• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Dec 6-13, 2009

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
On another note, if NSMB Wii maintains its sales for the next 3 weeks as I think many of us are expecting, 4 million seems to be a stone cold lock.

After 5 weeks NSMB DS was at about 1.8M. Mario Kart Wii was at 1.25M after a similar point.

I could see NSMB Wii getting to 2.4-2.5M by the 1st week of January sales (5 weeks).

At that point even if it just shows similar legs to MK Wii it would hit 4.5M.

Culex

Banned
schuelma said:
On another note, if NSMB Wii maintains its sales for the next 3 weeks as I think many of us are expecting, 4 million seems to be a stone cold lock.

After 5 weeks NSMB DS was at about 1.8M. Mario Kart Wii was at 1.25M after a similar point.

I could see NSMB Wii getting to 2.4-2.5M by the 1st week of January sales (5 weeks).

At that point even if it just shows similar legs to MK Wii it would hit 4.5M.

I think that if it sells a minimum of 200k for the third week, it's a lock.

schuelma

Culex said:
I think that if it sells a minimum of 200k for the third week, it's a lock.

I think its going to do a lot more than 200K- I think 350K or higher. I think this week and next are the biggest weeks of the year so the drop off which would probably be small to begin with should be even smaller.

Culex

Banned
schuelma said:
I think its going to do a lot more than 200K- I think 350K or higher. I think this week and next are the biggest weeks of the year so the drop off which would probably be small to begin with should be even smaller.

I was under the impression that the week following Christmas was the biggest week for sales in Japan, as new year's gifting is the major drive.

schuelma

Culex said:
I was under the impression that the week following Christmas was the biggest week for sales in Japan, as new year's gifting is the major drive.

Yeah which would be next week I think. But I think this week (the FF13 week, NSMB Wii's 3rd week), comes close.

gerg

Culex said:

My Japanese friend has said something similar. Although I thought that this past week's sales were the highest of the year, and so I'm not sure how the two factors would relate.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
cvxfreak said:

TTP said:
with shutter sound effect turned off I guess :p

cvxfreak
Upskirt Hunter in Training
(Today, 05:24 PM)

2ef0so9.pn

gerg said:
I thought it was highlighted, earlier in this thread in fact, how much the two series have divulged.
Kinda, but not exactly. Mostly thinking about the rabidity of the fanbase - that there is a fairly large number of people who would buy a console just to play a numbered iteration.

gerg said:
Even if 200,000 bundled units of the game were sold, and even in FF XIII only sold 1.2 million units, over 80% of the people would not have bought a PS3 to play the game. I think that figure constitutes "most". It's simply a matter of how large "most" really is.
I could have phrased better. I should probably a bit more literal and exacting about my phrasing in these threads.

Presuming that the anecdotal information in this thread is accurate, I would have expected a much higher percentage of FFXIII buyers to have purchased their PS3s well ahead of the release.

zero_suit

nextgeneration said:
Anyone think NSMB wii can outsell Modern Warfare 2 (ps3 and 360 sku) worldwide? I think this is going to be interesting to watch...

Combined? Maybe, since MW2 is dropping fast.

sphinx

the piano man
nextgeneration said:
Anyone think NSMB wii can outsell Modern Warfare 2 (ps3 and 360 sku) worldwide? I think this is going to be interesting to watch...

Based on NSMB for DS and its long legs, I would have thought so but MW2 has proven to be a juggernaut in a class of its own.

Like some have said, it really is this generation's GTA: San Andreas, with massive appeal everywhere and as such, it is bound to have legs. If we add to the equation that MW2 is far and away more frontloaded than NSMBWii then maybe MW2 wins when all is said and done.

It will be interesting.

schuelma

nextgeneration said:

I think it could definitely happen. It will have a 4-5million head start from Japan alone.

zero_suit

sphinx said:
Based on NSMB for DS and its long legs, I would have thought so but MW2 has proven to be a juggernaut in a class of its own.

Like some have said, it really is this generation's GTA: San Andreas, with massive appeal everywhere and as such, it is bound to have legs. If we add to the equation that MW2 is far and away more frontloaded than NSMBWii then maybe MW2 wins when all is said and done.

