• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2012 (Sep 17 - Sep 23)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
About Earth Defense Force, Ys and even Style Savvy

[PSP] Earth Defense Force 2 Portable - 91pt
[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable - Less than 25pt

Ys Seven was very low on Comgnet ( less than 28pt), so we can't say how well Ys Celceta could do ( less than 25pt) but I think it won't do that bad compared to Ys Seven

[NDS] Style Savvy - 52pt
[3DS] Style Savvy - 59pt

donny2112

17./16. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 5.829 / 1.559.988 (-11%)

?

Ah, missed it in my quick glance. So two are still around somewhere, then. Still would be good to inject more staple games into the ecosystem. Not sure if NSMB2 will be one in the long-term, and they're probably counting on AC to become one.

liger05

Pro evo usually does well in Japan and the vita isn't even getting a version. I don't see any recovery on the horizon.

Boney

Banned
Ah, missed it in my quick glance. So two are still around somewhere, then. Still would be good to inject more staple games into the ecosystem. Not sure if NSMB2 will be one in the long-term, and they're probably counting on AC to become one.

Tomodachi Collection should also have big legs, well and MH4 if we're counting non Nintendo games.

Didn't expect this to be another LBP hate thread. Ya'll know the jump is better in the Vita version, right? Apparently no one in Japan cared either.

If no one cares when the Vita gets good software, what else is there left for it? So sad.

donny2112

Tomodachi Collection should also have big legs, well and MH4 if we're counting non Nintendo games.

Yeah, MH4 would count (just talking staple games), but that's next Spring. Consistent releases is fine, but there's always lulls in release periods. A strong staple is what helped keep DS so sought after for so long. Would like for 3DS to see a similar support # of games-wise. May not be possible, though, with many of the more casual/non-gamer titles going to phones.

If Vita can get MH and Pokemon, it should be able to turn things around.

And Dragon Quest. Don't forget Dragon Quest.

urfe

Still planning on buying a white Vita. The question is will I find used units for under 18,000 yen. Right now black 3G goes for 19,900 and wifi 19,400, and white about a thousand yen more. If I saw a white for under 18,000 yen, I'd pick it up in a second, and wait for P4 to become cheap used.

Got LBP for free with the PSN problems. Couldn't play more than 10 minutes the control was so bad. Perfect example of all frill, no basics.

Metallix87

Nintendo has the five most important franchises on their handheld: Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Dragon Quest, & Monster Hunter.

The Vita is facing an uphill battle, and it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to support it properly, not even Sony.

The Assassin's Creed game is the only game left of interest to me on Vita for the forseeable future, and I didn't expect LBP to do gangbusters in Japan, but 5000 units is like the population of a town too small to even have a McDonalds.

If I was a console fanboy I'd be hyperventilating right now.

Actually to me it feels that Sony hasn't ever even tried to appeal casual Japanese audience. It's just that before third parties did that for them. Now with third parties going to other platforms they are screwed. Really, where is big budged in house Monster Hunter clone? Where is Singstar for PS3 when karaoke is extremely popular in Japan? I just really don't get the business strategy of SCEJ.

Metallix87

They're five of the six Japanese heavyweights. Vita's got Final Fantasy; well, theoretically, anyway.

No, Vita does NOT have Final Fantasy. 3DS has Theatrhythm, and if we go beyond that, has Kingdom Hearts 3D and the spiritual sequel to FHoL in Bravely Default.

All Vita has is an HD port of FFX, with no actual release date announced, and no information on it since it's quick announcement. On top of that, it's also coming to PS3, and 360 and Wii U ports could always happen for the West.

test_account

XP-39C²
Actually to me it feels that Sony hasn't ever even tried to appeal casual Japanese audience. It's just that before third parties did that for them. Now with third parties going to other platforms they are screwed. Really, where is big budged in house Monster Hunter clone? Where is Singstar for PS3 when karaoke is extremely popular in Japan? I just really don't get the business strategy of SCEJ.
That MH clone is Soul Sacrifice. Why SCEJ never tried to release Singstar is a mystery to me.

No, Vita does NOT have Final Fantasy. 3DS has Theatrhythm, and if we go beyond that, has Kingdom Hearts 3D and the spiritual sequel to FHoL in Bravely Default.

