• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2011 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

Gaborn

Since a couple of people made predictions I'll say I expect 35k for the Vita, give or take 10k. 45k would be borderline "healthy" (low but sustainable) 25k would be bad.

Kenka

At this point, going on posting in this thread without fresh news to bring with is ridiculous.

But... but....

:'(

donny2112

30-40K would be reasonable if this weren't December. Third week in December with second week @ 72K makes > 50K seem a must. *shrugs*

At the rate this thread is growing, this will be the new record holder for largest thread. Delayed numbers pushing more posts into the earlier thread is how the Golden Week 2007 thread got so big, too, IIRC.

30-40K would be reasonable if this weren't December. Third week in December with second week @ 72K makes > 50K seem a must. *shrugs*

At the rate this thread is growing, this will be the new record holder for largest thread. Delayed numbers pushing more posts into the earlier thread is how the Golden Week 2007 thread got so big, too, IIRC.

What's the previous record? Has any Media Create thread ever reached over 2,000?

Either way, if Vita starts maintaining a status quo, and 3DS rules the charts with the occasional PS3/PSP/PSV title I quickly expect the threads to be <300 posts again, because nothing will be shocking anymore, just like when Wii/DS dominated. These mega threads are happening thanks in part to 3DS turning around and Vita coming off slow.

Makes me miss the 2005 threads, honestly.

What's the previous record? Has any Media Create thread ever reached over 2,000?

Here's something relevant posted earlier in this very thread (edit, ah, posted by the same guy you were chatting to, so he'll probably be snapping back with a much more precise answer anyway):

Through the Dec 5-11 thread.

MCPosts-2.png

Looks like it hit that target in mid-'07 (edit: which is probably the aforementioned Golden Week).

[Nintex]

Here's something relevant posted earlier in this very thread (edit, ah, posted by the same guy you were chatting to, so he'll probably be snapping back with a much more precise answer anyway):

Looks like it hit that target in mid-'07.

Woah, it's climbing and gaining momentum, looks like a great investment when are we taking sales age to the stock market?

TheNatural

My Member!
So are the Vita sales so abnormally low that they went to double and triple check the numbers, which is why they haven't come out yet?

So are the Vita sales so abnormally low that they went to double and triple check the numbers, which is why they haven't come out yet?

Nah, they're just amazed at how Skyward Sword stormed back up the charts, claiming half a million sales this week and sitting pretty atop the charts.

Dreaming can be fun. :(

So when are the numbers coming?

Sooooooon (repeating post from earlier in this page):

for those who is still waiting for 4Gamer's data

due to the holiday, 4Gamer will take rest between Dec 29 to Jan 4
The site will update again at Jan 5, 2012 (Japan time)
http://www.4gamer.net/

although there are some news already
but it seems they will not post the latest sales chart in midnight this time

It is now almost 7am in Japan on the 5th.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This might be the last set of numbers before it's discontinued, so we should make the most of them and have as many graphs as possible.

A pie-chart as well, preferably like Pac-Man.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Either way, if Vita starts maintaining a status quo, and 3DS rules the charts with the occasional PS3/PSP/PSV title I quickly expect the threads to be <300 posts again, because nothing will be shocking anymore, just like when Wii/DS dominated. These mega threads are happening thanks in part to 3DS turning around and Vita coming off slow.

The previous record?

This fucking thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154771

The funny thing is that the week after this has been the first time PS3 went below 10k.

Top Bottom