It will be interesting.

NSMB DS is at ~20 million, which is more than MW2 will ever sell. Also, if NSMB Wii has similar legs, it will easily be the highest selling game this generation (not counting Wii Sports).

zero_suit said:
NSMB DS is at ~20 million, which is more than MW2 will ever sell. Also, if NSMB Wii has similar legs, it will easily be the highest selling game this generation (not counting Wii Sports).

the first MW sold 18 million copies.

zero_suit

Stumpokapow said:
What evidence do you have that suggests that MW2 is "dropping fast"?

Just basing it off its U.K. chart percentage drop after the first week. Regarding the U.S., the Dec. NPD most likely will confirm it.

donny2112

zero_suit said:
Regarding the U.S., the Dec. NPD most likely will confirm it.

I'm looking forward to it. Halo 3 (3 SKUs, just like MW2) sold 4.8m through its first December (4 months). 360 MW2 should pass that, but how much will it sell in December? Matching ~November like MW1 and WaW did should be out of the question (should be o_O), but how much will it do? It's had a ton of sales on it, but that could just be an indicator of stores using its popularity to draw in customers. There's still lots of stock in store shelves, when I go to the store, but that doesn't mean that it isn't still selling heavily.

Anyone know what the leaderboards are up to on 360 MW2, now, for worldwide?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I suspect MW2 will do around 1.5-2.25 million in the US in December, with around two thirds of that being on 360. I do not feel that would indicate a "radical drop" or suggest that sales aren't ongoing.

zero_suit said:
Just basing it off its U.K. chart percentage drop after the first week. Regarding the U.S., the Dec. NPD most likely will confirm it.

Really? The UK chart percentage drop after the first week?

sorry for disturbing, but nSMBW vs. MW2 worldwide should be off topic here....

The biggest weeks for sales in Japan (just to return in topic) should be 52, 01, 51 and probably 50

test_account

XP-39C²
toypop said:
Basically You can't rent games in Japan. (Koei once tried to build rental franchise and failed.)
Used business have been popular among small shops in town when it was NES and SNES era, at that time those big retailers didn't part since it was still considered as "gray market".
But when CESA and Industries sued those shops and completely lost in court in 2002. Used business was officially legitimated and big retailers joined in.
Their pricing is implemented systematically and applied countrywide in daily basis. So some people tend to rush to sell their brand new games right after finishing or finding its worthless before you guy's beloved "Price collapse" and get some money back to buy another game.

One of the reasons why "Club Nintendo" works well and PSP GO sales sucks so bad here.
Ah ok, i see. If there is a chance that they get less money for their games if they sell it later on, then i can see why someone decides to sell their game(s) back quickly. Thanks for the info! :)

gerg said:
Fair enough. But that doesn't mean laughing vindictively when people make mistakes that were reasonable to make.

Now, when someone says something completely outlandish? Then we laugh.
Is the phrase "eating crow" only used when people say "it wont happend" to something that is very likely to happend, and then the things happend like many people expected? Or can "eating crow" also be used when people say "it wont happend" to things that arent very likely to happend, but then the things happend anyway? I havnt thought about this before, so i just wanted to ask :) This isnt aimed at what Schuelma has said by the way, i am thinking about using the phrase "eating crow" in general.

donny2112

Moor-Angol said:
sorry for disturbing, but nSMBW vs. MW2 worldwide should be off topic here....

There's some leeway granted, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Remember when we had gotten to the point of graphing how many posts the weekly Media Create threads had year after year?

I should probably update that graph again sometime. :lol

test_account said:
Is the phrase "eating crow" only used when people say "it wont happend" to something that is very likely to happend, and then the things happend like many people expected? Or can "eating crow" also be used when people say "it wont happend" to things that arent very likely to happend, but then the things happend anyway? I havnt thought about this before, so i just wanted to ask :) This isnt aimed at what Schuelma has said by the way, i am thinking about using the phrase "eating crow" in general.
Both. It's appropriate for any occasion of wrongness.
Moor-Angol said:
The biggest weeks for sales in Japan (just to return in topic) should be 52, 01, 51 and probably 50
PROBLEM: 2009 has a week 53. :lol

gerg

test_account said:

I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think, in general, the phrase is used to refer to when you predict that something will happen ("Remote-shaped motion controller? lol Nintendo am dooo000OOOmed lol going third partyz!") only for that something not to occur. I don't think it really matters whether or not the thing that you predicted was likely to happen or not.

