• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/25 - 3/2

Jiggy

Soka said:
Also, I'm in complete agreement with Jiggy. I had some hope that SSBB would go on to outsell Wii Fit, at least in the short-run, but that seems to be hopeless. Wii Fit is a beast.
Well, it's not just about SSBB vs. Wii Fit to me.
It's more that, when I see how SSBB is the successor to the Gamecube's most successful "gamer's" game and is still bowing down to Wii Fit, it makes me a little sad--and I wonder whether, at this rate, there'll be any hope for games without "Wii" in the title to ever compete with the Wii Sports/Play/Fit trio for sales. (I realize that some people thought so a long time ago. I just wasn't one of them.)

And there's my whole fervent 2D-promoting agenda, of course. Still hoping LittleBigPlanet will shift a great number of units later in the year.

corez

YAY for WE2008. Will definately get it once it arrives at the States.

Brawl is doing well too.

BTW, did anyone knew how many copies did FFCC: Ring of Fates DS sold in Japan?

pulga

Banned
DeathWasHere said:
oh was it 90x120?

dear mods/admins:

i am a idiot please make me have my avatar back i promise i will change it within 5 minutes or you can permaban me.

Wow, the mods fucked you up the pooper and then shot their load all over your face. :lol :lol

Smash will sell 3 million copies in japan before it's all said and done.. that's a title like halo that will sell with mostly every system.

can't wait to the see numbers it does in north america! I know sooo many people buying that game it's sick the hype it has

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Well, it's not just about SSBB vs. Wii Fit to me.
It's more that, when I see how SSBB is the successor to the Gamecube's most successful "gamer's" game and is still bowing down to Wii Fit, it makes me a little sad--and I wonder whether, at this rate, there'll be any hope for games without "Wii" in the title to ever compete with the Wii Sports/Play/Fit trio for sales. (I realize that some people thought so a long time ago. I just wasn't one of them.)

And there's my whole fervent 2D-promoting agenda, of course. Still hoping LittleBigPlanet will shift a great number of units later in the year.

Hasn't SSBB already beaten SSBM's sales? And Melee was the best selling game for the GCN in Japan.

Brawl will undoubtedly be in the top 5, maybe even number 2 or 3 for best selling game this year. I really don't think that's something to ignore, even if WiiFit did "beat" it. It still proves, again, that hardcore have potential for the Wii.

Tenbatsu

ivysaur12 said:
Hasn't SSBB already beaten SSBM's sales? And Melee was the best selling game for the GCN in Japan.

Brawl will undoubtedly be in the top 5, maybe even number 2 or 3 for best selling game this year. I really don't think that's something to ignore, even if WiiFit did "beat" it. It still proves, again, that hardcore have potential for the Wii.

Another monster is coming....

justchris

Soma Bringer did pretty well for a new IP. Hopefully it'll continue next week and pull out a decent LTD. If it could match the first Etrian Odyssey, that would be magnificient.

Speaking of EO, EO2 :D

Family Ski still holding on to about the same sales it's had every week since launch. Those are some really nice legs. WEWii also showing some legs despite it's mediocre debut. Now to see how long they last.

Cheesemeister said:
Interestingly enough, Gundam Musou came out during this exact sales week last year...

Huh. I wonder if Bandai Namco's decision will pan out for them. I mean, I'm sure it was really cheap to port over to the PS2 for 150,000 easy sales, but still...

I want a new Gundam game on the PS3, stat!

GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!! :D

But man, Wii Fit you beast. Well deserved though since it really is awesome.

I want a new Gundam game on the PS3, stat!
Indeed. They need to bring back the Ace Pilot Gamecube team though. Masterpiece.

Jiggy

ivysaur12 said:

Yes, they can still sell excellently. I just think they can't be the Wii's absolute best, unless Mario Kart does better than I think it will. (And it could, considering its crazy never-say-die performance on DS.)

