• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2015 (Apr 20 - Apr 26)

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Actually nervous about the 3DS HW #'s.

By Q3, Nintendo shipments of 3DS totaled 18.700.

We are going in May and Q3 shipments have not even been sold yet.

Bravely Second's sales numbers are roughly around what I was expecting.

I really hope Xenoblade manages to do well well, but considering Japan's history I'm not exactly optimistic. =/

It's assumption based.

If we assume the amount of staff was static between the two and look at some of the decisions made, including them announcing the game only started development in September 2013, we can see a relatively short development cycle with decisions that look like notable cost savers (they have the same costumes, many of the same characters in the same outfits, a lot of returning monsters, the visuals are identical down to unaltered texturing, and what appears to be a notably reused world map).

Now, some of this is obviously very reasonable and things you'd expect out of a sequel, others are nota, and when you put it all together you get the sense of them spending less money.

Now, maybe they did spend the same amount of money on development, or maybe they spent twice as much, but if we assume that, we can simply just state it's an even larger failure and that they seem to have spent their money in a very ineffective fashion.
Regarding the last part, I honestly don't understand what happened here. Whether it was a failure for SE? (not mentioned in FY results) or they just didn't care about its success (which is really strange behavior).

They pretty much did the same with Type-0. Completely ignored its success in Japan, held onto its localization in the West, and then tried to cash on its success with a mobile spin-off. But Type-0 HD was a moderate success (1 million shipped) for a console game so maybe we will see more of it compared to BD, whose future looks shaky right now.

sörine

Banned
Regarding the last part, I honestly don't understand what happened here. Whether it was a failure for SE? (not mentioned in FY results) or they just didn't care about its success (which is really strange behavior).

They pretty much did the same with Type-0. Completely ignored its success in Japan, held onto its localization in the West, and then tried to cash on its success with a mobile spin-off. But Type-0 HD was a moderate success (1 million shipped) for a console game so maybe we will see more of it compared to BD, whose future looks shaky right now.
Type-0 HD shipped a million but sellthrough is likely closer to half that. BD outperformed it in both Japan and the west.

BriBri

Famitsu digital numbers are ready with some PS4 games doing well (and Minecraft, duh!). Please can Road or Takao do the honours! Thanks!

sörine;162078916 said:
Type-0 HD shipped a million but sellthrough is likely closer to half that. BD outperformed it in both Japan and the west.
You are comparing a budget handheld release versus a fully priced console release :)

I can bet the remaster was even cheaper than BD. They didn't even create any new asset for it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Type-0 I imagine had issues because 1.) it was a PSP game, so it was hard to bring to the West with any kind of notable sales, 2.) it wasn't entirely obvious which platform to put the sequel on, and 3.) these days nearly the entire senior staff have taken over on Final Fantasy XV.

I wouldn't be shocked if prior to that a lot of the staff was cannibalized to save Final Fantasy XIV as well given there's a bit of a gap from wrapping up Type-0 to the hand-off of Final Fantasy XV.

It's basically an opportunity cost problem. I imagine this is why Tabata keeps appealing to people to buy Type-0 HD and get excited for the next Type game so he can get it greenlit by pointing to demand.

The development path that lead to Bravely Default on the other hand appeared to start with the DS remakes of Final Fantasy 3 and Final Fantasy 4, and given the drop between them (and the inevitable state of eventually running out of old FF games to remake), they decided to have the developer of the remakes create a new game in the style of older Final Fantasy titles called Final Fantasy Gaiden: 4 Heroes of Light. This game okay for what it was, but certainly not on the scale of the remakes.

Afterwards, judging by the Famitsu leaks and the reappearing monsters and concepts, they decided to try following up the game with a new studio that could also handle design and direction internally, as Square Enix's internal resources weren't really being put on handheld games anymore during the mass reorganizations. They chose Silicon Studio, who had recently been boosted by hiring a lot of people from the collapse of Game Republic, hoping that the combination of the new studio and new platform would help it do better. It got turned into a new IP along the way.

