• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2017 (Jul 17 - Jul 23)

We would have known the upper limit if this was only available on PS4.
Indeed, but since that isn't the case we have to go with the game that has moved the most software and assume that to be the threshold until something else pushes past it. Before DQXI it was FFXV that was assumed to be the upper limit.

Personally, I am interested in how Sen no Kiseki III will do without a Vita version.

Ys VIII did pretty well on PS4. Now of course Ys and Kiseki are different things, but they're both Falcom games. I have good faith Sen no Kiseki III will do well without a Vita version.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That's higher than what I expected for the PS4 version, thhe 3DS one falls into my expectations. Overall, didn't expect the debut to be so near DQIX's.

Yes, it's true, the 3DS version would have surely sold more if it was released like 1-2 years ago, when the platform was healthier as a whole, and it's entirely possible it could've reached 2 millions on 3DS alone back then...but the multi-platform approach still worked pretty well for SE, even more than I expected.

3DS hardware numbers are high, it was a good idea to have a special model of the recently released cheaper model alongside its launch.
PS4 numbers are a bit lower than what could be expected given how high the game's debut was, and they haven't shattred the Japanese market [semicit.], but they're still good.

For both, it will be interesting to see the post-launch performance, especially considering how both platforms won't have such relevant lineups in the immediate future. Actually, later I'll post the lineups for both consoles up to the end of the year, in order to have a clearer idea of the situation.

Source: Gamefaqs

PS4

08/03

Crash Bandicoot: Buttobi San-dan Mori!

08/10

Grand Ages: Medieval (Ubi the Best)
Hitman
RockMan Classics Collection 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Best Hits)
Uncharted Collection (Best Hits)

8/17

Dragon's Dogma Online (Season 3 Limited Edition)
Zero Escape: Toki no Dilemma

8/24

Code:Realize - Bouquet of Rainbows
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition
Shin Jigen Game Neptune VIIR
The Lost Child
White Day: Gakkou Toiuna no Meikyuu
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

8/31

Biohazard: Revelations (Unveiled Edition)
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity
New Minna no Golf
Yoru no Nai Kuni 2: Shingetsu no Hanayome

9/06

Destiny 2

9/07

Iwaihime: Matsuri
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kono Yokubukai Game ni Shinpan o!
Senko no Ronde 2

9/14

F1 2017
Hoshiori Yume Mirai: Converted Edition
Raiden V: Director's Cut
Uncharted: Kodai Kami no Hihou
Winning Eleven 2018

9/15

NBA 2K18

9/21

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Patapon
Project Cars 2

9/28

Eiyuu Densetsu: Akatsuki no Kiseki
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki III
Genkai Tokki: Castle Panzers
Knack: Futari no Eiyuu to Kodai Heidan
Maitetsu
MotoGP 17
OCCULTIC;NINE
Refrain no Chika Meikyuu to Majo no Ryodan

9/29

FIFA 18

10/05

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3

10/10

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

10/12

Date-A-Live: Rio Reincarnation HD
Lost Sphear

10/14

No Heroes Allowed! VR

10/19

Gran Turismo Sport (Limited Edition)
Kyoei Toshi
Psycho Break 2
The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game

10/26

Amaekata wa Kanojo Nari ni.
Sengo Muramasa DX: Guren no Kettou
Taiko no Tatsujin: Session de Dodon ga Don!
Tsuki ni Yori Sou Otome no Sahou: Hidamari no Hibi
Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome wa Machigatteiru. & Zoku: Oatome Set

10/27

Assassin's Creed: Origins

11/03

COD: WWII

11/10

Need for Speed: Payback

11/17

Star Wars: Battlefront II
The Sims 4

11/22

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX

11/30

Game Tengoku: Cruisin Mix
Little Witch Academia: Toki no Mahou to Nanafushigi

3DS

8/03

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo

8/10

The Snack World: TreJarers

8/24

Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero 3D - Narita / Haneda All Stars Pack

(731

Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon 2 (10th Anniversary Box)
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Ghost of the Dusk

9/14

RockMan Classics Collection (Best Price!)

9/15

Metroid: Samus Returns

9/28

Fire Emblem Warriors (New 3DS Only)

10/26

12-Sai. Torokeru Puzzle Futari no Harmony
PriPara Idol Time: Yume All-Star Live!
Rune Factory 4 (Best Collection)
Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey

11/16

Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisechi: Ninki no Omise Atsume Maseta

11/17

Pokèmon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon

11/23

Beyblade: Burst God

Feel free to bring up potential missing games from both lists

Fdkn

what defines 'important'? because we spend weeks or months talking about Arms or Xenoblade and I don't see Destiny 2 selling less than them

L~A

The streak of seemingly random port/remakes/revivals of old games on Nintendo Switch continues. This time, it's J.B. Harold Murder Club (by Riverhillsoft). Publisher is mebius. Release date? August 10th.

