• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2013 (Aug 12 - Aug 18)

saichi

Now I saw it. There's also an update about Conception II 3DS: more than 30% of sell-through in its first week (since its shipment was 30k, this means around 10k).

Instead of W101, Conception II will sell 10101 copies this week?

Look on the bright side lost planet 3 will take 101s bomba of the year soon

Also even if ps4 sells 5 million more than ps3 the market will decline thanks to wiiu and one will also not sell as "well" as 360

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Initial shipments from sinobi

[PS3] Dungeons & Dragons Collection: Mystara Eiyuu Senki - 50K
[PS3] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice - 80K
[PSV] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice - 40K
[PSV] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu - 60K
[3DS] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu - 30K
[WIU] The Wonderful 101 - 30K

First day sellthrough:

[PS3] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice - 40%
[PSV] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice - 30%
[PSV] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu - 30%
[PS3] Dungeons & Dragons Collection: Mystara Eiyuu Senki - 40%

First week sellthrough

[3DS] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu > 30% (4 days)
[WIU] The Wonderful 101 < 30% (2 days)

Donos

Even though i don't have a Wii U i think Wonderful 101 is a really nice game and it's sad to see it bomb that hard. I don't want/need a only Shooter/AAAA future.

Exile20

First week sellthrough

[3DS] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu > 30% (4 days)

Should we have faith that famitsu and media create would say something different?

This is really unfortunate, still waiting for NA release.

Somnid

Even though i don't have a Wii U i think Wonderful 101 is a really nice game and it's sad to see it bomb that hard. I don't want/need a only Shooter/AAAA future.

This is Japan, you're looking a mobile, moe, social card game collecting future.

test_account

XP-39C²
You wont see that regardless of how The Wonderful 101 sells, especially not from japanese game publishers. Western games also have much variation, we see more focus on small budget and indie titles now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
japanese wii u owners failing at life, smh...

Guys I figured out how to simultaneously save and doom the Japanese gaming market.

Love Plus on mobile devices. F2P. Microtransactions. Nene complains if you don't shower her with gifts.

On a different note, how many of you think Wii U hardware will dip below 10k sold this week given W101's non-performance?

Frodo

I think it is just very easy just to blame "Wii U owners". I've already said this before, but if this game fail it wont be only Wii U owner's fault, it is every gamer's fault. I'm not expecting people to have spare money to buy a console to play TW101, but if it is a problem it is a problem with gaming in general, and not only exclusive to Wii U owners.

The game is amazing and is everything people complaining about the industry stagnating in a few genres and titles that are basically all the same keep on saying games should be. It is a new IP, it has its own style, it has challenge and minimal hand holding, it has a deep combat system and tons of unlockables. Has a long main single player that is filled with Easter eggs for the gamers, and it can be replayed over and over again. But still people will just ignore it and buy the same old games again. We have seen this happen before. We've seen Okami be completely ignored on the PS2 even with its ridiculous install base. We've seen Bayonetta struggling to sell 1.3 million across two successful platforms. And this is only to mention two other games made by Kamiya.

For a fan of the genre it is really sad to me. Gives me a felling this type of games will either be westernised to appeal to a greater audience or maybe will cease to exist completely or become smaller games made by indies or smaller studios that will be released ever so few and far between (which already happens now). Sad. Very sad.

Hopefully word of mouth will help to make the game sell better on the long run, but it still is very disappointing.

Scum

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 1.8m
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 750k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) - 120k
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 55k
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 115k
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 75k
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 45k
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 345k

Frodo

Can't face the facts eh? Ignoring me won't change a damn thing with regards to 101's poor ass performance.

You know I'm right lol ;)

Bah, you won't even be reading this.

No one thought TW101 would sell much. And I guess you are probably ignoring more facts celebrating a game like this is bombing than everyone that doesn't need or want to be reminded of something that was already widely predicted.

But if it makes you feel better about or validate your choices, go ahead.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Are we going to get some 9-12k figure on Wednesday because jesus christ. Thats just a dead platform for anything other than decade long strong IP's at best.

Glass Rebel

Can't face the facts eh? Ignoring me won't change a damn thing with regards to 101's poor ass performance.

You know I'm right lol ;)

Bah, you won't even be reading this.

Being right about something everybody has been saying since it was announced isn't much of an accomplishment.

Question is, why are you so happy about it.

I understand that a lot of people are excited for W101, but did anyone honestly expect this game to sell even decently? It's as niche as can be; perfect for GAF, not for the general market.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So everyone knew from the beginning W101 would sell 10k first week. Since everything is so obvious for Wii U how much will the system seller 3D World sell?

Frodo

So everyone knew from the beginning W101 would sell 10k first week. Since everything is so obvious for Wii U how much will the system seller 3D World sell?

