• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2015 (Apr 13 - Apr 19)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
so new hardware is doing better than last year (except xb1) and old hardware is doing worse. vita probably gets another revision in japan to bolster sales another year and take the machine comfortably into the 4.5-5m spot when all is said and done. ps4 should hit a million this year, and once it becomes the go-to place for playstationy games, should start pulling numbers vita was doing in its prime with more regularity. it'll probably clear 5m, but won't cross the wii u until next year.

wii u looks like it will quit selling around 2.5-2.7m. won't quite reach the wonderswan/dreamcast. 3ds might make it to psp numbers, but should at least surpass the ps2. 3.5m from here seems like a stretch though, especially with nx launching next year.

You really think it won't sell another 400K in Japan in its entire lifetime? Sure if they never cut the price and just stop making them tomorrow. I'm personally thinking closer to 3M, which is pretty terrible as well though.

Edit: Ah, you're expecting Nx to release next year and replace Wii U/3DS... If so, then maybe, but 2.7M is still the low end imo considering barring having absolutely nothing for the holidays, I'm assuming the console can easily put up close to 100K that season.

3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen is collapsing hard, this is not unusual for these titles, but overall sales are (especially on Famitsu) way lower than the previous entry.

[PS3 - PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.04.10} (¥8.715) - 334.661
[PS3 - PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.04.02} (¥8.716) - 243.377

[PSP] 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Hakai-hen (Bandai Namco) {2011.04.14} - 44.973 / 351.992 (-85%)
[PSP] 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Saisei-hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.04.05} (¥7.330) - 34.403 / 299.842 (-87%)

The 2nd half sells less. Its consistent. However the games are selling less overall now yes.

have to wonder if capcom is seeing those musou platform splits
then again, i don't get the sense that sengoku basara 4 sumeragi will blow the doors off on any platform

It might be very different compared to past expansions since it seems they are including the original game (at least the story modes which was pretty much all there was anyway) with all the new stuff.

But it's still seeing like a 75/25 split in Famitsu polls.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Xeno is the only big release coming soon, right?
Bad numbers for SS3 but golden week will surely help, hopefully for PS4 as well which is super disappointing, basically flat YOY (I think less then a thousand units up) considering all the big titles which have come out back to back (but expected unless you're one of the few unreasonable people left who keep thinking PS4 has a lock on Japan like it has worldwide). I wonder if Bloodborne could've sold considerably better (50k more) had it not suffered from supposedly stock problems until it got restocked.

Considering how's Nintendo's market cap and amiibos could carry them until E3, they'd be super stupid to not officially reveal NX (handheld platform, imo) at E3, then ride the mobile releases all the way to Christmas with U/3DS games in-between and come back with a new mobile title in February, then release more amiibos + whatever they've announced at E3.
If they play it right they can ride the current stock frenzy until TGS at the very least and plan accordingly to have a successful NX launch in summer 2016. I mean, March 2017 seems way too late for a potential 4DS/NX.

Zelda U is a big "?" to me since they could go multiple ways with it (basically Wii U exclusive or not and its release date).
I also fully expect them to somehow tie in Amiibos and mobile releases, the potentials are huge even if Acti and Disney failed at it.

AniHawk

Xeno is the only big release coming soon, right?
Bad numbers for SS3 but golden week will surely help, hopefully for PS4 as well which is super disappointing, basically flat YOY (I think less then a thousand units up) considering all the big titles which have come out back to back (but expected unless you're one of the few unreasonable people left who keep thinking PS4 has a lock on Japan like it has worldwide). I wonder if Bloodborne could've sold considerably better (50k more) had it not suffered from supposedly stock problems until it got restocked.

Considering how's Nintendo's market cap and amiibos could carry them until E3, they'd be super stupid to not officially reveal NX (handheld platform, imo) at E3, then ride the mobile releases all the way to Christmas with U/3DS games in-between and come back with a new mobile title in February, then release more amiibos + whatever they've announced at E3.
If they play it right they can ride the current stock frenzy until TGS at the very least and plan accordingly to have a successful NX launch in summer 2016. I mean, March 2017 seems way too late for a potential 4DS/NX.

