• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2013 (Dec 16 - Dec 22)

That's different file. It is more recent, actually, sales until Jun 2013. It lists Fire Emblem Awakening over 1 million, for instance.
lol, what. ^^

Time to update even more, haha.

You're right:

任天堂のDS向け累計ミリオンタイトル
(出所:会社資料、13年6月末現在、単位:万本)

But what if they are made up?

In the same reports, this firm list shipments for PS3 and Vita, but they seem to be guesses...
They distinguish the sources though:

任天堂の3DS向け累計ミリオンタイトル(出所:会社資料、13年6月末現在、単位:万本)

3DS million total for the title of the Nintendo (Source: Company data, in '13 the end of June, Unit: Thousands)

PS、PS2、PS3,PS4の出荷数量(出所:会社資料より推計、06/3期以前は生産出荷、予想は岡三証券、単位:万台、万本、本)

PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 Full Shipments Quantity (Source: Club Data Yori push meter, 06/3 before は produce a charge, I think は Okasan Securities Unit: million units, ten thousand, this)

Road

They distinguish the sources though:

任天堂の3DS向け累計ミリオンタイトル(出所:会社資料、13年6月末現在、単位:万本)

3DS million total for the title of the Nintendo (Source: Company data, in '13 the end of June, Unit: Thousands)

PS、PS2、PS3,PS4の出荷数量(出所:会社資料より推計、06/3期以前は生産出荷、予想は岡三証券、単位:万台、万本、本)

PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 Full Shipments Quantity (Source: Club Data Yori push meter, 06/3 before は produce a charge, I think は Okasan Securities Unit: million units, ten thousand, this)

Right, I forgot about that difference in terminology (translation of "会社資料より推計" is "estimates from company data"). Now I remember I noticed it on the other file (memory is inversely proportional to age).

But, well, best to be cautious anyway. It is possible this company got this information from Nintendo in an agreement to keep it private, but someone screwed up and the file is out there for everyone to see. =P

Right, I forgot about that difference in terminology (translation of "会社資料より推計" is "estimates from company data"). Now I remember I noticed it on the other file (memory is inversely proportional to age).

But, well, best to be cautious anyway. It is possible this company got this information from Nintendo in an agreement to keep it private, but someone screwed up and the file is out there for everyone to see. =P
Yeah, this could be. But it's certainly not Chartzz. :p

That's why I would be catious if we should open a new thread too.

They deleted the old file, btw. it disappeared.

Edit: I think Fire Emblem: Awakening is the first million seller in the series.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm reading elsewhere that Demon Gaze got a special 1,000 yen price on PSN for a limited time period in the recent past. Did this really happen?

He said that they were experimenting with HD-artstyles for the next Wii U game.

The E3 demo was one of these tests too. But they thought that it changed Wind Wakers look that much that they should release a HD version of it.

Going on those Worldwide sales figures for the series they should make the next Zelda look like a combo of OoT and TP for maximum sales potential.

WW HD absolutely bombed in Japan didn't it, anyone have it's worldwide sales so far ?.

Also while I'm posting does anyone know how many units Vita has sold worldwide so far ?.

Thanks.

extralite

But seriously, do we know the reason why DQ was never put on PSN or Virtual Console?
Because they prefer to rerelease their old games in formats that allow them to sell at full price? Meaning mostly remakes, the closest to something like a VC release was the I~III collection disc for Wii.

2800 yen for a smartphone game is pretty expensive also.

If those Fire Emblem numbers are true, there is no way a sequel isn't on the way. That seems like it could be a decent fall game. Pokemon Z, Fire Emblem 14, and Smash 3DS sounds pretty good. Do we know what Grezzo has been working on?

Boney

Banned
Wait.

Punch-Out, in the end...has been a million seller?!? It must have sold fantastic in US, then.

EDIT: Wait again. Wario Land: Shake It!! sold over a million as well? What...

I remember Anihawk saying Wario Land like doubled (or sold twice) it's ltd in the states when NSMBWii launched.

DaBoss

Hopefully the use Awakening to push FE vs SMT.
Definitely.

By putting it on the 3DS
If those Fire Emblem numbers are true, there is no way a sequel isn't on the way. That seems like it could be a decent fall game. Pokemon Z, Fire Emblem 14, and Smash 3DS sounds pretty good. Do we know what Grezzo has been working on?
*cough*MH4G*cough*

Grezzo was working on one of the StreetPass games I believe. I think they'll be the ones doing Majora's Mask 3D.

