• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danlord

Reposting the 2 GIF's for the next pages;

KVJTvSh.gif

7LuPHJ1.gif

Kayant

Knack was also UE4, IIRC.

Nope
OFFICIAL CORRECTION:

Knack is not a UE title. This mistake is purely my own. (Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Tina, I'm sorry that I was incorrect. :( I will endeavor to make sure it doesn't happen again).

If you see anywhere that lists it as a UE title, know that it was probably just a mistake created in the hubub of the Sony Press Event that has trickled through E3.

As to your other questions, I'm doing follow ups with a couple groups today to see what information I can share.

I want to believe but I doubt it. This thread took me back to the days when I used to play MediEvil 1 & 2, good times. Charming as fuck games, I hope the series comes back either as a new sequel or complete remake of the first/second game.

I wonder how many of you here where even born when MediEvil was released?

Game was hard as hell and pretty fun with some pretty great humor. As a huge fan of Nightmare before Christmas, it felt like I was kinda playing a deleted scene from the movie. I hope this is true.

Hope it's real and announced alongside more PS1 reboots. Want me a new Parappa too.

Sony, hire this person.

Vire

What I think could be really cool is if they were like, "We're reviving a whole bunch of PS1 classic franchises in a series of downloadable titles, with MediEvil being the first followed by Crash etc."

No huge investments, just little $20 games and that'll please old school and hardcore fans alike like Yooka Laylee.

If this is some $60 full retail product, I'm considerably less excited about this. Assuming this is real any who.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think this is real. I mean, I guess it could be real because Sony is crazy, but I don't think there's a market for this kind of game...

What I think could be really cool is if they were like, "We're reviving a whole bunch of PS1 classic franchises in a series of downloadable titles, with MediEvil being the first followed by Crash etc."

No huge investments, just little $20 games and that'll please old school and hardcore fans alike like Yooka Laylee.

If this is some $60 full retail product, I'm considerably less excited about this. Assuming this is real any who.

Doesn't look like it would be cheap to produce...

Gradon

Oh man, don't. That would be amazing for my nostalgia. I still want Sony to bring back Ape Escape, haven't had a mainline title since 2005.

Boke1879

I would be down with small digital titles of classic games.

I don't think this is real. I mean, I guess it could be real because Sony is crazy, but I don't think there's a market for this kind of game...

Last gen they took chances on old stuff like Twisted Metal and Warhawk and occasionally throw money at totally weird projects like Puppeteer.

Vire

I mean, maybe the sacrifices would be made in length of the game rather than the presentation, if each one of those digital titles was like 5 hours.. I'd be satisfied.

But yeah, you are right - I do think it looks nice visually. Just a pipe dream tho.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If this is real, next, legend of Dragoon in UE4. Make it happen Japan studio

While great for fans, I don't think Sony would want to exhaust every IP it has under it's roof in the form of minigames, thus disabling any of them making a bigger comeback in AAA form.

sn00zer

Ive made similar suggestions

- PlayStation All Stars is reannounced as a new brand (Playstation Classics?) with the primary basis to start cashing in on nostalgia and older IPs this will result in multiple games including:
- one FTP based on the Hot Shots framework featuring only PS characters
- another based on a 4 player fighting game framework that is not SSB
- another being a spiritual successor to CTR
- new Parrapa game coming
- new PSN game of "forgotten" IP
- JetMoto and Motorstorm sequel to create a beautiful game called JetMotorstorm

I guess this is more about PS classics as I dont really know the lost IPs of other consoles, but the same applies to old N64/SEGA/SNES games as well.

So there was a bit of a brouhaha a few weeks ago bout what old PS1 franchises you would like to see revived. Lots of Jet Motos, Parappas, Tombas, Medievil, Omega Boost etc. We keep pushing for "OMG THIS NEEDS TO BE THE NEXT PS4 AAA GAME!!!!", how about instead we push for PSN sequels to these games?

Wipeout HD showed you can do a pretty elaborate racing game with good graphics, while saving on physical disc production costs. I could easily a Jet Moto sequel/reboot built in the same way.

I love me some Tomba, and Shadow Complex showed you can make some pretty elaborate metroidvania games with current gen graphics.

Parrappa of course, REALLY simple gameplay and graphics (would love to see the style in HD)

Almost all "lost" PS1 and N64 games had pretty simple gameplay that would be perfect for smaller budgets. Thats not to say that some of these game dont deserve the AAA treatment (Ape Escape, Dino Crisis, Onimusha), but for now that doesnt seem likely.

SO I guess in short if we are going to push for bringing back the classics, we should push for PSN remakes/sequels as realistically thats the only way we are ever going to see these franchises this gen. And thats not a bad thing, because these games dont need huge budgets to make worthy sequels.

You don't think there's a market for a dark/gothic action/adventure game that's slightly harder than the average game? Dark Souls and Bloodborne are like that. Stop being such a naysayer. :p

GnawtyDog

Banned

AAA quality at $20? Lol.

Why do people keep on going about the animations? They look fine for a comedic franchise featuring a skeleton. It's the planting that isn't there.

Jigorath

Banned
costs have gone up though and sony has acknowledged the mid tier game is basically dead

Captain Toad found success right? If they could budget the game where it doesn't need to be a million seller to succeed maybe it'll work. Though I like the idea of doing smaller PSN revivals for some of their dormant IPs.

Top Bottom