• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2012 (Dec 17 - Dec 23)

What's the point to state (or hope) that Wii U will sell more than Vita's LTD before X date? I mean, we all know that Wii U will be more successful than Vita, at least as far as we can predict now.

CANLI

For those who own a japanese 3DS, Mario Bros 3 is released today.

And Denpaman 2 goes from 1000 yen to 700 yen for 1 week (beginning new year) and the rhythm game Harmoknight goes down from 1800 yen to 1300 yen. I'll buy these 3 games.

Road

MH3U has a weekly value in 2011 that should belong to Pilotwings Resort.

Noticed when I was comparing:

MH3GHD

and saw the weird line running away from the chart and coming back. haha

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We'll see guys, it's pretty reasonable.

It's surely reasonable in the right context. For example: in a world where logic / past trends / software influencing hardware ( and then, no software = no hardware increases) don't exist, and people use their hats to drink sea water, your claims are very reasonable.

test_account

XP-39C²
There are three major rating agencies and depending on their rating the creditor will demand more interest
Yeah, that is true.

I find it hard to believe that one could revive the Vita. I've never seen anything fail quite like it before, but maybe I'm just a young whippersnapper who doesn't know what he is talking about. It just seems like the system itself is not suited for the market and price drops might not prove effective here. They'll have to pull out all the stops on the software if that is the case.
Yeah, software and price goes hand in hand. Making more interesting games and get the price down, that is all they can do. But how successful it will be is anyone's guess at this point.

Baki

Worldwide?
It should be there already by now, or may catch up with it by early 2013.

Japan-wise?
I reckon that's a very bold prediction.

Probably neither, to be honest. WiiU launch was lower than the Vita launch in the UK and its has been less promising in other parts of Europe as well.

On the flipside, USA numbers for WiiU launch have been respectable - but we will have to wait till December NPD until we get a better idea of wha's happening.

On the whole, its unlikely that the WiiU will pass the worldwide Vita LTD by February (let alone Japan).

However, I do expect the WiiU to trend above the PS3 and some weeks trend below it, depending on the release schedules of the respective consoles. I don't expect the WiiU to replicated any of the Wii success in Japan, but I do expect it to be within the 1M-2M YTD range for next year. You can blame thrid parties, but mostly, I'd blame Nintendo for going for a strategy which puts it behind competition technologically again! Except this time, the system doesn't have the 'hook' to light up the charts like the Wii initially did.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think he is trolling/doing an elaborate performance art piece.

zroid

Banned
For those who own a japanese 3DS, Mario Bros 3 is released today.

And Denpaman 2 goes from 1000 yen to 700 yen for 1 week (beginning new year) and the rhythm game Harmoknight goes down from 1800 yen to 1300 yen. I'll buy these 3 games.

Is HarmoKnight's discount permanent? About time honestly, it's a great game, but way overpriced.

What's the point to state (or hope) that Wii U will sell more than Vita's LTD before X date? I mean, we all know that Wii U will be more successful than Vita, at least as far as we can predict now.

To gauge how successful the Wii U will be...

If it sells more than than Vita by the end of January, that means the Wii U will be around the 1.2 million mark.

It will be 200k behind Wii in terms of sales, but it will be a good achievement.

I'm also surprised no one has brought up the possibility of deluxe sku shortages having an impact on these numbers. Iwata has openly stated that there have been shortages specifically for that sku, not necessarily the console as a whole. It's possible that the numbers could have been marginally higher had nintendo either gone with a single sku model or just made more deluxes relative to basics.
Is there an explanation for why the Deluxe model has become the most popular one?Because clearly Nintendo didnt predict it.

TAS

WiiU is most certainly suffering from supply constraints. At this time of year for it to be lower than last week sales makes this abundantly clear.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
WiiU is most certainly suffering from supply constraints. At this time of year for it to be lower than last week sales makes this abundantly clear.

Unbelievable...

Since it went lower obviously there is shortage. There is shortage, but of demand.

schuelma

Based on Iwata's statement last week and the anecdotal stuff I've read, I do think it is fair to say the premium pack is somewhat supply constrained. Probably marginally impacting hardware sales, but even with that there is clearly no Wii phenomenon occurring.

May16

There is no shortage bro. I'm in Japan. Wii-U is in every store. Stacks.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Do we actually have any confirmation? Or are you pulling this out of thin air like him?

There are so many posts in this thread and japanese blogs talking for availabilitty with minimal stock problems that I don't need any other confirmation to state the obvious.

Baki

That's good to know, should mean big numbers next week. Plenty of supply.

hahahah...I like you. You must be the greatest troll ever! ahahahah

EDIT: On another note, Vita @ 21K -> HOLY SHIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Also PSP beat its YTD...hahahahahah AND thats on a downturn!

May16

Even the premium units?

That I don't know about. I just know I took my Saturday morning English students up to the launch on the 8th with all the best intentions of taking pictures of the chaos and there was none. We walked into 3 different game shops, all with plenty of Wii-U. I don't actually care about buying one so I didn't look to see which kind there were.

Every store I go into now still has them on display, ready and available for purchase. (Again though, I haven't looked closely to see the type.)

Animal Crossing on the other hand....

Laguna

Banned
There are so many posts in this thread and japanese blogs talking for availabilitty with minimal stock problems that I don't need any other confirmation to state the obvious.

To be honest and fair the posts in these threads in WiiUs launch week didn´t exactly paint the picture that it actually had a sellthrough of 90%.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Amazing sales of the 3DS.
And the Wii U has a slight drop, but at least it isn't a sub-100k bomba.

TAS

Unbelievable...

Since it went lower obviously there is shortage. There is shortage, but of demand.

Are you really this dumb or just a pathetic troll? Look at EVERY OTHER SYSTEM sales from last week to this week. They all went up. Only the WiiU went down. Demand shortage my ass.

Rolf NB

I was informed in the last thread that this tracking period is traditionally the biggest shopping week of the Japanese calendar; and the Wii U should consequently be expected to hold or rise, rather than drop.

Although this drop seems minor, and could probably be classed as a hold essentially.
Well, yes. It's a good result. It shows us that the demand wasn't totally focused on an immediate launch craze. It'll probably (more than) double ongoing PS3 sales for at least a couple months into the new year.

Are you really this dumb or just a pathetic troll? Look at EVERY OTHER SYSTEM sales from last week to this week. They all went up. Only the WiiU went down. Demand shortage my ass.

Chris is the farthest from being a troll in these threads.

Edit, he's not remotely dumb either. Is this your first MC thread?

You do make a strong argument.

Anyone have any reasonable argument?

Tratorn

But its sold out on Amazon.

Byebye.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

I can't stand more stupidity today. We are over Vita defenders.

schuelma

Yikes about time to bailout, though it is refreshing to get crazies from the other side of the Wii U fence.

guek

Banned
Am I the only one who always hopes for illogical, irrational, unpredictable sales numbers?

Not for any specific company or platform but just in general. I like seeing sales gurus and analysts scratch their collective heads and mutter wtf.

Top Bottom