• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/01 - 09/07

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
sphinx said:
After more than 22 millions sold, DS sells what was "amazing" for a PS2 in a low season week in its prime time.

cool.

Yeah, the DS will never die.

Nintendo has no reason to release a DS2, and Sony really has no reason to release a new PSP.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
MC-THREAD-HARDWARE-TITLE.png

Code:
[B][U]Hardware | This Week  | Last Week   |  YTD        | LTD      [/U][/B]
DS       | 51,412     | 56,439      |  2,073,607  | 23,246,211
PSP      | 34,462     | 41,664      |  2,622,573  | 10,224,173
WII      | 33,128     | 35,755      |  2,035,354  |  6,687,269
PS3      |  8,317     |  9,775      |    639,404  |  2,290,855
360      |  1,044     |  3,124      |    131,507  |    641,972

xfactor

Banned
duckroll said:
Obata really wasn't putting any effort into it anyway, so it was probably a good thing it got put down. It was pretty much shameless fanservice with some cool monster designs along the way. Pretty lame.

its a shame though. The story seems to have potential. When I finishes the 3rd book, I was thinking of how the last volume will be enough to end the story. They managed to do that.

schuelma said:
I'm not good with Josh's site so its hard for me to tell for sure, but it appears that Wii is holding up a bit better this year during the slow period.
Famitsu and Media Create have had some pretty big disagreements on the Wii number the last few weeks, so it's hard to be certain.

Media Create says this is the first time in several months that Wii 2008 has had a better week than Wii 2007, with a much shallower dip.
2007-12-31

Famitsu says the dip is matching last year's, and thus it's still doing much worse than last year overall.
2007-12-31

Based on the latest Famitsu hardware data...
PSP comparisons: After 195 weeks, PSP is where PS2 was at 147.7 weeks (December 26, 2002), where DS was at 88.6 weeks (August 9, 2006), and where GBA was at 124.9 weeks (August 9, 2003).

PS3 comparisons: After 95 weeks, PS3 is where PS2 was at 21.2 weeks (July 24, 2000), where PSP was at 53.1 weeks (December 12, 2005), where GCN was at 100.2 weeks (August 11, 2003), and where Wii was at 23.2 weeks (May 7, 2007).

Wii comparisons: After 92 weeks, Wii is where GBA was at 89.1 weeks (December 1, 20020, where DS was at 69.8 weeks (March 31, 2006), where PS2 was at 97.3 weeks (January 7, 2002), and where PSP was at 152.2 weeks (November 5, 2007).

Based on the latest Media Create hardware data...
DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 59.9 / 40.1, DS's strongest since December 2007. This brings total shares to 69.4 / 30.6. If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 378.8 weeks (December 12, 2015).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 20.1 / 79.9, bringing total shares to 25.5 / 74.5. If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 531.6 weeks (November 15, 2018).

Week over week, everything is down a little, but X360 plummets (relatively), presumably due to the shortage issues.
X360

Famitsu software stuff
From the numbers given when Fire Emblem returned to the Top 30 (Top 10, even), we can see it dipped to under 4K the week it disappeared.
3152+-+Fire+Emblem%3A+New+Shadow+Dragons+and+the+Blade+of+Light+-+DS

This week mostly out of stock placed it (3152) back behind the first GBA Fire Emblem (823) in sales from launch.

And now a couple pointless inappropriate software versuses, just because I notice their current totals are similar.
WS

MHP2G

New software group: Silicon Knights.

Twin Snakes (1730) may have done awfully for a Metal Gear game, but compared to Eternal Darkness (888) and Too Human (3168) it looks pretty big.

RJT

Xisiqomelir said:
Can someone tell me if Afrika is good?
Dude, this is a sales thread. You want info on how a game "plays", please ask those crazy gamers on other threads.

apujanata

donny2112 said:
Just because it needs to be posted, here's the Japanese console chart with a note for the 360 shortage. :lol

JPNConsoles-30.png

If there is no arrow pointing the X360 shortage, I would be hard pressed to notice the "barely there" dip. It is the fault of those 350K / week at launch Wii #, and second highest # at 275K. If we eliminate those two point, the graphic will be more clear, and the dip in X360 weekly # would be more noticeable.

duckroll

botticus said:
Vesperia did 70k first day as well, didn't it?

Yes, but Sinobi notes that even though both did about the same numbers on the first day, IU is selling a higher % of the initial shipment. This might mean that demand was higher than expected.

Hammer24

Banned
So I take it, that there wont be any first day HW numbers?
Do we at least have some anecdotic evidence to feed the starving soul? :D
Vinnk, I´m looking at you, btw. ;)

I frequent another forum that has a few X360 Japanese users. They said that, although Japan is re-stocked, hardware is moving very briskly, and has sold out in some areas of the Arcade unit.

