• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2012 (Jul 23 - Jul 29)

Pooya

Namco Bandai Q1

capture25fjlv.jpg

If the 3DS can keep up ~60K a week for the rest of the year, it's a lock for 8M LTD.
That shouldn't be too hard as it was averaging a little over 70K prior to the XL anouncement. On top of the usual nintendo holiday bump. Although nintendo should be having its fall conference or at least another nintendo direct soon as everything september and onward looks barren/ don't have concrete dates. Most of august looks barren for the 3ds but I assume 3rd parties moved out of the way for nsmb2 and oni training.

GCX

That shouldn't be too hard as it was averaging a little over 70K prior to the XL anouncement. On top of the usual nintendo holiday bump. Although nintendo should be having its fall conference or at least another nintendo direct soon as everything september and onward looks barren/ don't have concrete dates. Most of august looks barren for the 3ds but I assume 3rd parties moved out of the way for nsmb2 and oni training.
I'd expect a new Nintendo Direct within few weeks with Iwata going through the next two or so months of 3DS releases.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo Directs have been so far always bimonthly, around the 22nd-25th of the month. So, in August. They could even announce the Fall Conference for September at the next Nintendo Direct.

DrWong

CESA: 1.46 Trillion Yen of Japanese Gaming Hardware and Software Shipped in 2011.

Didn't see it reported on GAF. Sorry if already known.
The latest issue of the yearly white paper on the video game market issued by Japan's Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association (CESA) has reported that a total of 1.4575 trillion yen (about US$18.6 billion) worth of Japanese video gaming hardware and software was shipped in total over 2011, down 340 billion yen (about US$4.33 billion) from 2010.

The most-shipped video game title in 2011, according to the report, was Mario Kart 7 with 1.47 million copies shipped.
More datas in the link.

Nintendo Directs have been so far always bimonthly, around the 22nd-25th of the month. So, in August. They could even announce the Fall Conference for September at the next Nintendo Direct.
Just seems crazy to leave so many unknown variables to anounce only 1-2 months before launch.

smbu2000

I pulled out of making it since there's little point. Nobody but people who are actually in Japan can play it, and of those who are in Japan here on GAF, few have actually expressed interest. But if they want to make a thread for it, they can.

Yeah, that online is a real problem (I know it's an MMO.) I was thinking about getting the game myself, but I'm visiting the US in two weeks, so I would be losing out on the "free play time" included with the game. I'd also rather not pay a monthly fee.

On a side note, I was at Bic Camera (Nagoya) for a little this evening (Thurs.) and I saw 3 people buying the DQX + Wii console + usb stick bundle. I was surprised since I can't remember the last time I saw somebody buy a Wii, let alone three sold in the few minutes I was there.

I was just there to pick up the new DQM: Terry guidebook that just released. ;-p

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
New releases {2012.08.09}

[PSV] orgarhythm <ACT> (Acquire) (¥3.990)
[PSV] Ginsei Shogi: Kyoutendo Toufuu Raijin <TBL> (SilverStar) (¥5.040)

[NDS] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Ouen Tokka-Han Chuushou Kigyou Shindanshi Shiken <EDU> (Media-5) (¥2.500)
[NDS] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Ouen Tokka-Han Shouken Gaimuin Nishu Shiken <EDU> (Media-5) (¥2.500)
[NDS] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Ouen Tokka-Han Hanbaishi Kentei Shiken 2-Kyuu 3-Kyuu <EDU> (Media-5) (¥2.500)
[NDS] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! Ouen Tokka-Han TAC Koumuin Shiken <EDU> (Media-5) (¥2.500)

[PSP] Kuroko no Basuke: Kiseke no Shiai <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.230)
[PSP] L.G.S: Shinsetsu Houshinengi # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.090)
[PSP] L.G.S: Shinsetsu Houshinengi [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Aoi Umi no Tristia Portable: Nanoca Flanka Hatsumei Koubouki <ADV> (CyberFront) (¥5.040)
[PSP] Aoi Sora no Neosphere Portable: Nanoca Flanka Hatsumei Koubouki 2 <ADV> (CyberFront) (¥5.040)
[PSP] Aoi Umi no Tristia: 10th Anniversary Memorial Pack <ADV> (CyberFront) (¥15.540)

