• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2015 (Apr 13 - Apr 19)

Rupe

Neo Member
Seems that all hardware is selling worse this year than last year, glad that 3DS is not far off from past years hardware sales thanks to N3DS. Will Vita 3000 boost vita sales so it will be above last years sales?

Is this actually confirmed? Or just patent speculation?

Pretty disappointing week, but predictable I guess. Is the Ps4 schedule still a barren wasteland at this point, I haven't been keeping up with the Japanese releases.
Minecraft is doing what I had hope it would do for vita, best selling game incoming.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
well ...
at a certain point in the game you start realising that Agnes's companion Airy has not been entirely straight with you. If you boot up the game after this point the F's in the title screen change to red & fade out, leaving behind the subtitle "Lying Airy". It's a neat little moment. I expect them to add letters to End Layer at some point in the second game - Friend Slayer for example.

Well that's fair though
I figured out the fairy was lying when we repeated the first time.

NX will replace Wii U first imo, but either way i think they'll both come out close to each other

3DS isn't doing Wii U numbers, so might as well milk it while they get the next console up and running

they'll just release zelda for both like they did last time, i don't see why they wouldn't

Jackano

I havn't look at MC charts for months. It's depressing. 3DS holds up well seeing the last YTD, thanks n3DS. Definitely going to pass the 20M mark when everything will be said and done.

Jamix012

Perhaps this isn't the best place for this discussion, but one thing seems to be bothering me about the inevitable 3DS LTD Sales.

3DS will sell more than PSP in Japan when all is said and done. Probably not by a lot, but it could be 3 million-ish. It will also almost inevitably sell better in the US, it's tracking ahead and this year is far stronger for the 3DS so far than the same point in PSP's lifetime in NPD. Is it really doing so poorly in Europe and the rest of the world that, despite these facts, 3DS will almost inevitably end up behind PSP worldwide LTD?

NX will replace Wii U first imo, but either way i think they'll both come out close to each other

3DS isn't doing Wii U numbers, so might as well milk it while they get the next console up and running

they'll just release zelda for both like they did last time, i don't see why they wouldn't

I don't think so, NX will be mostly for 3DS or hybrid for both but not just for Wii U. They can't compete with PS4 and XB1 in game library and price if they launch NX against them and will end up just like Wii U again because 3rd party is not going to fly easily and users using Nintendo products are not used to buy 3rd party games.

Perhaps this isn't the best place for this discussion, but one thing seems to be bothering me about the inevitable 3DS LTD Sales.

3DS will sell more than PSP in Japan when all is said and done. Probably not by a lot, but it could be 3 million-ish. It will also almost inevitably sell better in the US, it's tracking ahead and this year is far stronger for the 3DS so far than the same point in PSP's lifetime in NPD. Is it really doing so poorly in Europe and the rest of the world that, despite these facts, 3DS will almost inevitably end up behind PSP worldwide LTD?

PSP is around 20m in Japan. As of March 14, 2010, it was around 17m in the US. If PSP's worldwide total is around 77m as of March 31, 2012 (according to Sony), it means it sold around 40m units in other territories. PSP sold really well in Europa (3.2m as of 2009 in UK), but perhaps it also did well in markets where 3DS is basically non-existent, such as Australia, Sourthern Asia, Mexico, and so on.

hiska-kun

GamesMaya First Day Top 5

1. [3DS] Bravely Second
2. [PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
3. [PS4] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
4. [PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II (limited edition)
5. [PS4] Tropico 5

GamesMaya First Day Top 5

1. [3DS] Bravely Second
2. [PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
3. [PS4] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
4. [PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II (limited edition)
5. [PS4] Tropico 5

I was wondering where Tropico 5 was on your "This week's releases {2015.04.23}"

Couldn't find the game? ;)

PSP did half of its sales outside US/Japan

yeah

I just forgot it xD

Wow edited, it's the PS3 version, not the PS4

Actually you should edit it again, it is the PS4 version
2E1D74F7-BF92-4C29-8864-160ECE3DBF5D_zps4d15t08x.jpg

It is next to kiwami ps4 in your first shot.

Busaiku

PSP did half of its sales outside US/Japan

yeah
People (especially those in Nintendo) greatly underestimate just how strong of a truly worldwide brand Playstation is.
Nintendo has firm roots in Japan, US, France, and Germany, but are incredibly weak everywhere else. They were also unable to establish brand loyalty outside of those countries, despite succeeding last gen in areas like Spain, Australia, UK, etc.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Now that is a powerful image. Nintendo, get your shit together. And Japan, give it a thought for a moment.

Good thing you missed Chris's statement that Anihawk's underestimating everything. 2.5M would mean the Wii U would sell 200K more and then just drop dead, which is very unlikely. Even a bad holiday = 100K by itself imo. I'm still thinking closer to 3M eventually, which is 3/4ths of GC. Still terrible, but higher than Anihawk's #s.

