• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2012 (Sep 24 - Sep 30)

Solid Ys numbers for Falcom. Best debut for the series on a Sony platform? I can dig it.

Hope this leads to more Vita Ys. Curious to see how Zero Evolution does, considering the small but super dedicated fan base.

Solid Ys numbers for Falcom. Best debut for the series on a Sony platform? I can dig it.

Hope this leads to more Vita Ys. Curious to see how Zero Evolution does, considering the small but super dedicated fan base.

Really hope so. I'm having a blast with Celceta.
I've got Zero Evolution pre-ordered, and am planning a Legend of Heroes binge once it arrives (Sora, Ao, and Nayuta all on deck)

It'll. be interesting if we get to a point where Wii Sports Resort is selling more than Wii hardware. I've sort of assumed all software sales of that title is pretty much linked to hardware sales (considering the legs).

squall23

The PSP (and Vita) games all have really expensive and incredibly low run Limited Editions that always sell out. So it's a small and dedicated audience.
But that doesn't invalidate what I said. Technika on arcade and the PC games are VERY popular.

Takao

Banned
But that doesn't invalidate what I said. Technika on arcade and the PC games are REALLY popular.

I wasn't trying to invalidate your argument. It was just some commentary on what I know of the handheld releases. :)

I suck at both Portable and Technika though :(

I know it's not much, but I bought Dowload cards NSMB2 and Oni Training for 500 yen or so less than the packaged versions at a Yamada Denki.

Erethian

I know it's not much, but I bought Dowload cards NSMB2 and Oni Training for 500 yen or so less than the packaged versions at a Yamada Denki.

Does Yamada Denki sell used games?

Reading Vinnk's Village makes me interested to know whether there's an appreciable difference in how different retailers are approaching the download cards, and if it's related to whether they sell used games or not.

Does Yamada Denki sell used games?

Reading Vinnk's Village makes me interested to know whether there's an appreciable difference in how different retailers are approaching the download cards, and if it's related to whether they sell used games or not.

YD does sell used game, at least the ones closest to me do. They push retail card quite high (equal space for all four games that have them so far) and they're one of the first things you see when you walk into the general games section.

I've only seen them at the larger (department) stores, though, not the smaller chains or individual shops though.

Still, it's Japan, which is less DD friendly than us.
Just this: NSMB2 was very low in top 20 in the eShop Japanese charts IIRC, while it's been first since its launch on American eShop weekly top 20.

Thanks for that bit of info. I was curious as to whether NSMB2 was performing similarly on the Jap eshop as it was to the NA eshop. I'm very curious to know what percentage of sales are download in NA now that I know the game has been low on the top 20 list in Japan vs. topping the weekly chart since launch in NA.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So that's why Sega has so many titles for Vita for the next year, they're paying their respects to the Dreamcast in a way.

Project Diva f from Sega is already doing this!

ProjectDiva_dreamcast.jpg

Hobby

I don't know how much of this is new info, but here's some news from Nintendo's retailer meeting:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth
- 11/23 release date
- 4800 yen
- CERO: A

Paper Mario Sticker Star
- 12/6
- 4800 yen

New Super Mario Bros. U
- 12/8
- 5985 yen

Nintendo Land
- 12/8
- 4935 yen

MHG 3DS LL bundle, Animal Crossing Jump Out LL bundle, and the NSMB2 bundle are all only going to be shipped until the end of the year.

Nintendo 3DS LL Circlepad Pro
- 11/15
- 1500 yen

LYlnb.jpg

Wii U Monster Hunter 3G HD Premium Set
- 12/8
- 38850 yen
- Pre-orders start on 10/6 at shops, quantities are limited.
- Sinobi says retailers aren't getting many bundles and he believes the majority of the shipment will go to E-Capcom.

Wii U preorders on JP Amazon start on 10/6 at 00:00, as well.

