• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

Dragona Akehi said:
I mean the alternative is you lot playing games 'till the new numbers. We can't have that can we? >;)

I can't get away with playing video games at work. Futzing around on my computer between calls, that I can do.

Datschge

schuelma said:
Allowing some overall sales discussion could also be beneficial to the thread; seems like a lot of us are interested in the overall picture as well as Japan.
So we are going to get in VGCz numbers again (or on what numbers do you want to rely for worldwide sales discussions?) just so we can do some allowed semi-OT discussion in "Media Create/Japanese sales" threads? Seems kind of an odd compromise after all the tight narrowing down what's allowed in these threads and what not.

KINGMOKU

This thread went into a wierd place. I have refrained from really contributing
I fear the mods right now
and it would seem that was a good idea.

media create threads are boring now.

It's like a bunch of Navy Seals killed all of their targets and were sent home, then get caught up in trouble because they have nothing to do.

donny2112

Datschge said:
on what numbers do you want to rely for worldwide sales discussions?
We have the NPD threads for U.S. data + the occassional press release from Europe/Australia. It'll mainly be limited to hardware sales, though. I'd like to start doing graphs of U.S. + Japanese hardware data, so this could be good. :)

Edit:
ylvis_ said:
Where there seriously some weeks in 2005 with less than 100 posts?

Oct 17-23, 2005 - 85 posts (84 replies; I actually graphed the reply number)

That's the latest Media-Create thread with < 100 replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dragona Akehi said:
I just have a feeling you're going to chart yourself into a corner and be unable to get out.

Well that pretty much clears up my dilemma of whether or not to post my "number of charts per thread chart." Thanksafreakinlot.

Eteric Rice

DeaconKnowledge said:

It's like a bunch of Navy Seals killed all of their targets and were sent home, then get caught up in trouble because they have nothing to do.

Someone needs to drop another bomb. Dragon Quest IX on DS wasn't enough. :(

donny2112 said:
We have the NPD threads for U.S. data + the occassional press release from Europe/Australia. It'll mainly be limited to hardware sales, though. I'd like to start doing graphs of U.S. + Japanese hardware data, so this could be good. :)

Edit:

Oct 17-23, 2005 - 85 posts (84 replies; I actually graphed the reply number)

That's the latest Media-Create thread with < 100 replies.

I actually think we should place higher importance on the Euro/Aust charts. It seems those threads are pretty much ignored by the majority despite the importance of PAL regions.

Evlar

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I actually think we should place higher importance on the Euro/Aust charts. It seems those threads are pretty much ignored by the majority despite the importance of PAL regions.
I agree, it's just so little data and so badly presented. And the hardware numbers are typically missing, which are the highlight of the show in M-C and NPD threads.

This over-emphasis on the hardware side is part of the problem, now that I mention it...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The Sphinx said:
I agree, it's just so little data and so badly presented. And the hardware numbers are typically missing, which are the highlight of the show in M-C and NPD threads.

This over-emphasis on the hardware side is part of the problem, now that I mention it...

Hardware numbers are concrete. Easy to digest, if not easy to swallow. They are palpable and easily understandable for most. It's easy to see who the winner is...and who's losing.

Hardware numbers rule.

If someone makes a thread like Cheese's, but broken up by country and/or the sum total sold in all countries, then I'd read it.

How it is right now, though, it's an ugly thread to read. Not easy on the eyes at all.

Evlar

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
What suggestions do you have for improving the presentation, then?
I think he's talking about the weekly European sales threads. Most everyone agrees your layout is kick-ass.

The Sphinx said:
I think he's talking about the weekly European sales threads. Most everyone agrees your layout is kick-ass.

Oh, the text-dump. It'd be easy to run it through a print function provided the data in table format.

PantherLotus said:
I would *really* love a weekly European-Sales thread.

Same. Even though we get less info from Europe, improving the presentation and putting greater insight into trends and such would go a long way.

Brak

DeaconKnowledge said:

It's like a Heracles myth. We love his strength when he has a task to do, but when he has no way to channel his rage-a-hol, he ends up killing his wife.

That's the answer to our problems, Nintendo must be purified of their miasma from murdering Sony. Hopefully Nintendo's punishment will be to make an online Advance Wars game.

Eteric Rice

Brak said:
It's like a Heracles myth. We love his strength when he has a task to do, but when he has no way to channel his rage-a-hol, he ends up killing his wife.

That's the answer to our problems, Nintendo must be purified of their miasma from murdering Sony. Hopefully Nintendo's punishment will be to make an online Advance Wars game.

IF they make another Advance Wars game.

God, I hope they do. Panzer Tactics won't be enough! :(

TJ Spyke

Don't listen to them cheesemeister. The way you do it is great, a lot better than the European sales threads IMO (which are pretty boring, and really hard on the eyes since they are ALL CAPITALIZED).