I don't remember anyone saying it would sell 10k, but no one was saying it would sell 100k+ either. People have just been expecting low sales. I was expecting it would at least break 30k, which became very apparent wouldn't happen when they announced the size of the first shipment (but optimistically wishing it would make 55k+ before that) and I guess most predictions were around that mark.

I just don't know what do this people hope to accomplish by celebrating this.

Edit: Actually people did predict 10k for TW101

Prediction League August, 2013

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jul 29 to Aug 25):

[PS3+360] Killer Is Dead (25 days) - 30.000
[3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (25 days) - 75.000
[3DS] One Piece: Romance Dawn - Bouken no Yoake (18 days) - 85.000
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III (4 days) - 105.000
[3DS+PSV] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu (4 days) - 75.000
[WIU] The Wonderful 101 (2 days) - 10.100

There.

Scum

I don't remember anyone saying it would sell 10k, but no one was saying it would sell 100k+ either. People have just been expecting low sales. I was expecting it would at least break 30k, which became very apparent wouldn't happen when they announced the size of the first shipment (but optimistically wishing it would make 55k+ before that) and I guess most predictions were around that mark.

I just don't know what do this people hope to accomplish by celebrating this.

Eh. You're going to see this alot but you shouldn't worry about it, mate. It's up to Iwata & Co. to pull their finger out and make the WiiU a valuable product to avoid these crappy sales.
Besides, you have the game, right? Enjoy it. :D

Majmun

W101 bombing is pretty shocking. Especially after all the Wii U game droughts. You'd think the Wii U userbase is waiting for a new, good and exciting game to be released on the system.

And W101 is exactly that. But they're not interested.

Nibel

Just played a round of TW101 and yeah - Japanese Wii U gamers must live under a rock :lol Nintendo really failed with building a healthy user base for that system

And grow up @ ambientmystic

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just played a round of TW101 and yeah - Japanese Wii U gamers must live under a rock :lol Nintendo really failed with building a healthy user base for that system

You should start wondering if they actually exist, after all...I fear lots of even Nintendo titles will suffer on Wii U at this point, even main Mario titles. It's just with a painful and massive stigma, and it won't ever have the support it needs to threw it away.

I think the main problem is that they just didn't advertise it enough. Most japanese Wii U owners are probably wondering just what the hell the game is about.

Orgen

I'm still expecting more than 20.000 first week for Wonderful 101 (yeah, optimist to the death) and 3D world will sell more than 200.000 FW and more than 500.000 LTD... (So probably only 100.000 FW and 300.000 LTD brbrbr :p)

Scum

Iwata can start by chasing after the 6yr-60yr old [Everyone] instead of the 18yr-35yr old [Male] market.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

Is this post meant for more than like 1 or 2 people? You seem to have this habit of arguing against literally 1% of posters in this thread.

Glass Rebel

You should start wondering if they actually exist, after all...I fear lots of even Nintendo titles will suffer on Wii U at this point, even main Mario titles. It's just with a painful and massive stigma, and it won't ever have the support it needs to threw it away.

Games like W101 are simply lost on the average Nintendo console-owner and there's only a handful of people who want and buy them. It's admirable that they're still trying but at a certain point one has to ask: What's the point of releasing these games?

Nibel

I think the main problem is that they just didn't advertise it enough. Most japanese Wii U owners are probably wondering just what the hell the game is about.

Yup. Let's face it: the main problem is the fucking console with its huge price tag that gets game that are not being advertised because it seems like Nintendo likes to spend its money on a secret space rocket instead

I always tried to be fair to Nintendo, but that a game of one of my favorite studios is bombing this hard is their fault and I'm pretty annoyed by their stance - yes, PG makes niche games to some extent, but it was Ninty's job to create a healthy user base and they just don't want to

Niche game for niche console I suppose. Can't wait for the next Nintendo console with no attachment to the "Wii" brand

Iwata can start by chasing after the 6yr-60yr old [Everyone] instead of the 18yr-35yr old [Male] market.

You have good humor! IGN should hire you

I'm still expecting more than 20.000 first week for Wonderful 101 (yeah, optimist to the death) and 3D world will sell more than 200.000 FW and more than 500.000 LTD... (So probably only 100.000 FW and 300.000 LTD brbrbr :p)

Taking into account that blogs like sinobi (et al.) have been proven to be credible....with those blogs reporting a <30% sell-through on a ~30,000 shipment for TW101, it is literally impossible for Famitsu / Media Create / Dengeki to report such a high figure.

I imagine the absolute upper bound for TW 101 sales would be somewhere around 12,000, with real figures hovering around 8,000-9,000.

Top Bottom