However, given that Square Enix was increasingly getting out of handhelds at the time this was happening, the company (outside of the main producer, Asano) seemed to start losing interest in the project and was instead increasingly focused on mobile and their major console titles. If you look at how the first game was marketed after its TGS debut, a lot of it was through Facebook updates and interviews with Asano. You could get the impression that a lot of the marketing consisted of cheap to free things being done directly by him as opposed to being part of Square Enix's master marketing slate for important projects.

The game did well, but I get the impression Square Enix ultimately viewed it as a small potatoes project despite its success and the message they took away was "Well people seem to like it when we act more like ourselves, so we'll work to make sure any outside influences fit well with our internal values and strengths before implementing them." instead of "Oh hey this is a valuable brand we should invest in notably."

Given Asano's continued statements about sales targets, I'm guessing they gave him a conservative amount of money to make another title since it wasn't something they were notably interested in investing in compared to their other projects, but since it was profitable they weren't going to tell him no straight up unless he failed to meet the next title's sales goals.

I think I can point to similar situations at other publishers. When EA was revamping their product slate, they sent out The Saboteur to die despite having invested in it for a ton of years. They proceeded by closing the studio. Similarly, when they were winding down EA Partners as a console publishing venture, they sent out FUSE and Shadows of the Damned to die as well, wanting to fulfill their contract and launch promises so if they signed developers in the future, they'd be confident their game would come out, but not wanting to lose more money on products they didn't believe in.

Activision let Bizarre's James Bond game go out with a whimper when they were going to shut down the studio. Similarly, Raven's Singularity and Radical's Prototype 2 didn't get tremendous pushes as Activision lost faith and both studios were majorly downsized. High Moon's Deadpool got the same treatment as well, and they're now a Call of Duty porting studio.

Moving on to Take-Two, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was in development for over 7 years, but was sent on on short notice with almost no support because Take-Two viewed it as a lost cause in the long run and just wanted to recoup some money before shuttering the studio. The studio themselves were very confident they would instead be moved on to a new project after it launched since they managed to pull the game together after it failed at several other developers, and Take-Two didn't inform them otherwise, but at a corporate level they had been doomed by months. Later we found out that Take-Two would also shut down Irrational Games and 2K Australia, seemingly because they weren't very interested in linear singleplayer games as business anymore between how hard it was for them to launch more successful ones (that still sold much less than their open world games) like BioShock and Max Payne and how badly the others did like Spec Ops, The Darkness 2, and XCOM Declassified. Their remaining studios are all making open world, strategy, sports, and/or multiplayer games.

I can go on for a while with other publishers if you like, but basically my reaction would be that they viewed this as a low effort, low risk, low reward bet that they weren't especially interested in trying relative to their modern corporate vision, and thus any potential that was there was ultimately seen as not worthwhile or progressively seen as less valuable over time. While I would like more Bravely games, I'm not going to hold my breath.

crinale

Well as for BD Asano hinted the BD third like a week before 2nd gets released didn't he? Kinda bad move to execute before 2nd is even out IMHO.

Oemenia

Banned
most shops, even the smaller ones, have some promotion stuff, like rolling video or fliers, probably because it's a SCEJ product and they put some money in advertising the game

and it's indicative that even it already sold 200k by digital, the retail version is showing really good legs
Interesting. However wouldn't a Sony bundle sell better since it would have more exposure? Just having Minecraft art on the systems packaging could do it some favours.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well as for BD Asano hinted the BD third like a week before 2nd gets released didn't he? Kinda bad move to execute before 2nd is even out IMHO.

Yes, but it was essentially in the context of "please buy this game or it's not going to be around":

Gematsu said:
Planning for Bravely Third, the potential sequel to Bravely Second, is already underway, according to producer Tomoya Asano.