Link

The Autumn Wind
TJ Spyke said:
Don't listen to them cheesemeister. The way you do it is great, a lot better than the European sales threads IMO (which are pretty boring, and really hard on the eyes since they are ALL CAPITALIZED).
I think you misread. People want the Euro sales threads to be presented like the MC threads, not the other way around.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
CoolTrick said:
Most, but not everyone. All that's needed in this thread is text and numbers.

You're getting to ioi levels of annoying with the bitching and if you haven't been warned about it yet, let it be soon.

legend166

After we've finished discussing the actual numbers, there isn't much else we can talk about. I mean, we all got banned for saying that FXIII would be going to the Wii, so I'm too scared to say anything else.

Yeah, the Euro threads have text and numbers. Presented in ways that make me not care about Europe.

Media Create and, to a lesser degree, NPD threads are presented in a way that make me care.

<3 Cheese

Kenka

DeaconKnowledge said:
¨

Nintendomination is boring. Every week, you have non-games exhibiting infamous sales numbers around the world and we have to wait until September for some decent games.

I wonder when third-parties will understand that there are few people left who care about games on PS3. The should simply develop more fresh games like Mojippitan or Puyo Pop. We'll be happy, they'll earn money and everthing will be just fine.

He's an awesome poster that makes, well, great posts, is humorous, and makes awesome charts and graphs for GAF consumption.

You, on the other hand, come in here to whine, of all things, the set up Cheese has, which everyone except for you agrees is an excellent set up.

He's known for contributing positively. You are known for contributing negatively. Hell, you aren't even Drinky Crow or drohne negative. They are funny negatives and no one takes them seriously now, except for new posters. You are just an annoying negative who's sour that they didn't pick you to post the list for the week.

Get over it.

Thraktor

The Sphinx said:

Agreed, the lack of data (for either software or hardware) makes it incredibly difficult to ascertain anything useful from the European sales threads. Basically, it's a matter of the European tracking agencies being incredibly secretive with their numbers, to the extent of that debacle with PS3/Wii hardware numbers recently that caused Chart-Track (the main tracking agency in the UK) to send their ninjas out after whoever leaked the data.

If NPD can be convinced to give us near-exact hardware and top-10 software numbers almost immediately after it's released, then has anyone considered asking the European agencies about getting numbers on a delayed basis? Even if it were two weeks behind the date subscribers get them, if we got enough agencies to give us real numbers we could not only have a decent-enough sales thread to look at trends and provide analysis, but we'd have a country-by-country breakdown as well. Better than what we have now by a long way, anyway.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Brak said:

What the? That's not how it happened at all!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CoolTrick said:
And who are you?

Exactly.

cqc44604.gif

cvxfreak

Cheesemeister, for every complaint Cool Trick makes, I suggest you add one feature that'll annoy the living hell out of him. :)

Good lord. Nintendo has grown so much in Japan recently that 3rd parties are now making sacrifices to it, maybe to apease it from getting angry.

First Monolith Soft, but what it next? Oh the horrors.

CoolTrick

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Cheesemeister, for every complaint Cool Trick makes, I suggest you add one feature that'll annoy the living hell out of him. :)

:lol I'm just voicing my opinion. I don't twitch everytime I enter a M/C thread.

JavyOO7

I'm just stating the obvious but its too early to call a winner yet for Japan.

Besides that, what I really want to see is some 3rd party developers take advantages of the Wiimote in ways that Nintendo probably won't implement to their games yet.

If there's one 3rd party game that has been ROBBED of legitimately selling as many titles as they put out is Elebits. I have fallen in love with this title the moment I layed my eyes on it. The graphics are nice and clean, the level design is neat, and obviously, the game would'nt had been as fun on a control pad as it is on the Wiimote. This game honestly should be a top 3 seller in all regions (US/EUR/JPN). I hope Dewey's Adventure, another neat idea by Konami, comes out and gets decent sales (provided its a decent game, if it isn't, then **** that shit).

legend166 said:
After we've finished discussing the actual numbers, there isn't much else we can talk about. I mean, we all got banned for saying that FXIII would be going to the Wii, so I'm too scared to say anything else.
Jeez, people, no need to be scared of talking about things. Talking about FF XIII going to the Wii wasn't the problem, it was it becoming a major issue many weeks running without anything new to add to the situation except people playing with the concept of a train and making choo-choo noises.

Not that I think we have some imperative to come up with things to talk about in this partcular thread for a whole week if they're not apparent.

polluar

According to sinobi:

this week sales data:

FFXII RW : around 300 000
Panel de Pon: around 30 000
Phoenir wright 4: 40 000
Maro vs donkey kong 2: 30 000

DS lite exceeds 200 000

FFXII RW : around 300 000
Panel de Pon: around 30 000
Phoenir wright 4: 40 000
Maro vs donkey kong 2: 30 000

DS lite exceeds 200 000

FFXIIRW is decent.

Panel de Pon is... meh.

PW4 is... well, hanging on, but not much more.

MvDK2? I dunno what to expect from this game anyways.

Top Bottom