• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2015 (Jan 26 - Feb 01)

BriBri

vita finally gets an original final fantasy

Dengeki PS occasionally covers non-PS games if they think their readers would be interested in them. IIRC, they covered some Persona Q stuff.

Yup, I believe they also had some key info back on Theatrhythm back when it was announced.
Really? How interesting. I may start picking it up. Thanks!

In today's 3DS news - Apprentice Witch and Fluffy Friends coming 23 April and PoPoLoCrois Harvest Moon dated for 18 June (not 28 as reported elsewhere).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DeNA (Mobage) shared their new strategy for Japan, China, and the West during their fiscal call.

Here's what they noted for Japan: https://www.techinasia.com/dena-2015-gaing-strategies/

Tech In Asia said:
DeNA yesterday released its operating results for October to December 2014. As it has promised before, the game business is still its core business, but now it’s got three strategies it wants to employ in the Japanese, Chinese, and Western markets.

These tactics are in line with what the mobile gaming giant calls its “next mountain of coin consumption.” DeNA’s revenue peaked consistently each time it released hit titles in 2011, 2012, and 2013, and it aims to do the same for 2015.

DeNA in Japan

Final Fantasy Record Keeper (FFRK) proves to be an active source of revenue for DeNA, and the company plans to promote it further. FFRK will receive more updates, events (it was not noted if these were in-game or physical), and there will be a focus on acquiring casual users. A version for Western markets is in development.

DeNA is also working on about 10 Android/iOS game apps for iOS and Android, centred around original IP. There will be RPG titles launched in spring 2015, and the company will be evaluating new genres for development. There are multiple titles in the 2015 financial year pipeline, which will begin in the second half of the year.

Current interesting things in this weeks Famitsu/Dengeki
- FFXV Luminous tech (eyes and hair)
- Persona 5 stuff (already posted)
- Will see some big movements this year happening for Deep Down (sounds like a 2016 release)
- Sengoku Musou producer wants to renew many features of the games on PS4 for the eventual Sengoku Musou 5

Dengeki Playstation next issue preview:
- DQHeroes start dash guide
- Final Fantasy special on FFXV, Type 0 HD, and Mevius
- New Information on Dragon's Dogma Online, Tokyo Xanadu, Yakuza 0, SAO Lost Song, Disgaea 5, Evolve and others
- Information on an unannounced title

Famitsu next issue preview:
- Special on GE2:RB
- PlayStation 4 first year anniversary satisfaction investigation
- New info on Dragon's Dogma Online

Must resist temptation to make a thread...heh

Biker19

Banned
Why would rpg fans buy a wiiu for xenoblade when there are basically no rpg games coming after it ( not including FE vs SMT).

PS4 has FF15, KH 3, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Ys , ect. Yes some of these are multiplatform.

That's a good point.

Though by the time that Persona 5 is out, I doubt that even Japanese gamers in Japan will care about the PS3 version of the game at all, let alone in the west as a lot of people are already jumping ship onto PS4 as of now.

Fisico

Though by the time that Persona 5 is out, I doubt that even Japanese gamers in Japan will care about the PS3 version of the game at all

What do you think will be the install base of PS4 in Japan by the time P5 release?
If P5 is supposed to be a 500k+ seller then I'd say that it's very unlikely that it'd sell more on PS4 than on PS3.

test_account

XP-39C²
This game seems going well in preorders (over 60pts on Comgnet). It might a further proof that anime tie-in of minor IPs are actually viable on 3DS.
Just wondering, was there ever any doubt or arguement against that? That a game with a known IP that might need to sell 30k to be successful wouldnt be possible on the 3DS.

It is a ranking of at closing time February 9, 2015

[PSV] God Eater 2 Rage burst - 351pt
[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes darkness dragon and of the world tree castle - 229pt
[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes darkness dragon and of the world tree castle - 140pt
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D - 110pt
[PS3] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 89pt
[3DS] Seven Deadly Sins truth of false accusation - 70pt
[PS4] Bloodborne Limited Edition - 65pt
[PSV] Sword Art Online - Lost Song - (Limited Edition) - 64pt
[PS3] Sengoku Musou 4-Ⅱ (Normal Edition) - 55pt
[PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 48pt
[PSV] Digimon Story cyber Sul © over scan - 43pt
[PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 42pt
[3DS] World Tree and Mystery Dungeon - 41pt
[PS4] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 41pt
[PSV] Sword Art Online - Lost Song - (Normal Edition) - 38pt
[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 36pt
[PSV] shepherd -Library Party- (Limited Edition) of the large library - 32pt
[PS4] God Eater 2 Rage burst - 31pt
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 31pt
[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 26pt

wow seems like GE2BR is gonna kicking some ass
it has more points than all the 3DS titles combined

Oregano

Oh man, Vita's comeback starts now!

ibdiNYjyJ3qSTW.gif

zeromcd73

TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!?????