“It might make you say ‘What?!’ given the timing, but I already have the concept for Bravely Third in me,” Asano told the latest issue of Famitsu. “If sales for [Bravely Second] are good enough, I’m planning to immediately submit a proposal. Please give me your support!”
Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/04/bravely-...dy-planning-bravely-third#r5VYSWsduSlBphxj.99

ILoveBish

You guys underestimating the powerhouse 3ds are in for a rude awakening. All they have to do is release a new hardware model, release smash for portable for the first time (I know it doesn't make sense but this is Nintendo!!!), and make a game that is exclusive to the new platform to drive up buzz. Just you wait and see.

Activision let Criterion's James Bond game go out with a whimper when they were going to shut down the studio.

Only a tiny thing, but you're thinking of Bizarre Creations (previously Project Gotham Racing who made Blood Stone). Criterion are the Burnout devs who were bought by EA and pushed onto Need for Speed before being downsized to a skeleton staff a couple of years ago.

Takao

Banned
Famitsu March 2015 Top 10 Digital Sales (Feb. 23rd to March 22nd)

01. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) - 30,764 (10%)
02. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) - 30,748 (74.7%)
03. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang) - 25,322 (69.2%)
04. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) - 23,412 (31.8%)
05. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) - 16,245 (3.8%)
06. [PS4] Battlefield Hardline (Electronic Arts) - 11,942 (18.3%)
07. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco) - 10,024 (14.4%)
08. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Atlus) - 7789 (10.2%)
09. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Square Enix) - 6192 (6.8%)
10. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco) - 5381 (7.2%)

Legend:
Ranking - Platform - Title - Publisher - Digital Sales - Percentage of total units sold digitally

Thanks for this. It was a very useful insight on the publishers and their behavior. It really explains a lot :)

Famitsu March 2015 Top 10 Digital Sales (Feb. 23rd to March 22nd)

01. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) - 30,764 (10%)
02. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) - 30,748 (74.7%)
03. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang) - 25,322 (69.2%)
04. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) - 23,412 (31.8%)
05. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes (Square Enix) - 16,245 (3.8%)
06. [PS4] Battlefield Hardline (Electronic Arts) - 11,942 (18.3%)
07. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco) - 10,024 (14.4%)
08. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Atlus) - 7789 (10.2%)
09. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Square Enix) - 6192 (6.8%)
10. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco) - 5381 (7.2%)

Legend:
Ranking - Platform - Title - Publisher - Digital Sales - Percentage of total units sold digitally
Revelations 2 has done really well. If we combine the digital + physical sales, the result are pretty good IMO.

Tanking is anything that jeopardises future releases by the studio due to their previous projects underperforming. Given the market conditions of Japan, 150-200k is in line with other releases on the console but that still doesn't mean that this individual project can create profit or even break-even.

It's kind of a pointless thing to bring up anyway since they don't make budgets public knowledge and Nintendo may be writing off these titles considering the Wii-U's performance til now.

They are owned by a first party and the quality is there so you shouldn't worry on the studio's future even if the game does not sell well or break even.

Niche appeal... BD sold almost 400k considering For the Sequel.

You should not do that. Thats like me saying DkS sold 462k when in reality the updated version was bought by the same audience who bought the first game.

I see BD at 296k.

PS4 is higher than I expected, but woof at those game sales. It looks like Toukiden should've been PSN-only in Japan. Bravely's defaulted. Neptunia is selling more like a random Vita spinoff than a new game.

Sony better have shipped more Minecraft this week.

Its not like there's a big difference between the two lol

Vena

I'm pretty certain you said something to that effect. I would check, but I'm on mobile.