And here's a giant release list for upcoming games:

Code:
■NINTENDO DS

※Bargain price titles:
[DS] 勉強支援特価版 □いアタマを○くする。DS漢字の章 [IE] 2012年11月8日 2,500円
[DS] 勉強支援特価版 □いアタマを○くする。DS計算の章 [IE] 2012年11月8日 2,500円
[DS] 勉強支援特価版 世界史DS [IE] 2012年11月8日 2,500円
[DS] 勉強支援特価版 古文漢文DS [IE] 2012年11月8日 2,500円
[DS] ぷよぷよ!! スペシャルプライス [セガ] 2012年12月13日 2,940円

■NINTENDO 3DS

※New titles:

[3DS] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 [コナミ] 2012年11月1日 4,980円
[3DS] nicola Kanshuu モデル☆おしゃれオーディション プラチナ [アルケミスト] 2012年11月8日 5,980円
[3DS] Animal Crossing Jump Out [任天堂] 2012年11月8日 4,800円
[3DS] Jewel Pet 魔法でおしゃれにダンス☆デコ~! [フリュー] 2012年11月8日 5,229円
[3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson [バンナム] 2012年11月15日 5,040円
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven 123!! 円堂守伝説 [レベルファイブ] 2012年11月15日 5,800円
[3DS] E.X. TROOPERS [カプコン] 2012年11月22日 5,990円
[3DS] PikaPika Nurse Monogatari 2 [日本コロムビア] 2012年11月22日 5,040円
[3DS] Dangerous Jii-sanと1000人のお友だち邪 [バンナム] 2012年11月22日 5,040円
[3DS] Ouchi Mainichi Tamagotchi [バンナム] 2012年11月22日 5,040円
[3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth [ポケモン] 2012年11月23日 4,800円
[3DS] NARUTO SD Powerful Shippuden [バンナム] 2012年11月29日 5,230円
[3DS] Unchained Blades Exivv [フリュー] 2012年11月29日 6,279円
[3DS] Layton VS Ace Attorney [レベルファイブ] 2012年11月29日 5,980円
[3DS] Paper Mario Sticker Star [任天堂] 2012年12月6日 4,800円
[3DS] Ore-sama Kingdom Ikemen Kareshi wo Gettoshiyo! Moekyun... [日本コロムビア] 2012年12月13日 5,040円
[3DS] Toriko Gourmet Monsters! [バンナム] 2012年12月13日 5,800円
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO2 Chrono Stone Wind/Lightning [レベルファイブ] 2012年12月13日 5,500円
[3DS] Acrylic Palette ~彩りカフェ・cheers~ [クロン] 2012年12月20日 5,040円
[3DS] FANTASY LIFE [レベルファイブ] 2012年12月27日 5,800円
[3DS] Neratte!Tobashitte!Rilakkuma Gura Gura Sweets Tower [ロケカン] 2012年12月 5,040円

※Bargain price titles:

[3DS] Rhythm Thief R 皇帝ナポレオンの遺産 (SEGA THE BEST) [セガ] 2012年11月22日 2,940円
[3DS] Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 大海賊としっぽ団 (ULTIMATE HITS) [スクエニ] 2012年12月6日 2,940円
[3DS] PuyoPuyo!! Special Price [セガ] 2012年12月13日 2,940円

■NINTENDO Wii

※New titles:

[Wii] Winning Eleven Playmaker 2013 [コナミ] 2012年11月1日 4,980円
[Wii] Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes [バンナム] 2012年11月29日 6,280円
[Wii] Taiko no Tatsujin 超ごうか版 (通常版) [バンナム] 2012年11月29日 5,040円
[Wii] Taiko no Tatsujin 超ごうか版 (同梱版) [バンナム] 2012年11月29日 7,980円
[Wii] Inazuma Eleven GO Strikers 2013 [レベルファイブ] 2012年12月20日 4,980円

※Bargain price titles:

[Wii] PuyoPuyo!! Special Price [セガ] 2012年12月13日 2,940円

■NINTENDO Wii U

※New titles:

