• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 42, 2015 (Oct 12 - Oct 18)

Shizuka

Fairly interesting. The PS4 audience seems to be staying the same (but not growing, either) and the Vita audience has dipped.

To be expected - GEB is readily available on PSN and was even given away (or discounted?) when GE2 launched.

Still seems like a redundant porting to me, but it's easy money for them I guess.

Otherwise, disappointed there's no Yomawari prediction. That one's more unpredictable to me (I'm not expecting a whole lot, though).

Could the Vita audience really have dipped? What if they just have GEB on it and don't want to buy it again? The game is new to the PS4, but due to backwards compatibility, Vita owners could play GEB, which is almost the same game as GER.

3Kaze

I'm just wondering if those off shots don't really make people to rebuy a game that they most likely already play/own. Not saying that ps4 sales should surpass vita sales for that game.

Rebuy what? Both version of offshot games (PS4/PSV) are bundled with anime BDs. And the content is not part of the main game either.

Vena

Thats what will happen with the NX too, isnt it? If the rumors are accurate that is.

Not really. Nintendo's scenario for NX wouldn't matter what platform is bought out of the form factors of NX since most, if not all, software would be ubiquitous. They could have *dedicated software* to a form factor for various reasons, but not really much incentive to attempt to force an audience transition ala Vita -> PS4.

crinale

Could the Vita audience really have dipped? What if they just have GEB on it and don't want to buy it again? The game is new to the PS4, but due to backwards compatibility, Vita owners could play GEB, which is almost the same game as GER.

For those who bought GEB for PSP there was a migration program (UMD passport) that was offered for free for certain period (around the launch of GE2), so audience with Vita should have migrated to digital version of GEB already. I'm not so sure how many people would double dip.

Arzehn

God Eater Resurrection is:

- The second God Eater game released in 8 months. Third in less than 2 years.
- A "remake" of a 5 years old game already playable on the system where the biggest sales were going to happen.

It really is weird the conclusions some people are trying to draw based on a remaster. 180k for a remaster would be anything but a failure.

I do get the impression the anime was less popular then they hoped however.

That's what I said in the second line of the post you quoted :p

Rebuy what? Both version of offshot games (PS4/PSV) are bundled with anime BDs. And the content is not part of the main game either.

Rebuy the '1st' GE. And thanks for answering my original question of whether off shots requires the GE:R or not, considering there's several volumes of that thing.

Of course GE: Resurrection will sell way less than 2 or 2: Rage Burst; this is to be expected: it's not a new mainline game. It's not a remaster either, though: the game will include a new combat mode, a new story to connect the two entries; all weapon types that were recently introduced with 2. Graphically, something has been redone as well. It's really a remake, even if it's releasing only a few years later the original game.

test_account

XP-39C²
Not really. Nintendo's scenario for NX wouldn't matter what platform is bought out of the form factors of NX since most, if not all, software would be ubiquitous. They could have *dedicated software* to a form factor for various reasons, but not really much incentive to attempt to force an audience transition ala Vita -> PS4.
True, but i was thinking more about several SKUs not giving any positive effect sale wise, and if having a console version is taking sales away from a portable system. If all NX software is ubiquitous, as you mention, i think this would face the same senario. Its basically multiplatform, but its just one SKU that can be bought instead. Or do you think that having one SKU that can be played of several of system will have any different (either positive or negative) effect compared to having two SKUs for two different systems?

How are PS4 versions being pushed more in Japan compared to the Vita version by the way?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I bet this will happen
Once again nintendo will miss opportunities with third parties
We already see this happening right now with so many ps ecosystem titles announced in the recent months without trace of NX anywhere

Rages at unannounced games for an unannounced platform. That's some seriously forced mental gymnastic if I've ever seen one, lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Rages at unannounced games for an unannounced platform. That's some seriously forced mental gymnastic if I've ever seen one, lol
I dont think there was any rage in his post. We also know that NX is well on its way, so i guess thats why he was expecting to see more support announcement by now. That is uncommon however, so i wouldnt expect to see much talk about support before the official unveiling, but its not really much of a mental gymanstic, in my opinion.

udivision

I dont think there was any rage in his post. We also know that NX is well on its way, so i guess thats why he was expecting to see more support announcement by now. That is uncommon however, so i wouldnt expect to see much talk about support before the official unveiling, but its not really much of a mental gymanstic, in my opinion.