I think the idea was that we're expecting it to slowly drip away to even worse numbers once Golden Week shakes out, Golden Week has yet to occur. NepNep managed to give it a little bump.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Famitsu Top 30 (Retail + Digital) {2015.2.23 - 2015.3.22}

01.[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 445,044 | Retail: 428,799; Digital: 16,245
02.[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 338,906 | Retail: 308,142; Digital: 30,764
03.[PS3] Yakuza 0 {2015.3.12} - 198,623 | Retail: 195,413; Digital: 3,210
04.[PS4] Yakuza 0 {2015.3.12} - 123,760 | Retail: 118,946; Digital: 4,814
05.[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD {2015.3.19} - 97,285 | Retail: 91,093; Digital: 6,192
06.[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 {2015.3.19} - 97,027 | Retail: 73,615; Digital: 23,412
07.[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D {2015.2.14} - 96,727 | Retail: 92,505; Digital: 4,222
08.[3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon {2015.3.5} - 84,134 | Retail: 76,345; Digital: 7,789
09.[PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst {2015.2.19} - 80,456 | Retail: 75,057; Digital: 5,381
10.[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth {2015.3.12} - 79,491 | Retail: 69,467; Digital: 10,024
11.[WIU] Mario Party 10 {2015.3.12} - 77,914 | Retail: 75,706; Digital: 2,208
12.[PS4] Battlefield: Hardline {2015.3.19} - 77,131 | Retail: 65,189; Digital: 11,942
13.[PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 {2015.3.19} - 71,917 | Retail: 41,169; Digital: 30,748
14.[PSV] Minecraft: PSVita Edition {2015.03.19} - 61,915 | Retail: 36,593; Digital: 25,322
15.[3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi {2014.12.13} - 60,280 | Retail: 58,609; Digital: 1,671
16.[PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: All Star After Secret {2015.3.12} - 52,623
17.[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire {2014.11.21} - 34,630 | Retail: 33,923; Digital: 707
18.[3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Korosensei Daihouimou!! {2015.3.12} - 34,238 | Retail: 31,611; Digital: 2,627
19.[3DS] New Prince of Tennis: Go to the Top {2015.3.5} - 28,367 | Retail: 27,370; Digital: 997
20.[PS4] Evolve {2015.3.5} - 27,841 | Retail: 23,688; Digital: 4,153
21.[3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 27,568 | Retail: 26,118; Digital: 1,450
22.[PS3] Battlefield: Hardline {2015.3.19} - 26,663 | Retail: 25,034; Digital: 1,599
23.[3DS] LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins {2015.3.5} - 25,396 | Retail: 23,379; Digital: 2,017
24.[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G {2014.10.11} - 23,052 | Retail: 21,359; Digital: 1,693
25.[WIU] Mario Kart 8 {2014.5.29} - 20,297 | Retail: 19,308; Digital: 989
26.[PS3] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse {2015.2.5} - 20,070 | Retail: 19,267; Digital: 803
27.[PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3: Deluxe Package {2015.3.19} - 20,056
28.[3DS] PriPara & Pretty Rhythm: PriPara Detsuka Eruoshare Item 1450! {2015.3.19} - 19,312 | Retail: 19,073; Digital: 239
29.[3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin {2015.2.11} - 17,713 | Retail: 16,532; Digital: 1,190
30.[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate {2015.2.26} - 17,463 | Retail: 16,589; Digital: 874

Thanks for this. It was a very useful insight on the publishers and their behavior. It really explains a lot :)

Revelations 2 has done really well. If we combine the digital + physical sales, the result are pretty good IMO.

should be around 220k everything combined for RER2. Not bad, PS3+PS4 is just above what the PS3 version did last time 190k.

Vena

it probably won't happen that soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does sometime during the summer

Didn't NepNep have a bunch of hardware bundles to go with its release, I wonder if the niche pick-up crowd isn't hiding the baseline decline so to speak.

sörine

Banned
You are comparing a budget handheld release versus a fully priced console release :)

I can bet the remaster was even cheaper than BD. They didn't even create any new asset for it.
BD was fully priced too. In fact I won't be surprised if BD's million end up having sold at a higher ASP than Type-0 HD given it's low sellthrough. It's going to get bomba binned hard in the west.

And Hexadrive did do new asset work for Type-0 I thought?

Vena

sörine;162078916 said:

Wait, what? Its 50% sold-through on a million shipped?

sörine;162088654 said:
BD was fully priced too. In fact I won't be surprised if BD's million end up having sold at a higher ASP than Type-0 HD given it's low sellthrough. It's going to get bomba binned hard in the west.