[WiiU] New SUPER MARIO BROS. U [任天堂] 2012年12月8日 5,985円
[WiiU] Nintendo Land [任天堂] 2012年12月8日 4,935円
[WiiU] Mass Effect 3 特別版 [EA] 2012年12月8日 価格未定
[WiiU] FIFA13 ワールドクラス サッカー [EA] 2012年12月8日 価格未定
[WiiU] Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver. [カプコン] 2012年12月8日 4,800円
[WiiU] Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver. PREMIUM SET [カプコン] 2012年12月8日 38,850円
[WiiU] NINJA GAIDEN 3:Razor's Edge [コエテク] 2012年12月8日 7,140円
[WiiU] MusouOROCHI 2 Hyper [コエテク] 2012年12月8日 価格未定
[WiiU] Tekken TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U EDITION [バンナム] 2012年12月8日 価格未定
[WiiU] ZombiU [UBI] 2012年12月8日 6,980円
[WiiU] Assassin's Creed 3 [UBI] 2012年12月8日 7,770円
[WiiU] BATMAN ARKHAM CITY ARMORED EDITION [WARNER] 2012年12月8日 5,980円
[WiiU] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 [コエテク] 2012年12月13日 9,240円
[WiiU] SIMPLE Series for Wii U Vol.1 THE Family Party  [D3] 2012年12月13日 価格未定
[WiiU] Shin Hokuto Musou [コエテク] 2012年12月20日 価格未定
[WiiU] Call of Duty:Black Ops Ⅱ(吹き替え版) [スクエニ] 2012年12月20日 7,980円
[WiiU] Sports Connection [UBI] 2012年12月20日 4,800円

Oh, and the MediaCreate top 30 is up:

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2012/10/04/60297.html

Also, Sinobi has a bunch of info regarding Wii U accessories and stuff. And Sinobi says Wii U preorders will start sometime this week in Japan:

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11366332504.html

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks Hobby.

Could anyone translate the release list ?

saichi

not as awesome as last year's holiday lineup with the holy trinity but still by far the best holiday lineup for any system in Japan this year

extralite

Still, it's Japan, which is less DD friendly than us.
Just this: NSMB2 was very low in top 20 in the eShop Japanese charts IIRC, while it's been first since its launch on American eShop weekly top 20.

And it still is? Then it's definitely doing better as DD in the US. Currently NSMB2 is rank 17 on the recent charts (which update in unknown cycles, they might be daily or even instantanously given that they changed several times in the course of a few days when I checked during the time frame of obon). After launch it hovered around in the upper top ten, but always behind PM AR Searcher when I checked.

The current #1 game is Denpa Ningen no RPG2; first time I've seen PMARS bested on the recent charts.

In the all time chart of 3ds only downloads NSMB2 is now at 13, up from 15. This means it finally passed the Love Plus Tools (and another one of the Simple DL Series, which has many titles in the all time top20, the highest NSMB2 has yet to pass at 6). Next game it needs to beat is Sakura Samurai, then The Rolling Western.

test_account

XP-39C²
"[WiiU] Shin Hokuto Musou [コエテク] 2012年12月20日 価格未定"

Is this a verion of the first Hokuto Musou game (hence the Shin/new part), or a port of Hokuto Musou 2? Or is HM2 called Shin Hokuto Musou?

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
squall23 said:
DJMAX is a big series..... for PC and arcade.
Except each PSP iteration sold 100-200k in Korea. I know this is a MC thread where Japan=world, but the series was always strong on PSP.

hiska-kun

"[WiiU] Shin Hokuto Musou [コエテク] 2012年12月20日 価格未定"

Is this a verion of the first Hokuto Musou game (hence the Shin/new part), or a port of Hokuto Musou 2? Or is HM2 called Shin Hokuto Musou?

HM2 is called Shin Hokuto Musou.

test_account

XP-39C²
I see that the Monster Hunter WiiU picture now has a picture of the bundle too :)

What a lineup... And someone was saying that Nintendo would have left 3DS uncovered this Christmas with just Animal Crossing.
Didnt they know about Pokemon Dungeon and Paper Mario?