Zelda U is a big "?" to me since they could go multiple ways with it (basically Wii U exclusive or not and its release date).
I also fully expect them to somehow tie in Amiibos and mobile releases, the potentials are huge even if Acti and Disney failed at it.

nx is probably two hardware units coming out in the fall of 2016. it could see launch before november in japan, but i kind of doubt it.

i think times have changed too much. it wouldn't be wise to show it off this year unless it's clearly great and will be on want lists for over a year. product unveilings and releases are less than a year apart and sometimes just months apart these days. the longer they have it known, the longer the wii u and 3ds look dated even by nintendo's standards, and the more opportunities they have for criticism and a narrative to build up around it before they have the chance to set the tone.

zelda is most likely a launch title at this point for nx, and a swan song for wii u. i imagine it has more to do with making sure the nx has enough games versus the machine having a smooth launch. internal devs are probably having a hard time gearing up for next gen after having spent the last three years getting used to current gen. games meant for launch window probably were already pushed back into late 2017. this is basically what happened with the wii u's launch, and it impacted the games that came out on the 3ds.

Mory Dunz

nx is probably two hardware units coming out in the fall of 2016. it could see launch before november in japan, but i kind of doubt it.

i think times have changed too much. it wouldn't be wise to show it off this year unless it's clearly great and will be on want lists for over a year. product unveilings and releases are less than a year apart and sometimes just months apart these days. the longer they have it known, the longer the wii u and 3ds look dated even by nintendo's standards, and the more opportunities they have for criticism and a narrative to build up around it before they have the chance to set the tone.

zelda is most likely a launch title at this point for nx, and a swan song for wii u. i imagine it has more to do with making sure the nx has enough games versus the machine having a smooth launch. internal devs are probably having a hard time gearing up for next gen after having spent the last three years getting used to current gen. games meant for launch window probably were already pushed back into late 2017. this is basically what happened with the wii u's launch, and it impacted the games that came out on the 3ds.

So you believe nx is both the WIi U and 3DSs replacement?

Nintendo have said enough to imply that their future is about games that play across devices. So they're either both nx or they're both nx compatible, it doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure if simultaneous release for home and handheld is a good idea. I don't know about Zelda either, does current mobile tech have the performance to run Wii U games?

Vena

Nintendo have said enough to imply that their future is about games that play across devices. So they're either both nx or they're both nx compatible, it doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure if simultaneous release for home and handheld is a good idea.

They can do this without killing the WiiU. So much of the work nowadays is done top-level, and not to the metal, that it's not really necessary to replace something like the WiiU for the sake of "playing across devices" unless they had other intentions for the actual hardware.

The 3DS, on the other hand, is incredibly limited in engine support and even the N3DS is still lagging behind as, while you can attach the WiiU to all sorts of screens, you cannot replace the 240p resolution of the 3DS.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they just left the WiiU as is for a while, and have all their software release across both platforms anyway.

It should be technically possible to run their next handheld games on Wii U but they might prefer a clean break if they are at a point where they can introduce a new system, even if it has similar internals. Wii could have simply been a controller pack for Gamecube but I doubt it would have been anywhere near as successful.

They could probably get 3ds games working on wii u if they really wanted to, but I think they want something more cohesive.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Comgnet again
[3DS] Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition - 142pt
[PSV] Kan Colle (Limited Edition) - 77pt
[Wii] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online - 67pt
[3DS] Bravely Second - 67pt
[3DS] Youkai Watch Busters white dog Corps - 62pt
[WiiU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online - 55pt
[WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles Cross - 48pt
[PS4] new dimension Geimu Neptunian Constitution null VII (Limited Edition) - 44pt
[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project mirai Deluxe - 43pt
[3DS] Youkai Watch Busters Akaneko-dan - 41pt
[PS3] BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA EXTEND - 38pt
[PS4] new dimension Geimu Neptunian Constitution null VII (Normal Edition) - 38pt
[PSV] Kan Colle (Normal Edition) - 29pt
[PSV] IA / VT (Oia / visual Tracks) -COLORFUL- - 20pt
[PSV] Persona 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT Crazy Value Pack - 17pt
[PSV] IA / VT (Oia / visual Tracks) -COLORFUL- Crystal BOX - 17pt
[PS4] FINAL FANTASY XIV Blue Sky of Ishugarudo Collector's Edition - 16pt
[3DS] Fire Emblem If White Nights Kingdom - 16pt
[WiiU] Splatoon - 12pt
[PSV] Magic &#22730;&#31070; Trillion (Limited Edition) - 12pt