Seriously. can you please expand on this
That's pretty much at. Will probably need to wait for magazine scans to release.
PS4PS3PSV「戦国無双4-II」
 冊子付録にてキャラ紹介の他鯉沼プロデューサーインタビューも。5ではPS4の性能をより活かしてリニューアルしたいと話している。

Oregano

I doubt it will boost vita like God Eater 2

I was being sarcastic. The merit of comparing preorders at one retail chain for games in different series and genres on different platforms, releasing at different times and available for preorders for different length of times is probably quite low.

You can probably compare it to GE2 vanilla in which case it's likely to have a similar, or stronger, launch. It looks like they are losing sales from the lack of PSP though.

small44

I was being sarcastic. The merit of comparing preorders at one retail chain for games in different series and genres on different platforms, releasing at different times and available for preorders for different length of times is probably quite low.

You can probably compare it to GE2 vanilla in which case it's likely to have a similar, or stronger, launch. It looks like they are losing sales from the lack of PSP though.

Did you quote the wrong person

Spiegel

It's an expansion. If GE2:RB Vita does similar numbers to the original release it would mean that it's also getting the PSP audience.

Oregano

Did you quote the wrong person

No? You replied to my comment about Vita comeback as if it was serious. Unless I misconstrued it?

EDIT:
It's an expansion. If GE2:RB Vita does similar numbers to the original release it would mean that it's also getting the PSP audience.

Yeah probably but Burst did better than the original and there's a good chance it will be more frontloaded.

Spiegel

No? You replied to my comment about Vita comeback as if it was serious. Unless I misconstrued it?

EDIT:

Yeah probably but Burst did better than the original and there's a good chance it will be more frontloaded.

The original release of God Eater Burst didn't do better than God Eater. 400k+ vs 600k+
Burst also had the benefit of having the added content sold as an append disc for owners of the first game.

Takao

Banned
Did we get a breakdown between God Eater Burst's append disc and the complete version? I don't believe Rage Burst has an append version, so returning players have to shell out full price.

Oregano

The original release of God Eater Burst didn't do better than God Eater. 400k+ vs 600k+
Burst also had the benefit of having the added content sold as an append disc for owners of the first game.

Why was I under the impression it did better?

Ignore what I said then.

casiopao

Really? How interesting. I may start picking it up. Thanks!

In today's 3DS news - Apprentice Witch and Fluffy Friends coming 23 April and PoPoLoCrois Harvest Moon dated for 18 June (not 28 as reported elsewhere).

Apprentice Witch is Tongari Boshi right?

If yes, KONAMIIIIIIIII bring it hereeeee. There is a huge market for this game here. Fantasy Life, Disney Magical Castle, Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life shows that the fans is huge for sim games.

Edit: nope not the same. My heart shattered..... Konamiiiiiiiii.

duckroll

In the Famitsu interview with Yoshinori Ono and Kazunori Sugiura, they reveal that Capcom has many, many more plans for online titles. There are over 10 unannounced titles they are developing under the Capcom Online Games banner at the moment.

Did we get a breakdown between God Eater Burst's append disc and the complete version? I don't believe Rage Burst has an append version, so returning players have to shell out full price.

and no PSP version this time, if you want to play GE2BR on handheld, Vita is the only choice

GE2 on PSP did more than 100k iirc (i'd say 200k but i'm not sure of it)

BriBri

Apprentice Witch is Tongari Boshi right?

If yes, KONAMIIIIIIIII bring it hereeeee. There is a huge market for this game here. Fantasy Life, Disney Magical Castle, Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life shows that the fans is huge for sim games.