Type-0 HD had a better debut month than Bravely Default for NPD though?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Only a tiny thing, but you're thinking of Bizarre Creations (previously Project Gotham Racing who made Blood Stone). Criterion are the Burnout devs who were bought by EA and pushed onto Need for Speed before being downsized to a skeleton staff a couple of years ago.

My bad, thank you.

Didn't NepNep have a bunch of hardware bundles to go with its release, I wonder if the niche pick-up crowd isn't hiding the baseline decline so to speak.

Yep. Though they were Sony-store-exclusive, which hasn't provided a massive boost to console sales in the past iirc.

Oregano

sörine;162088654 said:

On that note just checked Amazon.co.uk and Type 0 is ~£27 and Bravely Default is £33. I guess that's because Nintendo published though.

Takao

Banned
Famitsu Top 30 (Retail + Digital) {2015.2.23 - 2015.3.22}

01.[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 445,044 | Retail: 428,799; Digital: 16,245
02.[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes {2015.2.26} - 338,906 | Retail: 308,142; Digital: 30,764
03.[PS3] Yakuza 0 {2015.3.12} - 198,623 | Retail: 195,413; Digital: 3,210
04.[PS4] Yakuza 0 {2015.3.12} - 123,760 | Retail: 118,946; Digital: 4,814
05.[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD {2015.3.19} - 97,285 | Retail: 91,093; Digital: 6,192
06.[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 {2015.3.19} - 97,027 | Retail: 73,615; Digital: 23,412
07.[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D {2015.2.14} - 96,727 | Retail: 92,505; Digital: 4,222
08.[3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon {2015.3.5} - 84,134 | Retail: 76,345; Digital: 7,789
09.[PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst {2015.2.19} - 80,456 | Retail: 75,057; Digital: 5,381
10.[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth {2015.3.12} - 79,491 | Retail: 69,467; Digital: 10,024
11.[WIU] Mario Party 10 {2015.3.12} - 77,914 | Retail: 75,706; Digital: 2,208
12.[PS4] Battlefield: Hardline {2015.3.19} - 77,131 | Retail: 65,189; Digital: 11,942
13.[PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 {2015.3.19} - 71,917 | Retail: 41,169; Digital: 30,748
14.[PSV] Minecraft: PSVita Edition {2015.03.19} - 61,915 | Retail: 36,593; Digital: 25,322
15.[3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi {2014.12.13} - 60,280 | Retail: 58,609; Digital: 1,671
16.[PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: All Star After Secret {2015.3.12} - 52,623
17.[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire {2014.11.21} - 34,630 | Retail: 33,923; Digital: 707
18.[3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Korosensei Daihouimou!! {2015.3.12} - 34,238 | Retail: 31,611; Digital: 2,627
19.[3DS] New Prince of Tennis: Go to the Top {2015.3.5} - 28,367 | Retail: 27,370; Digital: 997
20.[PS4] Evolve {2015.3.5} - 27,841 | Retail: 23,688; Digital: 4,153
21.[3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 27,568 | Retail: 26,118; Digital: 1,450
22.[PS3] Battlefield: Hardline {2015.3.19} - 26,663 | Retail: 25,034; Digital: 1,599
23.[3DS] LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins {2015.3.5} - 25,396 | Retail: 23,379; Digital: 2,017
24.[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G {2014.10.11} - 23,052 | Retail: 21,359; Digital: 1,693
25.[WIU] Mario Kart 8 {2014.5.29} - 20,297 | Retail: 19,308; Digital: 989
26.[PS3] Dragon Quest: Xenoverse {2015.2.5} - 20,070 | Retail: 19,267; Digital: 803
27.[PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3: Deluxe Package {2015.3.19} - 20,056
28.[3DS] PriPara & Pretty Rhythm: PriPara Detsuka Eruoshare Item 1450! {2015.3.19} - 19,312 | Retail: 19,073; Digital: 239
29.[3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin {2015.2.11} - 17,713 | Retail: 16,532; Digital: 1,190
30.[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate {2015.2.26} - 17,463 | Retail: 16,589; Digital: 874

Dragon Ball

sörine;162088654 said:

3DS games are sold for $60 too? Type-0 HD was even expensive in Japan compared to other HD Remasters.

