• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2011 {2011.12.26 - 2012.01.01}

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why is ToI concidered such a bad game actually? I havnt tried it myself, but just wondering.

From what I've played, there were problems with the pacing of the dungeons (they seem to be long and didn't have any variety). Basically that's from what I've played.

Oh and the story isn't really on par with Team Symphonia games.

Are the Uncharted Golden Abyss sales okay or not? The position in the charts seems a little disappointing considering it was one of the two big launch titles for the Vita and the series seemed to be growing.

Results Guidelines:
- Gold medal for the 1st position in a ranking by units or points
- Silver medal for the 2nd position in a ranking by units or points
- Bronze medal for the 3rd position in a ranking by units or points
- Each prediction week contains a ranking by units and points, thus awarding 2 medals of each metal, 6 total (except particular weeks noted).
- All rankings are listed by gold medals, then by silver medals and finally by bronze medals.

Winners:
- Congratulations to FINALFANTASYDOG, Kurosaki Ichigo and Spiegel for finishing in the first, second and third position respectively in 2011.
- Congratulations to Kurosaki Ichigo, FINALFANTASYDOG and Chris1964 for finishing in the first, second and third position respectively from 2009 to 2011.

2011 Guidelines:
- 25 sets of predictions
- 02/24 has two tops because of 3DS launch, thus 12 medals awarded.
- 12/15 has three tops because of Vita launch, thus 18 medals awarded.
Code:
	[U][B]Prediction League 2011[/B][/U]			
[U]#	Username	Gold	Silver	Bronze		Medal Total[/U]
1	FINALFANTASYDOG	16	7	8		31
2	Kurosaki Ichigo	8	9	7		24
3	Spiegel		6	0	4		10
4	Road		4	7	4		15
5	Orgen		3	5	3		11
6	Mpl90		3	2	2		7
7	electroplankton	2	2	1		5
8	Yeshua		2	0	1		3
8	saichi		2	0	1		3
10	Chris1964	1	5	6		12
11	frankie_baby	1	3	1		5
12	lunchwithyuzo	1	2	4		7
13	ULTROS!		1	2	1		4
14	zomgbbqftw	1	1	1		3
15	onken		1	1	0		2
15	HaRyu		1	1	0		2
15	Labadal		1	1	0		2
15	jeremy1456	1	1	0		2
19	walking fiend	1	0	3		4
20	LOCK		0	2	1		3
21	Kenka		0	1	3		4
22	duckroll	0	1	0		1
22	neutralgamer02	0	1	0		1
22	u_neek		0	1	0		1
22	Gianny Merryman	0	1	0		1
26	starship	0	0	2		2
27	Dash Kappei	0	0	1		1
27	Burnt Pork	0	0	1		1
27	noobie		0	0	1		1
	Total		56	56	56		168

2009-2011 Guidelines:
- Sum of 2009, 2010 and 2011 lists.
Code:
	[U][B]Prediction League 2009-2011[/B][/U]			
[U]#	Username	Gold	Silver	Bronze		Medal Total[/U]
1	Kurosaki Ichigo	20	21	14		55
2	FINALFANTASYDOG	17	10	8		35
3	Chris1964	12	12	14		38
4	Road		9	11	7		27
5	Spiegel		8	3	13		24
6	Orgen		4	6	6		16
7	onken		4	3	4		11
8	duckroll	4	3	3		10
9	Mpl90		3	2	2		7
10	MemoirsofMimi	3	1	0		4
11	schuelma	2	3	3		8
12	electroplankton	2	2	1		5
13	u_neek		2	1	0		3
14	Yeshua		2	0	1		3
14	saichi		2	0	1		3
16	KuwabaraTheMan	2	0	0		2
16	Takao		2	0	0		2
18	jj984jj		1	5	3		9
19	frankie_baby	1	3	1		5
20	The_lascar	1	3	0		4
21	lunchwithyuzo	1	2	4		7
22	ULTROS!		1	2	1		4
23	iifu		1	1	1		3
23	zomgbbqftw	1	1	1		3
25	HaRyu		1	1	0		2
25	Labadal		1	1	0		2
25	jeremy1456	1	1	0		2
28	walking fiend	1	0	3		4
29	starship	1	0	2		3
30	Brazil		1	0	1		2
30	BladeoftheImmor	1	0	1		2
30	Y2Kev		1	0	1		2
33	7Th		1	0	0		1
34	Kenka		0	2	3		5
35	LOCK		0	2	1		3
36	slaughterking	0	2	0		2
36	Nirolak		0	2	0		2
38	Mr. Pointy	0	1	1		2
38	cw_sasuke	0	1	1		2
38	ksamedi		0	1	1		2
38	kay		0	1	1		2
38	neutralgamer02	0	1	1		2
43	Aad		0	1	0		1
43	botticus	0	1	0		1
43	Gianny Merryman	0	1	0		1
46	faridmon	0	0	1		1
46	batbeg		0	0	1		1
46	LINK.AGE76	0	0	1		1
46	ivedoneyourmom	0	0	1		1
46	Dash Kappei	0	0	1		1
46	Burnt Pork	0	0	1		1
46	noobie		0	0	1		1
	Total		114	114	112		340
Past Predictions Results:
Prediction League Results 2009-2010

