• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 42, 2015 (Oct 12 - Oct 18)

3Kaze

Uh? The term remake doesn't necessarily imply a great graphical leap, especially here where the average PSV game isn't much, much more technically advanced. Resurrection will have much more contents than the original game and has been remade by Shift (you also said that character models have been redone). I don't even see your point about why there are new weapons...? Those are contents not present in the original release, and they should add appeal to the game.

Graphics are straight from GE2, and that game already felt like GE1.8, it recycled all the maps, and even most of the characters (you can use old costumes so they only remade a few characters models for GER). And most of the "new" content for GER like auxiliary systems and type of weapons are straight from GE2RB as well. GER is just GEB with GE2(RB) enhancements, which is imo quite a pointless release because it still has less monsters, maps and weapons than a game featuring the same mechanics, released earlier this year. With the tie-in anime, it seems they remade or ported the game for story purposes more than anything, and I can't say the players really care about that...

It will be more interesting to see whether the offshot games/anime BDs can sell well. We'll see how much the fanbase cares about story stuff.

Vena

I still say they might bundle GE:R and GE:RB for the western market and sell them as a primarily PS4 release.

We're actually, finally, reaching some data from the western market on Japanese releases for the PS4 hitting. This coming month will open us into Tales and DQH. And we've already got some previous points from Toukiden and D5.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We're actually, finally, reaching some data from the western market on Japanese releases for the PS4 hitting. This coming month will open us into Tales and DQH. And we've already got some previous points from Toukiden and D5.

So looking at NPD, Tales of Xillia was just over 100K on PS3 with basically a full month.

So far for Zestiria, all we have is 72,220 ± 7,110 for 7 days on Steam, though given that's on track to sell like Xillia's first full NPD month, things are looking good for the series so far (in you know, Bandai Namco expectations relativistic terms).

Vena

So looking at NPD, Tales of Xillia was just over 100K on PS3 with basically a full month.

So far for Zestiria, all we have is 72,220 ± 7,110 for 7 days on Steam, though given that's on track to sell like Xillia's first full NPD month, things are looking good for the series so far (in you know, Bandai Namco expectations relativistic terms).

Oh no doubt that Zestiria will gain a boon from PC gaming (heck, I bought it for there as well). I don't know, for certain, how reproducible such a result is in general terms going forward (as I always err on saying that the first title of a series long since kept from PC gaming tend to see a "spike of curiosity") but it is not quite what I was looking at.

I was more interested in the console side of things.

Of course, rumblings in the later end of the NPD thread were not painting a good picture for DQH.

Some Square-Enix mobile news:

FF Brave Exvius achieves over 1 million downloads: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2015/html/9ecbaff3856d8f1926ba249dfe8cf1fa.html

New game announced!

Square Enix revealed a new smartphone game titled Pop-up Story: Mahō no Moto to Seiju no Gakuen (Pop-up Story: The Origin of Magic and the Academy of the Sacred Tree).

Square Enix has slated the "adventurer raising" game for release on iOS and Android devices in a few days. The official website will also begin streaming a promotional movie for the game soon.

The game will feature at least 50 voice actors, including: Yuka Iguchi, Ai Kayano, Aya Suzaki, Natsuki Hanae, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Shizuka Itou, Rie Kugimiya, Minami Takahashi, Saori Hayami, Kaori Mizuhashi, Ryota Ohsaka, Saori Goto, Masumi Tazawa, Yōko Hikasa, Inori Minase, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Chiwa Saito, Atsumi Tanezaki, Ayumi Fujimura, Haruka Yamazaki, Yui Ogura, Momoko Saito, Minori Chihara, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Tsubasa Yonaga, Hisako Kanemoto, Rina Satou, Manami Numakura, Tomoaki Maeno, and Madoka Yonezawa.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...announces-pop-up-story-smartphone-game/.94626

Official site: http://popupstory.jp/

This seems to be developed in-house. School Girl Strikers' team perhaps?

Oh no doubt that Zestiria will gain a boon from PC gaming (heck, I bought it for there as well). I don't know, for certain, how reproducible such a result is in general terms going forward (as I always err on saying that the first title of a series long since kept from PC gaming tend to see a "spike of curiosity") but it is not quite what I was looking at.

I was more interested in the console side of things.

