• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2016 (Nov 28 - Dec 04)

Speaking of Square Enix how is it looking for Scarlet Grace? Isn't it out next week?

Will it beat Legend of Legacy at least?

40 points on COMG, it ain't looking great.

I'm guessing it'll beat Legacy by virtue of it releasing so close to the holidays, which should give it better legs than the non-existent ones Legacy had.

Ōkami

SaGa is an RPG without dungeons, or towns right?

Just the overworld and battles, at least that's what the new trailer makes it out to be.

duckroll

Ōkami;226368154 said:
SaGa is an RPG without dungeons, or towns right?

Just the overworld and battles, at least that's what the new trailer makes it out to be.

Sort of. There's supposedly a shitload of content in the game. Battles only seem to make up a part of it. The world map acts as a large game board for players to explore and interact with stuff. There are towns, cities, dungeons, events, etc all over the world map, except they are not explorable maps of their own. They trigger story events, battles, dialogue choices, menus, etc.

I generally spend a month on a large jrpg. But thats because i like to do everything and get platinums.

But yeah im definitely not the average consumer.

Oregano

40 points on COMG, it ain't looking great.

I'm guessing it'll beat Legacy by virtue of it releasing so close to the holidays, which should give it better legs than the non-existent ones Legacy had.

That's kind of embarrassing really.

Kawazu should go back to making Crystal Chronicles games.. don't crush my dreams

That's kind of embarrassing really.

Kawazu should go back to making Crystal Chronicles games.. don't crush my dreams

Given how Star Ocean performed and how SaGa looks (pretty, but quite obviously a low-effort mobile-esque title) it's kinda what I'd come to expect. It's a shame, but there you go.

As for Crystal Chronicles - didn't you hear? FF XV bombed and all future mainline titles will be going to Switch! No need for Nintendo spinoffs anymore :p

duckroll

Are you meaning 2 weeks of playtime or just 2 weeks playing intermittently? Maybe I'm slow, but the ones I've completed (4 & 6) easily took me more than that.

Lol, guys look at what I was replying to. I was just making a joke because someone said FFXIV's initial value only applied for a month because of the subscription.

Oregano

Given how Star Ocean performed and how SaGa looks (pretty, but quite obviously a low-effort mobile-esque title) it's kinda what I'd come to expect. It's a shame, but there you go.

As for Crystal Chronicles - didn't you hear? FF XV bombed and all future mainline titles will be going to Switch! No need for Nintendo spinoffs anymore :p

Unless they have multiplayer and a Kumi Tanioka soundtrack I'm not interested...

MANUELF

Banned
[FCM] Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square) {1987.12.18} (¥5.900)
[FCM] Final Fantasy II <RPG> (Square) {1988.12.17} (¥6.500)
[FCM] Final Fantasy III <RPG> (Square) {1990.04.27} (¥8.400)
[SFC] Final Fantasy IV <RPG> (Square) {1991.07.19} (¥8.800)
[SFC] Final Fantasy V <RPG> (Square) {1992.12.06} (¥9.800)
[SFC] Final Fantasy VI <RPG> (Square) {1994.04.02} (¥11.400)
[PS1] Final Fantasy VII <RPG> (Square) {1997.01.31} (¥6.800)
[PS1] Final Fantasy VIII <RPG> (Square) {1999.02.11} (¥7.800)
[PS1] Final Fantasy IX <RPG> (Square) {2000.07.07} (¥7.800)
[PS2] Final Fantasy X <RPG> (Square) {2001.07.19} (¥8.800)
[PS2] Final Fantasy XI # <RPG> (Square) {2002.05.16} (¥7.800)
[PS2] Final Fantasy XII # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2006.03.16} (¥8.561)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2009.12.17} (8.800)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300)
[PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800)

Why not original FF 14 release?

Orgen

Late to the FFXV party but damn, those are some bad numbers :| But what's worse is the posts by some defenders here and other threads... my god what an embarrassment reading I got this morning trying to catch up with everything.

