• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Thread: Week 42, 2017 (Oct 16 Oct 22) [READ INTRO, please!]

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I don't really care for the whole situation that has occured but since I'm a sales guy I'll go to the place where there is a similar audience and right now almost the entire sales community has moved away. It wasn't my intention to abandon NeoGAF anytime soon and certainly not with this way but with current circumstances it's very difficult to keep participating since I focus only to a one forum.

Since almost all with experience to create a Media Create thread have left I understand it will be difficult for someone new to offer a smooth transition and it will need a lot of patience but if there is willing there will be found a good solution sooner or later.

This will be the last post from me here, to those who will continue I wish good luck.
Chris, you are an awesome poster, thanks for everything you gave to this forum over the years!

test_account

XP-39C²
Nicely done with the OP, thanks for creating the thread :)

I don't really care for the whole situation that has occured but since I'm a sales guy I'll go to the place where there is a similar audience and right now almost the entire sales community has moved away. It wasn't my intention to abandon NeoGAF anytime soon and certainly not with this way but with current circumstances it's very difficult to keep participating since I focus only to a one forum.

Since almost all with experience to create a Media Create thread have left I understand it will be difficult for someone new to offer a smooth transition and it will need a lot of patience but if there is willing there will be found a good solution sooner or later.

This will be the last post from me here, to those who will continue I wish good luck.
Thanks for all your work here on NeoGAF! :) Media Create threads is one of the main reasons why i'm active on NeoGAF. Media Create threads was also what made me hear about NeoGAF back in 2007. I will follow where the new sales threads move to, hopefully people will let all of us know where that is.

Lucumo

Then thanks for all the work you guys did. While I don't often posted in these threads, I read them every week pretty much as soon as they were up.

Aters

Hope you land on some other place quick so I can follow. I always had fun in sales threads, even before joining GAF.

knkng

I never posted much, but would read these threads every single week. I look forward to reading your future threads wherever you may go.

Also, thank you for not making a spectacle of yourself. It shows you are truly a cut above many others.

tumblr_oyfrb4OIIF1s2z1y6o1_540.jpg

Rodion

Neo Member

I see, thanks for creating those threads for all those years. I understand why people are leaving. So, what do you guys think of the most active and senior members creating a Subreddit dedicated exclusively to talk about Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki sales? It would stand as a neutral community for people who plan on staying here and those who want to migrate to the new forum.

Celine

It's the inevitable outcome.
No one in the SalesAge community have interest in splitting the userbase so those that doesn't really care about the whole situation (beyond the instability inflicted to all the existing communities on GAF) will simply gravitate wherever the core of the community decide to go.

EDIT:
I see, thanks for creating those threads for all those years. I understand why people are leaving. So, what do you guys thinking of the most active and senior members creating a Subreddit dedicated exclusively to talk about Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki sales? It would stand as a neutral community for people who plan on staying here and those who want to migrate to the new forum.
It's not about "forum wars", it's about creating contents and discussions (VG sales/business related of course) in one place only.
It doesn't make sense to split the efforts to several different websites.

ComG!: Day's pre-orders

Pokemon US/UM: +8 pt
MH:W: +7 pt
SMO: +6 pt
http://www.comgnet.com/ranking/

MARIO 3D

tenor.gif

Super mario odyssey switch:

ComG! preorders(2 days left, no bundle included): 199 pt
Hardware: 2 million?

Super mario 3d world wii u:

ComG! preorders (last day): 70 pt
2 days left: 66 pt
First week (famitsu): 106.967
LTD: 613.693
Hardware: 1.173.014

Super mario 3d land 3ds:
ComG! preorders (last day): 262 pt
2 days left: 243 pt
First week: 344.698
LTD: 2.111.490
Hardware: 2.356.915

Super mario galaxy 2 wii:
ComG! preorders (last day): 313 pt
2 days left: 295 pt
First week: 337.569
LTD: 1.046.696
Hardware: 11.607.212

Super mario galaxy wii:
ComG! preorders (last day): 201 pt
2 days left: 192 pt
First week: 256.341
LTD: 1.025.664
Hardware: 3.725.999

Super mario sunshine gc:
First week: 280.610
LTD: 789.989
Hardware: 1.453.421

Super mario 64 n64:
First week: 162.111
LTD: 1.646.558
Hardware: 159.943

Best ComG! preorders: Super mario galaxy 2 wii
Best first week: Super mario 3d land 3ds
Best LTD: Super mario 3d land 3ds

BONUS: All 3D Mario Game Trailers (1996-2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAKvbOs2lE

Did Chris leave the website?