And so my job here is done, someone else will have to take the reins from now on, farewell.

Uncharted is probably the only Vita game performing good or better than expected.
I would say Lord of Apocalypse did a little better than expected. It's way down from Arcana, but it's also multiplatform and Arcana ended up being not that well liked either.

Mingol 6 is still doing okay, albeit less than expected. Musou Next, UMVC3 and Ridge Racer are the real bombas.

Why is ToI concidered such a bad game actually? I havnt tried it myself, but just wondering.

I think the ToIR hate isn't because ToI is a decidedly average game or the fact that it looks like ass, it's because Namco could have remade Symphonia and released a game that people would buy systems for.

Toth

Bad year for Japan overall. Software looks particularly bad. Without the final rush of Christmas, there would have been only a single million seller, i.e. MHP3. And barely surpassing the single million mark.

Oh, and about the hardware: it is pretty interesting how the console market became inconsistent in Japan.

Looking at those numbers, FF13-2's numbers suddenly make more sense. When it and ToX as the highest selling PS3 games over the whole year and the only big sellers being portable, you have to wonder if the 'omg sales' issue of the game are more akin to the dwindling console gamer market in Japan. I am surprised LoZ charted so much lower when Wii still has a pulse thanks to MH's popularity.

matmanx1

So many unknowns with the Vita right now. And I agree with most of you in that the announced Vita titles will not lead to great HW or software sales.

However I can't see Sony launching this system into the market fueled only by hopes, dreams and prayers of succes. Surely compelling (sales-wise) software is in the works and just isn't announced yet. Right? I'd like to think so.

I think the ToIR hate isn't because ToI is a decidedly average game or the fact that it looks like ass, it's because Namco could have remade Symphonia and released a game that people would buy systems for.
Console Tales get console remakes (Phantasia PSX, Destiny PS2) and handheld Tales get handheld remakes (Narikiri Dungeon PSP, Innocence Vita). They could've done a console port though, I think Vesperia Vita would've been a pretty attractive release.

Symphonia remake should be saved for PS3 or Wii U.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://ameblo.jp/omisedayori

テーマ: ゲーム屋さんのお店だより
毎日飛ぶように売れていた3DS本体の販売も少なくなり、
ゲームソフトの売れ行きも落ち着いて来たのでそろそろお正月の勢いは終わりに近づいたかもしれません。

昔であれば長期連休の会社も多かったのでしょうが、
最近では3日から仕事始めという会社もけっこうあるのではないでしょうか?
一番多いのは明日あたりからだと思います。

今年の年末年始は圧倒的な強さで3DS関連が売れていきました。
そしてそれに続いてWiiタイトルも非常によく売れてくれました。

かといって任天堂ハードだけが売れたのかというとそうではありません。

PSPはちょっと元気がなかったですが、
ウイイレ2012やフロンティアゲート、ファイナルファンタジー零式などは非常によく売れていますし、
モンスターハンター3rdのベスト版も売れ行きは良かったです。
今回はソフトが決まってしまっていた感じがありますね。

PS3はファイナルファンタジーXIIIー2が安い価格ということもありますがかなり売れました。
無双オロチ2も当然年末年始ずっと売れ続けていましたし、コールオブデューティとスカイリムなどの海外ゲームも好調。
ガンダムも売れてる印象はありますね。

360はファイナルファンタジーが売れてました。
年末年始に買うという選択肢があるだけのソフトの発売がないのでこの時期は毎年苦戦してますね。

DSはマリオカートやポケットモンスターブラックが人気でした。
とんがりボウシも完売してますし、ワンピースギガントバトル2の売れ行きもよく完売。
ただ、
少しずつではありますが、3DS本体の普及率が高くなりDSソフトの売れ行きが落ちてきてるかなと幹事はしましたね。

