• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2013 (Sep 16 - Sep 22)

SmokyDave

that's direct eshop sales, they also stated 150k for download cards
Aye, I know. It's still 'only' 10-15% of sales. That said, I'm not up on how big the eShop is, that might well be relatively high.

First week was only two days. 100k digital plus 150k retail download cards isn't too bad for two days, is it?
I meant as a proportion of sales, not as an absolute number. I thought this'd be a title that might be pretty digital-heavy as people would always want it on their 3DS.

Aye, I know. It's still 'only' 10-15% of sales. That said, I'm not up on how big the eShop is, that might well be relatively high.

I meant as a proportion of sales, not as an absolute number. I thought this'd be a title that might be pretty digital-heavy as people would always want it on their 3DS.

It will go higher, The only reason AC got so high was because of the sellouts

Kazerei

Banned
How the hell can they not print enough download cards?

I'm kind of surprised too, that download cards actually sell out. They should be trivial to make, and they're great for Nintendo -- no resale, exposes people to the eShop, and keeps retailers happy.

Phazon

As if 3DS wasn't already in complete beast mode I have a feeling this will be an accurate depiction of Pokémon week.

Etc4O7U.gif

Someone ( https://twitter.com/Il_Giuda) did a quick PS for me

k4HdivZ.gif

Zoe

A streaming device? Why buy it when you have stuff like the WDTV live or the Roku which are both cheaper and more able?

The Roku and WDTV are sold in Japan for under 10,000Y with support for Japanese streaming apps?

zroid

Banned
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DSLL |    118.400 |    236.700 |     35.206 |  2.017.822 |    597.639 |   4.108.193 |
|  3DS  |    [U] 40.988[/u] |    [u] 40.092[/U] |     26.176 |    955.029 |  2.583.752 |   8.644.538 |

this is interesting

we noticed this last week, but it's amazing how much effect MH had on XL sales, while how little it had on OG 3DS.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Monster Hunter is played on commutes a lot, isn't it? So I'd think the more protable small 3DS could benefit from that...

Kouriozan

3DS is a monster as usual, but I'm surprised that the Wii U managed to sell better than the Vita which has a new game in the top 5 while Wii U has none in the top 20.
These coming weeks will sure be interesting for both.

jwhit28

Monster Hunter is played on commutes a lot, isn't it? So I'd think the more protable small 3DS could benefit from that...

The benefit is that for every person with a Vita there are close to 7 with a 3DS. Monster Hunter is a game best played in local co-op.

DaBoss

and don't forget FFX-X/2 that will help Vita to sell like hotcakes.

That's only said by souppadouppa (or something, sorry if I spelt it wrong). You gotta admire the determination.

Someone ( https://twitter.com/Il_Giuda) did a quick PS for me

k4HdivZ.gif
That guy getting beat up should be Vita and Wii U and maybe even every other console in the market that is still selling and being tracked.
It's not only the Vita that is going to be affected.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
everything as predicted

WiiU going up because who knows, but still, it's a battle of the losers between it and the Vita, which just keeps on sinking

Frodo

Do we know the size of the first shipment for Wind Waker?

WW is not even showing on pre-order charts, I guess most of us overestimated the demand for it in Japan on the prediction league. Will be another TW101 situation (where all the predictions were massively overestimated).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I fear Wind Waker won't have that much of an impact on hardware sales, especially due to the lack of the bundle.

Metallix87

Do we know the size of the first shipment for Wind Waker?

WW is not even showing on pre-order charts, I guess most of us overestimated the demand for it in Japan on the prediction league. Will be another TW101 situation (where all the predictions were massively overestimated).
Zelda never does that well in Japan, and this one isn't even a new title. I'd guess it does 50k - 60k first week at best.

Aside from MH4 and 3DS Japanese market really is down the shitter. Not to mention that even 3DS is well behind DS pace in sales. Maybe I am just too negative person.

Metallix87

Aside from MH4 and 3DS Japanese market really is down the shitter. Not to mention that even 3DS is well behind DS pace in sales. Maybe I am just too negative person.
You are. 3DS is only behind the DS because it's still more expensive. 2DS and Pokemon will go a long way to help it start catching up some more.

LordJim

Well behind the most successful handheld console ever, what a shame.
Yes, you are a tad too negative

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

considering the completely different circumstances surrounding today's market compared to what it was during the DS, yeah, you are being very negative

Kid Ying

Also, it wasn't mentioned, but i think it was a good start for both Nobunaga and Sangokushi. Those kind of games almost never even chart. To see Nobunaga selling almost 10k is crazy. Sangokushi is not on the same level, but it still is better than nothing.

Today they are going to release Sangoku 12 with power up kit on PS3, Wiiu and Vita. I think even on three consoles, it's not going to pass the 3DS version.

But, well, who cares. It's not like those games were big to begin with.

Also, i think WW will open with 30k sales, which means it's not going to pass 20k. Maybe Wiiu will get closer to 10k, but i don't believe it will get there.

Elfteiroh

I find it very funny that the first page of these threads are ALWAYS a faithful recap of the last page of the previous thread. xD

But yeah. 3DS is a beast. Monster Hunter continue to be awesome. I still hope that Nobunaga game get released here... :(

[EDIT]
Also, I really don't like all these talk of everything going mobile now... I really hate gaming on the phone, and I'm really not interested in developing for it... well, at least, not exclusively. Damn, I was born SO LATE. :(

Top Bottom