AniHawk

i believe that nx is a 'platform' that will be available on different devices. this allows nintendo to do more regular hardware updates on both consoles and handhelds, while giving them freedom to experiment more with said hardware. imagine a super duper high end handheld that shames vita and sells at about $300, netting nintendo a small profit, but selling to tech enthusiasts, while they also sell a little cheapo version under $130 at launch and it plays most of the same games. they can also throw out a $400 vr device and do so at a profit without the machine being a peripheral or requiring a separate library of games. they can do this with any kind of hardware innovation, really.

combining libraries helps with their lineup too. instead of playing mario kart 9 and then mario kart 10, the mario kart team could make mario kart 9 and then have a shot at f-zero afterwards. ead tokyo wouldn't be doing mario 3d land and then mario 3d world - they could do super mario 3d 8 and follow it up with one of the original titles they had in the oven several years back. on the subject of third-party support, they'd get those precious few they have through partnerships like fatal frame and devil's third, plus all the third-party titles they get for having the most successful japanese dedicated gaming device.

Mory Dunz

i believe that nx is a 'platform' that will be available on different devices. this allows nintendo to do more regular hardware updates on both consoles and handhelds, while giving them freedom to experiment more with said hardware. imagine a super duper high end handheld that shames vita and sells at about $300, netting nintendo a small profit, but selling to tech enthusiasts, while they also sell a little cheapo version under $130 at launch and it plays most of the same games. they can also throw out a $400 vr device and do so at a profit without the machine being a peripheral or requiring a separate library of games. they can do this with any kind of hardware innovation, really.

combining libraries helps with their lineup too. instead of playing mario kart 9 and then mario kart 10, the mario kart team could make mario kart 9 and then have a shot at f-zero afterwards. ead tokyo wouldn't be doing mario 3d land and then mario 3d world - they could do super mario 3d 8 and follow it up with one of the original titles they had in the oven several years back. on the subject of third-party support, they'd get those precious few they have through partnerships like fatal frame and devil's third, plus all the third-party titles they get for having the most successful japanese dedicated gaming device.

Ohh ok.

I guess it would allow them to make more games. However, wouldn't sales be sacrificed if say a MK7 and MK8 were kind of combined into a single product?

From before, you believe Zelda U will a launch title for it?

AniHawk

Ohh ok.

I guess it would allow them to make more games. However, wouldn't sales be sacrificed if say a MK7 and MK8 were kind of combined into a single product?

From before, you believe Zelda U will a launch title for it?

i look at it a different way. nintendo needing to devote resources to games to double them up for platforms whether it's 2d mario, mario kart, 3d mario, or smash bros. diverts resources away from exploring new avenues. maybe instead of making eight games that are similar to each other within the span of about three years, they can attempt to reach out to different people with new kinds of gameplay and expand the breadth of their library. or even reach into their past and pull out new things that speak to people in ways they hadn't before, like fire emblem awakening did or luigi's mansion 2 did.

guarantee. there's no way they're going to make a super ambitious zelda title, delay it, thus putting more time and resources (cash) into the project, and then release it on their worst-selling major platform since the 70s.

the game has also been pushed out of e3. that means it's not coming out before june 2016 anywhere. that means it's a fall 2016 title at that point. the annoucement of the delay happened a good 18 months out from fall 2016, which is about the time nintendo usually takes between announcing a next gen console and releasing it (as they did with wii u and wii).

the only way zelda u isn't a launch title for nx is if things go incredibly bad for the project and nintendo needs to delay the platform beyond 2016 and the wii u starts getting some stopgap titles so nintendo doesn't do a sega saturn -> sega dreamcast situation in western markets where they have no presence for over a year.

There are merits to the type of segmentation you're describing, in terms of meeting specific customer group needs. And they already do it to an extent anyway. But the underlying issues remain in all these variant devices - they're either out-competed on order-winning factors, e.g. cost and simplicity in the low-end market, or fail to order qualify at all on certain factors, e.g. third party support in the high end market. In the end, the segmentation is still only really being applied to and reducing surplus in a particular niche market: the Nintendo core fanbase.

(Unless you're also suggesting something will be done to redress these problems that have developed.)