Lobster

Banned
If WE can manage atleast 100k sales in Japan, the game should be a pretty decent seller. Wii software sells like crazy for Wii in Europe so expect 200k from Europe for the game.

Hmm...I wonder if the good Etrian numbers mean that a Shin Megami Tensei DS is an even likelier prospect at this point.

gray_fox224

DeathWasHere said:
oh was it 90x120?

dear mods/admins:

i am a idiot please make me have my avatar back i promise i will change it within 5 minutes or you can permaban me.
:lol

Dude, just deal with it.

Nocebo

SunkisTim535 said:
It's the immense overweight Japanese population buying it, obviously.
Skinny people should be fit too or else anyone can send them flying with one FALCON POANCH!! :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hang on, Gundam Musou "special" on the older Playstation console? ok.... nice first week sales though, Brawl is smashing (Oh dear) through Melees' sales records, and Wii Fit...wow, will it stop? probably not until Wii Music.

Apart from that, slow week, WE Wii hanging in there and Family Ski chugging along, relative success awaits them both so well done to Konami and NB.

Pretty much in line with Famitsu.

sp0rsk said:
坂口涙目
Poor Sakaguchi :(.

cvxfreak said:
This is still a big number. The PS2 version will more or less double the total install base for Gundam Musou in Japan. Seeing viable PS2 sales may set a precedent down the line.
PS2 will live through Wii and now PS3 :lol . If this does indeed set a precedent PS3 will have a problem. I don't see it happening on a big basis though.

DeathWasHere said:
do people actually like WiiFit or are they buying it because it looks cool?
Yep, that's precisely it. They decorate their vast living rooms with those big boards hanging from the walls. And let's be honest it looks way cool, I mean it's all plastic and stuff.

Michan

02./01. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) - 67,000 / 1,358,000
03./03. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 64,000 / 1,610,000

I read that as ¨Super Smash Bros. 64¨ at first glance. My heart skipped a beat.

Vinnk

DeathWasHere said:
do people actually like WiiFit or are they buying it because it looks cool?

I don't think it looks cool at all. It looks amazingly lame. But I am one of those people who actually likes it.

AniHawk

Wonder how far SSBB will go. It's already the best selling in the series. If it can hit 2m, it'll be Nintendo's best-selling core game with Nintendo characters wearing hats while jumping in it on a console since the N64 days.

Parl

AniHawk said:
Wonder how far SSBB will go. It's already the best selling in the series. If it can hit 2m, it'll be Nintendo's best-selling core game with Nintendo characters wearing hats while jumping in it on a console since the N64 days.
Do handheld consoles count?

mario-kart-ds-20050515002502143_640w.jpg

swerve

Vinnk said:
I don't think it looks cool at all. It looks amazingly lame. But I am one of those people who actually likes it.

I'm with you, Vinnk. And whilst nobody I know thinks it's cool, there are very few who don't think it's neat and worthwhile when they try it.

I really don't get why people would be sad that Wii Fit would outsell Smash Brothers. Wii is a massively diverse machine here now (it's the TV guide, now, too), and the concern about Wii Fit is like a PS2 owner worrying that 'Bridget Jones' Diary' on DVD outsold GTA3.

Why worry at all about something you're not interested in? When it comes to gamer's games, Smash is the biggest title on the Wii. And it's going to sell so huge that there will be loads of new Wii owners, making the Wii a much more desirable platform for developers, meaning a more diverse lineup of titles. And with WiiWare as well, 2D is likely to thrive.

Everybody wins.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AniHawk said:

I thought the original Smash Bros. was at 1.6 million in Japan? Unless I'm mistaken.

Ydahs

Great sales for SSBB and Wii Fit. Surprised Family Ski is still there and nice to see Pro Evo is selling on Wii.

SSBB to two million!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Bizzyb said:
Mario Galaxy where art thou?

Oh and what is Idol Master??

The original game was a teen idol sim. You play as a producer to lead your character into massive stardom to become famous, or to go into obscurity.

Just think Princess Maker, except you touch the girls :lol

Top Bottom