• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2011 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

This has me pretty curious about the MH numbers. MHP3rd dropped about 58% it's second week so the numbers for this should be over 300k given the supply constraints first week.

Don't the Vita games seem low? Did people buy just the system without games or what?

You're expecting it to chart significantly higher competing against a new Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy? For comparison PSP launched with only 1 game in the top 10, and then you have to consider the fact that now retail is competing with cheaper digital-only sales so that eats away at the number too. You'll probably see a lot of that where numbers seem low because a signficant portion of them won't be able to be tracked by Famitsu anymore.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Don't the Vita games seem low? Did people buy just the system without games or what?

They're exactly were they should be.

1 - They're launch window titles; therefore, they're competing against each other for the attention of early adopters;
2 - They're being released for the current system with the smallest installed base in one of the busiest weeks of the year;
3 - They're not exactly killer apps. HSG has great legs, but Uncharted just had it first mild success story in Japan like 2 months ago.

iceatcs

Holy shit Vita games on top 10. Either very poor software overall or both games are system sellers. Shame that it won't count the PSN version (maybe not much but even little do change little too)

Fularu

Banned
You mean both are very good numbers. Wow cheers

Numbers aren't low overall (as in, the top 5) and neither Uncharted or mingo seem to be system sellers (for now), if they have legs in the coming weeks, then yes, maybe we'll be able to call them "system sellers".

Wow. Good stuff all-around.
-3DS has their huge sales bump
-Vita games charting despite dilution from a large initial lineup

Want to see XIII-2's final number, given the estimation has been "Not as good as XIII but better than expected"

iceatcs

Lol I like when you said it good overall as top 5.

The problem is your meant on system seller is much difference than mine. I think there is no discuss with you.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
01./00. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2
02./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G
03./02. [3DS] Mario Kart 7
04./00. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark
05./03. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land
3DS just reached the phenomenon status.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I thought Inazuma Eleven Go would have been higher... maybe, it's just MK7 which is even higher, but I don't think this.
I'm wondering if we'll see another great rise for Nintendogs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I thought Inazuma Eleven Go would have been higher... maybe, it's just MK7 which is even higher, but I don't think this.
I'm wondering if we'll see another great rise for Nintendogs.

Level-5 is quickly falling from grace.

Fularu

Banned
Lol I like when you said it good overall as top 5.

The problem is your meant on system seller is much difference than mine. I think there is no discuss with you.

A system seller is a game that goes on to sell hardware on a long period of time. Wii Sports is a system seller, GTA used to be a system seller, now MH is a system seller in Japan.

Will Uncharted (very doubtfull in Japan) and Minna no Golf end up beeing system sellers? We don't know yet, we'll see in the coming weeks/months, it all depends on their legs and their power to attract new consumers on a weekly basis (and not the day one new hardware release crowd, as evidenced by the DS, unless you believe that people bought 3DS systems en masse for SFIV, Nintendogs and Layton?)

We're quite sure the top5 sold well, beyond that? it's anyone's guess.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Third parties don't sell on Vita confirmed.

Vita is the new Wii.

Wait first for Mh4th, FF7 remake, Dissidia 2, Before Crisis and XV multiplatform to come!!! :)D)

I hope XIII-2's numbers are great. When we get MediaCreate num?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
well, at least i don't have to worry about hardware sales...

I'm in love with Wii, but believe me when I say that if games don't sell, then there are problems.

However, let's see the rest of top20, where probably we'll see Lord of Apocalypse and Dynasty Warriors Next.

But not Ridge Racer. Absolutely not Ridge Racer.

Fularu

Banned
Wait first for Mh4th, FF7 remake, Dissidia 2, Before Crisis and XV multiplatform to come!!! :)D)

I hope XIII-2's numbers are great. When we get MediaCreate num?

FF XIII-2 numbers are going to be dreadfull, at least compared to what the franchise usually pulls.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
FF XIII-2 numbers are going to be dreadfull, at least compared to what the franchise usually pulls.

That's to be expected though. The same drop will happen in the west too. The funny thing is that probably this game will be way more profitable to Square Enix than the previous one. I guess they're ready to trade less sales for more profits from now on. I think XIII will be the last FF to hit 6ml in the next years. I expect both Versus, XIII-2 and maybe XIII-3 to hit around 2,5-3,5 ml ww. Yet, I'm sure Square will be happier about this.

Dissidia 2 already came out for PSP, and it sold much less than its predecessor :p

That was more closer to a Final Mix ver. than not a full new game. Plus it was on a dead console, abroad didn't have chances. If Dissidia 2 will ever exist (I think it will, one day), it will sell far better on a new console with a new engine and new content.

I'm in love with Wii, but believe me when I say that if games don't sell, then there are problems.

However, let's see the rest of top20, where probably we'll see Lord of Apocalypse and Dynasty Warriors Next.

But not Ridge Racer. Absolutely not Ridge Racer.

From what I've heard of the game, this would only be sweet justice.

Fularu

Banned
That's to be expected though. The same drop will happen in the west too. The funny thing is that probably this game will be way more profitable to Square Enix than the previous one. I guess they're ready to trade less sales for more profits from now on. I think XIII will be the last FF to hit 6ml in the next years. I expect both Versus, XIII-2 and maybe XIII-3 to hit around 2,5-3,5 ml ww. Yet, I'm sure Square will be happier about this.

Dunno, if XIII-2 has very good word of mouth, I can see XIII-3 inverting the trend and selling more than XIII-2 (or even on par with other "mainline" FF titles).

But then again, I would just go straight for XV and not waste time trying to salvage what is, essentially, a poisoned name.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think VIT would be a better three character abbreviation for Vita than PSV. PSV is less visually distinct ehen looking at the list because we already had 4 systems that started with PS.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Surprised to see Uncharted charting on a brand new system. It could have been RR, but lol Bamco.

If they just made a 60fps game with 3 tracks, it might have tracked. I hope that Japanese fans know just how crappy and cheap a cash and RR was. In my eyes, it's worse than F1 just because of the heritage RR brings. The 3DS and now this one have been shams.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think VIT would be a better three character abbreviation for Vita than PSV. PSV is less visually distinct ehen looking at the list because we already had 4 systems that started with PS.

Make the OT to determine that on GAF. You got the mod powers, make it happen!

VIT
ITA
PITA
PITAH
PETER

Just tossing out a few.

Top Bottom