• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2012 (Apr 09 - Apr 15)

Erethian

With Fire emblem and Code of princess' releases I was expecting 3DS to have a boost up to 120k and over, and it seems I was spot on.

On the other hand 30k FE hardware bundles were reportedly made available for sale exclusively through Nintendo's online store and so won't be represented in the Famitsu or Media Create sales numbers.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
On the other hand 30k FE hardware bundles were reportedly made available for sale exclusively through Nintendo's online store and so won't be represented in the Famitsu or Media Create sales numbers.

They could be. Media Create factored in Konami Style numbers for the LovePlus bundles.

Sadly, it's not doing that well.
Probably not bad, but don't think it's too good either.
Considering its a new ip and most peoples expectations were much lower its doing pretty well. It had a much larger opening than anyone expected and has started to show good legs.

E-phonk

Banned
Sadly, it's not doing that well.
Probably not bad, but don't think it's too good either.
220k in japan
140k in US for march
let's assume 140k in EU for march

That's not too bad. It might not reach 1 million, but I think 800.000 lifetime is within reach, and that's quite good for a "forgotten" franchise like KI.

220k in japan
140k in US for march

That's not too bad. It might not reach 1 million, but I think 800.000 lifetime is within reach, and that's quite good for a "forgotten" franchise like KI.

With the way nintendo games keep selling under the radar i'd say its got a million locked in, maybe million and a half in a few years

220k in japan
140k in US for march

It will reach the million mark.
Nintendo is promoting it and I see the willingness to continue.

That's definitely assuming way too much.
It didn't start particularly strongly on the charts in any country, and sales all around are really low.
I think the UK debut was less than 6.7k or something.

140k for march is probably pushing it alot though it should have done that much by now

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That's definitely assuming way too much.
It didn't start particularly strongly on the charts in any country, and sales all around are really low.
I think the UK debut was less than 6.7k or something.

It was in top 5 and 10 in every PAL chart were Nintendo titles usually performs (so, no Nordic charts).

I think that's a good title, sales-wise.

Bruno MB

Kid Icarus: Uprising being above Mario Kart 7 means that it must have sold another 15,000 units, so now we can say that it is having legs.

It being over 300,000 lifetime sales seems quite a lock and a nice achievement. Of course we could also argue that a figure around half a million units would be closer to the effort put into it by Nintendo to turn Kid Icarus into a big franchise for the company. Anyway, at least we can definitely say that it is an encouraging start for it and a step in the right direction.

P.S. I will be really pleased if Fire Emblem: Awakening has opened with 200,000 units sold.

Kid Icarus: Uprising being above Mario Kart 7 means that it must have sold another 15,000 units, so now we can say that it is having legs.

It being over 300,000 lifetime sales seems quite a lock and a nice achievement. Of course we could also argue that a figure around half a million units would be closer to the effort put into it by Nintendo to turn Kid Icarus into a big franchise for the company. Anyway, at least we can definitely say that it is an encouraging start for it and a step in the right direction.

P.S. I will be really pleased if Fire Emblem: Awakening has opened with 200,000 units sold.

500k lifetime for japan is still a good possibility

Retailers said it sold almost 200k during the first day so...

Top Bottom