Wiiはソフトのラインナップが非常に良かったので今年は大活躍でした。
イナズマイレブン、星のカービィ、ポケパーク、マリオカートWiiなどの子供向けタイトル、
少し大人向けのゼルダの伝説、
そして一番メインのファミリー層にはジャストダンス、リズム天国、太鼓の達人、いただきストリート、ゴーバケーションと、
とにかく年齢層すべてで買おうと思えるタイトルがそろっていたのは大きいですね。

3DSはマリオカート7、スーパーマリオ3Dランドはもちろん。
イナズマイレブンやポケモンスクランブルなどが売れています。
そしてモンスターハンター3Gももちろん好調。
で、
一番売れ行きに驚いたのはSDガンダム。
モンハンとカグラが作った大人ユーザーの層の次のソフトを探すタイミングにピッタリとあわせてきたかのように、本当にかなりの勢いで売れ続けて完売しています。
これなら3DSで大人向けタイトルの発売も期待できますね。

そしていろんな意味で注目を集めているPSVita。
まず不具合の話から。
このお店で実際に聞いた不具合は2つ。
SIMカードが反応しない不具合と、フリーズ。
フリーズに関しては電源を長く押すなどで直ったので問題なかったのですが、SIMカードに関してはすでに購入1週間すぎているためソニーさんに連絡してみてくださいという対応しか出来ず。
でも元旦だったので電話されていないとは思います。
ネットで言われている不具合の多さは嘘ではないとは思います。
ただ、
フリーズなどは手順を踏めば問題なく回復できる場合もあると思うのでしばらくはそれで対応していくしかなさそうです。
海外版の発売の後も国内だけ不具合が多い・・・なんてことにはならないと信じてますが。 。 。
Vita本体はゆっくりですが台数はそこそこ売れてきています。
本体だけの購入の方はほとんどおらず、
大抵パーツやソフトと一緒に4万円付近のお買い物をしてくださる方が多いです。
ソフトに関しては発売日を越えてからの売れ行きは、
ディスガイア3の売れ行きがよく、入荷しても即完売を繰り返しています。
あとはブレイブルーやアンチャーテッドなどがちらほらと売れています。
最初に本体と同時に購入されたからか、みんゴルやリッジレーサーなどは発売日以降の伸びがありません。
そして、次の作品の発売まで長いというで発売日付近購入された方では若干テンションが低くなりつつあります。
ダウンロードで遊ぶ方はわかりませんが。
一ヶ月に一回集中発売日というのも面白いのですが、やはりコンスタントに新作が発売するようになる方がいいですね。
Vitaの本領発揮は3月以降からでしょうね。

今年のお正月は以前と比べると子供さんが少なく感じました。
来年は何か盛り上がるようなイベントを考えておかないとだめかもしれませんね。

http://ameblo.jp/oosakaking

今年の初日売上です

まず、ゲームは新品メインで売れました
中古はぼちぼちって感じで、お年玉は新品購入が多かったです
在庫一掃袋福袋は結構売れました
PS3なんかのは追加で急遽作成したり、おかげさまでエースコンバットがかなり減りましたw

カードは初日はイマイチでした
まだお年玉もらったカードユーザーが帰ってきてないのか?

2、3日目以降に期待です

中古の3DS本体、山ほどあったのに残り数個までになっちゃいました
本体は3DSは新品、中古共に動きますねー
VITAもWIFI版がちらほら動いてくれてます、もっとビックウエーブこいーーーw

そんな初日結果でした

正月2日目は中古デーでした
中古ソフトが売れまくりで、最近こんなに売れたのはなかったので、正月パワーを実感しましたw
正月、普段あまりゲームされない方も購入されるので、動きの悪かった中古PS2ソフトがかなり売れました
値段もかなりお手頃に下がってるので複数買いが多かったです

後はPSPのソフトの中古、来年はもうVITAに移り変わってるのか?
そうなら今年に出来るだけ売りさばきたいですね

そして新品は福袋を中心にw

福袋、うちではメインの人気新作を1本入れて、それに定番以外のソフトや不良在庫をバンバン入れて行きます
この前5袋作って原価と売値を計算したら、11万の原価(仕入値)で全部売れても1万1千円って10分の1にw

あと、新作を入れない新品福袋5袋分は原価10万で、全部売れても5000円行かなかったりw

おそらくそのまま他店に売りに行っても原価回収できると思います
そのままうちのお店で売られて錬金術されても困るので当店ではプラスにならないように買取り金額はさげちゃってますけどw

動きの悪いソフトを減らす決算対策って面もあったりします

さあ、3日目はどんな日となってくれるでしょうか

あんだけ山のようにあったマリオカート7が残り数本にw
さすがマリオカート、正月でダッシュかましましたね
しかし、アマゾン安いです、ほぼ仕入れ値w

This is what I found. JapGaf, I need your help!

