• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/8 - 10/14 2007

Defuser

test_account said:
True. Due to this i dont think there is a chance that PS3 will outsell Wii around those weeks. Is the 40GB out yet by the way? Or will that also be released on 11th of November?
Sangoku Musou 5

DiddyBop said:
mark my words: once the ps3 drops with the lower price in japan, it will continually outsell the wii.
Since when Tabris started to have children?

test_account

XP-39C²
Defuser said:
Sangoku Musou 5

Ah yes, i totally forgot about that game. Hm.. hard to say then. It depends on how big precentage that will get Super Mario Galaxy the first week. Maybe there is a chance for PS3 to outsell Wii then.

test_account said:
Ah yes, i totally forgot about that game. Hm.. hard to say then. It depends on how big precentage that will get Super Mario Galaxy the first week. Maybe there is a chance for PS3 to outsell Wii then.

Well Umbrella Chronicles comes out for the Wii that week as well.

test_account

XP-39C²
Stopsign said:
Well Umbrella Chronicles comes out for the Wii that week as well.

To be honest i dont think UC will be anything super special when it comes to sale, but we'll see :) I just checked the dates, UC = 15 Nov. SSM5 = 22 Nov. SSM5 is out 1 week later. It might have a chance then.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
11/11 will be interesting

+ For PS3

Sangoku Musou 5

New White 40GB model

+ for Wii

Galaxy have just came out

RE:UC coming out that day

I think its likely that Wii still sells more. I don't think PS3 will bump up that significantly, but I guess nobody knows for sure how the white PS3 will do so its possible.

schuelma

test_account said:
To be honest i dont think UC will be anything super special when it comes to sale, but we'll see :) I just checked the dates, UC = 15 Nov. SSM5 = 22 Nov. SSM5 is out 1 week later. It might have a chance then.

In Japan I'm pretty sure they both come out the 11th.

And I think RE:UC will do well, especially if the Japanese want the zapper.

schuelma

Eteric Rice said:
I think UC will bomb under the weight of Galaxy.

It's like Capcom sent it out to die.

I don't think so. They're two pretty different games and UC has 2 weeks of space.

cvxfreak

Eteric Rice said:
I think UC will bomb under the weight of Galaxy.

It's like Capcom sent it out to die.

I don't think so. There's a two week gap, and they appeal to different fanbases. UC only helps the Wii's November lineup, which is already packed with a few other hits (like Mario and Sonic).

Eteric Rice

schuelma said:
I don't think so. They're two pretty different games and UC has 2 weeks of space.

Yeah, but most people don't buy two games per system, so when people go out to buy one, they're likely going for Galaxy.

Unless they're huge RE fans.

Edit: Wait, I thought Galaxy and UC were releasing on the same day. Never mind. :D

test_account

XP-39C²
schuelma said:
Ahh yup you are correct.

Play-Asia.com lists SSM5 as 11.11 tho. I tried to check koei.co.jp for the release date, but i didnt find anything :\ But from what i know, games in Japan are usually released on a thursday and 11.22 is a thursday. 11.11 is a sunday so it looks more likely that its 11.22 :)

lupin23rd

Koei's site says the 11th - there is a bundle with the white PS3 so it makes sense they are out on the same day, even if it doesn't make sense that the stuff comes out on a Sunday.

.dmc

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Yeah, but most people don't buy two games per system, so when people go out to buy one, they're likely going for Galaxy.

How many people do you think will buy a light-gun shooter as their first game anyway?

donny2112

DiddyBop said:
mark my words: once the ps3 drops with the lower price in japan, it will continually outsell the wii.

next gen will also focus heavily on portable gaming, seems like the japanese don't like home consoles anymore. as with the current trend,every final fantasy spin off will be released on handhelds only. many more big franchises will see their next major release on handhelds also next gen. dragon quest 9 was just the beginning.

As deduced from your post:

1. 40,000 yen PS3 outsells 25,000 yen WII in second week of Super Mario Galaxy's release and continually thereafter.
2. FFXIII Versus will be moved to a handheld.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
donny2112 said:
2. FFXIII Versus will be moved to a handheld.

:lol

i think there's some validity in the fact that there's gonna be more concentration on handhelds than consoles. wii doesn't appear to be the savior of the home console after all.

apujanata

Bebpo said:
It probably cost more than ASH to make :(

Does this means that Operation Darkness are categorized as "Super Bomba", while ASH is categorized as "Almost Bomba" ?

