• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 50, 2011 (Dec 12 - Dec 18)

Mrbob

That....doesn't look good for FF13-2. FF13 turned off a lot of people. Enjoy the bomba in the west Squeenix.

Spiegel

dat gap

Mosou and RR starting higher on 3DS than Vita is surprising. Sign of things to come?

Musou starting lower is surprising, yes, but let's wait more than 2 days to know were it ends.

RR (aka pieceofshit aka paid demo) not charting is not surprising. It's encouraging.

[Nintex]

The next Final Fantasy will probably be produced by Eidos Montreal lol, essentially turning Square Enix into Konami the 2nd.

A week's numbers vs two days. Not really a fair comparison. although sadly people will compare.
Those first day numbers will include all pre-orders. So you're not looking at 2 days of sales, but at least 6 months of hype and anticipation.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
All we know that when in Japan a new hardware appear, the sales of the first week are higher than the next weeks.
But, here 3DS was epic, winning to Vita launch, and the news are this.
4 million 3DS now is highly likely to be happen, even next week.
Hope that more developers will jump to 3DS, because with this sales, will be stupid no make game for this.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I think FFXIII-2's numbers have a lot more to do with home gaming shrinking in Japan than everything else said here. I think the major changes happening in the habits of japanese players will be a real problem for all the devs there, Square Enix included. And Final Fantasy is part of it. Being a saga loved everywhere at the same level, they're loosing fans in Japan by insisting on developing it on home consoles when everything else changed in the landscape; at the same time, in the west home gaming is stronger for this genre and type of games. What will happen to FF? Will it become a multiplatform title with a focus on portables for local market and home consoles in the west? (PS3/VITA for example) Or will they drop the interest in Japan and try to make the saga stronger in the west?
The changes we will see after Versus's released will be BIG. I'm not expecting FFXV at this point to be on home consoles anymore, or not just on home consoles. Japan wants FF on portables like they wanted Monster Hunter and then Dragon Quest. Everything's changed, Square Enix will have to adapt.

Zoe

Tales of Xilia sold better than FFXIII-2 on its launch week.

[PS3] Tales of Xillia # <RPG> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.08} (¥8.379) - 525.605 / NEW <87,12%>

Yep, it happened.

Maybe the 360 version sold more than 1500 copies...

Yeshua

Final Fantasy to fall behind the Tales serie and Level 5 falling from heaven to hell, both of them are very impressive.

A note from a 3DS fan: These sales numbers are 7 days for 3DS and 2 days for Vita.
A week's numbers vs two days. Not really a fair comparison. although sadly people will compare.

This shouldn't be noted, since most releases, whether it's hardware or software, only have 2 or 3 days of sales instead of a week. So the playing field is leveled that way. Pointing it out almost always ends in a pitiful debate about how "sales could've been better if it had a whole week". The Vita's launch will be compared to 3DS's weekly numbers, just like the 3DS' launch was compared to the other hardware numbers from that week. Deal with it.

Cipherr

dat gap

Mosou and RR starting higher on 3DS than Vita is surprising. Sign of things to come?

Im not terribly sure this means much of anything at all. 3DS still has a massive userbase advantage in the millions over the Vita, and RR Vita is shit that absolutely deserves to brick. I dont think this says anything at all.

No need to get all crazy the next main line FF will out sell the next Tales game easy .
FFXIII-2 was a of time to tell the truth and a cheap way to make a new game.

I think FF13-2 will outsell Xilia also over the next few months overall, its just weird seeing it debut so terribly. They have really done a number on this brand with their 2 most recent releases man. They need a fucking change for the next major entry. A huge one.

Wait, what ? Next week is the last week of the year.

No, theres 2 weeks left, MC stops tracking a week on Sunday night it seems. So theres 2 more.

Yup, just searched to make sure

01./00.[PS3]Final Fantasy XIII(Square Enix) - 1.501.964/NEW

Holy shit... a third of what FF13 started at. Incredible.

[Nintex]

Hope that more developers will jump to 3DS, because with this sales, will be stupid no make game for this.

Japan already made up their mind and is backing it for Nintendo the challenge is the developers in the west but they won't budge so they just need to pump out Pokemons and Mario's untill they find something like Brain Training to bank on.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Don't think anyone cared for XIII-2. X had a strong impression... XIII did not.