It seems that FFXV is going to the bomba bins in Japan (if it's not there yet) so I hope that the West and rest of Asia can make up for the Japanese sales and sell most of the 5 million shipment soon (I expect a later re-release of the game with all the DLC and changes promised but it won't be at least until Q2 2017). Anyway it's going to be interesting to see what SE will make with FF XVI.

Regarding the game's prices I can assure you that Switch games will be priced like Wii U games at least so yeah, bye bye handheld prices (for now). And one last question... anyone knows when will the Switch preordes go live in Japan? Are they expected just after the January show?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 50, 2016 (Dec 12 - Dec 18)

new releases

{2016.12.13}
[PS4] Wild Guns Reloaded _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Natsume) (¥1.666)

{2016.12.14}
[3DS] Elminage Original: Yami no Fujo to Kamigami no Yubiwa _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <RPG> (Joyful Table) (¥2.314)
[3DS] Shin Minna no Nurie: Cinnamonroll _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <ETC> (Collavier) (¥462)
[3DS] Dragon Fang |New Nintendo 3DS| _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Toydea) (¥0)
[WIU] PuchiCon Big _Wii U Download Software_ |DL| <ETC> (SmileBoom) (¥2.777)
[WIU] Run Run and Die _Wii U Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Cosen) (¥462)

{2016.12.15}
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2)(Nintendo 2DS Super Mario Pack White x Yellow) <BUN> (Nintendo) (¥11.980)
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5) (¥4.800)
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Level 5) (¥4.800)
[3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura - Busters T-Pack {Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi \ Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura} <RPG> (Level 5) (¥6.400)
[3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes <SPT> (Konami) (¥4.500)
[3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <SPT> (Konami) (¥4.500)
[3DS] Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom <ADV> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥4.800)
[3DS] Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥4.800)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Disturbed Snow, Moon and Flowers Edition Glacier White - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Disturbed Snow, Moon and Flowers Edition Black - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Final Battle! Edition Glacier White - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Final Battle! Edition Black - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Evil God Edition Glacier White - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Evil God Edition Black - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] PlayStation Vita Saga: Scarlet Grace Special Pack - Scarlet Grace Edition Metallic Red - Sony Store Limited Edition <H-W> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥20.980)
[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥6.800)
[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥6.463)
[PSV] Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom <ADV> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥4.800)
[PSV] Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥4.800)
[PSV] Furuki Yoki Jidai no Boukentan _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Daidai) (¥1.800)
[PSV] Bard's Gold _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (EastAsiaSoft) (¥907)
[PS4] Akiba's Beat <ADV> (Acquire) (¥7.200)
[PS4] Akiba's Beat (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Acquire) (¥5.741)
[PS4] Battle Garegga Rev.2016 <STG> (M2) (¥8.800)
[PS4] Battle Garegga Rev.2016 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (M2) (¥3.700)
[PS4] Hatsune Miku VR: Future Live - 3rd Stage _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Sega) (¥2.500)
[PS4] Here They Lie |PlayStation VR| _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥2.000)
[PS4] Star Strike Ultra VR _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥2.000)
[PS4] Furuki Yoki Jidai no Boukentan _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Daidai) (¥1.800)
[PS4] Bard's Gold _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (EastAsiaSoft) (¥907)
[PS4] ACA NeoGeo: Fatal Fury _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <FTG> (Hamster) (¥762)
[PS3] Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom <ADV> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥4.800)
[PS3] Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥4.800)

{2016.12.16}
[PS4] Maldita Castilla EX: Cursed Castilla _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Flyhigh Works) (¥1.111)
___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki < 220k (average 195k)
02. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon < 200k (average 160k)
03. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS < 100k (average 80k)
00. [PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace < 60k (average 50k)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Week 50, 2016 (Dec 12 - Dec 18)

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki < 220k (average 195k)
02. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon < 200k (average 160k)
03. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS < 100k (average 80k)
00. [PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace < 60k (average 50k)

They are only predicting ~200K for Yokai Watch 3's 3rd version's 1st week? (releases on 12/15...).... eek... YW2's special version opened pretty similarly to YW2. Looks like this one will open at a third of YW3's first week...

