• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2012 (Sep 17 - Sep 23)

BadWolf

Figures aren't surprising. Does show how stupid the Vita strategy is though; the one other game thats coming is made by the studio behind LBP...

That one feels so unique and fresh.

...would be very surprised if it sells well anywhere.

PS Vita still tracking ahead of Dreamcast, but only by 364 units. Needs to sell 19,322 units this week to stay ahead. Come on Vita, you can do it!

211Tm.png
sajkdhsdfhsd What the hell.

But you must believe, EDF, DJ Max, Nobunaga and Ys, all coming next week.

Takao

Banned
I don't think it matters when expectations were 250k retail.

PS3 to the rescue!

SEGA doesn't separate expectations for titles that are digital/retail. IIRC Samurai & Dragons was listed in the retail sections despite being a F2P PSN game. I'm not sure why it would matter anyways, since it's likely SEGA makes more off of a PSN sale than at retail.

watershed

Banned
Not much exciting news this week. Holidays need to come. The 3ds is back to around 60K which is where I think the OG 3ds settled before the LL. I think Nintendo was hoping for better but at least for them both models are profitable now.

I'm curious to see if the Vita is gonna hold around the 10K mark before the holidays or if it will continue its slow decline. If it continues to fall, how low can it go?

SEGA doesn't separate expectations for titles that are digital/retail. IIRC Samurai & Dragons was listed in the retail sections despite being a F2P PSN game. I'm not sure why it would matter anyways, since it's likely SEGA makes more off of a PSN sale than at retail.
Expectations were discerned from overall "packaged games" targets, they don't give specific expectations for individual titles in their IR docs anymore. The 250k is definitely retail.

edit: not that it matters much anyway, they're most likely not hitting 250k even incliding PSN.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
LBP is a western IP (however meaningful that is at this point) which makes it undesirable to the East, but it is also on Vita, which makes it undesirable to the West.

Basically, it was sent to die. Like most everything else on Vita.

I'm not saying that I was expecting more, in fact.
Mine was just a wider consideration about the importance of having strong IP when third parties are waiting for better moments to support your consoles.

BTW, I think that LBP became a "western" IP (more or less) but I'm not sure that it was intended to not sell in Japan.

Yeah, they have their Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War etc. in the west but pretty much nothing in Japan. Gravity Daze sold reasonably well but nothing amazing.

That's was I meant: they did a good job in differentiating their software from the strong competition of MS in the west thanks to their first party offer. In Japan they weren't able to do the same.
Could this be because of lack of competition?
Don't misunderstand me: I know that Wii was/is a strong competitor, but under a "multiplatform" development point of view, was MS that stole a lot of ex-exclusive PS2 titles to PS3, but 360 is not a big competitor in Japan as it is in the US.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm sorry I am so lazy and this is probably very repetitive, but can someone rustle up a list of the notable Vita titles coming by the end of this year?

Taiko's legs are incredible; there's the possibility the new 3DS one will be one of the best selling entry in the series of the last few years; in the meanwhile, Miku is struggling to reach the 200k mark (retail side, of course).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
MediaCreate

Art Academy LTD after three weeks

09. / 10. [NDS] Art Academy (Nintendo) - 18.759 / 59.861 (-7%)

New Art Academy LTD after two weeks

04./04. [3DS] Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone <HOB> (Nintendo) {2012.09.13} (¥3.800) - 18.760 / 54.670 (-48%)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think this is the first time I have seen multiple games worth mentioning being released in a single week since the system's launch batch of games.

I agree: do we have some ideas of their possible sales range? I think that EDF and Ys could do "well" at least in terms of Vita games, but I don't know anything about sales potential of the others..

Taiko's legs are incredible; there's the possibility the new 3DS one will be one of the best selling entry in the series of the last few years; in the meanwhile, Miku is struggling to reach the 200k mark (retail side, of course).
Taiko did okay on PSP, I sort of wonder if Namco will still test the waters with a Vita version? Or maybe even PS3+Vita?

Wii U version seems like a no brainer for holiday 2013 too.

m.i.s.

Banned
I'm curious to see if the Vita is gonna hold around the 10K mark before the holidays or if it will continue its slow decline. If it continues to fall, how low can it go?

It'll almost certainly get some kind of holiday "boost" in the run up to Xmas and new year.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Famitsu

Medabot DS Second Week

[NDS] Medarot DS: Kabuto / Kuwagata (Rocket Company) - 10.554 / 72.610

Medabot 7 Second Week

04./02. [3DS] Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata <RPG> (Rocket Company) {2012.09.13} (¥6.090) - 19.438 / 79.723 (-68%)

It had a very good second week, actually.

saichi

And is it relevant? No. We've got a weekly group of Vita fans in here lamenting its bad sales and it's all as pointless as anything. The only thing your post can do is piss people off.

I'm not sure why he got so much shit on what he said. All he said was that he is not upset about it then people got pissed off and started calling him a fanboy. Does everyone have to be upset that LBP VITA flops in Japan?

Nothing this year likely to sell 50k

I have faith in AKB48

disco

Slow week, FFIII did about what one could expect considering it's a port.
I thought the whole point of the release was so that all mainline FF games can be played on Sony systems and thus can be included in the Anniversary box set. It's merely an OCD thing on S-E's part I thought?

watershed

Banned
It'll almost certainly get some kind of holiday "boost" in the run up to Xmas and new year.

All hardware will get a boost during the holidays. What I'm talking about are the weeks prior which is where we are now. By November consumer buying will start to rise, but through October I think sales will either slide or stabilize for each respective system. The 3ds looks like its stable around 60K. the Vita was previously stable around 10K but I think it could still be sliding now.

Top Bottom