• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/10-9/16 2007

AniHawk

So, the latest reservation numbers from The Store, Special Halo 3 OMG Edition:

The top 5 In terms of GIFs:

Halo 3:
66y7mhd.gif

Guitar Hero III:
6fslqp4.gif

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
6exg1om.gif

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass:
673t9qc.gif

Grand Theft Auto IV:
4kaxyyb.gif

But now for something completely expected:

DS:
The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass: 94
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings: 7
Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations: 5
Mega Man ZX Advent: 4
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword: 2
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker: 1

PSP:
God of War Chains of Olympus: 17
Spider-Man 3: 10
Gran Turismo: 9
Silent Hill Origins: 4
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions: 4
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness: 3

Wii:
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 96
Super Mario Galaxy: 46
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles: 17
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: 8
NiGHTS: 5
Trauma Center New Blood: 2
Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbados Treasure: 2

360:
Halo 3: 508 (289 Reg, 60 scratched disc version, 159 Leg)
Mass Effect: 29
Halo Wars: 5
Lost Odyssey: 4
Too Human: 4
Beautiful Katamari: 3

PS3:
Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction: 6
Killzone 2: 4
Uncharted Drake's Fortune: 3
Little Big Planet: 1

Multiplatform:
Guitar Hero III: 217 (71 360, 66 PS2, 56 Wii, 24 PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV: 77 (51 360, 26 PS3)
Assassin's Creed: 52 (38 360, 14 PS3)
Rock Band: 9 (8 360, 1 PS3)
Devil May Cry 4: 8 (4 PS3, 3 360, 1 PC)

Over 500 for Halo is the most we've ever had for any game, beating Halo 2's 400.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think RE:UC is going to be a pretty good seller.

Yay for the 2 Zack and Wiki pre-orders

noonche

Anihawk, how are the Wii shipment levels of late? Have increased 360 and PS3 sales from the price drops receded or stuck?

AniHawk

alske said:
Anihawk, how are the Wii shipment levels of late? Have increased 360 and PS3 sales from the price drops receded or stuck?

360 sales are way up due to Halo 3. Sold 7 out of 8 Halo 3 editions in a week plus three Pro Falcons and an Elite. We seem to always have a constant stock of 7 PS3s. I don't know if we sell two and get two more in, but it's pretty much back to the levels before they started the clearance sale. We get Wiis every week, but it varies whether we get 3 or 6 in a shipment. They're always sold out by Saturday.

mabuza said:
btw what the hell is that psp game at number 1 on amazon japan charts. its been there for quite a while now.

It's a game from the recently popular Anime series, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Similar thing happened when the PS2 version was available for preorder some weeks ago, and it's still hanging around the top 10 now.

If you want to see anything meaningful about the Japanese game market on Amazon Japan chart, IGNORE those deluxe bundle stuff, especially those about Anime. They can even beat titles as big as FF and DQ hands down :lol

Izzy

Banned
I just heard there'll be no new PSP hw shipments in Japan until...next month. :lol SCEI is so incompetent.

donny2112

Today is a holiday for the celebration of the Autumnal Equinox in Japan. Does that mean no numbers or a delay in numbers this week?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
They shipped more of the CCFF7 bundle or is that LTD as well? CCFF7 is probably #1 again this week on Media Create, Famitsu will likely have Pokemon as #1.

sphinx

the piano man
creamsugar said:
Famitsu

PSP 2000 - 250,702
(CCFF7 bundle - 75,943)

PSP Total - 6,217,664

woah, strange things are happening in Japan. I never thought I'd see the PSP pull those sales figures again.

sphinx said:
woah, strange things are happening in Japan. I never thought I'd see the PSP pull those sales figures again.
As the guy above said. Just the launch of PSPlite.
Don't worry though DS would hit those numbers 3 fold in a week in a couple of months!

sphinx

the piano man
you guys should give the PSP proper credit.

Wii, PS3 and 360 can only dream of reaching those hardware sales, redesign or not.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
sphinx said:

Wii, PS3 and 360 can only dream of reaching those hardware sales, redesign or not.

PSP and DS are cheaper then a Wii, PS3 and 360 and are owned by individuals. Most consoles get bought for a home so thus there is less of them.

sphinx said:

I'm not downplaying the PSP's great sales, but I'm pretty sure if you had a Final Fantasy VII game released concurrently with a Wii-with-a-new-hat it would put up similar numbers. Hell, I think PS3 may very well have similar numbers when FF13 comes out.

sphinx said:

Wii would hit them sales NO problems whatsoever for a new colour or a re-design, and quite possibly with Mario Galaxy or Smash Bros Brawl release

sphinx

the piano man
VOOK said:
PSP and DS are cheaper then a Wii, PS3 and 360 and are owned by individuals. Most consoles get bought for a home so thus there is less of them.

I was well aware of that when I wrote what I wrote.

still, 250k is great.

o.k, perhaps a Wii redesign could get those sales or even more but not the PS3 or the 360.

PSP is the only Non-nintendo system Japan cares about, FWIW.

People should not downplay that.

spwolf

so 250,000 new PSP's in 3 days? 30% of first day 130,000 had TV addon? Thats pretty big attach rate. Take a hint Sony, we want it in europe too!

sphinx said:
I was well aware of that when I wrote what I wrote.

still, 250k is great.

o.k, perhaps a Wii redesign could get those sales or even more but not the PS3 or the 360.

PSP is the only Non-nintendo system Japan cares about, FWIW.

People should not downplay that.

Noone is downplading anything, PSP hardware sales have always been great, it's the software sales that's lackluster.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Impressive.

Will it translate into software sales?

Hint: No.

You'll more likely see a Japanese playing music on their PSP then a game.

BishopLamont said:
Noone is downplading anything, PSP hardware sales have always been great, it's the software sales that's lackluster.

Hint: No.

You'll more likely see a Japanese playing music on their PSP then a game.
It might be a wrong impression, but I already seem to see change in software support for the PSP. S-E has announced quite a few games for the PSP, and Capcom keeps delivering games too (latest one: Resident Evil maybe coming). I think 2008 will be a better year for the PSP than 2007.

ziran

Very impressive PSP Slim debut! 250K for the week is excellent.

BishopLamont said:
Yeah, I agree.

justjohn said:
software sales has been improving in japan, but i think its the west where its terrible.
Yeah.

I hope the sales of Crisis Core spurs developers into making more original content for the PSP. These hardware sales are incredible.

Souldriver said:
It might be a wrong impression, but I already seem to see change in software support for the PSP. S-E has announced quite a few games for the PSP, and Capcom keeps delivering games too (latest one: Resident Evil maybe coming). I think 2008 will be a better year for the PSP than 2007.

I'm not talking about software support for the PSP in the future, I'm talking about the software sales for the PSP right now. Besides Capcom and SE, nothing else sells. What happens in the future is anyones guess but I don't see the situation for the B-grade developers supporting the PSP much more then they are right now.

Top Bottom