• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

castle007

Banned
neo2046 said:
Because no MC data yet
does anyone want some Dengeki TOP 50 numbers?
http://www.dengekionline.com/soft/ranking.html
Dengeki Sales numbers 4/23 - 4/29

01. NDS Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings [NEW]
02. NDS Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan [NEW]
03. Wii Super Paper Mario
04. Wii Wii Sports
05. Wii Wii Play
06. Wii Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree [NEW]
07. NDS Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
08. NDS Panel de Pon DS [NEW]
09. Wii One Piece Unlimited Adventure [NEW]
10. NDS Gyakuten Saiban 4

11. NDS Yoshi Island DS
12. NDS Whatever Pachiko game [NEW]
13. PSP Final Fantasy 1
14. NDS More English Training
15. NDS More Brain Training
16. NDS NEW SMB
17. PSP Monster Hunter P2
18. PS2 Fate/stay night [Realta Nua]
19. PS2 Negima [NEW]
20. NDS Mario Kart DS

21. NDS Layton
22. PS2 Persona 3 FES
23. NDS Brain Training
24. NDS Animal Crossing WW
25. PS2 Musou Orochi
26. 360 Rainbow Six Vegas [NEW]
27. PS2 whatever Baseball 4
28. NDS Odame
29. NDS Namco's word puzzle game
30. NDS Common Knowledge Taining

31. NDS English Training
32. NDS DQ Monster Joker
33. PSP Gundam SEED VS
34. NDS whatever word training
35. PSP Elvandia Story [NEW]
36. PSP Pawafuru Baseball Portable 2
37. 360 Test Drive Unlimited [NEW]
38. NDS Pokemon Diamond
39. PS2 Naruto
40. NDS whatever word training

41. PS2 Kingdom Hearts 2 FM+
42. PS2 神曲奏界ポリフォニカ [NEW]
43. NDS Pokemon Pearl
44. NDS Gyakuten Saiban 1 [BEST]
45. NDS Cryon Shin Chan DS
46. NDS Tamagotchi
47. Wii Made in Wario
48. NDS Simcity DS
49. NDS Majo Love and Berry
50. NDS Tetris DS

HOLY SHIT :O

Rock_Man

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Looks like ioi finally got rid of 250 multipliers.

I remember him saying it was no point in publishing numbers more accurate than numbers rounded off to the nearest 250 since the numbers aren't exact anyway. I'm sure he did this change just to make it harder to see where the numbers come from.

apotema

Even famitsu didn't update their numbers.... just Dengeki and the false sources

This is even affecting GAF traffic

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
apotema said:
Even famitsu didn't update their numbers.... just Dengeki and the false sources

This is even affecting GAF traffic

So the earlier Famitsu top 10 list was wrong?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What is the "thread meta-chart" ?

it was posted earlier in this thread. and i'm not certain about the title, yet. it's basically a thread-tracking chart. shows how many posts each week of MC threads get, or how much interest there is.

nli10

PantherLotus said:
it was posted earlier in this thread. and i'm not certain about the title, yet. it's basically a thread-tracking chart. shows how many posts each week of MC threads get, or how much interest there is.

It looks odd as a line graph - it's not a continuous variable it's a series of discrete values. A histogram or bar chart would be better - especially the former as the block could then be twice as wide for threads like this that have to last two weeks.

On a side note I think the best charts should be linked to in the OP - save me trawling through 100s of 'Nice legs' and 'holy shit!!!' to find the PantherLotus goodness. :D

donny2112

justchris said:
A single entity cannot create a mythology on their own,

tolkien.jpg

*realizes that Dragona doesn't feel too highly about his particular mythos* ;)

the thoroughbred said:
Common knowledge training didn't hit the magic status the others did, did it?

It's at 1,338,663 by April 15th according to Famitsu.

Krowley said:
I think the training games are a fad and i think it's just about to die. ... Something like that just has limited appeal and you can only milk it for a while before it's time to retire.

:lol

You don't really believe that, do you? Hardcore gamers may get tired of them, though I just want more. The casual (i.e. rest of world) loves them. When has the world ever gotten tired of improving (or at least thinking they're improving) themselves mentally?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Looks like ioi finally got rid of 250 multipliers.

Aw, man! That's going to make it harder to spot them in the wild. :(

arooz said:
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Fredescu said:
ioi works for Famitsu now?
Nope, he just takes their top10, sinobi numbers and pulls whats left from his ass.
my smart ass...

arooz = ioi ?

Clever Pun said:
awesome, I didn't know we were allowed to totally make up numbers and just say "it's okay, they're unofficial!"

:lol

Only if your username is AniHawk.

D.Lo said:
If these guesses are anywhere near true, doesn't that mean the Wii may surpass the 360 as early as July?

June or July. As someone else pointed out, the Wii may actually be the first system to 10 million sales this generation. Maybe Microsoft was right with the "first to 10 million wins" rhetoric. :lol

PantherLotus said:
Wait until you see the thread meta-chart. This week is already close to the top for the entire year.

I don't think it's worth updating every week. From an historic perspective, it does show the drastic rise in replies from 2004 to now, though.

nli10 said:
It looks odd as a line graph - it's not a continuous variable it's a series of discrete values.

One week does have impact on the next as those who are interested in the first week usually turn out the second week to see how things changed. It's not a nice polynomial function, but a running average trend line might look better.

nli10 said:
A histogram or bar chart would be better

A bar chart would look like the line graph except filled in. i.e. useless change.

nli10 said:
On a side note I think the best charts should be linked to in the OP - save me trawling through 100s of 'Nice legs' and 'holy shit!!!' to find the PantherLotus goodness. :D

Is it PantherLotus's charts that you really find to be that great or the combination of his charts and analysis?