Btw, "happened" has an extra "e" between the "n" and the "d".

JoshuaJSlone said:
PROBLEM: 2009 has a week 53. :lol

yeahbuwa...

Is this just an idiosyncrasy of the charting?

noobie

Banned
Final Fantasy XII released exclusively on the PlayStation 2 with an install base of approximately 20 million PS2 owners in Japan. The game sold approximately 2.4 million in Japan to date.

Analyst Yusuke Tsunoda, of Tokai Tokyo Securities Co, expects Final Fantasy XIII to outsell Final Fantasy XII, despite the PS3 only having an install base of approximately 4 million units.

The 13th iteration “is a really strong title and sales look a lot better than we expected,” said Tsunoda. "Domestic sales may exceed the results of the previous Final Fantasy title and help bolster demand for the PS3," said Tsunoda.

In September Enterbrain President, Hirokazu Hamamura, expected PS3 demand to rise by 500,000 units. We will however have to wait and see how much of an effect Final Fantasy XIII has on PS3 sales until later this week when official Media Create sales are released.

http://www.ps3center.net//news/4199/analyst-ff13-japan-sales-may-exceed-ff12/

So can we see first week of 1.6m n then with the help of holiday period, a lesser drop will be seen like next week it may hit 350k n then 200k n then creep to 2.5m in Japan..?

schuelma

Meier said:
That was the expected number for MW2.

If MW2 "only" does 18 million, I think NSMB Wii will beat that out with some ease.

In the future won't something like 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 new PS3 owners in Japan pick up a copy of the game? (Final Fantasy XIII)
It's gonna be the 'must have' PS3 game for a long time - even with used copies sitting on the shelves

Comgnet´s sales data

New software sales rankings

December 14, 2009 ~ December 20, 2009

1. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII - 2782Pt
2. [Wii] Wii NEW Super Mario Bros. - 939Pt
3. [NDS] Tomodachikorekushon - 214pt
4. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 - 161Pt
5. [PSP] Pack Gekitou Spiral Chaos Queen's Blade - 118pt
6. [NDS] Stitch! DS rhythm and Ohana Adventure - 109pt
7. [NDS] Special issue of the penguin pen 1 Grand Prix - 97pt
8. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam Gundam VS. PLUS Gundam NEXT - 89Pt
9. [NDS] Flute Professor Layton and the Devil - 82pt
10. [Wii] Wii Fit Plus (separately) - 77Pt
11. [Wii] Wii Pokepaku Pikachu Adventure - 74pt
12. [NDS] Busters Monster - 65pt
13. [PSP] Naruto Shippuden Narutimate 3 - 65Pt
14. [Wii] Tales of Gureisesu - 61pt
15. [NDS] Pokemon Silver Seoul - 58pt
16. [NDS] Pokemon Gold Heart - 55pt
17. [Wii] Wii Sports Resort - 53Pt
18. [Wii] Wii Taiko no ka-boom and the second generation! (W) - 52Pt
19. [NDS] Mario & Sonic Olympic Winter Games AT - 52pt
20. [PSP] Spiral Chaos Queen's Blade (Special Edition) - 49Pt

PS3 2782 Pt (53.0%)
WII 1256 Pt (23.9%)
NDS 732 Pt (13.9%)
PSP 482 Pt (9.1%)

TOT 5252 Pt (100%)

Pre-owned software sales rankings

December 14, 2009 ~ December 20, 2009

1. [NDS] Dragon Quest Defense of nine stars - 125pt
2. [NDS] Hoshi no Kirby - 31pt
3. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG - 22pt
4. [Wii] Monster Hunter 3 - 22pt
5. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG3!!! - 21pt
6. [NDS] Mario Party DS - 20pt
7. [NDS] Pokemon Silver Seoul - 19pt
8. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World - 19pt
9. [PSP] Final Fantasy - 18pt
10. [PS3] Beyonetta - 18pt
11. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days - 18pt
12. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - 17pt
13. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 (PS3) - 17pt
14. [PSP] Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 - 16pt
15. [NDS] Pokemon Gold Heart - 16pt
16. [NDS] Tomodachikorekushon - 16pt
17. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 16pt
18. [PSP] Gran Turismo - 15pt
19. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG (Bargain Edition) - 15pt
20. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 - 15pt