[PS3] Sniper Elite V2 <ACT> (Ubisoft) (¥7.329)
[PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Full Version (EA Perfect Best) <ACT> (Electronic Arts) (¥2.940)

[360] Sniper Elite V2 <ACT> (Ubisoft) (¥7.329)

Wii price and release date was announced mid-September.
What about online strategy, drm features, no japanese launch lineup anounced, lots of unknown/unofficially anounced titles, etc. I knew there were a lot of unknown variables for wii/3ds but I didn't think this much was unknown.

Why not? NSMB2 had just two days, and the precedent titles in the brand had the ability to sell a lot during the days following the launch day. It could do even 350k next week.

Think about why. Previous titles were released on a Thursday. NSMB2 was released Saturday so it had the two strongest days for sales already.

DrWong

Think about why. Previous titles were released on a Thursday. NSMB2 was released Saturday so it had the two strongest days for sales already.
I'm not sure it changes something as you can also reverse the logic: how many sales for the first 2 days of the DS version ? 400k ? 800k in a week of 4 days? If NSMB 2 sales are on par or not to low compared to the DS version in the same time frame I think there's a chance. If.

http://andriasang.com/con24o/dqx_ten_year_plan/

Nikkei (via Inside Gamer) reports that the game will get major version up revisions every ten weeks. Square Enix plans on offering download content for the game for around ten years, according to the paper.

Producer Yosuke Saito previously mentioned the ten week update plan at Twitter (see this story), but did not mention that download content support would continue for ten years.

We'll see. They must really be betting on the Wii U version or plan on releasing a PC version because I highly doubt people will be playing this game on the Wii for another decade.

Basically it sounds like there will be an update out with the release of the wii u. Just an added kick to push sales of both the game and the console, and entice double dipping.

Dalthien

They must really be betting on the Wii U version or plan on releasing a PC version because I highly doubt people will be playing this game on the Wii for another decade.

I'm guessing the thinking is that most people who are playing DQX on the Wii this year will eventually pick up a WiiU sometime in the next few years, and they'll still be able to play their Wii copy on the WiiU if they don't want to shell out for the updated WiiU version.

Dystify

I'm guessing the thinking is that most people who are playing DQX on the Wii this year will eventually pick up a WiiU sometime in the next few years, and they'll still be able to play their Wii copy on the WiiU if they don't want to shell out for the updated WiiU version.

This is what I've been meaning to ask: Can Wii DQX accounts or characters simply be transferred to the Wii U version?

This is what I've been meaning to ask: Can Wii DQX accounts or characters simply be transferred to the Wii U version?
character data are stored on the server side , so at least technically, it is impossible NOT to be transferable; iirc, apparently cross-platform play will also be possible

Mpl90

With over 400,000 units sold in its first two days, New Super Mario Bros. 2 was easily last week's top seller. But retailers have plenty of stock left for those who are waiting.

Media Create reports a low 41.56% sell-through for the game. This low figure may be due to intentional over shipping as Nintendo anticipated demand during the coming Obon and summer break holiday period. A sales boost during these periods would be typical for Nintendo, Media Create notes.

At the other end of the sell-through scale was Persona 4 Arena, which sold 128,000 on PS3 and 10,000 on Xbox 360. Both versions sold over 90% of stock.

The 128,000 figure makes Arena PS3's fastest selling fighter. The previous record holder was Tekken 6, which sold 103,000 units in its first week in October 2009.

Media Create Top 50

3DS - 19
PSP - 11
WII - 8
PS3 - 7
VITA - 3
360 - 1
DS - 1

Other news.

Winning Eleven 2013 - PS3 - 10/04/12 - 7,980 Yen
Little Big Planet PSVita - Vita - 09/20/12 - 3,980 Yen (3,200 Yen on PSN)

Mpl90

Let's wait for Chris for DQX's first day...and I hope also for news about how Mario is doing in its second week.

Top Bottom