Edit: oops, forgot source link. Here it is: https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201708020041/
Edit 2: damn it, looks like Rika Suzuki (CiNG) worked on that game *__*

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Basically people started buying into the Pokemon Switch rumors hard and were disappointed when USUM were revealed(which is probably why they had to reassure fans that they are working on a Switch game in the E3 video). TPC also hasn't talked about the game since it was announced and some are starting to get frustrated over the lack of news. At least that's what I've seen.

Internet reactions (and GAF is even worse) are most of the times far from reality. When Stars rumors came out we had numerous cancelled preorders for Sun/Moon.

Sale, sale, money, sale, summer, Steam, Sony, Microsoft deals, bla bla bla, I hate this period of the year the most: it keeps remind me how I'm just a "consumer" and nothing more for them...

Alrus

what defines 'important'? because we spend weeks or months talking about Arms or Xenoblade and I don't see Destiny 2 selling less than them

Outside of this week I don't remember much talk about Xenoblade. Talks seem to mostly focus on the title not being at all big enough to be the sole holiday release from Nintendo on the Switch.

ARMS was the first notable exclusive game for the Switch after launch that isn't a port, of course it's going to get people talking (and it's also going to sell more than Destiny 2 in the end).

There's no need to frame everything as being fanboy biased.

Sale, sale, money, sale, summer, Steam, Sony, Microsoft deals, bla bla bla, I hate this period of the year the most: it keeps remind me how I'm just a "consumer" and nothing more for them...

Not really sure what the purpose of this post is but duh, you are just a consumer for them. Which is why emotional investment toward a company is always so hilarious.

Nibel

So, uh, what's the next thing to look forward sales-wise now that DQXI is out ?

Seems like it'll take a bit until we'll see another juggernaut like DQXI; here's a short list with notable releases that will probably cause some discussions in these threads (lazily put this together so sorry for any mistakes)

August
Sonic Mania
Everybody's Golf 2017
One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Switch/PS4/PC)
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 & 2 Special Edition
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo
The Snack World: TreJarers
Crash Bandicoot: Buttobi San-dan Mori!
RockMan Classics Collection 2
Dragon's Dogma Online (Season 3 Limited Edition)
Biohazard: Revelations (Unveiled Edition)
Monster Hunter XX: Double Cross Nintendo Switch Ver.

September
Knack II
Fire Emblem Warriors
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch)
Pokken (Switch)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
RockMan Classics Collection (Best Price!)
Destiny 2
Uncharted: Kodai Kami no Hihou
FIFA 18 (ICON Edition)
Dragon Quest X: All In One Package
Star Fox 2

October
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
The Evil Within 2/Psycho Break 2
Gran Turismo Sport
City Shrouded in Shadow
Super Mario Odyssey
Rune Factory 4 (Best Collection)
Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey
Lost Sphear

November
Call of Duty: WWII
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Star Wars Battlefront II
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX

LordKano

Seems like it'll take a bit until we'll see another juggernaut like DQXI; here's a short list with notable releases that will probably cause some discussions in these threads (lazily put this together so sorry for any mistakes)

August
Sonic Mania
Everybody's Golf 2017
One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Switch/PS4/PC)

September
Knack II
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch)
Pokken (Switch)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
Star Fox 2

October
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
The Evil Within 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Gran Turismo Sport
City Shrouded in Shadow
Super Mario Odyssey

November
Call of Duty: WWII
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Star Wars Battlefront II

Thanks. You used western dates ? Because there's a few mistakes, like Mario + Rabbids is actually planned for 2018 in Japan and Fire Emblem Warriors is for September 29th IIRC.

Sandfox

Internet reactions (and GAF is even worse) are most of the times far from reality. When Stars rumors came out we had numerous cancelled preorders for Sun/Moon.

There were even "insiders" on GAF saying that Nintendo was furious over the leak.

I'm expecting the news to start coming this month, but it's not going to be anything like the constant reveals we got with SM.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm shocked there are not one, but two different Persona dancing games coming out. I suppose they're basically going Pokemon / YW this time.

Again, Persona Q2 for 3DS is not surprising, considering its basis. Speaking of which, is it going to be the last EO-based game for 3DS? Atlus said that there won't be another mainline entry, the Persona-themed spin-off is already announced and E:MD2 is out this month. The last potential re-use of the EO engine / classic mechanics would be a EOIII remake, IMHO.

Persona Q2 indeed a Nintendo 3DS game, as most people expected. No date given yet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414549
Can't deny I am disappointed. Avoiding that thread because port begging is banned though :p

I have already invested a lot on a Switch with 128 GB Micro SD, Protector, Cover, Zelda and Mario Kart. Might as well just accept that 3DS isn't dying anytime soon.

Malik selling his Switch as we speak :D
You interested? ;)

Hellraider

Yeah I can see them ending it with EO III U. It would be a step too far on the saturation than I expected (I didnt see MD2 coming) but it is quite plausible with Atlus M.O.

Mr Swine

Banned
So uh is Altus not gonna support Switch other than that SMT game that is supposed multiplatform? Vita as a dead console is getting a new game (we'll dance game)

Top Bottom