Ōkami

Sukiyaki expected to debut below Sangokushi and to have the series lowest first week since the first game, aside from the Just Dance game.

Many don't even expect it to sell more than Pokémon during its first week, not even worth comparing to Shinuchi.

Damn.

Bad for SaGa 2 but guess it was expected, Powapuro not even mentioned.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
There was very big range at both YW and Pokemon. I removed many high and low end predictions but still maybe they are not representative.

Ho-lee crap, that'd be an awful opening for SaGa. Wouldn't even reach 100k with an opening like that.

And Youkai Watch... yeah. Was to be expected after how 3 did, but we're still lightyears away from the last expanded version:

01./00. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 1.244.171 / NEW <84,77%>

1m less in the space of two years?

saichi

early in 2016 we thought YW brand was so strong that Sangokushi outsold Pokemon Conquest so easily. everyone thought YW3 would at least be as big as YW2. Somehow it went off the cliff in 4 months and never recovered...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
If Mario Maker is indeed so high already from week 50 it will top half million inside holidays easily. With NSMB2 2DS bundle in time for Super Mario Run launch maybe we'll see a rise for Mario platformers.

Barely related I know, but I was scanning through a thread about FF XV recently supposedly with bits of information leaked by an insider and these bits stood out to me:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226268927&postcount=1

The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started.

The game IS unfinished. I have to agree that the game was too ambitious for the development time available to work on it.

Reason I bring this up is because this is the second major Japanese IP where this generation we've had some kind of major forum-based backlash about the game being unfinished which has been backed up by insiders after the fact (the first being Metal Gear Solid V).

I know so many games these days ship unfinished and fix things via patches and DLC, but it's quite disheartening to see two storied franchises like this farting their games out of the door to meet deadlines (and choosing to ditch the bits that make a coherent story rather than elements of the open world or other design). Even if MGSV is somewhat understandable due to Konami and Kojima's feud and the former's seeming desire to bail out of the dedicated market; but with FF's history I thought it might've been treated with a little more respect (but supposedly the respect was the two-month delay).

I'm doubtful we'll see Yakuza or Resident Evil run into these problems, but both look significantly less ambitious than either FF or MGS.

And I don't see it having that big an impact on sales, but the protracted-yet-rushed-at-the-end timeline of Versus XIII/XV surely hurt it some. I have to wonder if they wouldn't have been better off just making a different game as XV and binning Versus XIII or leaving it as a project in the background.

early in 2016 we thought YW brand was so strong that Sangokushi outsold Pokemon Conquest so easily. everyone thought YW3 would at least be as big as YW2. Somehow it went off the cliff in 4 months and never recovered...

I remember a lot of people thinking the franchise had probably peaked with 2 actually, even before YW3 was unveiled. It was more the size of the drop that was shocking.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
And Youkai Watch... yeah. Was to be expected after how 3 did, but we're still lightyears away from the last expanded version:

01./00. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 1.244.171 / NEW <84,77%>

1m less in the space of two years?

I have to ask, I know that Youkai Watch was declining even last year in popularity, but are the games' severely dropping sales only because of that? I'm curious what the critical/public reception of Youkai Watch 3 is. Or has the anime dropped in popularity a lot or something with season 3? Like it's just weird seeing Yokai Sangokushi do well, see YW3 drop severely in popularity but still be a million seller, and then now having the third version of YW3 (sold during the holidays), potentially sell less than Sangokushi.