Wow I knew ff would be bad but even that has shocked me, expected slightly more from the 3ds games but they're all still doing well except maybe inazuma

Ravage

Good numbers for Hot Shot Golf and Uncharted GA! :D

And needless to say, XIII-2 really bombed. The 360 version didn't even chart lol, guess it's goodbye for Toriyama (and Wada i hope).

How long before predictations league rankings?

This was my first attempt ever and I'm curious about my outcome, from what I gather I fared pretty well all beinng considered.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm a bit surprised to see Lord of Apocalypse on there. I wasn't interested in it before, but now I am. Is it coming to North America?

FFXIII-2 ... ouch. The drop off will probably be pretty steep too. No way it'll reach a million.

Those four 3DS games are sitting pretty high. Wonder how the rest of them did.

[Nintex]

Good numbers for Hot Shot Golf and Uncharted GA! :D

And needless to say, XIII-2 really bombed. The 360 version didn't even chart lol, guess it's goodbye for Toriyama (and Wada i hope).

Wada will never leave, in the far future Square Enix Japan will be Wada sitting alone in his office with Nomura drawing on the walls with crayons while Eidos produces all the games in Montreal.

Wada said to shareholders: "Our profit estimations were wrong, we're making like 95% less profit" and the shareholders were like: "Derp, ok then."
He continued: "Our latest MMO was big failure, but in the future we'll continue to focus on MMO games" and the shareholders were like: "Good job lad!"

Btw, how good is FFXIII-2? I know nothing about it, except for the weird Chocobo song, lol. Should I feel sad about the low numbers?

06. / 00. [3DS] Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) {2011.02.26} - 49.327 / NEW
18./00. [PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2011.12.17} (¥6.090) - 29.181 / NEW

A Musou game debuting a lot better on a NINTENDO CONSOLE!!!

That's like comparing the TP on Wii launch numbers to Skyward Sword launch numbers.

Oh wait, people does it anyway :p

Happy to see XIII-2 bomb, let's see if Square gets the message and stops producing shit.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Of course.

Second week's numbers should be fun. :)

02./01. [WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) - 137,093 / 657,000 (-74%)
02./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 208.427 / 730.386 (-60%)

They're SO fun, indeed!

A word has to go to Super Mario 3D Land here. Nintendo's ploy of syncing up the 2D and the 3D Marios appears to be working very nicely; there's a lot of potential there for 2D-style legs.

Already looks very likely to blow all other 3D Marios away.

Musou starting lower is surprising, yes, but let's wait more than 2 days to know were it ends.

RR (aka pieceofshit aka paid demo) not charting is not surprising. It's encouraging.

Musou's doubly surprising given 3DS got the less popular series too.

RR Vita shares some of the same technical issues the 3DS version did (30fps, slowdown with Nitrous) and while it's content lite, it was also half the price and had online.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Someone said in the previous thread that XIII-2 would sell less than 600k and he was laughed at.

Not surprised at anything else but PokéPark 2's performance.

I think FF13-2 will outsell Xilia also over the next few months overall, its just weird seeing it debut so terribly. They have really done a number on this brand with their 2 most recent releases man. They need a fucking change for the next major entry. A huge one.

Holy shit... a third of what FF13 started at. Incredible.

Will have to see the second week before i say it will out sell Xilia.
Still we are comparing sales of a FF semi main game to a Tales game when it comes to sales says it all .
Which just shows most people did not seem to care about FFXIII-2

DaBuddaDa

Hope Wada learn his lesson and should just fire Toriyama. It's all up to Nomura to save SE.

I agree with the Toriyama part. I can't see the Final Fantasy franchise ever refreshing itself or becoming as popular as it once was with that guy sitting in the captain's seat.

Morris

Disco Devil
Tales of Xilia sold better than FFXIII-2 on its launch week.

[PS3] Tales of Xillia # <RPG> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.08} (¥8.379) - 525.605 / NEW <87,12%>

Yep, it happened.

8tRzO.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That's like comparing the TP on Wii launch numbers to Skyward Sword launch numbers.

Oh wait, people does it anyway :p

Happy to see XIII-2 bomb, let's see if Square gets the message and stops producing shit.

...I don't understand. They're both launch titles for the console on which they've been released, and the comparison is even more illuminating when you consider that normally the Shin Sangoku Musou games do a lot better than Sengoku Musou ones.

...But, however, too much to wait for the rest of top 50, which should have a lot of other Vita's releases.

Top Bottom