AniHawk

There are merits to the type of segmentation you're describing, in terms of meeting specific customer group needs. And they already do it to an extent anyway. But the underlying issues remain in all these variant devices - they're either out-competed on order-winning factors, e.g. cost and simplicity in the low-end market, or fail to order qualify at all on certain factors, e.g. third party support in the high end market. In the end, the segmentation is still only really being applied to and reducing surplus in a particular niche market: the Nintendo core fanbase.

(Unless you're also suggesting something will be done to redress these problems that have developed.)

my assumption is that they would be able to take more risks in developing hardware if it means they can be available in different varieties from the start. imagine that instead of 3d being the core feature of the 3ds (or at least being marketed that way), the 2ds was the basic machine and the 3ds was the 'innovative' one.

regarding third-parties, western devs are done with nintendo. not to deal in absolutes, but i don't see any way nintendo feasibly 'gets them back'. the third-party support they have is third-party support they already have: games from square-enix, sega/atlus, capcom, level-5, bandai namco, and koei tecmo. the idea is that their games wouldn't be made to be nx handheld exclusive, but nx exclusive. so if you wanted to play those games on a handheld you could, and if you wanted to play them on a console you could too.

that's more of a short-term plan though, or maybe more like laying the groundwork. i feel like in 10-15 years, consoles will be almost gone, and the new gaming platforms will be largely digital and have exclusives of their own demanding attention from customers. more like how netflix offers original programming despite also sharing shows and movies with competing services. so far this generation shows that the market is contracting rather severely, and i don't think it will stop with certain kind of hardware. i think that there will still be a market for it, but it will be for really hardcore enthusiasts, like the people who enjoy building their own pcs, or the folks who supported snk with various neo geo platforms.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
my assumption is that they would be able to take more risks in developing hardware if it means they can be available in different varieties from the start. imagine that instead of 3d being the core feature of the 3ds (or at least being marketed that way), the 2ds was the basic machine and the 3ds was the 'innovative' one.

regarding third-parties, western devs are done with nintendo. not to deal in absolutes, but i don't see any way nintendo feasibly 'gets them back'. the third-party support they have is third-party support they already have: games from square-enix, sega/atlus, capcom, level-5, bandai namco, and koei tecmo. the idea is that their games wouldn't be made to be nx handheld exclusive, but nx exclusive. so if you wanted to play those games on a handheld you could, and if you wanted to play them on a console you could too.

that's more of a short-term plan though, or maybe more like laying the groundwork. i feel like in 10-15 years, consoles will be almost gone, and the new gaming platforms will be largely digital and have exclusives of their own demanding attention from customers. more like how netflix offers original programming despite also sharing shows and movies with competing services. so far this generation shows that the market is contracting rather severely, and i don't think it will stop with certain kind of hardware. i think that there will still be a market for it, but it will be for really hardcore enthusiasts, like the people who enjoy building their own pcs, or the folks who supported snk with various neo geo platforms.

If you mean what's left of the western third parties and their games targeting the 13-34 y,o. male demographic, than yes. Otherwise, I wouldn't quite say so. The family friendly titles still do relatively well on Nintendo consoles considering the absolute anemic # of Wii Us out there, so with a larger install base, I assume they'd be more willing to just support NX in general with multiplatform titles. Thus it'd put at least the token Western software alongside whatever the Japanese companies (lol @ Square Enix being one of them...) throw at Nintendo.

AniHawk

If you mean what's left of the western third parties and their games targeting the 13-34 y,o. male demographic, than yes. Otherwise, I wouldn't quite say so. The family friendly titles still do relatively well on Nintendo consoles considering the absolute anemic # of Wii Us out there, so with a larger install base, I assume they'd be more willing to just support NX in general with multiplatform titles. Thus it'd put at least the token Western software alongside whatever the Japanese companies (lol @ Square Enix being one of them...) throw at Nintendo.

third-party family friendly titles in 2015 are really just lego, toys to life games (now with lego!), and just dance. well, those and nintendo games. i agree they'd probably sell better on a bigger nintendo userbase, but nintendo already sees support from these companies with these games.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
so new hardware is doing better than last year (except xb1) and old hardware is doing worse. vita probably gets another revision in japan to bolster sales another year and take the machine comfortably into the 4.5-5m spot when all is said and done. ps4 should hit a million this year, and once it becomes the go-to place for playstationy games, should start pulling numbers vita was doing in its prime with more regularity. it'll probably clear 5m, but won't cross the wii u until next year.

wii u looks like it will quit selling around 2.5-2.7m. won't quite reach the wonderswan/dreamcast. 3ds might make it to psp numbers, but should at least surpass the ps2. 3.5m from here seems like a stretch though, especially with nx launching next year.