NDS 302 Pt (63.4%)
PSP 102 Pt (21.4%)
PS3 50 Pt (10.5%)
WII 22 Pt (4.6%)

TOT 476 (100%)

Book ranking

Update: December 21, 2009 (Mon) 07:00

1. [PSP] Kingdom Hearts Basubaisuripu - 625pt
2. [NDS] Dragon Quest 6 Realms of Reverie - 369pt
3. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda whistle of the earth - 172pt
4. [PS2] Little Busters! Converted Edition - 96pt
5. [PS3] End of Eternity - 79pt
6. [PS3] Ar Tonelico 3引鉄the end of the poem the girl playing the world - 74pt
7. [PSP] Goddoita - 73pt
8. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 70pt
9. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 - 57Pt
10. [PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE BATTLE OF ACES-lyrical BOX - 55pt
11. [PSP] Lucky ☆ Star DX Pack Meister Net idol - 43pt
12. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2 Royal Academy Gaul - 41pt
13. [PS3] Ryu ga Gotoku 4 - 33Pt
14. [PSP] Fate / EXTRA Moon Box Type - 32pt
15. [NDS] Endless Frontier EXCEED Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Limited Edition - 24pt
16. [PS3] Star Ocean: THE LAST HOPE-4-INTERNATIONAL - 23Pt
17. [NDS] ties to no Naku Koro ni 4 (limit - 19pt
18. [PSP]. Hack / / LINK (Edition) - 17pt
19. [PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Battle OF THE PORTABLE-Aces-- 15pt
20. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid Lai - 15pt

PSP 901Pt (46.6%)
NDS 584 Pt (30.2%)
PS3 351 Pt (18.2%)
PS2 96 Pt (5.0%)

TOT 1932 Pt (100%)

http://www.comgnet.com/ranking/

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.comgnet.com/ranking

Elios83

Second said:
So they expect Ps3 sales of 500k for this week?
That's a bit too high. Or am I not getting it...

He probably means that the overall hardware sales boost FFXIII will give to PS3 amounts to 500k units. I don't think the comment is related to first week sales.

schuelma said:
Not that I have a contrasting forecast, but that would be pretty huge. In the decade since Dragon Quest VII, we've only seen a handful of games (DQ VIII, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit) crawl over 3.5 million. EDIT: On home consoles, that is.
gerg said:
yeahbuwa...

Is this just an idiosyncrasy of the charting?
Normal 52-week year accounts for 364 days, so not a perfect match for a 365/366-day reality. This means sometimes a 53rd week must sometimes slip in, though my method of assigning weeks to a year (whichever year a week has at least 4 days in) isn't the only one.
BlazingDarkness said:
In the future won't something like 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 new PS3 owners in Japan pick up a copy of the game? (Final Fantasy XIII)
It's gonna be the 'must have' PS3 game for a long time - even with used copies sitting on the shelves
Only a few games ever continue to attach to new owners that strongly for long, and they tend to be the Wii Fits and Brain Ages of the world more than Final Fantasy.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Only a few games ever continue to attach to new owners that strongly for long, and they tend to be the Wii Fits and Brain Ages of the world more than Final Fantasy.

Yeah, those Nintendo titles came to mind when i was typing what i put there
But there's nothing else as big as Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 and there likely won't be 'til Versus XIII - so it makes me think 'what else will people buy?' I know there's plenty of other games but FFXIII is surely on the 'to buy' list of many potential owners, right?

BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah, those Nintendo titles came to mind when i was typing what i put there
But there's nothing else as big as Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 and there likely won't be 'til Versus XIII - so it makes me think 'what else will people buy?' I know there's plenty of other games but FFXIII is surely on the 'to buy' list of many potential owners, right?
I'm thinking, though, if there are people who are going to buy Final Fantasy XIII as their first PS3 game, aren't they probably doing that now?