Ōkami

1. [PS4] Yakuza 6 - 392
  2. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 151
  3. [3DS] Pokemon Sun - 107
  4. [3DS] Pokemon Moon - 101
  5. [PS4] The Last Guardian - 95
  6. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV - 77
  7. [3DS] Miitopia - 56
  8. [3DS] Puyo Puyo Chronicle - 30
  9. [PS4] Watch Dogs 2 - 28
  10. [PS4] Battlefield 1 - 20
  11. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 17
  12. [3DS] Kunio-kun Nekketsu Complete: Famicom-Hen - 16
  13. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis - 15
  14. [3DS] Puyo Puyo Chronicle (Anniversary Box) - 12
  15. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu - 11
  16. [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis - 10
  17. [PS4] Touhou Shinhiroku: Urban Legend in Limbo - 10
  18. [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition - 10
  19. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo - 10
  20. [PS4] Resident Evil 6 - 9
Preorders
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 245
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki - 213
[PS4] Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 64
[PS4] Gran Turismo Sport - 59
[3DS] Momotaro Densetsu 2017 - 45
[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace - 42
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 - 39
[PSV] Danganrompa V3 - 28
[PS4] Super Robot Wars V - 21
[PS4] Gravity Rush 2 - 18
[3DS] Powapuro Heroes - 17
[PSV] Super Robot Wars V - 16
[PS4] Valkyria: Azure Revolution - 13
[PS4] Danganrompa V3 - 10

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 49 2016

01./00. [PS4] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life <ADV> (Sega)
02./04. [3DS] Pokemon Sun <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
03./05. [3DS] Pokemon Moon <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
04./03. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo)
05./00. [PS4] The Last Guardian <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
06./01. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
07./00. [3DS] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo)
08./06. [PS4] Watch Dogs 2 <ADV> (Ubisoft)
09./00. [3DS] Puyo Puyo Chronicle <RPG> (Sega)
10./07. [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)
11./12. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
12./00. [3DS] Kunio-kun Nekketsu: Complete Famicom Edition <ETC> (Arc System Works)
13./02. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV (Deluxe Edition) <RPG> (Square Enix)
14./08. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)
15./19. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
16./14. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
17./17. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo)
18./09. [PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
19./13. [PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
20./20. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 49, 2016 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

01./00. [PS4] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life <ACT> (Sega)
02./02. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo)
03./03. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
04./04. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
05./00. [PS4] The Last Guardian <ACT> (Sony Interactive)
06./01. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
07./00. [3DS] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo)
08./05. [PS4] Watch Dogs 2 <ACT> (Sony Interactive)
09./00. [3DS] Puyo Puyo Chronicle <RPG> (Sega)
10./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Interactive)
11./07. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo)
12./19. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft)
13./00. [3DS] Kunio-kun Nekketsu: Complete Famicom Edition <ETC> (Arc System Works)
14./06. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./22. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
16./21. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia)
17./18. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
18./25. [WiiU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo)
19./23. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo)
20./28. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 49, 2016 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

01./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5)
02./04. [PSV] Saga Scarlet Grace <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./05. [3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! <TBL> (Nintendo)
04./13. [3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes <SPT> (Konami)
05./07. [PS4] Resident Evil 7 (Grotesque Ver.) <ACT> (Capcom)
06./12. [3DS] Osomatsu-san Matsu Matsuri! (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Bandai Namco)
07./06. [3DS] Monster Hunter XX <ACT> (Capcom)
08./16. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue <RPG> (Square Enix)
09./28. [PS4] Resident Evil 7 <ACT> (Capcom)
10./11. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport (Limited Edition) <RCE> (Sony Interactive)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

----------

The Day Brakers was out this December 7th. TSUTAYA as always gave it some space. Some other people picked up the game alongside with the DVD/Blu-ray. PlayStation 4 Pro is available, but very few units.
3d6XsXj.jpg

X4Cjh9X.jpg

Famicom Mini is again on stock, but few units also. Some stores advice their clients to buy as soon as possible. As I comented some pages ago, Wii U hardware units are coming a little more for this holidays. Splatoon should see increases until the end of December.

Pre-orders for Monster Joker and Yoshi started this week. They are games for the next year, so at Santy they want to take profit from this holiday season.

And, again with FFXV. After what I said about Sofmap, trying to attract FFXV buyers to sell their copies, instead of selling the units they have, we have Mandai shop slashing prices day after day. This was on Friday...