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
So many unknowns with the Vita right now. And I agree with most of you in that the announced Vita titles will not lead to great HW or software sales.

However I can't see Sony launching this system into the market fueled only by hopes, dreams and prayers of succes. Surely compelling (sales-wise) software is in the works and just isn't announced yet. Right? I'd like to think so.
The fact that many of the announced games, especially the bigger ones, are only title screens, should answer your question.

My fault. I consider the DS, DSi, DSiXL all as one generation of hardware
Galactic Fork said:
Yeah, so does everyone else. They still only sold more than the 3ds that one week.
Yeah. The slower transition from GBA to DS and DS to 3DS is evident in American sales, but not so much Japan.
3DS

For comparison, here's GBA/DS. GBA too had one bigger week, when GB micro launched.
mc

Bad year for Japan overall. Software looks particularly bad. Without the final rush of Christmas, there would have been only a single million seller, i.e. MHP3. And barely surpassing the single million mark.

Oh, and about the hardware: it is pretty interesting how the console market became inconsistent in Japan.

It's true, but we have also to consider that 2011 has been a transition year: 3DS just came out, DS and Wii were on the sunset boulevard, just PS3 and PSP were able to move some hardware but the former is constrained by itslow installed base while the former didn't get any mainline Monster Hunter (Portable 3 sold 80% of its LTD last year). Moreover, no new Pokémon, no new mainline Dragon Quest, Nintendo pretty quiet on Wii and so a weak year is given. 2012 will be better in my opinion.

the thing is - if we judged every system on short term basis then we'd have burried the 3DS alive.

Actually 3DS was buried alive last summer; every day a new article came out claiming was dying, and M-C threads people pointed out how weak it was performing.

donny2112

By next week, I mean this week. :p The first week of the year is often results in slight bumps for Sony.

Why does this keep being bandied about? It's not Sony sytems that get a bump, it's all systems that people would want to buy with New Year's money, i.e. the popular ones. It's nothing Sony-specific, at all. o_O

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Actually 3DS was buried alive last summer; every day a new article came out claiming was dying, and M-C threads people pointed out how weak it was performing.

yes, i know - my point was that was dumb too.

but we have also to consider that 2011 has been a transition year

we also had a grade A sh1tty year and it felt like forever to get back to normal. I'm speculting that that had an effect on the full year figures, but it may well have been significant enough (i don't usually follow JPN sales figures)

Mpl90

Nintendo gave the date for third quarter earnings release: Jan 26

My body is ready for the fun. Because there will be fun whatever the results are, no doubt about it.

Especially the day after, since in the last two Q3 earnings meetings, we have had great announcements.

Mpl90

Like a 3DS remake of a "7th Game" from a famous RPG series... or maybe a 3DS Lite? OR BOTH?!

...Rrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiight, 3DS is at XX millions in the world right now, sooooooooo...

In 2010, we got Xenoblade and The Last Story.
In 2011, Pandora's Tower and Kirby.

BurntPork

Banned
Nintendo gave the date for third quarter earnings release: Jan 26

This will be extremely important. I still son't think they'll meet expectations, but we'll see how close they get, or if they finally cut it.

I think they'll have to cut Wii and DS expectations further after the apocalyptic US performance this holiday.

Mpl90

This will be extremely important. I still son't think they'll meet expectations, but we'll see how close they get, or if they finally cut it.

I think they'll have to cut Wii and DS expectations further after the apocalyptic US performance this holiday.

Who the fuck cares about expectations, the investors meeting is where there will be announcements!!!!

GCX

Who the fuck cares about expectations, the investors meeting is where there will be announcements!!!!
No, the real fun lies in how many different ways Iwata can dodge the "WHY I STILL CAN'T PLAY MARIO ON MY PHONE?!" questions in the shareholder Q&A.

Why does this keep being bandied about? It's not Sony sytems that get a bump, it's all systems that people would want to buy with New Year's money, i.e. the popular ones. It's nothing Sony-specific, at all. o_O
Usually the patterns are pretty similar, but Sony systems sometimes seem to peak later. These are cherry-picked exceptions to the norm, though.
PSP

PSP

PS3

PS3

Mpl90

I feel like one year they announced Xenoblade and Last Story at one of these meetings around this time.