As far as just charts go, I find JoshuaJSlone's and the weekly software marketshare charts to be more telling.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I agree with you donny, jj's charts can be a lot more useful was it can give us a perspective of where we've been. My charts are really just a pretty way of looking at where we're at. If we combine forces perhaps we can figure out where we're going?

Parl

grandjedi6 said:
It bogles the mind how you only have 8 posts and they are almost all Sales-Age related yet you've been a member since September

Aye, oh aye, that is strange. Maybe he's been a member for longer than that, just not under that name. *goes to That Chartz Site*

Thraktor

Do an advance search, "Media Create", search thread titles only, all forums. It'll show you everything you need.

Edit: Alternatively, you could change your user settings so that older threads still appear in forum listings, but that'll affect Gaming and OT forums too.

PantherLotus said:
My charts are really just a pretty way of looking at where we're at. If we combine forces perhaps we can figure out where we're going?

That's just too dangerous. Better that you devote yourself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women.

Thraktor said:
Do an advance search, "Media Create", search thread titles only, all forums. It'll show you everything you need.

Edit: Alternatively, you could change your user settings so that older threads still appear in forum listings, but that'll affect Gaming and OT forums too.

Oh, ok thanks. Didn't know you could do that.

Seems like were getting both SW and HW on Tuesday then back on schedule with SW on Wednesday and HW on Thursday.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112920&highlight=media+create

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99773&highlight=media+create

I must say, I sure am glad that Cheesy is doing the MC threads now.

nli10

PantherLotus said:
I agree with you donny, jj's charts can be a lot more useful was it can give us a perspective of where we've been. My charts are really just a pretty way of looking at where we're at. If we combine forces perhaps we can figure out where we're going?

Oh I meant all the charts in general - I just struggle to remember people's usernames! :lol

I work in predictive analytics (not for games I hasten to add) so just seeing all the numbers and charts gives me enough of an idea of whats going on.

IMO PS3s base value is 11k from BluRay & residual sales.
Wii software and hardware follow erratic patterns likely due to supply constraints but Nintendo have a habit of releasing the larger hardware batches alongside their marquee titles so it can be very misleading. I think Nintendo know that upping manafacturing capacity before they have the next wave of games would be a mistake from a business point of view.
DS is selling out but is almost at sales saturation so supply isn't really an issue - I don't think that if they sent out an extra 30k units on an average week that they'd automatically sell them.

I do agree that a pool of the reliable data would be incredibly useful, and would produce even more powerful charts, but I try to just keep an eye on the sales etc. and not get too involved. There are far too many variables which we just don't have (marketing spend for example) to accurately model a 6 format chart race from a country I don't reside in. :)

One thing that is easily proven with what we have so far is that the PS3 with no games sells more than the X360 with no games in Japan at the moment. Sure we expected more, but I still say the second major sales point after launch for the PS3 is the holiday season - Sony are practically hibernating it for the summer & letting the PS2 take over.

nli10

junkwaffle said:
A most holy of turds

'Nice legs' is the other phrase from these threads - I'm torn between a solo 'nice legs' picture or a combined 'Holy Shit with nice legs'... :lol

(nice legs layton still gives GAF as the number one hit on google...)

donny2112 said:
tolkien.jpg

*realizes that Dragona doesn't feel too highly about his particular mythos* ;)

Har.

My biggest problem with Tolkien is that he pretty much rips off Norse and Teutonic mythology point for point... though at least he admitted it (it's the fans that irritate me more). Especially since those tales are ones I've held close to my heart for many years...

Seriously tho, Zelda as a mythology doesn't work because it doesn't alter or shape society -- neither the "real world" nor in the Zelda world. Grandia, on the other hand is so deeply intertwined with its mythology it acts like a real society -- and that's something special.

Not that I want to keep this argument going!

junkwaffle said:

It's a poo slime! It must be a precursor to Dragon Quest Swords on Wii! WII RISES TO SHIT-HEAVEN CONFIRMED!

creamsugar

Famitsu 3/26 ~ 4/29

1. Gyakuten Saiban 4 (DS) - 338,060
2. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS) - 289,325
3. Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + (PS2) - 260,383

Mar

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 3/26 ~ 4/29

1. Gyakuten Saiban 4 (DS) - 338,060
2. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS) - 289,325
3. Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + (PS2) - 260,383

holyshit.jpg

I seriously went to post a reply with "Holy shit". Then realised I could just use that picture posted earlier.

Wait, isn't that an amazing incline of Gyakuten Saiban sales? Another shipment? And why is this series suddenly on fire? Impressive any way you look at it.

Eteric Rice

Souldriver said:
Wait, isn't that an amazing incline of Gyakuten Saiban sales? Another shipment? And why is this series suddenly on fire? Impressive any way you look at it.

I don't know why, either. But I bet Capcom is doing the happy dance.

Give us moar, Capcom.

test_account

XP-39C²
Tf53 said:
Just to make sure, that is a week's sales, isn't it? Not, like, LTD? Amazing. Incredible. Wunderbar! :)

Yep, first week sale ;) I'm looking forward to the next Media Create chart :)

EDIT: Or on further research, this is the 2nd week sales, no? It was in the previous Media Create stats also, but dunno how long it had been out then.

Souldriver said:
That's not a week, but from 3/26 - 4/29. Mixing that Famitsu total with the MC total from the week prior at the beginning of this thread, that would mean the week of 4/23 - 4/29 was ~40K.

Top Bottom