And OD as "Loss so big the whole company is bankrupt", while ASH is "maybe loss, maybe profit" ?

apujanata

davepoobond said:
:lol

i think there's some validity in the fact that there's gonna be more concentration on handhelds than consoles. wii doesn't appear to be the savior of the home console after all.

Can we wait until Wii Fit release before declaring this ?

I was late in realizing this, but wasn't Crimson/Black released as new color in Oct 4 in Japan ? Is it easy to find that color in Japan ?

apujanata said:
And OD as "Loss so big the whole company is bankrupt", while ASH is "maybe loss, maybe profit" ?

I doubt very much that ASH made a profit. OD is more like the company sends loan sharks after the developer's families to recoup.

justjohn said:
the white cheaper ps3 will make a much bigger impact than this price drop.
I agree, but beating Wii in it's slowest period and no significant release that week is mandatory with a price drop. (is there even a release for Wii in that week?)

Opus Angelorum said:
I believe Reggie would say it is supply constrained.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee137/aranathos/ReggieShrug.gif
And he would be right, for all we know the Wii IS supply constraint in the US.

DiddyBop said:

next gen will also focus heavily on portable gaming, seems like the japanese don't like home consoles anymore. as with the current trend,every final fantasy spin off will be released on handhelds only. many more big franchises will see their next major release on handhelds also next gen. dragon quest 9 was just the beginning.
I predict a bright future for you in sales-age threads.

mutsu

toypop said:
http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/press/release/20071022.htm

As rumors said before, MS gonna slash 360 prices in Japan.

From November 1st.
Premium 39,795Yen -> 34,800Yen = $304.7
Core 29,800Yen -> 27,800Yen = $243.41

And they offer "Value Pack" bundle for limited period of times(or amounts).
*Xbox360 Value pack 34,800Yen (Premium bundled FM2 and Pinata).

Hmm no Arcade pack??

Microsoft Japan doesn't learn huh? If you are going to pack in something, at least pack games that are going to attract the Japanese gaming audience.

lupin23rd

Phife Dawg said:
I agree, but beating Wii in it's slowest period and no significant release that week is mandatory with a price drop. (is there even a release for Wii in that week?)

I thought UC is coming out that week? It's not Mario but it's big enough.

As for this coming week, if there was a big PS3 game coming out it might be able to overtake Wii before the Mario release, but with Imabikisou and Eye of Judgement, I dont expect much. That would be the first week that Wii hasn't won (console-wise) the whole year, wouldn't it?

toypop

mutsu said:
Microsoft Japan doesn't learn huh? If you are going to pack in something, at least pack games that are going to attract the Japanese gaming audience.

Agreed, both are good games though. :D
They better put EDF3 or LostPlanet instead of one of these bundled, my other choices will be Gears and DeadRising, but these are Z-rated so it won't be allowed.

I'm worried about how much units will be supplied, and how much those retailers will order.
Anyways, It's still nice to see some sales boost on Katamari, AC6 and DW5 with this pack.

Lobster

Banned
This thread needs a list of release dates for the week...
October 2007:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire (Square Enix) - 25
World Soccer Winning Eleven DS GoalxGoal! (Konami) - 25
Apathy (Arc System Works) - 25
Marsh (dimple Entertainment) - 25
ESSE Shikkari Kakeibo DS (IE Institute Co., Ltd.) - 25
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (Bandai Namco) - 25
The Frogman Show DS Datte Shoganaijanai (Compile Heart) - 25
Simple DS Series Vol.24 THE Tank (D3 Publisher) - 25
Simple DS Series Vol.25 THE Kôshôjin (D3 Publisher) - 25
Illustlogic DS + Karafuru Logic (Hudson Soft) - 25
Crossword DS + Sekai Isshû Cross (Hudson Soft) - 25
Sugar Bunnies DS Yume no Sweets Kôbô (Takara Tomy) - 25
Sekai no Shôgi (Success) - 25
Dungeon Maker (Global A Entertainment) - 25
Dengeki Bunko Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu II (Media Works) - 25
Gurren Lagann (Konami) - 25
Mensetsu no Tatsujin (Success) - 25

Via Go Nintendo.

Thats a fuckload of DS games out on the 25th..and dam..Novemember and December is even more crazy!