In the Q3 Meeting of January 2010, they announced both of them. So many memories.

Orgen

And so my job here is done, someone else will have to take the reins from now on, farewell.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks Kurosaki for all the effort making this ;D I hope that "farewell" doesn't mean that you're leaving us because we need sane people in this threads more than ever haha

Seeing as how the wii has had a pretty terrible year I've been thinking could if nintendo played their cards right (which they probably won't) it actually do better next year or at least no worse, a price cut is surely inevitable if they did it early on and was big enough say down to 13 or even 12k yen (probably with the revised cubeless version 1 remote and no pack-ins) it could do quite well as a budget system the library is pretty big and a low price could convince some to buy or rebuy it, there is then the big question mark of software though with the only big games announced being Mario party 9 and dragon quest 10, I'd be pretty sure there'll be a just dance sequel seeing how well that's done though if there is I doubt it'll be announced til last minute before release, as for anything else well surely there'll be something though the lack of announced titles is worrying though things like go vacation came pretty much out of nowhere and did quite well

Seeing as how the wii has had a pretty terrible year I've been thinking could if nintendo played their cards right (which they probably won't) it actually do better next year or at least no worse, a price cut is surely inevitable if they did it early on and was big enough say down to 13 or even 12k yen (probably with the revised cubeless version 1 remote and no pack-ins) it could do quite well as a budget system the library is pretty big and a low price could convince some to buy or rebuy it, there is then the big question mark of software though with the only big games announced being Mario party 9 and dragon quest 10, I'd be pretty sure there'll be a just dance sequel seeing how well that's done though if there is I doubt it'll be announced til last minute before release, as for anything else well surely there'll be something though the lack of announced titles is worrying though things like go vacation came pretty much out of nowhere and did quite well
I could see Kiki Trick being a decent little seller. Team Sakamoto has a great pedigree with casual crossover stuff (Wario Ware, Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi Collection). Outside that, DQX and Mario Party 9 though the year is completely barren.

I'm starting to think Rodea Wii is going to be shelved entirely in favor of the 3DS version. :/

Celine

Congratulations to the winners and thanks Kurosaki for all the effort making this ;D I hope that "farewell" doesn't mean that you're leaving us because we need sane people in this threads more than ever haha
Yeah, I hope it isn't a farewell to GAF.
If it is so then maybe he will rejoin the community again at a later time.

Bye, Kurosaki.

Busaiku

Oh yeah, Inazuma Eleven Go is holding up alright.
Obviously total sales are way down for the franchise, but it's chugging along well enough after the initial doom and gloom.

Unless of course it suffered a heavy collapse.

My opinion on the matter is that it will be ready for unseen64 :)
( :-( sadly so, it looked interesting )

Naka said the Wii version is 100% done and that Kadokawa's sitting on it. I think it was implied Prope wasn't doing the 3DS port inhouse so maybe they're waiting on that.

My hope is that even if the Wii original gets shelved in Japan, Xseed/Rising Star can still finagle western rights and put it out here. I want to play it with the Wiimote.

NavNucST3

From the Reuters article:
Sony Computer Entertainment made its first profit in five years in the 12 months to March 2011, as it managed to squeeze PS3 production costs, boosting profits for the whole company.

House said the speed at which Sony could turn Vita hardware sales profitable would depend on currency rates. Sony has been hard hit by the yen's rise against the euro.

So Vita hardware is definitely a loss.

muu

Usually the patterns are pretty similar, but Sony systems sometimes seem to peak later. These are cherry-picked exceptions to the norm, though.
PSP

PSP

PS3

PS3

It's probably Nintendo hardware being better "christmas presents" (esp. for younger kids) while the PSP was the go-to purchase for adolescents with new years money (typically the older you get, the more you receive; it isn't rare for the smaller kids to have their money confiscated by parents "for their college fund," only for it to pay off that big sushi platter a month later). Overlap occurs of course, which is why we see a general increase in numbers but different peak times. The odd looking 2009/10 holiday boost coincides w/ KH:BBS's release.

Assuming that's correct it'll be interesting to see where these kids take their money this time around. Many of the older kids should have amassed enough money to get a Vita should they choose to do so, but the go-to game for their age group is on the 3DS.

NavNucST3

You aren't suggesting in your "also this" link that those statements suggest the hardware is profitable are you? Also, I'd say taking Andrews statements from a couple weeks ago in December should be given more weight than statements from June.

Top Bottom