• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2012 (May 28 - Jun 03)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
About the West, with NSMB2 things will start moving more, there's no doubt about it.

However, this is one of those few occasions where a remake debuts far better than the original: DQM: Terry's Wonderland debuted with something like 300k on GB. Then it had monstrous legs, but still.

Bruno MB

Level 5 have lost their midas touch.

First that debacle called Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and this year their two new IP's have performed really bad. In fact Girls RPG: Cinderella Life and Guild01 are practically on par with their Professor Tago's Mind Exercises series.

Oh and yeah those sales are just crazy. Expect some Final Fantasy remakes - woot! :D
Square Enix still have some life in them

3DS sales got a sweet bump. Should stay reasonably high next week from past experience anyway.

Vita seems to be twitching. Something is holding onto life.
Elsewhere sales are pretty dead. Mario Kart/Land showing life though.

Bigger news than DQ selling ridiculous amounts is pretty great second week from Dragon's Dogma. 500k is withing its reach. Also as great as 3DS HW is selling it starts to look that 3DS will never reach the heights of DS as even with DQ it can't sell over average week of DS in 2006.

Nibel

Damn, these are pretty nice DQ numbers overall. Those Mario games are crazy, too, and I'm really glad that Fire Emblem does well.

I wonder where this does put DQX. What does Japan think of a DQ console MMO?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Clearly Sony's stellar backing of the Vita at E3 is responsible for it's huge jump in sales.

I mean, who wouldn't be excited for a 30-second clip of Vita's version of AC3 and a screenshot of the logo for Call of Duty?

Jokeropia

Why would it if Mario Land and Mario Kart couldnt?
What makes you think they didn't? 3DS had a monster holiday worldwide thanks to those games and it's still doing better than before they were released. The price drop played a part as well of course, but wouldn't have helped very much on it's own.

Celine

I'm totally expecting an eShop release game by game.
I really hope so for Crimson Shroud.

What makes you think they didn't? 3DS had a monster holiday worldwide thanks to those games and it's still doing better than before they were released. The price drop played a part as well of course, but wouldn't have helped very much on it's own.
Yep, 3DS indeed rebound in western markets too following the price cut + Nintendo key software combo.
Momentum isn't as strong as DS explosion after the Lite introduction (+ Nintendo key software) but it's not catastrofic.
Also we are in a relative slow period of the year (and economy is slowing down).

Meier

Dang, I hope we get Guild 01 here in the US.. I know the odds are slim especially after this, but it seems like such a great concept. Maybe they can release 01 and 02 together here in one package? (wishful thinking)

Jokeropia

The fact that it's not selling well outside of the holiday season.
It's selling decently which is a notable improvement from before. NSMB (and eventually Pokemon) will just need to provide comparable boosts. Additionally, it's the accumulation of these titles that does it rather than any singular release. Mario Kart DS was released in 2005, NSMB in 2006 and Pokemon D&P in 2007 (in the west). DS best years was 2008/2009.

Bruno MB

17./00. [PSP] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works) - 3,982 / NEW

I almost overlook this flop.

[PS3] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - 32,992 / 45,530
[360] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - 4,766 / 6,182
[PSV] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - 9,096 / 15,179

[PSP] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - 23,808 / 52,959
[3DS] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - 5,726 / 12,345

muu

Guild01 deserved the poor sales. They pulled off the equivalent of releasing a game the same time CoD comes out. A new, untested IP of all things, too. It's a damn shame though, as the games in the mix are really, really fun.

For next week, it'll be interesting to see if the Nikkei redesign rumor affects 3DS sales.

wrowa

It's kind of crazy to think that at  the current rate the Vita will need more than 3 months to sell what the 3DS did in this week alone.

Yikes @ Guild01.

Didn't they already annouce Guild02 as well?

They did, but keep in mind that the games are reallly cheap to make, so that the involved risk is very low.

Still, Guild01's sales are very diasappointing. I hoped that it would sell at least 30k in its first week, but it's not even close sadly. 

I really like the idea to let known designers develop experimental mini-games, but the market apparently disagrees. 

olimpia84

Amazing sales for Dragon Quest, I wasn't expecting those big numbers at all.
Also, I'm happy to see Kid Icarus back in the top 20 :)

Oxx

Good opening for DQ, but it might have a steep road ahead of it if rumours of sell-outs are true, and Pokemon B&W2 and the slow summer period cutting into its legs.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess my 400k prediction for DQM came pretty close. :p

lol, among all the E3 ruckus forgot about media create

apparently, at least DQ isn't suffering from franchise fatigue; I think it sold well considering it's a remake?

--
G01 selling LTD 20k will probably make it profitable lol; how much would that amount in revenue, 100my? I think that would be more than enough to cover the cost, lol

Top Bottom