• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/21 - 1/27

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Tenbatsu said:
This is a much more clever decision.

Why?

We don't have evidence that MHP will sell like crazy on DS.

We have good evidence it sells like crazy on PSP.

Mashing

schuelma said:
Why?

We don't have evidence that MHP will sell like crazy on DS.

We have good evidence it sells like crazy on PSP.

There was no evidence MH3 would sell on Wii, but, well.. you know the rest.

I certainly worth trying, the DS fanbase is huge.

Lobster

Banned
Mashing said:
There was no evidence MH3 would sell on Wii, but, well.. you know the rest.

I certainly worth trying, the DS fanbase is huge.

DS isn't really capable of 3D though :\ I can't work out how MH would work in 2D.

Tenbatsu

Lobster said:
DS isn't really capable of 3D though :\ I can't work out how MH would work in 2D.

Guess you never heard of Monster Hunter Mobile?:lol
mob_i_img02.gif

More info here
http://www.capcom.co.jp/keitai/imode/monsterhunter_i.html

Miburou

Tenbatsu said:
24./00. [WII] News Channel (Nintendo)

Whats this?

27./33. [PS2] Yakuza 2 (Sega)

This still selling??:lol But whatever, its a great game.

a 1800Y version was released last month (which is when I picked it up), so I guess that pushed some extra sales.

Axalon

Chumly said:
Looks like SSBB is steamrolling in japan.
I don't know what was being said here. So I'll do both interpretations.

A. It came out today, you clod. Next week's numbers.

B. Yes, it is. Next week should be interesting.

Vinnk

Getting Brawl in 45 minutes.

I'll hit the other stores tomorrow (maybe)

Anything other than Brawl and DMC4 worth checking out?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Vinnk said:

GameCube controllers :p

sphinx

the piano man
VOOK said:
GameCube controllers :p

Vinnk, if you could check if nintendo produced a batch of GCN controllers specifically for Brawl, it would be an interesting tidbit to know. Maybe you could ask if those are GCN controllers from the GCN era that were left unsold or if they are new.

kassatsu

Banned
Top 30

NDS - 16
WII - 7
PS2 - 3
PSP - 3
PS3 - 1
360 - 0

Vinnk said:

Disgaea 3 .__.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
phez said:
say, what's japanese for DS?

Money Printer.

Anyway, Wii Fit still selling like mad, M&S DS Selling a decent 2nd week and Layton Still selling, a good week, except for the fact that SMG dropped out of the top 10, boo.

Tenbatsu

AnimeTheme said:
Have you ever played MHP at all?

Yap, but overall I prefered the PS2 versions (MH, MHG, MH2) as the dual analog suits the game better. The AI of the Monsters are better in MHP2 thou.

Tenbatsu said:
Yap, but overall I prefered the PS2 versions (MH, MHG, MH2) as the dual analog suits the game better. The AI of the Monsters are better in MHP2 thou.

So what made you think MH3P would be better on DS than PSP?

Tenbatsu said:

Based on what?

The fact is, the MH franchise actually exploded on PSP and is selling like crazy there. MHP2 actually outsells the best-selling 3rd party game on DS (DQMJ), not to mention a MH on DS would look nothing better than the mobile version. There is absolutely NO evidence to show that MH sells better on DS. In fact, if Capcom thought MH DS was really that viable, they would have done it already. They don't even have to wait for MHP3.

Tenbatsu

AnimeTheme said:
Based on what?

The fact is, the MH franchise actually exploded on PSP and is selling like crazy there. MHP2 actually outsells the best-selling 3rd party game on DS (DQMJ), not to mention a MH on DS would look nothing better than the mobile version. There is absolutely NO evidence to show that MH sells better on DS. In fact, if Capcom thought MH DS was really that viable, they would have done it already. They don't even have to wait for MHP3.

It might happen thou.

DieH@rd

Banned
07./05. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (Capcom) - 21,000 / 1,555,000

And still with only ad hock muliplayer :-/

ethelred said:
Yes.

Oh, I know. I hope their next PSP game is Yggdra Union 2.

I guess if they're not going to try to create more innovative content, they should stick to what they've clearly shown themselves to better at: repackaging...

Frillen

The only interesting part with this week will be SSBB and DMC's first day sales numbers.

Really slow numbers this week.

AnimeTheme said:
Based on what?

Wait for DQIX ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom tried MH on the DS in some form soon. Sure we don't have evidence it'll sell gang busters on the DS but the possibilities are there. I can guarantee you though that graphics is not the reason stopping it from happening.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nuclear Muffin said:
WTF @ News Channel, what's the point of putting it on a disc? you can't use it without an online connection anyway!

Nintendo also opened a call center end of last year to help people get their Wiis online. You probably pop this sucker in and then it has a tutorial to hook it up online as well.

Nuclear Muffin said:
WTF @ News Channel, what's the point of putting it on a disc? you can't use it without an online connection anyway!

they want to totally dominate the chart with Nintendo software.
Nextweek: Check Mii Out Channel on disc

Top Bottom