Also format absolutely needs week over week % change.

I’m fairly certain Chris had a macro setup through Excel or something that he copy and pasted this into and it was all fairly formatted automatically. There might have been minor issues here and there that he had to manual update but it’s possible to replicate what he did with little effort.

ksamedi

Sucks that the regulars moved on.I will follow those people in the new forums whenever that is ready. However, the Media Create threads were always harsh on new talented contributors and it wasnt a friendly place for newcomers so I hope this gives everybody a chance for a more friendly discussion and in the process creating new regulars with interesting things to say.

test_account

XP-39C²
There's a new forum a lot of people went to but it's invite only for the moment I think
Its rather a chat room than a forum. Personally i prefer a forum format more for these kinds of things, since its much easier to go back to specific posts about sales data and information. Chat room has the advantage about talking in realtime/live though (higher chance to get reply quicker).

Wildo09

Its rather a chat room than a forum. Personally i prefer a forum format more for these kinds of things, since its much easier to go back to specific posts about sales data and information. Chat room has the advantage about talking in realtime/live though (higher chance to get reply quicker).

They are talking about ***** ***

People went to reset.

Oh, thats already up and running? I thought it was only Discord.

EDIT: As a temporary solution that is, until the new forum gets up and running.

EDIT 2: Ah, i see its up and running indeed. And yeah, secret code is needed. If anyone could PM me it, i'd appreciate it.
ditto

Aters

Is it possible for me to get an invitation code? I'm not in GAF discord, or any discord group for that matter. But I do want to reunite with fellow sales GAF. I post in MC threads frequently.

Alrus

Just wanted to say to anyone not moving from this place, it was fun discussing sales with you all :) See you around.

I would also like a invite code pm for the new site if possible. Not apart of any discords atm but can get on one if needed if I figure discord out.

Thank you for all the amazing work you've done over the years.

Kid Ying

Thanks for the hard work, Chris!

Also, is there a problem with famitsu? It's not unusual for It to be a couple hours late, bit there still nothing.

I wanted to see How FIFA switch faired. Might see on dengeki tomorrow if nothing happens on famitsu front.

Arzehn

Thanks for keeping these threads going, not really that interested in realtime discourse myself so I think I'll continue to monitor here unless there's a more popular forum for it.

Of course thanks to Chris for updates all these years.

Vena

I am surprised at the playstation sales being that decent and covering all the top spots

This was it last major release until December, and its GT, and it barely moved the needle an additional 8k to sell as much as a console that is not in stock.

I do not define this as decent, nor were the sales of GTS good.

Thanks Chris. Appreciate the threads over the years. All the best!

Sakura

Not bad for Kyoei Toshi.
ZZT3 first week was 31,434
ZZT2 first week was 28,557

I'm sure the budget for this game was higher than the other games though. Hopefully they consider it a success.

WestEgg

Yep, I'm not going to be making an elaborate account suicide thread or request a Ban, but I've crossed over and wanted to say my farewells to SalesGaf, which was always BestGaf. Salvage if you can, find your people elsewhere if not. Thanks to everyone who made this place special. I hope to see you around someday!

hqdefault.jpg

This must be how Nintendo felt when Final Fantasy packed its bags and moved to PlayStation. Maybe Evilore is like, “ResetEra members are depressed posters who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and read boring threads.”

Aters

This must be how Nintendo felt when Final Fantasy packed its bags and moved to PlayStation. Maybe Evilore is like, “ResetEra members are depressed posters who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and read boring threads.”

Difference is Square eventually came back with some good stuff, those who leave GAF will probably never return.

Well to looks at Switch Software so far
1 Million+
Splatoon 2

500k+
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Breath of the Wild

200k+
ARMS
1 2 Switch

100k+
Super Bomberman R
Monster Hunter XX Switch Version
Pokken Tournament DX
Snipperclips(probably much higher but we haven’t had numbers for a while)
Minecraft?

Mario will easily join the 500k+ club a few weeks in and Xenoblade should join the 100k+ hopefully in its first week on market.

Top Bottom