• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medievil - Review Thread

You know, I prefer the look and feel of the original game. It had a very distinct and purposeful art style. I was there and finished it back in the 90's. The remake looks like some cheap mobile game. Unremarkable for this day and age. Maybe this was a poor choice for a remake?

Javthusiast

Banned
I played the demo and it was a mediocore game slightly prettied up, so these scores don‘t surprise me. CTR was a fantastic game then already so it would be as a remake as well, but Medievil wasn‘t that great back to begin with.

BadSector

Banned
theGeek.games - 7.6

"The remake of MediEvil for PS4 can be defined as a faithful reconstruction work at all levels, from the gameplay to the audiovisual section. As such, it is a game that will be little accessible in the current era, but that you will find the pleasure of the purists, nostalgic and more faithful followers. Graphically it is like seeing the original with new lenses, while in music it has been completely reformed. A good job by Other Ocean, which meets its goal: to resurrect a PlayStation classic. "

Bryank75

Banned
IGN has been pretty harsh on every PS4 game this year. All different and mostly unknown reviewers too...
Seems a bit weird.

Top Bottom