Edit: nope not the same. My heart shattered..... Konamiiiiiiiii.
Nope it's Nippon Columbia with a spiritual successor to the Chocolate Dog RPG but with a more Pokemon type game (http://www.columbia-games.com/3ds/mocomoco/)

Just wondering, was there ever any doubt or arguement against that? That a game with a known IP that might need to sell 30k to be successful wouldnt be possible on the 3DS.

Uhm, yes? Game from known franchises outside video games might bomb also on successful platforms. Or, as it often happens, how big an anime / manga IP is does not translate in huge video game sales. Anyway, this game seems posed to sell well for what it is.

The lack of Senran Kagura is worrying, considering that it's a game targeted towards an audience that surely preorder a lot. Also, Type-0 HD e One Piece seems super low.

and no PSP version this time, if you want to play GE2BR on handheld, Vita is the only choice

GE2 on PSP did more than 100k iirc (i'd say 200k but i'm not sure of it)

206,388 according to Famitsu.

Let's see if PSV is able to get the PSP audience, or it will stuck with original buyers.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
GE2Burst is gonna kick some ass indeed. I expect it to become the second best selling title on Vita, while I see other multiplatform games across PS systems to be very PS4-balanced.

casiopao

Nope it's Nippon Columbia with a spiritual successor to the Chocolate Dog RPG but with a more Pokemon type game (http://www.columbia-games.com/3ds/mocomoco/)

Hmm..... Another Nippon Columbia sleeper hit I think?

Anyone had Tongari Boushi 3ds final number? Does it have the leg like the old one here.T~T me want some good Tongari Boushi game too here Konami.

Frontier Gate 3D never existing also all Konami's fault. Kojimaaaaaaa.

mao2

Vita version of Phantasy Star Online 2 surpassed 1 million downloads 2 years after it was launched. Combined with physical copies sold, the total is over 1.2 million.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/150/G015005/20150210056/
 好評サービス中のオンラインRPG『ファンタシースターオンライン2(以下、PSO2)』(Windows PC/PlayStationRVita)において、PS Vita版のクライアントダウンロード数が、サービス開始から約2年で100万を突破、合わせてダウンロード版とパッケージ版合計クライアント頒布数は120万を突破いたしました。

Hmm..... Another Nippon Columbia sleeper hit I think?

Anyone had Tongari Boushi 3ds final number? Does it have the leg like the old one here.T~T me want some good Tongari Boushi game too here Konami.

Frontier Gate 3D never existing also all Konami's fault. Kojimaaaaaaa.

136,509 as of June, 2013 (the game was released in December, 2012).

Orgen

PS4 version of Burst won't reach the GE 2 PSP numbers so I expect the Vita version to recoup that difference.

Kysen

Disappointing that the vita verson of GE is so far ahead. Online was a joke last time with so many Japanese players on garbage wifi networks. Disconnects galore in the lobby. When connecting from ps4 you have to wait ages for the vita clients to sync.

Oregano

So do you think GE2:RB will sell north of 550k units, assuming the PS4 version will sell about 50k?

Nah, as Spiegel corrected me on Rage Burst only need to sell around 400K total for it to be a similar result to the original Burst. 400K is more than possible, it depends how frontloaded it is.

test_account

XP-39C²
Uhm, yes? Game from known franchises outside video games might bomb also on successful platforms. Or, as it often happens, how big an anime / manga IP is does not translate in huge video game sales. Anyway, this game seems posed to sell well for what it is.
Sure, its no guarantee to be successful or if it will fail. To me, it sounded that what you said earlier was a comment to some previous discussion where someone had said that it was impossible for a known IP that needs to sell ~30k to be successful on the 3DS, that is why i asked =)

monpiece

Banned
About GE2RB, I expect the Vita version to sell close to the Vita version of GE2 because it will get the biggest part of the PSP audience who will buy GE2RB, and it will also lose the traditional ratio of people who don't buy the expanded versions.

As for hardware, I see it selling only 10-25k of those bundles for PSP fans who didn't make the jump yet and are willing to get a Vita for GE2RB and maybe other games from the same genre.

PS4 version will prove it was made for the west only.

Sure, its no guarantee to be successful or if it will fail. To me, it sounded that what you said earlier was a comment to some previous discussion where someone had said that it was impossible for a known IP that needs to sell ~30k to be successful on the 3DS, that is why i asked =)

?

You are completely way off.

Jigorath

Banned

Comments like this really seem to ruffle some feathers on here. It's nice to see a Vita title doing so well.

Top Bottom