But I've got black friends! statement: While my Nintendo fandom often reflexively puts me on the side against PS3 in these discussions, let it be known that I own 30-something physical games with "Final Fantasy" in the title, too. :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
JoshuaJSlone said:
Both. It's appropriate for any occasion of wrongness.
gerg said:
I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think, in general, the phrase is used to refer to when you predict that something will happen ("Remote-shaped motion controller? lol Nintendo am dooo000OOOmed lol going third partyz!") only for that something not to occur. I don't think it really matters whether or not the thing that you predicted was likely to happen or not.
Ok, thanks for the answer to both of you, JoshuaJSlone and gerg! :) Ye, maybe the phrase "eating crow" is in genereal more used for one type of wrongness, but now i know that "eating crow" can be used for both type of wrongness :)

gerg said:
Btw, "happened" has an extra "e" between the "n" and the "d".
Ah ok. English inst my first language, so i might have some typos now and then. But i will try to remember that it is written "happened" instead of "happend" like i first wrote. Thanks for the tip! :)

Dalthien

Road said:
Thanks for making clear to me why we should focus on the PSP decline.

Who knew it was so easy? Let's discuss how the PSP is having a 40% decline in its 5th year and is still outperforming everyone but the DS.
I can see that we are looking at it from different angles. If you want to put qualifiers on the terms, then of course, feel free to use whichever qualifiers work best for you. I'm trying to look at it in the simple terms of the overall Japanese video game market.

Let's just look at the systems currently being tracked by the sales trackers. We won't even bother going back to the GBA, PS1, GB/GBC, SNES, NES, etc. Which combined had a whole slew of years better than the PSP and Wii had in 2009. And I'll ignore launch years since those are usually only one or two months of sales anyway, except for the PS2 which launched in March.

- The DS outsold this year's PSP 5 out of 5 years. (Same for this year's Wii.)
- The PSP outsold this year's PSP 2 out of 4 years. (4 out of 5 years for this year's Wii) (I'm assuming that the PSP will sell at least 150k and the Wii at least 295k over the last two weeks of the year for this calculation. If either fails to happen, then add one to the appropriate number)
- The PS3 outsold this year's PSP 0 out of 3 years. (Same for this year's Wii.) (I'm assuming the Wii will hold on YTD, but if cvxfreak's 400k estimate pans out, then it will be 1 out of 3 years vs, this year's Wii)
- The 360 outsold this year's PSP 0 out of 4 years. (Same for this year's Wii)
- The PS2 outsold this year's PSP 6 out of 10 years. (Same for this year's Wii)
- The Wii outsold this year's PSP 2 out of 3 years. (2 out of 2 for this year's Wii)

So adding up the numbers, we get:

15 out of 29 systems outsold this year's PSP.
17 out of 29 systems outsold this year's Wii.

Depending on how sales pan out over the final two weeks this year, those numbers may fluctuate +/- 1. But you get the picture.

Ranking the systems currently on the market year by year, this year's Wii and PSP are both firmly in the middle of the pack.

Looking at it from a macro level, neither system did particularly good or particularly bad this year in historical terms for the Japanese market. They were both rather pedestrian, or average, or middling. Personally, I've always tried to use the term mediocre when describing the Wii and PSP this year. There's not a lot of difference between them. They have very similar sales this year, one ahead a bit in hardware, the other ahead in software. Both experienced similar steep drops from the previous year. Both still sold to pretty much the same types of gamers that they sold to the previous year. I fail to see how one system could be considered to have had a good year, while the other had a bad year.

Unless of course, someone wants to start applying qualifiers to the discussion. The PSP had a good year considering it has been on the market five years and had no new million sellers this year. The Wii had a good year considering how awful 3rd-party support has been for the system. The PS2 had a good year considering it was released a decade ago. The 360 had a good year considering it performed better than all other XBox systems in Japan. Of course, from a purely market level perspective, the 360 and PS2 had horrible years. (But there's no shame in that for the PS2. Systems that have been on the market for 10 years are supposed to have bad years. It is mightily impressive that the PS2 is still on the market at all after all this time. But from a market perspective, it had a bad year, and performed well below several other systems.)

