• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2011 (Nov 28 - Dec 04)

Fularu

Banned
First predictions ever, I'm soo going to suck at them :D

Prediction

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 325,000
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 192,000
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 67,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 720,000
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 247,000
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 160,000
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 25,000
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 80,000

Jonnyram

These predictions are so low, I can't tell if people are predicting for 19-25 Dec or 26 Dec-1 Jan lol.
Sorry if it's bad form to comment on predictions. Not gonna single any out in particular.

jeremy1456

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 400,000
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 90,000
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 90,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 500,000
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 300,000
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 60,000
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 70,000
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 50,000

This is my first time predicting.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
However, I can't still understand why we don't have info on Vita's first shipment yet.
It's strange...right?

Kenka

What would be the advantage of proceeding so ? Undership and then claim to have sold the thing out to make lesser numbers less unimpressive ?

Or something else ? I really don't know.

PunchyBoy

Banned
First predictions ever, I'm soo going to suck at them :D

Prediction

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 325,000
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 192,000
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 67,000
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 247,000
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 160,000
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 25,000
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 80,000

Yep, Famitsu estimated that 3DS sold 375k in 2 days since Monster Hunter 3G :p

These predictions are so low, I can't tell if people are predicting for 19-25 Dec or 26 Dec-1 Jan lol.
Sorry if it's bad form to comment on predictions. Not gonna single any out in particular.
Didn't we already make prediction about that week or I remember wrongly??
Eh, what? We made whole December predictions and then we're doing one week at a time, currently for the 12-18 week. Deadline being:
t1323867600z0.png

Reminder that this is a special week where rather than the usual 2 rankings (6 medals) its 6 rankings (18 medals) so join before I sell out.
fM5S3.gif

Also, some people sure have short memory.

Kenka, nice of you to predict on post 1298 but what about those on 547. You did the same last week too, off to the offenders list.

Startship, so there's post 1299 but what about poor post 608.

I'll take the latter (post, as in those closest to deadline) just like those who edit them (before deadline), but it was kind of fun to ignore, sorry for pointing it out, couldn't help it.

If sony can only ship like 300K vita this week then it seems like a bit of a weird time to launch. They could have sold out their initial shipment any time and instead they are wasting their launch in a holiday season. Now after the initial few weeks after launch they will have to wait all year for a holiday season.

I think it would have been better if they were able to launch a few weeks earlier but i may be way off with this.

Then again i think the vita launch date in the west isn't that great either.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH

Kenka, nice of you to predict on post 1298 but what about those on 547. You did the same last week too, off to the offenders list.

Startship, so there's post 1299 but what about poor post 608.

I'll take the latter (post, as in those closest to deadline) just like those who edit them (before deadline), but it was kind of fun to ignore, sorry for pointing it out, couldn't help it.

lol. I'd completely forgotten the first one, just ignore it and take the later.

gkryhewy

If sony can only ship like 300K vita this week then it seems like a bit of a weird time to launch. They could have sold out their initial shipment any time and instead they are wasting their launch in a holiday season. Now after the initial few weeks after launch they will have to wait all year for a holiday season.

I think it would have been better if they were able to launch a few weeks earlier but i may be way off with this.

Then again i think the vita launch date in the west isn't that great either.

If they have a low quantity launch, it's because they choose to (lesson learned from the 3DS market flood at a high launch price). If they're only able to sell ~300k, launching with more can be disastrous.

kwaoghana

Neo Member
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 333,000
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 175,000
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 92,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 620,000
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 360,000
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 120,000
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 40,000
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 60,000

If they have a low quantity launch, it's because they choose to (lesson learned from the 3DS market flood at a high launch price). If they're only able to sell ~300k, launching with more can be disastrous.

Mm. I think it may be better to launch low and have regular, if small, shipments to meet demand rather than ship, say, a million, and have most of that stock sitting on shelves or sold at discount price. Bad will with retailers, bad publicity with the press and a poor impression to give potential buyers.

waicol

Banned
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 410,000
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 190,000
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 88,000
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 425,000
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 145,000
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 48,500
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 70,000

Predictions
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 372k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 172k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 97k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 777k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 277k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 77k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 47k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 37k

Looks like Bethesda couldn't move to the top spot due to a bug in the three top rings
still feels bitter that this bug is not fixed yet in 360 version

Famitsu Top10 (12/05 - 12/11/2011):
01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom) - 471.055 / NEW
02. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
03. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
04. [PS3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
05. [PS3] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS (Bandai Namco)
06. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Bandai Namco)
07. [WII] Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Nintendo)
08. [NDS] Tongari Boushi to Oshare na Mahou Tsukai (Konami)
09. [PSP] Toaru Kagaku no Chou Denjihou (Kadokawa Shoten)

10. [WII] Just Dance (Nintendo)

Alrus

Some Konami diva simulation game for DS (with cute little graphics) and some RPG looking game from D3 :p

That's Magician Quest, some kind of animal crossing clone if I remember correctly.

And Zelda could have still risen a bit, the titles in the top 10 probably did some pretty nice numbers. Won't do anything stellar though.

Kenka

Damn, I got Ichigo-ed.
I stick to my first predictions, I totally forgot that I did them. I really have subscribed to suckage-age in these predcition league :-(

edit : rankings finally ! Kirby ? JD ?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In something like 30 minutes, we'll have datas from Media Create.
Will we see again a great discrepancy between the two trackers for Monster Hunter?
With Portable 3rd, we've seen 200k units of difference :lol

Something to add, something which could be an indication for the numbers.

[NDS] Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times (Konami) - 50.981 / 480.596 / 10,61% 13/11/08
[NDS] Magician's Quest:The Merchant's Store of Sorcery (Konami) - 40.208 / 328.894 / 12,23% 11/11/10

8th position should be in 40k range.

Hopefully we'll see Zelda at #11. :(

Magician's Quest 3 did great, this series has quietly become Konami's 3rd biggest seller in Japan (only behind Metal Gear and Winning Eleven). I wonder why more companies don't put out Animal Crossing clones?

Hopefully we'll see Zelda at #11. :(

Magician's Quest 3 did great, this series has quietly become Konami's 3rd biggest seller in Japan (only behind Metal Gear and Winning Eleven). I wonder why more companies don't put out Animal Crossing clones?

Konami also failed in providing a successful rip-off of Professor Layton with both Zack and the Umbras on DS and Doctor Lautrec on 3DS.

cvxfreak

FFXIII-2 comes out tomorrow (8 minutes from the time of this post), yet amusingly, MH3G is above it on Amazon's charts. It was restocked 2 days early. (not that this means anything, but it's amusing to see it anyway)

Top Bottom