• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2017 (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

duckroll

08./13. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990) - 10.066 / 245.418 (+6%)

This is really impressive. I think this budget re-release has now outsold the original PS4 GTAV, after 15 months.

Ratrat

KH2.8 has new content. Also KH3 hype is starting up now with FF15 out of the way and Utada back from hiatus. Even that crap remix charted on itunes.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
KH2 on its own sold just about 4 million copies. Can KH3 do that LTD? If Japan sells 500k, it would be up to the rest of the world to sell 3.5 million...i hope the hype is there and the marketing is sound

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
PS4 sales seem steady!
As Pokemon and Mario Maker ones.
Good ssales for Momotato too and Dangarompa on Vita.

07./16. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.12.15} (¥4.800) - 19.080 / 598.079 <80-100%> (+86%)
11./07. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura # <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.07.16} (¥4.800) - 7.901 / 1.443.528 <80-100%> (-64%)

So, YW3 with its 3 versions sold more than 2 millions copies, retail only, in Japan. A clear decrease, but still VERY relevant.

Inuhanyou

Please let Gravity Rush 2 perform well this week. Please.

if it makes you feel a little less nervous, its currently at #1 on Amazon.jp

Not an indicator of overall sales, but it seems to be selling somewhere

hiska-kun

PS3 VS PS4
ps4_zpsjz8ufnog.jpg

Pokemon XY VS Pokemon SunMoon (in two weeks the dream is over)
pokemon_zps5sc91ofr.jpg

Super Mario Maker Wii U VS 3DS (race to million)
MarioMaker_zpsntwrhz7q.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
KH2 on its own sold just about 4 million copies. Can KH3 do that LTD? If Japan sells 500k, it would be up to the rest of the world to sell 3.5 million...i hope the hype is there and the marketing is sound
I always thought this series was bigger than 4 million. Is there a Chance it won't sell that? Seems like it should be able to easy.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
PS3 VS PS4
ps4_zpsjz8ufnog.jpg

Pokemon XY VS Pokemon SunMoon (in two weeks the dream is over)
pokemon_zps5sc91ofr.jpg

Super Mario Maker Wii U VS 3DS (race to million)
MarioMaker_zpsntwrhz7q.jpg

I still struggle to see why many people still think that PS4 will start to lose againt PS3 soon :\
Maaan, Mario Maker is HOT on 3ds (especially considering how it performed well also on Wii u!)

Inuhanyou

I always thought this series was bigger than 4 million. Is there a Chance it won't sell that? Seems like it should be able to easy.

What gave you that impression? :p That was new sales back in PS2 days, but of course the franchise is way bigger due to used sales, re-releases, other games ect.

I think the potential is there to sell pretty well for KH3, but SE has to not cock up letting as many people know as they can when its finally time

Branduil

I hadn't thought about this before, but Minecraft Switch will probably be the first edition of Minecraft that's on a console Japanese people actually buy, won't it? I wonder how high it could go if Minecraft Vita can reach 1 million.

Inuhanyou

I still struggle to see why many people still think that PS4 will start to lose againt PS3 soon :\

PS4 has a stellar year of content to keep momentum and excitement in the platform going globally. And unlike back in the PS3 days around the same time period, western games are more popular in Japan than ever before.

I expect Horizon to do over 100k easily

cheesekao

I hadn't thought about this before, but Minecraft Switch will probably be the first edition of Minecraft that's on a console Japanese people actually buy, won't it? I wonder how high it could go if Minecraft Vita can reach 1 million.
It's nice to be hopeful I guess.

Geg

There's that 50%+ drop I was expecting for FFXV, oh well. It'll probably reach a million eventually but it'll likely take over a year at this rate

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What gave you that impression? :p That was new sales back in PS2 days, but of course the franchise is way bigger due to used sales, re-releases, other games ect.

I think the potential is there to sell pretty well for KH3, but SE has to not cock up letting as many people know as they can when its finally time
Do you think they will keep remixing simple and clean long after utada is dead? Maybe for kingdom hearts 4 in 2067.

duckroll

16./11. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600) - 4.940 / 275.984 (-63%)

?

Inuhanyou

Do you think they will keep remixing simple and clean long after utada is dead? Maybe for kingdom hearts 4 in 2067.