You are underestimating everything.

I think the boost might be there but still it's gonna be small. Although according to Famitsu, there were "massive preorders" for the Neptunia plated PS4s, leading to production problems.

Neptunia plated PS4s are Sony store exclusives. Maybe they had to rise production from 100 to 200 consoles.

hiska-kun

This week's releases {2015.04.23}
2E1D74F7-BF92-4C29-8864-160ECE3DBF5D_zps4d15t08x.jpg

[3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥6.458)

[PS4] [PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend <FTG> (Arc System Works) (¥6.264)

[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II # <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.538)

[PS4] Toukiden: Kiwami <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.344)

Bravely Second has beautiful boxart

Does the game still have that utterly forgettable main? Tiz or whatever? Even his name is awful and generic, sheesh

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Bravely Second has beautiful boxart

Does the game still have that utterly forgettable main? Tiz or whatever? Even his name is awful and generic, sheesh

The dude on the cover is Tiz...

edit: also didn't realise the subtitle was end layer, seems a bit random but I suppose it likely has some importance in the story (flying fairy was pointless though).

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's interesting they put him on the cover alone this time around, since the spent most of he marketing, hiding him last time around (some would argue for good reason).

Dengeki Sales: Week 16, 2015 (Apr 13 - Apr 19)

01./00. [3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kira Kira Code (Nintendo) {2015.04.16} - 59.283 / NEW <50%>
02./00. [PS4] Dying Light (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2015.04.16} - 25.547 / NEW <85%>
03./00. [3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Yuujou no Jounetsu Fight! (FuRyu) {2015.04.16} - 15.865 / NEW
04./03. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} - 12.420 / 109.701 (-9%)
05./05. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 7.295 / 127.965 (-37%)
06./09. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi (Level 5) {2014.12.13} - 7.083 / 2.616.658 (-23%)
07./08. [WIU] Mario Party 10 (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} - 6.872 / 121.619 (-26%)
08./07. [PS4] Bloodborne (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 6.488 / 187.087 (-37%)
09./10. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 6.361 / 170.993 (-31%)
10./01. [PS4] Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (From Software) {2015.04.09} - 5.567 / 23.620 (-69%)
11./00. [PS4] Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.04.16} - 5.539 / NEW
12./04. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.04.02} - 5.461 / 130.061 (-58%)
13./02. [PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.04.02} - 5.361 / 117.294 (-62%)
14./06. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo) {2015.04.02} - 5.350 / 63.073 (-50%)
15./13. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 4.760 / 75.650 (-27%)
16./14. [PS3] Professional Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami) {2015.03.26} - 4.630 / 80.915 (-28%)
17./22. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} - 4.206 / 2.218.184 (-8%)
18./21. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.12} - 3.728 / 125.514 (-25%)
19./17. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) {2015.03.19} - 3.658 / 107.398 (-30%)
20./20. [PS4] Battlefield: Hardline (Electronic Arts) {2015.03.19} - 3.583 / 100.288 (-28%)
21./15. [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 3.561 / 71.429 (-39%)
22./25. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} - 3.465 / 948.168 (-16%)
23./23. [PS3] Yakuza 0 (Sega) {2015.03.12} - 3.437 / 210.506 (-24%)
24./12. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 2025.1: The Shadow of New Despair  (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} - 3.272 / 31.227 (-51%)
25./24. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D (Nintendo) {2015.02.14} - 3.267 / 425.260 (-27%)
26./16. [PSV] Professional Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami) {2015.03.26} - 3.250 / 59.948 (-42%)
27./18. [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 3.200 / 58.106 (-37%)
28./11. [3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Korosensei Daihouimou!! (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.12} - 3.065 / 46.922 (-65%)
29./19. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix) {2015.03.26} - 3.056 / 90.817 (-39%)
30./37. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (Capcom) {2014.10.11} - 2.578 / 2.543.958 (+4%)
31./26. [PS3] Battlefield: Hardline (Electronic Arts) {2015.03.19} - 2.526 / 51.060 (-32%)
32./30. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} - 2.511 / 3.835.695 (-11%)
33./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden [Ultimate Hits] (Square Enix) {2015.04.16} - 2.449 / NEW
34./27. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Marvelous) {2015.03.26} - 2.381 / 56.739 (-31%)
35./33. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 2.356 / 1.473.826 (-11%)
36./34. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} - 2.344 / 637.431 (-6%)
37./28. [3DS] LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins  (Nintendo) {2015.03.05} - 2.206 / 38.105 (-25%)
38./31. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Square Enix) {2015.03.19} - 2.161 / 112.774 (-23%)
39./29. [3DS] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars  (Nintendo) {2015.03.19} - 2.094 / 22.522 (-26%)
40./40. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.02.19} - 2.061 / 314.895 (-13%)
41./43. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 2.006 / 1.284.152 (-2%)
42./00. [PS3] Saints Row IV: Ultra Full Version (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.04.16} - 2.006 / NEW
43./32. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) {2015.02.26} - 1.884 / 449.887 (-30%)
44./42. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} - 1.867 / 2.392.914 (-10%)
45./52. [PS3] Dragon Ball XenoVerse (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.02.05} - 1.816 / 100.806
46./39. [PS4] Yakuza 0 (Sega) {2015.03.12} - 1.644 / 125.015 (-31%)
47./35. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) {2015.03.19} - 1.600 / 57.239 (-36%)
48./38. [3DS] Kuroko's Basketball: Ties to the Future (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 1.544 / 43.941 (-37%)
49./56. [3DS] PriPara & Pretty Rhythm: PriPara Detsuka Eruoshare Item 1450!  (Takara Tomy Arts) {2015.03.19} - 1.456 / 26.673
50./45. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Atlus) {2015.03.05} - 1.322 / 88.409 (-34%)