...and this was on Sunday. The discount is not really big, but it shows how quick is the rate of discounting.

hiska-kun

With this position in the 3 charts, Miitopia seems like a ~50k opening. The sell-theough might still be low. Shipment is probably bigger than 200k, or even 300k.

The following weeks will be more telling.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
And, again with FFXV. After what I said about Sofmap, trying to attract FFXV buyers to sell their copies, instead of selling the units they have, we have Mandai shop slashing prices day after day. This was on Friday...

...and this was on Sunday. The discount is not really big, but it shows how quick is the rate of discounting.
I'm kind of confused. If you have a game on store shelves that you aren't able to sell, why would you want to buy used copies of said game? Are they essentially treating the new copies as a sunk cost and trying to make money out of cheaper used copies?

horuhe

I'm kind of confused. If you have a game on store shelves that you aren't able to sell, why would you want to buy used copies of said game? Are they essentially treating the new copies as a sunk cost and trying to make money out of cheaper used copies?

It's essentially that they have better margins selling second hand games (a kind of big market in Japan), since people tend to be more careful with their products during their lifespan, and don't seem used. Another theory that I have, but didn't prove it, is that Square Enix didn't allow to slash prices at big electronic stores such as in this case, Sofmap. Pictures I've been posting are from relatively small stores.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 50 it the week holiday rises really begin and will show what will show what kind of legs Pokemon, YW, Mario Maker and Miitopia will have.

At least for Miitopia if it went from Rabbids Land first day to something like 20-40% for first week things won't look so bad as they looked before. Soon we'll know if retailers were correct to order such big shipment or no.

edit: As I said before YSO predictions especially for YW3 were all over the place. I wouldn't give too much base at those numbers, there was >100% divergence between many low and high predictions.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

The impression was the YW franchise peaked with YW2 and had found its ceiling at 3m. What was difficult to be predicted was that from 2nd to 3rd entry it would drop as fast and big as it rised from 1st to 2nd. It is Level 5 and decline was expected at some moment but not so quickly.

BriBri

No time to read this thread but thought some of you would be interested to read that Good Feel receive special thanks in the Miitopia credits.

No time to read this thread but thought some of you would be interested to read that Good Feel receive special thanks in the Miitopia credits.

Interesting. They also helped out with Dream Team (did they also help with Paper Jam?).

I assume no other dev was brought up? This is an EPD Kyoto game?

BriBri

No other developer and in-house epd. From playing, it's obvious that it's the StreetPass Quest team but I also imagine some of the Tomodachi Collection team worked on it as the two games are very cohesive.

Good Feel are at least responsible for the outfits (some are yarn/wool based) but no idea with the gameplay.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Tomodachi Collection, one of the phenomenons of Japanese market

1*: [NDS] Tomodachi Collection <ETC> (Nintendo) {2009.06.18} (¥3.619) - 101.998 / 3.736.361 <86,64%>

graph.png

1*: [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥5.700) - 143.514 / 928.636 <60-80%>
2*: [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.12.01} (¥4.700) - 160.016 / 160.016 <40-60%>

graph.png

Ōkami

Final Fantasy XV was the best selling game on PSN last week, seems like it might've hold better than expected, digitally at least.

Or maybe Yakuza, Marvel and The Last Guardian didn't do that well.

Fisico

&#332;kami;226491557 said:
Final Fantasy XV was the best selling game on PSN last week, seems like it might've hold better than expected, digitally at least.

Or maybe Yakuza, Marvel and The Last Guardian didn't do that well.

Probably mean it's above 10-20k, which isn't much.

I hadn't realized Mario Maker 3DS had a higher first week than the Wii U version. Online or not, the port will have been worth it for Nintendo.

L~A

That's it, we finally have the time for the Nintendo Switch presentation.

Europe: 5AM (January 13th)
UK: 4AM (January 13th)
North America (ET): 11PM (January 12th)
North America (PT): 8PM (January 12th)
Japan: 1PM (January 13th)

Soon,you will be able to doom and gloom / praise our Lord and Saviour (your pick) to your heart's content ;)

Top Bottom