Of course, rumblings in the later end of the NPD thread were not painting a good picture for DQH.

I don't know how a little marketed spin off of a weak brand in the West was going to have a good picture anyway.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Some Square-Enix mobile news:

FF Brave Exvius achieves over 1 million downloads: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2015/html/9ecbaff3856d8f1926ba249dfe8cf1fa.html
Exvius is sitting at #5 on top grossing right now as well, followed by Super Light at #6, Quest of the Stars at #13, and Million Arthur at #17. It's pretty rare for them to have this many games in the top 20 at the same time versus being there during their events.

New game announced!

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...announces-pop-up-story-smartphone-game/.94626

Official site: http://popupstory.jp/

This seems to be developed in-house. School Girl Strikers' team perhaps?
When I said I expected them to announce new games soon a couple of days ago given they were almost through their slate, I wasn't thinking quite that soon! Thanks for the heads up.

Exvius is sitting at #5 on top grossing right now as well, followed by Super Light at #6, Quest of the Stars at #13, and Million Arthur at #17. It's pretty rare for them to have this many games in the top 20 at the same time versus being there during their events.

Yup, I'm quite impressed. Every game they released this month is doing great. Grandmasters is already down a bit but events will certainly help (and since they considered Mobius a "massive" success...)

When I said I expected them to announce new games soon a couple of days ago given they were almost through their slate, I wasn't thinking quite that soon! Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome. IIRC they recently trademarked something related to School Girl Strikers too.

really hope sony doesn't release a vita successor now

better yet they should just go third party!

next time think carefully before using words like "sane" to other people cause i didn't like so much

i made an hironic post about sales and your reply was more focused on who made the post instead of what he wrote, and those kind of replied really pisses me off

Great results for SQEX on mobile indeed. The company was one of the forerunners in this market, after all - they already had a pseudo-game with Chocobos attached to the email service of FOMA phones in early 2001. They developed plenty of relevant mobile games before iPhone even came out - Front Mission 2089, Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts: Coded. It's nice to see that they are now able to have success with their old and renowned IPs (and less with new IPs) showing how traditional publishers should focus on them instead of trying to pump out new IP after the other one. It'll also be interesting to see when SQEX will finally overcrowd the market (as they did on DS, PS2, PS1 with many of their IPs) - I can't see two FF and two DQ game in the top-grossing chart for a lot of time.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's report

- Zelda TriForce Heroes is the best selling game of the week, but it had a slow start. It's expected to improve its sales by the end of the year.
- Second position is for PriPara Idol Gran Prix No.1. It was very popular and it sold almost the double of units than the last entry released on March.

Tsutaya's report

- Zelda TriForce Heroes is the best selling game of the week, but it had a slow start. It's expected to improve its sales by the end of the year.
- Second position is for PriPara Idol Gran Prix No.1. It was very popular and it sold almost the double of units than the last entry released on March.

So aorund 35-40k? Nice.

Tsutaya's report

Is it?

Tsutaya's report

Any comments on 7th Dragon 3's second week?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Earning is tomorrow (Wednesday). Apparently there will be a strategy briefing on Thursday to discuss the company's future plans.

Well, unless you're Pachter, it's quite known that, aside from Q1 results, Nintendo always have an investor meeting following the financial results. Sometimes, they're "Corporate", thus (theorically) more important. It's possible that Thursday's meeting will, indeed, be, a "Corporate" meeting, considering how we should get details about the mobile game and the Club Nintendo's successor, and how Iwata himself hinted at that a few months ago.

Also, it seems, in that tweet, David Gibson was just correcting Serkan Toto about how Nintendo usually doesn't share the exact time for the strategy briefing, while David Gibson posted the time for the meeting. So, I wouldn't take this as a 100% confirmation of the mobile game being discussed on Thursday; it should be, but that's not a confirmation.

sense

out of curiosity do sony phones sell well in japan? i mean we could technically have a situation where this nintendo mobile game could come out on a sony xperia z phone right? it would be crazy if sony advertises a nintendo game to promote its phones :)

out of curiosity do sony phones sell well in japan? i mean we could technically have a situation where this nintendo mobile game could come out on a sony xperia z phone right? it would be crazy if sony advertises a nintendo game to promote its phones :)
Nintendo partners with Sony to create a smartphone but at the last minute backs out and goes with Samsung instead

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm trying to imagine what other future plans they'd even discuss.