One such member said that they expect the X360 to beat the Wii this week.

Either way, those numbers for IU are well above expected. Lets hope that 30,000+ new X360 owners decided to pick it, plus Tales up this week :)

manzo

Mr Killemgood said:
I frequent another forum that has a few X360 Japanese users. They said that, although Japan is re-stocked, hardware is moving very briskly, and has sold out in some areas of the Arcade unit.

One such member said that they expect the X360 to beat the Wii this week.

Either way, those numbers for IU are well above expected. Lets hope that 30,000+ new X360 owners decided to pick it, plus Tales up this week :)

Hmm. Now the question is (again), how many weeks it'll keep up before the eventual drop to 2000-4000 units.

d+pad

manzo said:
Hmm. Now the question is (again), how many weeks it'll keep up before the eventual drop to 2000-4000 units.

One or two, if the past is any indication.

Side question: Was Pokemon Platinum released this week, too, or next week? It'll be interesting to see what kinds of numbers that one brings to the table...

IU is doing a lot better than I expected. Will be interesting to see the hardware numbers for the week.

d+pad said:
One or two, if the past is any indication.

Side question: Was Pokemon Platinum released this week, too, or next week? It'll be interesting to see what kinds of numbers that one brings to the table...
Will be released this saturday.

harSon

Banned
Good for Infinite Undiscovery! I haven't purchased this or Vesperia yet considering light hearted JRPGs on the Xbox 360 seem to drop in price fairly rapidly. Hope the hardware saw a lift as well.

harSon

Banned
Jonnyram said:
There were no lines for 360, but plenty of lines for ps3 this week. At my shop, at least.

I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or serious, it can go either way considering who you're responding too :p

Error said:
wtf, it did really well. totally exceeded my expectations. I was expecting 50k for the week.

My expectations were surpassed as well. Microsoft is never going to sell gang busters but if they keep a steady flow of Japanese centric games releasing through out the year then they can at least carve themselves a solid base of niche gamers.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jonnyram said:
There were no lines for 360, but plenty of lines for ps3 this week. At my shop, at least.

Wait, you work in a Japanese gaming store?

That is pretty neat.

(Oh nevermind, I got the joke :lol )

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jonnyram said:

Jesus christ, you don't have to be like that. It was a serious question.

manzo

Kagari said:
Jesus christ, you don't have to be like that. It was a serious question.

No pics on 2chan or 2ch as of yet, only a few fake shots from the PS3 launch lines calling them lines for IU.

manzo

Hcoregamer00 said:
Japan is just awesome :lol

The most embarrassing part was that the pictures were posted at the Forza Xbox blog, which is pretty much the front line of Xbox-related stuff for the Japanese Xbox fans. :)

I guess someone played a prank at 2ch and the Forza guys thought that they actually were shots from IU lines. :p

Jonnyram

The forza blog is amazing :lol

Seriously though, it looks like MS only shipped the new 60GB units. Places are reporting extremely low stocks on Elite and Arcade units. 60GB units are selling well, but the lack of available hardware is said to be holding back IU sales, according to Sinobi, at least.

manzo

Jonnyram said:
The forza blog is amazing :lol

Seriously though, it looks like MS only shipped the new 60GB units. Places are reporting extremely low stocks on Elite and Arcade units. 60GB units are selling well, but the lack of available hardware is said to be holding back IU sales, according to Sinobi, at least.

Looks like they already noticed that they got punked, they took the picture away from the blog post "Today's stock already sold out?! Did it come, the break for 360!?".

Kagari said:
You expected that low for a Square published game?

Considering the huge negative "campaign" on 2ch and 2chan for the game, I'm somewhat surprised that the game sold more than 50k.

The gatekeepers have been doing their best to pour shit on the game; they've been trolling the game like there is no tomorrow because of the "westernized" character designs.

Jonnyram said:
Well played :lol .

jeremy1456 said:
I am shocked, and concede that i was completely wrong about IU.

I was expecting no more than 25k LTD.
jeremy1456 said:
That's a new IP, developed by Tri-Ace, with not much hype on a console that's doing about Xbox 1 levels in Japan?

Yes.
That's some serious lowballing. That would've put it seriously below what Eternal Sonata did. Probably around 1/3.

jeremy1456 said:
That's a new IP, developed by Tri-Ace, with not much hype on a console that's doing about Xbox 1 levels in Japan?

You consider being developed by tri-Ace to be a negative?

I think it's well established in this thread that the reason you were wrong is that you were wrong about IU is that your theory was crazy.

Top Bottom