TOP50

3DS 17
PS3 10
PS4 10
Vita 8
Wii U 3

SOFTWARE

Code:
------------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week (%) |  FY 2014  | FY (%)  |
| 3DS   | 167.765   | 44.00%   | 483.616   | 31.80%  |
| PS4   | 72.649    | 19.00%   | 240.419   | 15.80%  |
| Vita  | 58.126    | 15.20%   | 365.491   | 24.00%  |
| PS3   | 56.655    | 14.90%   | 334.834   | 22.00%  |
| Wii U | 20.891    | 5.50%    | 84.688    | 5.60%   |
| PSP   | 3.018     | 0.80%    | 10.212    | 0.70%   |
| XB1   | 2.287     | 0.60%    | 3.821     | 0.30%   |
| Total | 381.391   | 100.00%  | 1.523.081 | 100.00% |

HARDWARE

Code:
----------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week (%) | FY 2014 | FY (%)  |
| 3DS   | 23.281    | 37.90%   | 82.379  | 37.20%  |
| PS4   | 16.103    | 26.20%   | 57.937  | 26.20%  |
| Vita  | 12.833    | 20.90%   | 48.659  | 22.00%  |
| Wii U | 5.517     | 9.00%    | 17.866  | 8.10%   |
| PS3   | 3.592     | 5.80%    | 13.908  | 6.30%   |
| XB1   | 168       | 0.30%    | 623     | 0.30%   |
| Total | 61.494    | 100.00%  | 221.372 | 100.00% |

*FY 2015 refers to the period from March 30, 2015 through March 31, 2016

Dengeki Sales: Week 15, 2015 (Apr 06 - Apr 12)

Dengeki Sales Archive
2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

FluxWaveZ

edit: also didn't realise the subtitle was end layer, seems a bit random but I suppose it likely has some importance in the story (flying fairy was pointless though).

Flying Fairy was the best game subtitle I've seen in a long time because of what it entailed. End Layer can only hope to match it.

LayLa

No I dropped that shit like it was hot after it started repeating, though I can't imagine, the term flying fairy being used in some mind blowing manner.

well ...
at a certain point in the game you start realising that Agnes's companion Airy has not been entirely straight with you. If you boot up the game after this point the F's in the title screen change to red & fade out, leaving behind the subtitle "Lying Airy". It's a neat little moment. I expect them to add letters to End Layer at some point in the second game - Friend Slayer for example.

Top Bottom