You didnt answer on your earlier accusation by the way :\

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What a lineup... And someone was saying that Nintendo would have left 3DS uncovered this Christmas with just Animal Crossing.

Yes, pretty good especially since NSMB 2, Tri G and co. will keep seling. Next year for 3DS should be big. I expect :

MH 4 in March, Tomodachi Collection for Golden Week, new Main Pokemon in September and DQ7 Remake in December. And other smaller titles like SMT 4, Ace Attorney 5 and Zelda 3DS co.
Smash 4 3DS is probably 2014.

I see that the Monster Hunter WiiU picture now has a picture of the bundle too :)

Didnt they know about Pokemon Dungeon and Paper Mario?

You didnt answer on your earlier accusation by the way :\

Well, Pokémon was listed for Winter, and Paper Mario could have been delayed.
Btw, as for the previous discussion, I just wanted to say that you were too focused on the use of the word scary; the user probably realized just now how high was the ratio between total sales and first week sales of the console, indicating a really poor reception after the launch.

Yes, pretty good especially since NSMB 2, Tri G and co. will keep seling. Next year for 3DS should be big. I expect :

MH 4 in March, Tomodachi Collection for Golden Week, new Main Pokemon in September and DQ7 Remake in December. And other smaller titles like SMT 4, Ace Attorney 5 and Zelda 3DS co.

Nintendo could also pull Kirby in Summer and Zelda in Decemeber.

Isn't Smash confirmed for next year? Or that was the plan.
Pokemon I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't release till early 2014; depends if work on the 3DS game began whilst B/W2 was ongoing. I just think 2013 is too early.

Pokemon I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't release till early 2014; depends if work on the 3DS game began whilst B/W2 was ongoing. I just think 2013 is too early.

I think B2/W2 was being made by the second Game Freak team, the one that usually developed third versions.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well, Pokémon was listed for Winter, and Paper Mario could have been delayed.
Btw, as for the previous discussion, I just wanted to say that you were too focused on the use of the word scary; the user probably realized just now how high was the ratio between total sales and first week sales of the console, indicating a really poor reception after the launch.
Oh ok, i thought those games had already set a date. Is this the frist time we see the date?

About the other discussion, yeah, i guess that is what he ment after thinking more about it. I wasnt trying to focus much on the word "scary", but maybe it looked like it because i answered everyone who quoted me on it.

It was said "THIS is the most scary aspect of Vita sales right now", so i was just wondering why this was scary now when we knew about the low Vita sales for months. It wasnt any critcizm, just wondering about what he ment with that sentence :) But yeah, after thinking more about it, i guess that maybe ment that it was scary to see the big drop compared to launch.

I dont mean to rip this discussion up too much, but it is just important for me to say that i didnt criticize what he said.

Oh Hobby you so epic.

We need you tomorrow in the AC thread. StreetsAhead as well!

We are all partying together.

95% I'll be there!

GF has two teams.
BW --> Main team
BW2 --> Remake team

They begin work on the next gen almost as soon as the previous one releases.
2013 Sept is the current bet bet.

disco

Nah, Smash isn't going to be here till Spring 2014 minimum. They need at least two solid years from the release of Kid Icarus.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
3DS lineup seems very solid, probably similar to the PS3 one (with differences in terms of possible peaks and HW consequences, I think); also if I think that it is way weaker than the one 3DS had last Christmas.
Wii U one is not too bad, considering that it is a launch lineup (and usually there aren't too big games) also if for the Wii U what's scaring is the low number of projects already announced.
Vita one is almost non-existant, up to now, in terms of commercial hits

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Man that is one hell of a launch lineup for Wii U.

DJMAX is a big series..... for PC and arcade.

Yay, I can finally comment in Media Create thread:

1. DJMax is pretty niche on PSP, and that is in Korea only. I think only Black Square PSP was released in Japan in the past. All the other releases has been mostly on PSP as well.

2. Vita release is more like Technika arcade machine.

3. Pentavision doesn't give a fuck about low numbers, they seem to be able to make profit from selling barely anything.

Still, 4200 is fucking sad.

Top Bottom