• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

Wiitard

Banned
davepoobond said:
that's what i think. ps3 pretty much cut ps2's week by week in half, so i'd bet they're using the BC until something else comes out.

or even folding@home. there's lots of yellow dots in japan :p

That's an interesting piece of info. Would you say the participation rate is higher in Japan? Is there a way to see it not having a PS3?

cvxfreak

Mirimar said:
Why would anyone think Madden would sell well in Japan? They're obsessed with football and baseball. Of course it makes sense in the states, but in other countries..why? They could care less.

There's your answer.

:p

Evlar

Banned
Mirimar said:
Why would anyone think Madden would sell well in Japan? They're obsessed with football and baseball. Of course it makes sense in the states, but in other countries..why? They could care less.
I expected exactly what happened. Yet the fact remains: That was their headliner release for Golden Week. Why on earth? I couldn't say.

KINGMOKU

schuelma said:
Pistons fan? Good man..

You a Detroit fan in general or just the Stones?
I am a basketball elitest. I only watch one sport, NBA basketball. Not college.

Other sports sicken me.

:D Pistons rollin' man. They havnt looked this focused since the title year.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wiitard said:
That's an interesting piece of info. Would you say the participation rate is higher in Japan? Is there a way to see it not having a PS3?

i have noooo idea. perhaps there's a way to see it through the stats at Folding@home?

and i dont know anything about it, just speculating

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
moku said:
I am a basketball elitest. I only watch one sport, NBA basketball. Not college.

Other sports sicken me.

:D Pistons rollin' man. They havnt looked this focused since the title year.

I'm from Michigan, went to undergrad at UM, so I've followed the Pistons close for years. Who would have thunk Webber would make this kind of impact?

davepoobond said:
the ps3's userbase (in japan) is sure to be one that would buy Madden 07 in droves, i assume?

No, but they should at least keep Gundam Musou afloat. The PS3 attach rate is horrible in Japan, about half that of the Wii's(2 vs 1).

Mirimar

Kobun Heat said:
I'm gonna go with "because it was the only game they had."

(Boku no Natsu Yasumi 3) My Summer Holiday 3 is coming out when again? Would've been nice to have had that out.

Ahh June release...stupid question lol

davepoobond

chibcicylist said:
No, but they should at least keep Gundam Musou afloat. The PS3 attach rate is horrible in Japan, about half that of the Wii's(2 vs 1).

gundam musou just reached a quater million sales. i'd say a 1:3 attach rate is pretty good for it, wouldn't you think?

Evlar

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
I'm gonna go with "because it was the only game they had."
I still don't get it. We keep getting told Sony has all these great first party development resources (and I'm not denying it). You'd think they would make it a priority to have something up.

schuelma

PantherLotus said:
Time to figure out who to blame. One of the things we're actually good at.

I think the question is- was it arrogance? did they really expect to skate through 07 with no games? Or did something along the line get screwed up, i.e general incompetence.

KINGMOKU

schuelma said:
I'm from Michigan, went to undergrad at UM, so I've followed the Pistons close for years. Who would have thunk Webber would make this kind of impact?
:lol It's great watching Webber out there. He moves in slow-motion, so its confusing as hell when he manages to get into the lane. It's like a change-up in baseball I swear. He just saunters into the lane while the gaurding player is moving at light speed.

I cant believe it, but with Webber, the Pistons are just deadly. If they win it all this year, they will be a better team doing without Ben Wallace.

How its changed man. Nazr was out starting C. PUKE MY DAMN GUTS OUT.

schuelma

davepoobond said:
gundam musou just reached a quater million sales. i'd say a 1:3 attach rate is pretty good for it, wouldn't you think?

I could be wrong, but I think it was expected to sell more than that.

davepoobond

schuelma said:
I could be wrong, but I think it was expected to sell more than that.

i thinnkkkkk we can pretty much just bring up the fact that namco has stupid expectations for games. remember the Ridge Racer 6 thing?

i don't buy the "musou games have half a million fans" and "gundam fans have half a million fans" so that means "a million copies should be sold"

its kinnnddaaa bs to me. Also, it hasn't even been released overseas yet. I think they were saying that for a worldwide count by the end of its life. its not even a budget release yet, is it?

Oh snap, top 16 to nintendo..
Sony is MIA from that list...
Even Microsoft made a guest apperance.

Hardware is going to be interesting.

Evlar

Banned
Wyndstryker said:

I think PS3 will keep its head above the 10k mark for at least one more week, it IS a holiday after all. Somebody must have some extra cash to burn. Sometime before the end of May, though...

Mirimar

Wyndstryker said:

The hardware is never interesting. It hasn't been for months, what's going to change now?

davepoobond said:
i thinnkkkkk we can pretty much just bring up the fact that namco has stupid expectations for games. remember the Ridge Racer 6 thing?

i don't buy the "musou games have half a million fans" and "gundam fans have half a million fans" so that means "a million copies should be sold"

its kinnnddaaa bs to me. Also, it hasn't even been released overseas yet. I think they were saying that for a worldwide count by the end of its life. its not even a budget release yet, is it?

It was also expected to move substantial amount of systems beyond one week.

schuelma

So we have THREE MORE DAYS OF MEDIA CREATE STUFF?!?

OMG best week EVAH :lol :lol

.dmc

Banned
Why are there no PS3 games being released? Did they expect Ridge/Gundam to carry the console the way that Wii Sports/Play has carried Wii? Nintendomination of the console-sphere has only become clear in the last few months, shouldn't there have been more games in development from back when the PS3 was an assumed certainty?

Wyndstryker said:
The numbers themselves aren't interesting. It's the reactions lol.

But the reactions are getting smaller each time. Kind of like when a battered spouse accepts their fate. It just isn't fun beating someone who doesn't fight back or even just cry. The silence makes you feel creepy.

Grecco

ethelred said:
More than on the Wii, anyway.

Take out Gundam Musuo. Make it fair.

And Call me back when something relatively major like NiGHTS RE UC or DQ Swords..

Until then i think its laughable to say its gonna get Gamecubed, and third parties are gonna jump ship to the PS3 of all places.

mj1108

.dmc said:
Why are there no PS3 games being released? Did they expect Ridge/Gundam to carry the console the way that Wii Sports/Play has carried Wii? Nintendomination of the console-sphere has only become clear in the last few months, shouldn't there have been more games in development from back when the PS3 was an assumed certainty?

They released Madden 07 this week and that was it. You'd think they're not even trying anymore.

Jonnyram

According to Sinobi last week, DS sold about 200k, Wii 75k and PS2/PS3 both stuck around 10k again. No idea about PSP/360.

schuelma

felipeko said:
And to finish it we have that Square-Enix party...

Plus Sega news tomorrow, THEN April NPD next Thursday. Ahh this is heaven :lol :lol :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
There's also the little detail of PS3 games costing several times more than Wii games to develop.

Posting for the Kiwis.

tui_ad.jpg

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
According to Sinobi last week, DS sold about 200k, Wii 75k and PS2/PS3 both stuck around 10k again. No idea about PSP/360.

So Wii just sold the same as normal? No bump for Golden Week at all? Hmmm. Not a good sign, honestly.

Top Bottom