They already ruled out the NX, and IIRC Zelda isn't supposed to be discussed until next year either, so that leaves us with a bunch of filler games that aren't going to impact their earnings, their new network service, outside businesses like IP licensing/merchandizing, and the smartphone game that's supposed to released within the next two months.

I guess QoL still exists, but I'm not sure that's a serious business avenue more so than something they threw at the wall to appear like they had ideas coming up when it was way too early to announce their next platform and they hadn't decided on mobile yet.

OhMyGod

Neo Member
Famitsu September download sales
MGS PS4 top 12.7%
Cube creator 3D second
Tokyo Xanadu, Yorunonaikuni, Utawarerumono, Sengoku Musou 4 Empires: 10%+(PS4/PSV)
Saki Zenkoku-hen: 30%+

Zalman

I'm trying to imagine what other future plans they'd even discuss.

They already ruled out the NX, and IIRC Zelda isn't supposed to be discussed until next year either, so that leaves us with a bunch of filler games that aren't going to impact their earnings, their new network service, outside businesses like IP licensing/merchandizing, and the smartphone game that's supposed to released within the next two months.

I guess QoL still exists, but I'm not sure that's a serious business avenue more so than something they threw at the wall to appear like they had ideas coming up when it was way too early to announce their next platform and they hadn't decided on mobile yet.
They could finally talk about the membership system. I imagine it'll tie into the mobile game too in some way.

Darius

Banned

As crazy as playing a Nintendo system on a Sony branded TV. The important thing is on what storefront they release them.

hiska-kun

The blog is talking about the Zelda game.

First he says that Majora's Mask and A Link Between worlds debuted >200k

Then the Multiplayer Zelda games:

GBA Zelda ALttP remake+Zelda Four Swords sold 90k first week.
And Zelda Four Swords+ for GC sold 50k.

What about Triforce Heroes then?

On the middle if these

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
GBA Zelda ALttP remake+Zelda Four Swords sold 90k first week.
And Zelda Four Swords+ for GC sold 50k.

On the middle if these

well, thos historical data somehow put the Tri Force "flop" in perspective
I didn't remember that the multiplayer zelda games performed so poorly also in the past.
I wonder what were they thinking withi Tri Force project as a whole.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm lowering expectations to Picross:

screenshot_2015-10-278xs2v.png

Oregano

Still saying Nintendogs. Konno's IP, former 20 mil seller, perfect for mobile and the hardcore gamers won't really care.

So Splatune has sold 43K in its first week (25K first day) and kept his #2 for the entire week. It's what Google Translate is trying to translate I think: http://www.musicman-net.com/artist/51194.html

Splatune is the title of the Original Soundtrack Album for Splatoon, which was released last week (on October 21st) in Japan. We quickly learned that it was off to a great start, with over 24 000 units sold during the first day: in fact, it was even the second best-selling album in Japan on its release day, according to Oricon.

But it turns out that Splatune was also the second best-selling album in Japan throughout the week (October 19th to October 25th)! According to Oricon, the album sold over 43 000 units during its first week on the market, which is quite the achievement for a video game soundtrack. And it looks like this is only the beginning…

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/brief-splatune-43-000-units-sold-during-the-first-week/

I love the music in Splatoon so I'm glad to see it do well.
It actually had a better first week sales than most Japanese games in MC...

L~A

I'm lowering expectations to Picross:

Dude, ya better plug in that charger asap ;)

Seriously, he mentions "app"... wonder if we'll ever see that mysterious "Mii app" Nintendo mentioned at the beginning of the year? The one they kept delaying because they "kept getting new ideas" and wanted to "do it right".

horuhe

Takarajima stores, a chain located in Gifu Prefecture, has restocked the increasingly popular Glacier White PS4. And in preparation for the big titles to be released in November and December, the recommend to purchase some units during these days.

sörine

Banned
Still saying Nintendogs. Konno's IP, former 20 mil seller, perfect for mobile and the hardcore gamers won't really care.
This is a good bet since Konno's team is supposedly behind the first mobile game. Nintendogs seems ideally suited to follow a mobile model design wise too (f2p with cosmetic microtransactions) and as you say it's a perfect demographic fit for mobile (casual, kid friendly).

Top Bottom