• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2015 (Nov 2 - Nov 8)

Shahed

I thought Sony were publishing CoD this time instead of Square? So no Xbox I think

Yes, and Microsoft is the publisher of the Xbox versions.

Ah I see. fair enough. Well if Halo only did 7k, it's not surprising CoD did less than 4k with them being also available on PS4/PS3

"It's printing money" does not mean "it is profitable", otherwise the same could probably be said about Wii U at the moment, I doubt at 300€ (or Japanese equivalent) they sell the console at a loss.

Well they're not really comparable, PS4 sells more than 3x as much.

Zhao_Yun

At least PS4 is doing quite a bit better in Japan than some of the doomsayers were predicting last year (and to be fair not without reason either!). I'm glad PS4 has few good months at least. Who knows how it fares after January is over. Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is the only game I can think of that might release around then.

I'm very interested in seeing DQB split between Vita and PS4.

Off the top of my head, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Street Fighter V, Star Ocean V and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will release in February. Dark Souls III in March.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its completely mind boggling that XB1 COD couldn't even crack the top 30. What did the few folks who bought the system for actually buy it for?

YW Busters is beasting... It's going to explode during holidays - 2m seems a lock at this point. On the other hand, Pokémon SMD is having terrible legs.

Nice sales for Picross 3D 2.

It's not often you see a hardware bump due to a Western game.

We saw something similar last year with the launch of Destiny.

Assumed it either didn't release or was releasing at a different time. If even CoD can't break 4,000 on Xbox One that doesn't paint a good picutre.

It could be

- Japanese XB1 owners play only XB1 exclusives
- Japanese XB1 owners also own PS4 and play BLOP3 on PS4
- Japanese XB1 owners sold their XB1, buy PS4 and play BLOP3 on PS4

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Well they're not really comparable, PS4 sells more than 3x as much.
Yes, I did not want to claim it would be apt to post such a if for Wii U. In fact, that would be quite ironic. I just wanted to explain that the mere fact that the system is sold at a profit (even if combined with the fact it has reached the first place in the hardware charts for the week) is not calling for that gif.

Gwarf

Banned
i dont think these japanese numbers are on that level, in fact they are pretty average in the grand scheme of things, but in the rest of the world yea you could say that

gif usage for 33,442 is pretty depressing for the overall state of the Japanese console market. :/

Memes can still be used unfittingly. Memes are not completely devoid of meaning.

3EgQKik.gif

notaskwid

By your logic, it still might be possible that the Wii u, at its high price point, makes more than 3x what the ps4 makes at its lowered price point, defeating your response.

Do you have a quote on that?
The Ps4 is made on much larger quantities and with components much more common than the wii u's, it also doesn,t have a 7 inch screen atached to each SKU. I seriously doubt nintento makes even twice the profit of sony for each sold console.

Are the sales of the PS4 version of Fairy Fencer in line with whatever expectations for the title could have been or do you see it as a bomba ? I don't know how the title performed on PS3, it was much better?

Yes, I did not want to claim it would be apt to post such a if for Wii U. In fact, that would be quite ironic. I just wanted to explain that the mere fact that the system is sold at a profit (even if combined with the fact it has reached the first place in the hardware charts for the week) is not calling for that gif.

For the first time this year I think it does. People need to relax. So much pessimism in this thread, every week lamenting the same thing over and over again. We can't even have a small celebration when sales climb.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
For the first time this year I think it does. People need to relax. So much pessimism in this thread, every week lamenting the same thing over and over again. We can't even have a small celebration when sales climb.
Of course we can, this week's sales are great. They are not DS-2005-2006 great though and it's not running off its own popularity alone, but clearly fueled by a popular release.

ZoddGutts

It's okay guys, I'm sure WiiU will win at least one more week in hardware sales before it completely dies out. No need to get upset over PS4 beasting.
By today's standards

TheJoRu

Cerny's not dead. Why the portrait? lol

Presumably this Graphics Interchange Format photograph was taken at Sony HQ in Tokyo, and Mark could not be present; thus spawning the idea of representing him with a portrait as a token of appreciation for his work on PS4.

Call of Duty did well. didn't expect such a hardware bump for PS4

this week
07./07. [WIU] Super Mario Maker - 15,364 / 366,167
09./08. [WIU] Splatoon - 13,891 / 763,338

last week
07./04. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 13.764 / 350.803
08./06. [WIU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 11.969 / 749.447

Seems these two got a random bump. almost got the wii-U back over 10K

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nirolak, time to take Nintendo's mobile strategy out of your trash bin it seems. CEO of DeNA clarified that the first mobile games (ie: the 5 games announced) will all be "free to download".

Source

Well, this is certainly more encouraging than paid apps. Thanks for the heads up.

Freeman

Banned
I had no idea CoD was this big in Japan. Life is easy for Sony in there, with CoD being pretty much an exclusive, selling about as much as Bloodborne on the first week.

mclem

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2015 (May 25 - May 31)

01./00. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 144.818 / NEW <97,33%> [Units Shipped => 148.791]

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2015 (Nov 2 - Nov 8)

01./00. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 143,817 / NEW

I like the fact that the difference is exactly 1001. Not that that particularly means anything, but it's aesthetically pleasing.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Call of Duty did well. didn't expect such a hardware bump for PS4

this week
07./07. [WIU] Super Mario Maker - 15,364 / 366,167
09./08. [WIU] Splatoon - 13,891 / 763,338

last week
07./04. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 13.764 / 350.803
08./06. [WIU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 11.969 / 749.447

Seems these two got a random bump. almost got the wii-U back over 10K

That's not random, that's just holidays.
November is a bigger month than October, and the sales increase.

About Wii U, i believe will be easy over 20k next week, i say even over 25k.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Maybe we are heading for another Call of Duty decline in the end. It has similar opening with last year at famitsu and a 10% increase at media create for first week. It doesn't look it will shine soon again if this entry failed to do it.

I shudder at the thought of DRAGON QUEST BUILDER'S SALES potential if minecraft did that good.
i mean the name carried a somewhat mediocre musou game to 1 million easily in japan alone.

Top Bottom