• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/28 - 2/3

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Shamrock7r said:
I am not sure those Smash Bros. numbers are accurate. Go check on how Zelda and Mario Galaxy did on their first way to get more accurate representation on how Smash did.

Joke died a few days ago.

Jiggy

I'm happy that the three games releasing in this period that I most wanted to do well all did well, instead of a certain one of them murdering Tales and Haruhi.

(Incidentally, I'm guessing that out of the PSP, PS2, and Wii Haruhi games, none are/will be worth playing--though I'd love to be wrong--but I'd still like them to do well to prove that there's enough of a market to make the idea of developing more cost-intensive, worthwhile game projects down the line seem less risky. I know, I know. It's pretty optimistic thinking.)

Eight hundred and twenty thousand. I had to check twice to make sure I read that correctly.

How large was the DS userbase when NSMB was released? What were NSMB's first week numbers? I think the two launches are comparable events.

Lightning

Banned
Hmm... decent sales for DMC4 PS3 version. Next week will be interesting to see if it has legs or will just fade away. Prostreet on the PS3 outsold the PS2 version? I lol'd.

Grecco

Someone forward this thread to Kyle orland. He needs a reality check

:lol Fantastic numbers for Smash. March 9 seems so far away.

Minsc

Gold Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Eight hundred and twenty thousand. I had to check twice to make sure I read that correctly.

How large was the DS userbase when NSMB was released? What were NSMB's first week numbers? I think the two launches are comparable events.

They're not really comparable because the demand for Brawl is unknown.

It had a 95% sell-through, which means people were going on Easter-Egg hunts just to find it.

The sell through question was asked in the previous thread, but no answer was given. If NSMB had a similar sell-through, then that would make them more comparable I guess.

I'm still curious to your questions answers though :)

Raw64life

Brawl is on pace to outsell Melee, which was the best selling Gamecube game ever in Japan, by the end of the month.

Also, good numbers for DMC4, which I've spent the last couple of hours playing.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Why don't we stop putting words into ethelreds mouth. I'm sure he can speak for himself.

Awesome. Out of all the sequels to the GCN 1st party titles on the Wii, Smash sports the most improvements and added features and now it looks like it will also experience the larger sales bumps.

Christopher said:
ugh who is that anime girl with the PS controller and why do I see avaitars of her all on this board
I would also like to know this. I've seen avatars, signatures and PSP themes all featuring this particular anime girl all over the net. Is this a popular anime? Why does it have such a fervent following?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I think it is very cool that there are only two handheld games in the top ten this week. Console games making a comeback in Japan would be a welcome sight.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I would also like to know this. I've seen avatars, signatures and PSP themes all featuring this particular anime girl all over the net. Is this a popular anime? Why does it have such a fervent following?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is the name of the series. The girl is Haruhi herself. 13 episode series based on a series of light novels. Yes, it's a popular show. Why? It caters to many segments of the Otaku crowd with good animation and catchy segments and sequences (such as the dance at the end of each episode). It's an above average anime series IMO.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, that's it for Nintendo for 08 after Smash, no?

I KID YOU DON'T PUNCH ME

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Christopher said:
ugh who is that anime girl with the PS controller and why do I see avaitars of her all on this board

Haruhi Suzumiya, the title character of the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Very popular

Xavien

Christopher said:

Hurahi Suzumiya from the anime series The Melancholy of Hurahi Suzumiya.

Basically its a series that takes all the anime clichés and turns them into jokes.

Edit: Beaten twice over :(

oh and it's very popular....

*Guaraná

Banned
Snaku said:
I guess this is Nintendo's "final smash." ;)

104770.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
reilo said:
Well, that's it for Nintendo for 08 after Smash, no?

I KID YOU DON'T PUNCH ME

Your goose is cooked!

Would you like that rare, medium or well done?

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Kintaro said:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is the name of the series. The girl is Haruhi herself. 13 episode series based on a series of light novels. Yes, it's a popular show. Why? It caters to many segments of the Otaku crowd with good animation and catchy segments and sequences (such as the dance at the end of each episode). It's an above average anime series IMO.
You mean it's one of the best animes ever. :D

C4Lukins

Japan is even starting to buy PS3 games that they would not touch on the 360. Great for Devil May Cry. I am really enjoying the game so far.

Edit: Nevermind. I did not realize Assassins was already released on 360.

Christine

HK-47 said:
No doubt. I dont even know why Namco made their own board, though I doubt Nintendo would be generous enough to allow Bamco to pack the Balace Board with FS...even though that makes sense

No, not really. Right now demand for the Wii Fit package is such that sacrificing balance boards to sell to Namco just isn't reasonable. They haven't even launched outside Japan - they need to stockpile units for that as well.

Kintaro said:

Interesting.

Kintaro said:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, huh? Sounds kind of emo. Judging from the fact that she's wearing a Japanese schoolgirl uniform, would I be right in saying that the series chronicles this girl's love life, trials and tribulations against the backdrop of her high school?

Why is it so popular among English speakers?

Xavien

CurseoftheGods said:
Interesting.

wat

Nice stealth edit there.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, huh? Sounds kind of emo. Judging from the fact that she's wearing a Japanese schoolgirl uniform, would I be right in saying that the series chronicles this girl's love life, trials and tribulations against the backdrop of her high school?

Why is it so popular among English speakers?

Not quite, it starts out like that and then gets very weird.

Top Bottom