• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/10 - 12/16 2007

Zeed

Banned
Half a mil cumulative ain't bad for SMG, still disappointing, but NA made up for it.

Wow @ DQIV getting close to a mil total.

Awesome performance by Layton.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kastrioti said:
Here are the Famitsu numbers to give a little light on what the hardware will look like tommorow.

Hardware:
Wii : 168k
DSL : 249k
PS3 : 53k
PS2 : 21k
PSP : 158k
360 : 8.7k

Looks like GT5P really didn't help move consoles.

Whoa @ the PSP numbers.

Spike

Beezy said:
Is that a serious question? Do you not realize how easy it is to pirate shit on the PSP?

No, I know. But still, there should be at least one title selling well enough to go with all those systems. Is there a bundle package over there with a game, like we have over here with Daxter and Star Wars?

I mean, where is the incentive for the devs/pubs to support the system over there if the software sales are so miserable? It's very sad to see this trend.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Zeed said:
Half a mil cumulative ain't bad for SMG, still disappointing, but NA made up for it.

Just looking at how other Nintendo properties have done around the time of year, I think Galaxy hits a million and easily overtakes Sunshine. Not the overwhelming success people might have wanted, but a solid performance.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
beerbelly said:
What's your explanation on that one?

It's a Western game on a 2nd place system.

If you want to talk disappointments, take a look at NiGHTS.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
beerbelly said:
What's your explanation on that one?

rrrmmm....on someone asking the question in the first place?

and psp hardware is doing pretty well. hopefully the amount of people who still want to buy their games gets big enough to do some more good stuff for software sales...

no chart for Lost Oddysseyeyyeyr is unexpected. i'd expected it to at least be 20 range

Was Wii Love Golf even advertised? No More Heroes outsold it, right?

The Takahashi Bros. need to go limping back to Nintendo and make Golden Sun Wii

womfalcs3

Banned
The reason for the increase in PSP sales is the new color release. It wasn't a random increase.

Sony should release a new color every week.

Look at the legs on Galaxy.
646d65k.gif

Wow... Nintendo is a freaking monster in Japan. Like, Godzilla, but with more waggle!

Anyone have the Sony predictions for the GT5:p online and offline numbers? Would be interesting to see how they stack up.

womfalcs3 said:
The reason for the increase in PSP sales is the new color release. It wasn't a random increase.

Sony should release a new color every week.

They really should start releasing new PS3 colors

So will we ever get a sense of the Prologue Download #s? It seems Sony keeps those to themselves

Terrible sales for Lost Odyssey. For supposed 'hardcore' gamers, Japanese 360 owners don't really buy much. Is it really that hard to get excited about the only big release of the season for the console?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Good to see Galaxy doing well after all. I hope it kicks Sunshine's ass sales-wise when all is said and done.
And sad to see HSG Portable 2 dropping off so quickly. Second week, right? :/ It'll probably have legs, but still.

diddlyD

Banned
i think terrorists are stockpiling psp hardware for some end of the world attack or something. thats the only explanation i can think of for hardware consistently outselling software by 2:1 and up.

tino

Banned
PSP now accounts for nearly 70% of Sony hardware unit sales in Japan. It was a good decision to invest in it and diversify the market.

Although they would have sold alot more if they made the PSP smaller. :)

Penguin

I really enjoy the Mario Party games but since no longer have people to play with.

I really wonder if the Mario Party numbers would be even better when Nintendo finally adds online play to it.

And go Galaxy go! Go Galaxy Go!

RBH

Lost Odyssey am bomba.

I'm really happy to see Galaxy having some legs, and it should probably beat Sunshine.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Penguin said:
I really enjoy the Mario Party games but since no longer have people to play with.

I really wonder if the Mario Party numbers would be even better when Nintendo finally adds online play to it.

And go Galaxy go! Go Galaxy Go!
Somehow I don't think Mario Party would be very fun online.. it's more the type of game you really need people to be in the same room with.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
super funk said:
Do my eyes decieve me or is that Wario Ware Wii back in the top 30?

I think its been there for some time...kinda just snuck up and nobody noticed (cared)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Sage00 said:
Somehow I don't think Mario Party would be very fun online.. it's more the type of game you really need people to be in the same room with.

Not at all. It would rule online (with voice chat).

Psychotext said:
Anyone have the Sony predictions for the GT5:p online and offline numbers? Would be interesting to see how they stack up.
Found it. Sony's expectations were 250k offline purchases and 50k online purchases.

(116k offline and ??? online for comparison)

Top Bottom