If she comes back for KH3, i think they will just use that song forever and re-orchestrate it and remix it and then interchange it with Hikari and Passion ad nauseum

maxcriden

Not at 30000 Yen with Zelda as it's flagship it won't.

This is my concern as well. I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to release switch around Splatoon and Zelda in JP. I guess fans in each region knowing the game they want wouldn't have been thrilled about that, though (I guess with Splatoon though not much knowledge of Japanese would be needed for Western fans). I'm very curious how Zelda will sell.

08./13. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990) - 10.066 / 245.418 (+6%)

This is really impressive. I think this budget re-release has now outsold the original PS4 GTAV, after 15 months.

I wonder if GTAV's success in the West finally got Nintendo to take more notice of its success. I'd be very curious (and I imagine many Western publishers would be) to see how even a GTAV port would perform on Switch.

BriBri

Is Miitopia the last Mii-related product Nintendo put out? Look like they don't want any of that near their new child Switch.
It's interesting you say that with the death of Miiverse and the lack of Miis in the Switch line-up that I'm inclined to believe this may actually be true.

KHlover

Banned
Did KH 1.5 and 2.5 have similar long names in the MC list?

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts Final Mix/Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories/Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days>

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix/Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix/Kingdom Hearts ReCoded>

?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
16./11. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600) - 4.940 / 275.984 (-63%)

?

I don't think you can say that the Wii U was a console that Japan "actually bought".
I think he was implying (wrongly, to me) that Switch could be seen as a 3DS successor in terms of hw sales popularity (unlinke Vita and Wii U) and so arguing if Minecraft could become even an hottest seller than it has been so far

Ydelnae

I'm surprised to see that 2.8 outsold 1.5 and 2.5's first week sales. However, I don't think the hype is there for KH3 to catch KH2 numbers, Japan or overseas. I'd love for it to do well, though.

If she comes back for KH3, i think they will just use that song forever and re-orchestrate it and remix it and then interchange it with Hikari and Passion ad nauseum

They should just record an EP like Florence did so other tracks can be used for spin-offs.

Toth

There's that 50%+ drop I was expecting for FFXV, oh well. It'll probably reach a million eventually but it'll likely take over a year at this rate

IMHO It's not going to gain any traction until the updates / upgrades are detailed and/or DLC dates are announced.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2017 (Jan 09 - Jan 15)
02./00. [PSV] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2017.01.12} (¥6.400) - 76.166 / NEW
03./00. [PS4] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2017.01.12} (¥7.400) - 40.006 / NEW

This should tell you everything about why nintendo is going with an underpowered home console and an overpowered handheld in the Switch.

maxcriden

PS3/360 version? Lol.

Yep, it would have to be the PS/360 version or a downgraded PS4/One version. But, I'd still be curious how it would perform. There's been an ongoing debate for well over a decade as to whether the biggest M-rated third party games would find an audience on a Nintendo system, so it would be good to get some hard evidence one way or the other. (In all candor, I wouldn't be buying it, just not my thing, but, still very curious how it would perform.)

Fisico

24./00. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400) - 3.581 / 161.074 <80-100%>

Checking Dengeki I've noticed that for a while but it's crazy the legs Siege had, it's gonna outsell the latest Call of Duty and might be able to match BF1 at this pace

FW numbers

09./00. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥9.072) - 27.027 / NEW <60-80%>

duckroll

Yep, it would have to be the PS/360 version or a downgraded PS4/One version. But, I'd still be curious how it would perform. There's been an ongoing debate for well over a decade as to whether the biggest M-rated third party games would find an audience on a Nintendo system, so it would be good to get some hard evidence one way or the other. (In all candor, I wouldn't be buying it, just not my thing, but, still very curious how it would perform.)

Well GTAV has already sold well over a million in Japan between PS3 and PS4 now. How much more of a market could there be? Even if people who like that sort of game might also own a Switch, I think they would have already bought it before.

~Cross~

This should tell you everything about why nintendo is going with an underpowered home console and an overpowered handheld in the Switch.

????

A traditionally portable game series does better on a portable system that has a way bigger install base than the console all the while the portable version sells about as much as the previous entry in the series.

The only thing to gleam from this is that a unified system in this case would have actually been detrimental to the total sales because the home console sales seem to have been the only growth to the series (maybe some people double dipping?)

Top Bottom