Nibel

I'm not sure if Nintendo could shit a FE out like that (if you mean fall 2014)

DaBoss

I imagine the team that works on FE are helping out with FExSMT.
Do we know what kind of game this is supposed to be yet btw?

I was kind of assuming it's by the Devil Survivor people and is a TRPG, but I'm unaware if we ever found out for sure.
We know nothing beyond the fact that it is being co-developed by Intelligent Systems and Atlus and that it will be on the Wii U (which to me makes no sense).
I don't see MH4G releasing in 2014.
Yea, that is possible, but that would be a first for the series without a new release (expansion or port) a year.

I'm not sure if Nintendo could shit a FE out like that (if you mean fall 2014)

Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken - April 25, 2003
Fire Emblem: Seima no Kōseki - October 7, 2004
Fire Emblem: Sōen no Kiseki - April 20, 2005

It's been done, though I doubt that we'll have the same kind of turnaround speed while FExSMT is in production.

wrowa

The Wii U needs every game it can get. Its not surprising that the crossover is on the console.

Yep. It probably only exists because of that. Same for Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo needs to make those collaborations, so they can beef up their slim line-up.

I imagine the team that works on FE are helping out with FExSMT.

We know nothing beyond the fact that it is being co-developed by Intelligent Systems and Atlus and that it will be on the Wii U (which to me makes no sense).

Yea, that is possible, but that would be a first for the series without a new release (expansion or port) a year.

Don't forget about the potential of Monster Hunter 4 on Wii U. Hopefully the put more effort into it, like 1080p and perfect 60fps, I find it silly they couldn't manage that with MH3G on Wii U.

Glass Rebel

Do we know what kind of game this is supposed to be yet btw?

I was kind of assuming it's by the Devil Survivor people and is a TRPG, but I'm unaware if we ever found out for sure.

Judging by these comments it sounds like plain old Fire Emblem in a modern setting. Well, I'm sure there will be a twist with the demons and the SMT magic system.

The Wii U needs every game it can get. Its not surprising that the crossover is on the console.

Seems like a weird game to push on console tbh, especially when the last FE and the last SMT were released on 3DS. Nintendo is reaching with this one.

Takao

Banned
Oh, I missed that. Makes sense, then. So at least 27k for everything in the top 10 going by Spike Chunsoft.

The Game Archives rankings are always surprising:

1. [PS1] Final Fantasy IX
2. [PS1] Final Fantasy VII International
3. [PS1] Final Fantasy VIII
4. [PS1] Final Fantasy VI
5. [PS1] Final Fantasy V
6. [PS1] Chrono Trigger
7. [PS1] Chrono Cross
8. [PS1] Legend of Mana
9. [PS1] Final Fantasy Tactics
10. [PS1] Super Robot Wars Alpha

rip final fantasy vii

you had a good run

now i fully expect final fantasy ix-2 on ios

Nintendo was so aggressive moneyhating Dragon Quest outside of Sony they can't even put it on the PSN. At the same time, they were so focused on their immediate competition they forgot SE had other option -- smartphones. =P

But seriously, do we know the reason why DQ was never put on PSN or Virtual Console?

At first I was thinking it was because Square Enix felt it would hurt their mobile ports, but that hasn't deterred them from putting up Final Fantasy games.

I don't see MH4G releasing in 2014.

yeah, we all know 2014 will be for MHP3rd G...

I wonder if Nintendo paid Capcom enough to make MH4 HD Version exclusive to Wii U.

DaBoss

That line of thinking would just lead to bad platform placements for lots of games.

They basically built up the audience for this crossover on the 3DS ($30 credit for buying both games really helped both FE:A and SMT4 sell), and then put the game on the Wii U.

BlackJace

Judging by these comments it sounds like plain old Fire Emblem in a modern setting. Well, I'm sure there will be a twist with the demons and the SMT magic system.

Seems like a weird game to push on console tbh, especially when the last FE and the last SMT were released on 3DS. Nintendo is reaching with this one.

Eh, I immediately thought of Path of Radiance when it was announced. Seems like it'll be like that but with some SMT flair.
And HD. Glorious HD.

That line of thinking would just lead to bad platform placements for lots of games.

They basically built up the audience for this crossover on the 3DS ($30 credit for buying both games really helped both FE:A and SMT4 sell), and then put the game on the Wii U.
I'm pretty sure the promotion was way after the game's announcement. Perhaps they're banking on both audiences wanting a full fledged console outing. For me personally, two of my favorite franchises together on an HD console is pretty enticing :p

Glass Rebel

Eh, I immediately thought of Path of Radiance when it was announced. Seems like it'll be like that but with some SMT flair.
And HD. Glorious HD.