Regarding new assets, they just used the character models from the pre-rendered cutscenes into the game and then used their engine to add extra touches (lighting, bloom, motion blur etc). Most of the texture assets are almost the same as PSP, and look awfully bad at times. The port is well done but it screams a cheap port and not like a FF X|X-2 HD Remaster effort. It was most likely done in a short time as well, judging from the comments of the director.

You should not do that. Thats like me saying DkS sold 462k when in reality the updated version was bought by the same audience who bought the first game.

I see BD at 296k.

For the Sequel was available on eShop at a budger price for those who purchased the original one. Why should people bought the same game twice when they could get a discounted update? Also, For the Sequel did not receive any Limited or Special Edition, so incentives to re-purchase the game at full price were nihil.

Jamix012

So what are the Chances of 3DS reaching 20 Million? I mean 19 Million are a Lock before the next Handheld hits the Stores, but 20? Not sure about that

21 is a lock. It'll probably also hit 22. I don't know why you'd think it wouldn't hit 20.

Also if they actually start releasing other N3DS exclusives I could see it hitting 24.

test_account

XP-39C²
It's well suited to mobile both in terms of how to monetize and the length of play per unit. It's a game that should be service oriented. Honestly though there aren't a lot of games like it that I can think of.
I see. I wonder if Nintendo might try something like that with mobile in the future.

He's quoted below :p

(sorry not sure how to say your username on gaf as a short one)

But yeah, since I can't seem to find the interview I was talking about, it's mostly assumptions. I'm sure I've seen something about how it was to support the 3DS without spending too much, but it's probably a mix of posts here, vague interviews from the CEO, and some development details.
I'd love if we had more development budget details in this industry in general as well, even if it can be understandable to be vague about it.
Oh, right. I saw his reply, but i didnt pay attention to what his username was =)

No worries regarding finding the interview. Yeah, it would be cool if we could get some more info regarding game budgets, even if its more vague.

For the Sequel was available on eShop at a budger price for those who purchased the original one. Why should people bought the same game twice when they could get a discounted update? Also, For the Sequel did not receive any Limited or Special Edition, so incentives to re-purchase the game at full price were nihil.

To support the developer.... I can't say for sure but I have bought Persona 3 like 5 times for little reason.

LOCK

I think BD did ok. There are things against it such as time of year, some people maybe waiting for a "for the sequel" release, and I guess advertising.

Let's hope it has legs.

So next week could see two Wii U releases over 50k each. That's a rare sight. I think BD opens around 80k with the bundle and DQ is around 70k. I hope both do better than that.

Kudo

Are those numbers for Bravely Second good or bad? Should we expect Third? Sell-through seems kinda low at 40-60%.. Too early to say?

Great to see Cinderella Girls G4U! up there and Bloodborne on Famitsus list somehow hanging in there.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I thought bravely default was pretty dull. It also had a title financial professionals should find offensive. Nice presentation but genuinely bizarre game design.

Mory Dunz

What happened to Bravely Default?

Not sales wise.

I mean, when the game came out all I heard was postive praise for it. I assumed it was really good. Recently, I haven't heard a good thing about the game. Weird.

To support the developer.... I can't say for sure but I have bought Persona 3 like 5 times for little reason.

Later versions of Persona 3 were not available as digital upgrades, otherwise would most of the people have spent 50-60$ instead of 20$ to get the update? Also, note that For the Sequel was a gameplay update but not a content update: no new jobs, no new towns / dungeon, no new characters, unlike later versions of Persona 3 (P3P was also on an entirely other platform).

Top Bottom