All Vita has is an HD port of FFX, with no actual release date announced, and no information on it since it's quick announcement. On top of that, it's also coming to PS3, and 360 and Wii U ports could always happen for the West.

Hence theoretically. :p

I don't think Theatrhythm counts for much, though. Final Fantasy's absence apart from that game on 3DS does intrigue me slightly.

liger05

Seems to me sony saw the 3DS struggling and thought they could just sweep in simply cos they had a better piece of hardware or they assumed the PSP audience would automatically migrate to the Vita regardless of software.

Every week I click into the thread and think maybe, just maybe what I know in my heart to be true will be wrong. I think maybe the Vita will do better, that somehow people will realize the potential of the system and buy. I think to myself, maybe despite all the "Vita hate" people in reality will purchase one just to collect, like I do.

I am always wrong. At this point I think people should sober up to the reality that the Vita is screwed. I have refrained from passing judgement on the system (especially here because I'm Junior member) but I can not hold my tongue any longer.

Sony has screwed up badly; and while Sony became drunk off their own brand name expecting instant success, they have lost focus of what the actual portable gamer wants.
Funny thing is Nintendo was cocky like this, difference was, they did something about it.
They went into panic mode, forced themselves to think about their digital and online strategies. They actually became proactive.

Last year lots of people proclaimed Nintendo is doomed!.. but they never was this bad, and they had games on the horizon. It's tough for a company to change, to pivot, to stay progressive. This can be said of any large company that has enjoyed a great period of success. I believe that companies are just coming to terms with what the modern day customer wants in products, feedback, services and overall experience.

For companies that are proud and secretive, this era of transparency and changing to meet the demands of the consumer vs dictating the trend to the consumer must be hard.

Nintendo said we have 3D, and consumers yawned, so Nintendo brought the games and beefed up the eshop. Sony said we have a portable PS3 and consumers yawned... and Sony did nothing.

I hope Sony takes this failure to heart as they prepare for the PS4. I want competition in the Industry, it's good for us all.

Yeah, MH4 would count (just talking staple games), but that's next Spring. Consistent releases is fine, but there's always lulls in release periods. A strong staple is what helped keep DS so sought after for so long. Would like for 3DS to see a similar support # of games-wise. May not be possible, though, with many of the more casual/non-gamer titles going to phones.
There feels like there's something missing from Nintendo's 3DS Holiday lineup. However, in terms of long selling games I think it's okay. It has NSMB2 right now which will probably still be charting next year. Unless something major happens Animal Crossing will follow a similar pattern. Then there will be smaller front loaded titles such as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Paper Mario. I think the 3DS will be fine until MH4 hits in March. Based on trends, I still fully expect Pokemon 6th generation to hit the 3DS next year in the Fall as well.

Fularu

Banned
How about LBP PSP sales??

They were (Rightfully) terrible. They've been posted on the first page, about 10k. Edit : 16k now according to Takao.

People surprised about the poor performance of LBP puzzle me. LBP was bad, LBP2 was even worse despite its prety good "game editor" and LBP PSP was just dreadfull. Do you really believe gamers are going to keep giving the franchise the benefit of the doubt after three mediocre to bad games? I know I won't.

Culex

Banned
Really disappointing sales for the Vita. At this point, nothing is going to spur constant high sales. It seems like every big title that comes out gives the Vita one good week and its business as usual...selling like the neo geo pocket.

pixelbox

The Assassin's Creed game is the only game left of interest to me on Vita for the forseeable future, and I didn't expect LBP to do gangbusters in Japan, but 5000 units is like the population of a town too small to even have a McDonalds.

If I was a console fanboy I'd be hyperventilating right now.
Anyone that thought that lbp was going to somehow save the vita is delusional. Then there's the 3ds xl comparison, it's $80 cheaper. Fact of the matter is japan could be turned around if the right game presents itself. The US is where the focus is because if there's no turning back from a downward slide. It needs a price drop, period.

Is seems to me that at this point people are assuming the Vita is a walking corpse and they are just waiting for it to die so they can pick one up for $100 and buy the 4 or 5 games they were interested in.

I'm hyped for Soul Sacrifice, but if it sells more than 20k on it's first week I'll eat my hat.

Top Bottom