The games that have been announced for the NX had their announcements backpedaled, so I think it's safe to assume you're not supposed to say anything yet.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 43, 2015.

01./00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes
02./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No.1!
03./01. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD
04./02. [WiiU] Splatoon
05./04. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
06./10. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team
07./05. [3DS] Picross 3D 2
08./09. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad
09./03. [WiiU] Super Mario Maker
10./00. [PSV] Flowers

It's also Japan - every transition to new generation has been painfully slow there in last few years

Wii-> Wii U
DS->3DS
PSP>Vita
PS3>PS4

Considering most CEOs there seem to be as elastic as 20 year old concreate I don't see any reason why NX would get more luck.
They will want to see a proof of sales potential first before commiting any significant resources.

test_account

XP-39C²
The games that have been announced for the NX had their announcements backpedaled, so I think it's safe to assume you're not supposed to say anything yet.
Yeah, support wont really be announced before the unveiling and then through out the months up to NX's release. I hope for a reveal in January or Februrary, and then a release in late 2016.

It's also Japan - every transition to new generation has been painfully slow there in last few years

Wii-> Wii U
DS->3DS
PSP>Vita
PS3>PS4

Considering most CEOs there seem to be as elastic as 20 year old concreate I don't see any reason why NX would get more luck.
They will want to see a proof of sales potential first before commiting any significant resources.
That is true. Although i'm curious to how the transition will be if all (or almost all) NX games would work on both a console and a handheld. Maybe that will change things a bit regarding how publishers are delegating support to different platforms.

Ōkami

1. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes: 95pts
  2. [3DS] PriPara Aim! Idol ☆ Grand Prix No.1! - 39pts
  3. [3DS] 7th Dragon III: Code VFD - 33pts
  4. [WIU] Splatoon - 26pts
  5. [WIU] Super Mario Maker - 20pts
  6. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 15pts
  7. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 15pts
  8. [3DS] Picross 3D 2 - 12pts
  9. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team: 11pts
  10. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Limited Edition) - 9pts
  11. [PS3] Minecraft - 9pts
  12. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016 - 9pts
  13. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - 9pts
  14. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad - 9pts
  15. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Bargain Edition) - 8pts
  16. [3DS] Chibi Robo Zip Lash! - 8pts
  17. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu (Limited Edition) - 6pts
  18. [PS4] FIFA 16 - 6pts
  19. [3DS] Monster Hunter: Poka Poka Airou Village DX - 6pts
In case you're wondering, no comgnet did not have weekly numbers the previous week, this right here is for this week, Oct 19-25, they did not give an update for last week, Oct 12-18.

Sterok

Now we're at the point where Splatoon is charting above Mario Maker. Or if not this week, then very soon afterwards. Looks like Picross is having surprisingly decent legs. Was that to be expected, or am I off the mark?

horuhe

Now we're at the point where Splatoon is charting above Mario Maker. Or if not this week, then very soon afterwards. Looks like Picross is having surprisingly decent legs. Was that to be expected, or am I off the mark?

Well, I think both the Rakuten Books charts and the COMG! charts are a little bit biased toward this game. If you see the Media Create numbers of this week for the game, they are not high at all.

test_account

XP-39C²
Picross sold about 266k and Picross 3D sold about 169k (both DS games, Famitsu numbers). There is also a 3DS game, but i think that only exist as a download version.

I've collected the pre-order charts from comgnet since Oct 3rd, I missed the 6th though, but yeah, I got lots of numbers if any are curious and will still collect them daily. :)

For example, Monster Hunter Cross:

Oct 3rd - 1198pt
Oct 25th - 1585pt

Kancolle on Vita is not looking so hot; it's lost numbers over the past while, in both editions (just a couple of points but it's still a loss).

Edit: Technically each are up and down, the higher number went down a bit then went back up a couple, but the smaller one (the LD one?) went down on the 22nd from 91 to 90.