People (especially those in Nintendo) greatly underestimate just how strong of a truly worldwide brand Playstation is.
Nintendo has firm roots in Japan, US, France, and Germany, but are incredibly weak everywhere else. They were also unable to establish brand loyalty outside of those countries, despite succeeding last gen in areas like Spain, Australia, UK, etc.
Still a pretty big generalization for Nintendo. If you look at the European charts, you'll see a decent presence for the 3DS in Italy. Amiibos still sell better in Europe than JP, so I wouldn't easily say that they're "incredibly weak" throughout all of Europe. Does the UK really have any brand loyalty at all? Xbox was strong there last gen, and yet it seems like they're losing that battle again. If I remember correctly, Nintendo is actually breaking some records in Australia in terms of fastest selling titles and other categories.

The opposite may be true.

If you want to post comgnet points at least translate the games properly. Google translation is annoying.
Sorry, I was just being lazy... =(. Since I don't know any written Japanese, translating takes some effort.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet retail store chain: preorders stats / comparisons, as of April 23rd, 2015, now at 200cc.

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z - 612pt*
[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition - 142pt

[Wii] Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online - 74pt*
[WiiU] Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online - 50pt*
[Wii] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online - 67pt
[WiiU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online - 55pt

[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - 87pt*
[3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer - 67pt

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - 43pt**
[WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles X - 48pt

[PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia - 29pt+23pt = 52pt**
[PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - 76pt + 34pt = 110pt**
[PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 52pt + 39pt = 91pt*
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP - 32pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 - 43pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation - 42pt + 19pt = 61pt
[PSV] Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - 43pt + 27pt = 70pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia U - 48pt+ 23pt = 71pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation - 47pt + 18pt = 63pt
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II - 44pt+ 38pt = 82pt

* = Comg preorder pts from 2012/2013
** = Comg preorder pts up to 2010/2011

Note: Comgnet's ratio between actual sales and pts has grown overall in the past year / years, and older preorder points are not as reliable for comparisons as most recent ones, especially if they are from years and years ago

Xbro

Comgnet retail store chain: preorders stats / comparisons, as of April 23rd, 2015, now at 200cc.

-snip-

XCX may have a hard time keeping ahead of XC at the current rate. Hope it can do it.

EDIT: Well, shouldn't have to worry at this rate.

Eolz

Well, P&Z Mario edition has definitely been made for the western market. I don't think Nintendo and Gungho expect too much from it. Good sales, but not a huge best-seller.

It is a ranking in the April 23 closing time 2015 translated by google and myself

01. [3DS] PUZZLE & DRAGONS SUPER MARIO BROS EDITION - 147pt
02. [3DS] Youkai Watch Busters (combined) - 110pt
03. [PSV] Kan Colle (combined) - 106pt
04. [Wii] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon evilore online - 68pt
05. [WiiU] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 56pt
06. [WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles X - 53pt
07. [3DS] Hatsune Miku Project mirai Deluxe - 42pt
08. [PSV] IA / VT (Oia / visual Tracks) -COLORFUL- (combined) - 37pt
09. [3DS] Fire Emblem if (combined) - 29pt
10. [PS4] FINAL FANTASY XIV Blue Sky of Ishugarudo (combined) - 27pt
11. [PSV] Persona 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT Crazy Value Pack - 18pt
12. [PSV] Makaigami Trillion (Limited Edition) - 13pt
13. [WiiU] Splatoon - 12pt
14. [PS4] Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt - 12pt
15. [PS4] METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM HIDEO SPECIAL EDITION - 10pt

hope in this way doesn't make Chris nervous

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It is a ranking in the April 23 closing time 2015 translated by google and myself

01. [3DS] PUZZLE & DRAGONS SUPER MARIO BROS EDITION - 147pt (+5)
02. [3DS] Youkai Watch Busters (combined) - 110pt (+7)
03. [PSV] Kan Colle (combined) - 106pt (+0)
04. [Wii] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon evilore online - 68pt (+1)
05. [WiiU] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 56pt (+1)
06. [WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles X - 53pt (+5)
07. [3DS] Hatsune Miku Project mirai Deluxe - 42pt (+1)
13. [WiiU] Splatoon - 12pt (+0)

Thanks Moor! Added change since yesterday for some of the titles. Although it seems like XCX just gained 5 preorders on a Thursday? Interesting.

01. [3DS] PUZZLE & DRAGONS SUPER MARIO BROS EDITION - 147pt
02. [3DS] Youkai Watch Busters (combined) - 110pt
03. [PSV] Kan Colle (combined) - 106pt
04. [Wii] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon evilore online - 68pt
05. [WiiU] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 56pt
06. [WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles X - 53pt
07. [3DS] Hatsune Miku Project mirai Deluxe - 42pt
13. [WiiU] Splatoon - 12pt

hey wait, this means both versions of Fire Emblem are now on!

