• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/10 - 12/16 2007

botticus

HK-47 said:
I think its been there for some time...kinda just snuck up and nobody noticed (cared)
Nah, I think this is the first it's creeped back into the top 30. It's been in the top 50 since the Wii hardware resurgence (week of Galaxy launch).

DiddyBop

the internet community does not represent the general public. so while 80% of the internet community might pirate psp games,im sure that the general population just uses it as a general multimedia device. prolly use it to watch their anime on the go in widescreen format and to listen to music. psp seems to be more of a competitor to the ipod than the DS to be honest,both in NA and Japan it seems. even though it doesnt compare to the ipod at all in terms of sales,im just saying that maybe ppl view it in that market and not so much the gaming market. of the 158k the psp sold last week in japan,im sure no more than 5000 of those ppl added custom firmware and downloaded games.

gaming piracy isnt as widespread as music piracy as it is more complex. if gaming piracy was a huge issue,software sales wouldnt continue to break records every year,whereas the music sales continue their downward spiral.

Penguin

Sage00 said:
Somehow I don't think Mario Party would be very fun online.. it's more the type of game you really need people to be in the same room with.

I don't know.
It works well for online since it is pretty damn slow paced.
And people who can't get together would love to play. Imagine mom and dad bonding with their kid on the other side of the country with a weekly Mario Party game or something.

Of course, it needs voicechat.

botticus

Penguin said:
I don't know.
It works well for online since it is pretty damn slow paced.
And people who can't get together would love to play. Imagine mom and dad bonding with their kid on the other side of the country with a weekly Mario Party game or something.

Of course, it needs voicechat.
I think that's why it would generally be pretty painful online. Imagine how long it will take for everyone to take their turn, and how many people will bail halfway through a game. I'd buy Mario Party if it were online since I have no one to play with locally, but I don't think it would be as fun.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
botticus said:
Nah, I think this is the first it's creeped back into the top 30. It's been in the top 50 since the Wii hardware resurgence.

Wario wont let Mario get all the glory, look for a top ten spot next week

Dante

Going forward are any of these outlets going to factor or somehow chart online buys as they become more and more common?

Dante said:
Going forward are any of these outlets going to factor or somehow chart online buys as they become more and more common?

Without a tangible way to track them, it's doubtful.
Unless companies start giving out that information in detailed reports weekly.

jesusraz

botticus said:
Nah, I think this is the first it's creeped back into the top 30. It's been in the top 50 since the Wii hardware resurgence (week of Galaxy launch).
Yeah, it's been slowly moving up and down in the mid-40s range for the past month or so and has now burst back onto the main scene thanks to all the new Wii buyers, most likely. Makes you wonder if any other games will start to make a re-appearance, like Super Paper Mario, perhaps.

Sad to see Tales of Innocence seemingly struggling to get through even its first batch of stock :/ If not for the high sales week it would have been a 'decent' performance in terms of chart placings, but not now. I wonder if retail will bother ordering more stock once through the first batch? Hmm...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
MisterHero said:
All the awesome non-Sony PSP games will make it to the PS2 and Wii, don't be sad for its games.
Sony games make the jump from PSP to PS2 also.

Dante said:
Nothing unless companies themselves release the info. It's why NPD taking away hw numbers and letting companies do it will never work. Also, another cons about the download only software business model.

Defuser

Why surprised at psp sales? You all know why it went up....

redpsp.jpg

itxaka

Defeatist
Nice numbers for nice software.

SMG, hold there and get legs until one million (at least!)
Nice prologue numbers, how many of them will be for imports? are people getting it from the store buying jpn cards?
Nice MPDS numbers, after the first mario party on portables, this one is much much better.
Mario and Sonic numbers are not bad.

Wiifit numers, i expected more after all the talk here on gaf about the "next big thing".

EDarkness

itxaka said:
Nice numbers for nice software.

SMG, hold there and get legs until one million (at least!)
Nice prologue numbers, how many of them will be for imports? are people getting it from the store buying jpn cards?
Nice MPDS numbers, after the first mario party on portables, this one is much much better.
Mario and Sonic numbers are not bad.

Wiifit numers, i expected more after all the talk here on gaf about the "next big thing".

You know, it's sold out all over town. None of the stores have it on sale where I live and I haven't seen it in stock since the middle of last week. I checked this morning and the situation hasn't changed in my area.

tanod

when is my burrito
battleMAUS said:
i would just like to point out that this is only 4 days of GT5P sales. it was released on the 13th

Almost everything new has 4 days in its first week. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Olaeh

Galaxy legs go!!

And seeing Chocobo make it into the top ten is nice as well. Any word for a release of that game outside of Japan ?

Top Bottom