You get the idea.

Shizuka

For those who bought GEB for PSP there was a migration program (UMD passport) that was offered for free for certain period (around the launch of GE2), so audience with Vita should have migrated to digital version of GEB already. I'm not so sure how many people would double dip.

That's what I said in the second line of the post you quoted :p

Yeah, I just wanted to reassure that point.
Kinda missed that sentence while I was reading.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To me the pressure is primarily on God Eater 3 to prove the franchise out as something beyond your typical middling Bandai Namco effort, but given Bandai Namco's history, I'm not really expecting much beyond a regular 350-550K performance even before seeing the game.

They're just not a very ambitious publisher and their series suffer over time for it. They make so many they don't seem to care though.

CoD: Black Ops 3 - 77pt
Star Wars Battlefront - 38pt
Fallout 4 - 30pt

Niigata prefecture clearly joined the Dark Side...

tumblr_not3emMuhL1uve83to5_400.gif

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 43 2015

01./00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes <ADV> (Nintendo)
02./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No.1! <ACT> (Takara Tomy)

03./01. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD <RPG> (Sega)
04./02. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
05./05. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
06./03. [WIU] Super Mario Maker <ETC> (Nintendo)
07./09. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5)
08./10. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Mojang AB)
09./07. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
09./11. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team <ACT> (Level 5)
11./08. [3DS] Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon <RPG> (Nintendo)
12./12. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King <RPG> (Square Enix)
13./04. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
14./15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./18. [3DS] Picross 3D 2 <PZL> (Nintendo)
16./24. [3DS] Famista Returns <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games)
17./14. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain <ADV> (Konami)
18./13. [PS4] Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
19./22. [PSV] Utawareru Mono: Itsuwari no Kamen <RPG> (Aqua Plus)
20./19. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain <ADV> (Konami)

hiska-kun

Well, I think both the Rakuten Books charts and the COMG! charts are a little bit biased toward this game. If you see the Media Create numbers of this week for the game, they are not high at all.

I would say that this is because Super Mario Maker bundles aren't included on either chart (Tautaya either).

I wouldn't expect Splatoon over SMM until the new bundle releases.

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 43 2015

01./00. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes <ADV> (Nintendo)
02./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No.1! <ACT> (Takara Tomy)

03./01. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD <RPG> (Sega)
04./02. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
05./05. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
06./03. [WIU] Super Mario Maker <ETC> (Nintendo)
07./09. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5)
08./10. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Mojang AB)
09./07. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
09./11. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team <ACT> (Level 5)
11./08. [3DS] Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon <RPG> (Nintendo)
12./12. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King <RPG> (Square Enix)
13./04. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
14./15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./18. [3DS] Picross 3D 2 <PZL> (Nintendo)
16./24. [3DS] Famista Returns <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games)
17./14. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain <ADV> (Konami)
18./13. [PS4] Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
19./22. [PSV] Utawareru Mono: Itsuwari no Kamen <RPG> (Aqua Plus)
20./19. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain <ADV> (Konami)

Despite the bomba-pessimistic reports from the weekend, Zelda steadily holds the top spot, while PriPara is a serious candidate to become the surprise of 2015 winter holiday.
7th Dragons keep seeling well, another hit for 3DS, Youkai Watch over minecraft shows the 3DS power over the poor vita, Mystery Dungeon just lost 3 positions, good legs, and DQ7 incredibily holds the same position, one million mark is just around the corner at this rate!
ACHHD and Picross didn't lost momentum, same as Famista Returns which clearly indicates that 3DS is the system when games must be published.
good week indeed !!!

Takao

Banned
Of course GE: Resurrection will sell way less than 2 or 2: Rage Burst; this is to be expected: it's not a new mainline game. It's not a remaster either, though: the game will include a new combat mode, a new story to connect the two entries; all weapon types that were recently introduced with 2. Graphically, something has been redone as well.It's really a remake, even if it's releasing only a few years later the original game.

Video games seldom get shot for shot remakes. They're clearly reusing most of the animation and environmental assets from the PSP release. The base game has had some redone textures and character models, but that is really stretching the definition of what a remake is.