· Week 29 Oct - 4 Nov
1 Nov releases:
Wii Super Mario Galaxy, Opoona
X360 Pricedrop + Falcon 360, Ace Combat VI
PS2 Super Robot Taisen Scramble Commander the 2nd

· Week 5 - 11 Nov
8 Nov releases:
NDS Mario Party DS
11 Nov releases:
PS3 40GB SKU, Dual Shock 3, Shin Sangoku Musou 5, Ratchet and Clank Future
X360 Shin Sangoku Musou 5

· Week 12-18 Nov
15 Nov releases:
Wii Resident Evil UC
PS3 Heavenly Sword

So, PS3 thingies only has 1 day of sales on the 2nd week of Super Mario Galaxy. And then, the following week Wii has REUC. Its hardly going to outsell Wii.

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
·
· Week 12-18 Nov
15 Nov releases:
Wii Resident Evil UC
PS3 Heavenly Sword

This week excites me the most. I have high doubts Heavenly sword will beat RE:UC though..but it'll be interesting by how much UC beats HS.

PS3 outsell Wii with Mario Galay carrying it forward to Dec 1st where WiiFit will take it on to Smash Bros, which will take it on to something else.......?

Lobster said:
Then Wii Sports 2
59765832-S.jpg

ksamedi

Eteric Rice said:

Unless they're huge RE fans.

Edit: Wait, I thought Galaxy and UC were releasing on the same day. Never mind. :D

Thats the thing about Wii it has many users.

test_account

XP-39C²
lupin23rd said:
Koei's site says the 11th - there is a bundle with the white PS3 so it makes sense they are out on the same day, even if it doesn't make sense that the stuff comes out on a Sunday.

Ah ok, i guess it makes sense, to release the same date as the white 40GB version :) So 40GB White, Dual Shock 3, SSM5 and Ratchet & Clank released all on the same day. And Super Mario Galaxy will be out 1 week before. Hm.. there might be a chance that PS3 actually outsells Wii that week then.

EDIT:
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So, PS3 thingies only has 1 day of sales on the 2nd week of Super Mario Galaxy. And then, the following week Wii has REUC. Its hardly going to outsell Wii.

Good point, i thought about this after i posted too. MC stops on sundays so it will only get 1 day of stats as you say.

test_account

XP-39C²
Lobster said:
This week excites me the most. I have high doubts Heavenly sword will beat RE:UC though..but it'll be interesting by how much UC beats HS.

How is Heavenly Sword recieved/hyped in Japan? My feeling say its not a typical game that japanese people in general would like. UC and HS are 2 different games too tho so they dont have much in common.

Frillen

test_account said:
How is Heavenly Sword recieved/hyped in Japan? My feeling say its not a typical game that japanese people in general would like. UC and HS are 2 different games too tho so they dont have much in common.

I'm guessing it will sell around the same as SIGMA. So somewhere between 70 and 100k. Just a wild prediction though.

Lobster said:
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire (Square Enix) - 25
World Soccer Winning Eleven DS GoalxGoal! (Konami) - 25
Apathy (Arc System Works) - 25
Marsh (dimple Entertainment) - 25
ESSE Shikkari Kakeibo DS (IE Institute Co., Ltd.) - 25
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (Bandai Namco) - 25
The Frogman Show DS Datte Shoganaijanai (Compile Heart) - 25
Simple DS Series Vol.24 THE Tank (D3 Publisher) - 25
Simple DS Series Vol.25 THE Kôshôjin (D3 Publisher) - 25
Illustlogic DS + Karafuru Logic (Hudson Soft) - 25
Crossword DS + Sekai Isshû Cross (Hudson Soft) - 25
Sugar Bunnies DS Yume no Sweets Kôbô (Takara Tomy) - 25
Sekai no Shôgi (Success) - 25
Dungeon Maker (Global A Entertainment) - 25
Dengeki Bunko Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu II (Media Works) - 25
Gurren Lagann (Konami) - 25
Mensetsu no Tatsujin (Success) - 25

Damn that's a lot of releases in one week.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
· Week 29 Oct - 4 Nov
1 Nov releases:
Wii Super Mario Galaxy, Opoona
X360 Pricedrop + Falcon 360, Ace Combat VI
PS2 Super Robot Taisen Scramble Commander the 2nd

· Week 5 - 11 Nov
8 Nov releases:
NDS Mario Party DS
11 Nov releases:
PS3 40GB SKU, Dual Shock 3, Shin Sangoku Musou 5, Ratchet and Clank Future
X360 Shin Sangoku Musou 5

· Week 12-18 Nov
15 Nov releases:
Wii Resident Evil UC
PS3 Heavenly Sword

Don't forget this week. Zack & Wiki don't like neglect, even if that's what they'll get. :(

Top Bottom