Anybody can find a qualifier to make anything look like it had a good or bad year based upon a particular qualifier. But when trying to look at the numbers this year in a neutral fashion in terms of the actual market performance, there isn't a whole lot to separate the year that the Wii and PSP had. And that comparison becomes even more similar when this year's performance is judged relative to last year's performance.

Anyway, I hope that helps clear up where I'm coming from.

charlequin said:
We actually had a conversation almost exactly like this around... two months ago maybe? where someone was like "hey, did you notice the PSP is sucking it up right now?" and a whole bunch of us were like "holy shit, you're right." :lol

I don't think it really went much farther than that because unlike with the Wii I don't think people really had much to disagree with about why the PSP was sucking it up now, but yeah, the PSP is definitely sucking it up.

(Personally, I harsh a lot on the Wii this year because I was such a huge advocate of it at launch and have spent so much time describing the strategies that I believed could have made it much more successful than it is -- plus I made all kinds of dire warnings years ago that I feel the need to establish I was correct about now. :lol With the PSP I really never expected it to be successful as anything other than "the Monhan box.")

Ha ha. Yeah, I remember that. I think it was either Schuelma or myself who initiated that prior conversation. But as you said that was maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I guess I was hoping that it could put an end to the conversation for a while, but then we spent the last 2 or 3 months once more going week after week with "Wii is fucked" and "Wii is doomed", etc. But again without any mention whatsoever of the PSP, which has had just as rough of a year as the Wii, and which has actually been performing quite a bit worse than the Wii YOY over the course of the last several months.

But you're right. It was discussed before, so I'm really just reiterating old stuff. So I'll just let it go.

I probably shouldn't be, but for some reason I am amazed at just how myopic this board can be sometimes. I'm not referring to anyone in particular, or any system in particular (it applies pretty much across the spectrum depending on the circumstances) but in general, this board can put on some awfully thick blinders when it comes to some sales topics. Which I guess keeps surprising me, because there are a good number of very intelligent and thoughtful people who post in these sales topics.

cvxfreak said:
There is absolutely zero comparison in terms of availability between the two. The availability of the Lightning PS3 vastly outnumbers the MH3 Wii pack.

Everyone here probably remembers that I was photographed by Famitsu during the MH3/Black Wii launch. But in actuality, I had initially gone into the store to get the bundle. There was a stack of them (maybe around 50 units), but they were all pre-ordered through. So, I settled for the standalone unit, and was photographed for it. Had I gotten the bundle, I probably would not have been photographed.

I keep hearing there were perhaps 20K MH3 Wii bundles. That makes sense, especially seeing Wii HW sales that week. Can the Lightning bundle be 10x that? It's possible. 100K is at least a given by now.

Speaking of bundles, I think SW3 is pretty much gone from stores, and the Graces bundle is dwindling.
Thanks for the comments, cvxfreak. That's exactly what I was looking for. :D

dolemite

noobie said:
So if i m reading this data correctly... than accoridng to them (if the sales have similar percentages in other Japanes stores also)
if Wii does 150k
than PS3 will do 400k

if Wii does 200k
than PS3 will do 470kl
that it is insane numbers
the numbers are for software, not hardware.

schuelma

noobie said:
So if i m reading this data correctly... than accoridng to them (if the sales have similar percentages in other Japanes stores also)
if Wii does 150k
than PS3 will do 400k

if Wii does 200k
than PS3 will do 470kl
that it is insane numbers

Nope. This is software stuff.

I think its a good general tool for software. As an example, NSMB Wii actually had more orders this week than last. We'll see if its somewhat similar when we get the real numbers.

schuelma

Dalthien said:
I probably shouldn't be, but for some reason I am amazed at just how myopic this board can be sometimes. I'm not referring to anyone in particular, or any system in particular (it applies pretty much across the spectrum depending on the circumstances) but in general, this board can put on some awfully thick blinders when it comes to some sales topics.

Honestly, if we bring the NPD discussion into this a bit, I think in general people don't care about the PSP as much as they care about the Wii, good or bad.

Top Bottom