Shift most likely ported the first game's assets into their GE2 engine (since it's on PSV/PS4) and worked from there. That's why you've got all the weapons from those two games.

horuhe

I would say that this is because Super Mario Maker bundles aren't included on either chart (Tautaya either).

I wouldn't expect Splatoon over SMM until the new bundle releases.

Well, at least on Rakuten it is included as a different SKU. Yeah, and as you said wouldn't expect Splatoon being higher.

Btw, I was answering the question related to Picross 3D 2, game that charted higher than it really sells.

Video games seldom get shot for shot remakes. They're clearly reusing most of the animation and environmental assets from the PSP release. The base game has had some redone textures and character models, but that is really stretching the definition of what a remake is.

Shift most likely ported the first game's assets into their GE2 engine (since it's on PSV/PS4) and worked from there. That's why you've got all the weapons from those two games.

Uh? The term remake doesn't necessarily imply a great graphical leap, especially here where the average PSV game isn't much, much more technically advanced. Resurrection will have much more contents than the original game and has been remade by Shift (you also said that character models have been redone). I don't even see your point about why there are new weapons...? Those are contents not present in the original release, and they should add appeal to the game.

a 5 years old enhanced port already given free last year is selling less than a brand new game

breaking news at eleven

GE2 is a brand new game but GE2:RB is not.

Wii-> Wii U
DS->3DS
PSP>Vita
PS3>PS4

It's not luck. PS4 didn't get most of third parties on board because of luck. They commit to platforms if there are incentives to do so. Nintendo must create them and I must say that Japanese third parties will be the easier to convince, given how DS and 3DS have been the most successful platforms for third parties in Japan on average.

third party support for nx wont be a problem in japan, the real test is western third parties

really hope decent performance and userbase is sufficient enough for multiplatform support at the very least

a 5 years old enhanced port already given free last year is selling less than a brand new game

breaking news at eleven
sarcastic and bitter

welcome back

Ryng_tolu

Banned
third party support for nx wont be a problem in japan, the real test is western third parties

really hope decent performance and userbase is sufficient enough for multiplatform support at the very least

sarcastic and bitter

welcome back

Ubisoft and ActiVision won't be a problem.
EA thotgh...

Fisico

Uh? The term remake doesn't necessarily imply a great graphical leap, especially here where the average PSV game isn't much, much more technically advanced. Resurrection will have much more contents than the original game and has been remade by Shift (you also said that character models have been redone). I don't even see your point about why there are new weapons...? Those are contents not present in the original release, and they should add appeal to the game.

His point is that Resurrection is mostly Shift throwing assets and content from GE2/GE2RB into the first God Eater, and that doesn't make it a proper remake.

Now considering remasters (or even ports not 100% identical) often get called remakes I guess GE:R could be one, but they aren't "remaking" much.

His point is that Resurrection is mostly Shift throwing assets and content from GE2/GE2RB into the first God Eater, and that doesn't make it a proper remake.

Now considering remasters (or even ports not 100% identical) often get called remakes I guess GE:R could be one, but they aren't "remaking" much.

Well, marketing-wise, Bandai Namco is selling the game more as a remake than a remaster, though - as a new and improved version of the 2010 game.

Kysen

I will buy every GE no matter how many time they release it. No other hunting game matches the story/music and gameplay. Bandai has a loyal base to keeping selling to otherwise they would have ditched the game by now.

Despite the bomba-pessimistic reports from the weekend, Zelda steadily holds the top spot, while PriPara is a serious candidate to become the surprise of 2015 winter holiday.
7th Dragons keep seeling well, another hit for 3DS, Youkai Watch over minecraft shows the 3DS power over the poor vita, Mystery Dungeon just lost 3 positions, good legs, and DQ7 incredibily holds the same position, one million mark is just around the corner at this rate!
ACHHD and Picross didn't lost momentum, same as Famista Returns which clearly indicates that 3DS is the system when games must be published.
good week indeed !!!

dM4TB3c.gif

OhMyGod

Neo Member
Yomawari among the top 10 of Amazon Japan now:O
Maybe it will sell more than all Nippon Ichi PS4 games within the first week.

Top Bottom