Exactly, makes no sense whatsoever :p

I'm pretty sure the promotion was way after the game's announcement. Perhaps they're banking on both audiences wanting a full fledged console outing. For me personally, two of my favorite franchises together on an HD console is pretty enticing :p

Yeah, I think they will be very disappointed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Glass Rebel means they'll be disappointed with that.

Personally, I don't care what platform it is, I'm not entirely keen on crossovers, but in a business sense, the 3DS is the better platform for the game if they want to see some decent sales numbers.

I'm having trouble imagining many people pick up the platform for the game as opposed to just people who have the platform and are interested in the collaboration getting it.

I mean it's a cross-over spin-off and on a platform that doesn't have a ton to offer to people who like FE and/or SMT, but aren't sold on it for the Nintendo games.

BlackJace

Glass Rebel means they'll be disappointed with that.

Personally, I don't care what platform it is, I'm not entirely keen on crossovers, but in a business sense, the 3DS is the better platform for the game if they want to see some decent sales numbers.

Ah I see. Perhaps that might be the case in the end. But then again, if every game were to be taken under "business sense" scrutiny, the Wii U would lose to the 3DS each time, haha.

Experiments, I guess.

Glass Rebel

Could you...elaborate more?

I simply don't see what they could possibly do with Fire Emblem that needs the game to be on a console. The audience and respective fanbases are on 3DS and the increase in power will most likely only lead to better graphics. It's not like the Wii U has a real chance of building a significant SRPG audience either so I really don't see the point. Besides having a game on Wii U, of course.

I wonder if Nintendo paid Capcom enough to make MH4 HD Version exclusive to Wii U.
Well, they already have a tool in place, and MH3U HD did quite well for a late third-generation game (god, did they milk the third generation), the ratio was quite good too.

MH4 Best Price, MH4 HD and maybe a 3DS spinoff.

Takao

Banned
Capcom also knows how to port 3DS games to PS3. I think it would be foolish for Capcom to keep MH4 HD exclusive to Wii U. There's no local multiplayer to worry about, and there's a very real shot of selling better on other platforms.

So the best selling home console for Japan in 2013 is going to be the Wii U? ;)

it's like winning a paraplegic race over there

edit: hell even Vita is a clear #2 YTD in Japan despite having 1/4 of the 3DS sales
oof, Japan is really a 3DS country

+mobile gaming ofc

L Thammy

Capcom also knows how to port 3DS games to PS3. I think it would be foolish for Capcom to keep MH4 HD exclusive to Wii U. There's no local multiplayer to worry about, and there's a very real shot of selling better on other platforms.

Is local multiplayer removed? I would assume that's still the most popular method for multiplayer.
I'd also assume that you wouldn't be able to share saves, so the PS3 version could not be offered as a supplement to the 3DS version, but only as a replacement.

Though I guess it couldn't hurt if the port was cheap. It's been on the 3DS long enough; anyone who would be interested in it on the PS3 and hasn't gotten the 3DS version probably never will.

Alrus

Well doesn't Nintendo distribute and promote MH in the west? They'd be losing that if they went for multiplat I guess...

it's like winning a paraplegic race over there

edit: hell even Vita is a clear #2 YTD in Japan despite having 1/4 of the 3DS sales
oof, Japan is really a 3DS country

+mobile gaming ofc

Stop being a dick. Paraplegics at least try their hardest and have people supporting them. WiiU can't even do that and has next to zero support. Its nothing like "winning a paraplegic race" which I love how you think is meaningless. SMH

Oregano

Transfarring plus whatever inceitives Nintendo provides(support in the west + servers?).

L Thammy

Well doesn't Nintendo distribute and promote MH in the west? They'd be losing that if they went for multiplat I guess...
Transfarring plus whatever inceitives Nintendo provides(support in the west + servers?).

I don't think we should assume that an HD port is hitting Wii U either, honestly.

It's possible that the Wii U port of 3G was meant for overseas audiences. We had previously heard statements from Capcom that Monster Hunter fans in the West preferred the games on consoles with online. Wasn't voice chat added for the North American launch?

Last I saw, the Wii U version of 3 Ultimate was performing worse than the 3DS version despite that. Now that 4 has online play on 3DS, that's a selling point removed from the HD versions. If it's not a better version and it's not going to sell more, what's the need for an HD version at all? Just push the 3DS version instead.

Top Bottom