....those splits though

I ordered Xenoblade but I will be out of the country for 2 weeks after its release :( Fuck seeing my family and friends.

I'm also looking forward to picking up an Xbone for peanuts at some point down the line and going digital based on sales. Shops like GEO already have pre-owned consoles for 25,000 yen. If you can find them.

Alrus

I'm surprised that IA/VT game is actually getting better pre-orders than Persona 4 dancing. I honestly thought it would get completely overshadowed by the latter considering they're releasing on the same day.

Still a pretty big generalization for Nintendo. If you look at the European charts, you'll see a decent presence for the 3DS in Italy. Amiibos still sell better in Europe than JP, so I wouldn't easily say that they're "incredibly weak" throughout all of Europe. Does the UK really have any brand loyalty at all? Xbox was strong there last gen, and yet it seems like they're losing that battle again. If I remember correctly, Nintendo is actually breaking some records in Australia in terms of fastest selling titles and other categories.
It's more like that Nintendo is weak in markets outside of traditional big three (Western Europe, Japan and US). Wouldn't surprise me if PSP sold more in emerging markets than even DS or at least a lot closer to it than in any other market (PSP outlived DS because of its strenght in emerging markets).

hiska-kun

First Day Sell-Through {2015.04.23}

[3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥6.458) - 30% shipment => 170-200k

[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II # <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.538) - 60% loyal fanbase

[PS3] [PS4] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend <FTG> (Arc System Works) (¥6.264) - better start for the PS3 version

[PS3] TV Anime Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls G4U! Pack Vol.1 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥9.698) - 40-50% the fanbase of this series is around 20000

[PS4] Toukiden: Kiwami <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.344) - 30%

[PS4] Tropico 5 <SLG> (Square Enix) (¥8.424) - 60%

[PSV] Yumi's Odd Odyssey: Chirari <ACT> (Agatsuma Entertainment) (¥5.184) - 30%

Rabbids Land

[XB1] [360] Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved <ACT> (Microsoft Game Studios) (¥6.372)

[3DS] Minarai Majo to Mocomoco Friends <ACT> (Nippon Columbia) (¥5.184)

Vena

a serious question deserved a reply like this or Vena's one?

I mean, its effectively saying that we don't know and don't have a good way to judge. We could look back to last year and see how other titles lifted the baseline. HyWa gave something of a ramped up bump of 4k->5k from Week 31->32->33 but this was also shortly after MK8 had launched and was keeping the baseline at 9k~ish:

31/2014: | WIU | 9.646 | 9.429 | 10.038 | 332.722 | 399.142 | 1.858.152 |
32/2014: | WIU | 13.598 | 9.646 | 9.950 | 346.320 | 409.092 | 1.871.750 |
33/2014: | WIU | 18.161 | 13.598 | 12.047 | 364.481 | 421.139 | 1.889.911 |

Could we apply similar scaling to XCX, or would you think it will sell better or, possibly, worse? Have a lower or greater affect? We have another point of consideration in that XCX has a bundle, that could serve to help move a bit more hardware than HyWa did as that had no bundle. But let's say it behaves similarly, then taking the current 6k baseline, I'd say that XCX would bump the WiiU to 15k on the week of its release and then peter off soon after.

Perhaps, we could think that with XCX + DQX expansion + #FE not too far off on the horizon, we could see more JRPG fans pick up the console than with HyWa which would have appealed to either the Zelda demo (limited outside of NA) or to Musou fans but is and seems to be just about the only Musou game for the system. No matter how good it may be as a Musou, it being the only one is going to shoot the kneecaps off of a fan's interest in the console.

Alrus

Main audience for the title will shop on the weekend.
Actually I have no idea what the demographic breakdown is for BS.

Don't think the game has much chance of long legs if it's actually an half-assed sequel like some people have been saying... (edit:apparently reception isn't bad, we'll see I guess)

Went on Amazon to see what the reviews were and noticed that the Little Mac amiibo is selling for like 8000 yens, some third party retail is making banks on those heh.

Vena

Don't think the game has much chance of long legs if it's actually an half-assed sequel like some people have been saying... (edit:apparently reception isn't bad, we'll see I guess)

Not really talking about legs, speaking more about (if the demographics line up) that shopping may occur more/equally strongly on release weekend rather than release day.

Went on Amazon to see what the reviews were and noticed that the Little Mac amiibo is selling for like 8000 yens, some third party retail is making banks on those heh.

No one buys those.

wait, you have the game? how is it compared to the first one (...also the buzz online has not been positive)

I haven't dug too deeply, but in the very least the artists/devs I follow have been enjoying it.

It's great so far! Different tone, but pretty much everything has seen big improvements.

Top Bottom