• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Deals Coming to XBLA Next Week

BigMack

_dementia said:
:(

AH is not good
I enjoyed the demo. Been waiting for a price drop so I could pick it up also.

But then again, I also didn't mind playing through TMNT: Turtles in Time RS. I love the original and the new had some control clunkiness to it, but for $5, it wasn't horrible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well I think I'm done buying games when they come out :lol

But it is honestly about damn time they start to do this. Large sales!

Malio

I am eyeballing:

Castle Crashers 1200 800 33%
Castlevania Symphony of the Night 800 400 50%
Magic the Gathering 800 400 50%
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment 1200 800 33%

RBH

Just to clear up some confusion:

Normal Price DOTW Price Savings
Shadow Complex 1200
47%

Trials HD 1200
47%

Marvel vs Capcom 2 1200
47%

TMNT Turtles in Time HD 800
50%

Splosion Man 800
50%
^^^These games are for XBL Gold members only.

Normal Price Blow out Price Savings
A Kingdom for Keflings 800 400 50%
Alien Hominid HD 800 400 50%
Banjo Tooie 1200 800 33%
Bionic Commando Rearmed 800 400 50%
Bomberman LIVE 800 400 50%
Braid 1200 800 33%
Castle Crashers 1200 800 33%
Contra 400 240 40%
Crystal Defenders 800 400 50%
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 800 400 50%
Magic the Gathering 800 400 50%
N+ 800 400 50%
Panzer General 800 400 50%
Portal 1200 800 33%
TMNT: 1989 Arcade 400 240 40%
Uno Rush 800 400 50%
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment 1200 800 33%
Zombie Apocalypse 800 400 50%
^^^^^^But these games are available for ALL XBL members, both Gold and Silver.

LosDaddie

Banned
Banjo Tooie 1200 800 33%
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 800 400 50%

Will be mine! :D

If by any chance you are about to walk into a store next week and drop $60 on some new big budget game please think it over first.

Trials HD + Shadow Complex + Splosion Man + BC: Rearmed + Braid + Castle Crashers + Geometry Wars 2 + N+ + Marvel vs. Capcom 2
=
$50

And that's if you buy points at market price. Seriously that is so freaking much gaming for the money it's insane Orange Box style.

Sweet, someting to spend 1600 points on! I'll be buying Shadow Complex, Bionic Commando, and Castlevania. Do the first two have co-op?

_dementia said:
or wait for the sequel

You get to jump in the sequel as a reward.

Real answer: the first game wasn't designed for it, so adding it in wouldn't make sense. The second game is designed for it.

Become a wire master first, buy the first game.

DMczaf

Only Banjo Tooie is on sale? So they are betting on people buying Banjo Kazooie at full price to complete the set?

Sons of bitches!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Psychotext said:
Bah, I already have everything I want out of that set.

Same here, but maybe I'll pick up Banjo or Portal or N+.

This is the first I've heard of the Overlord ME2 add on, is it just another squad mate + mission?

Oh shit, I forgot about Bomberman. I haven't played any XBLA/PSN Bomberman yet, will get.

Peff

Snuggler said:
Same here, but maybe I'll pick up Banjo or Portal or something.
This is the first I've heard of the Overlord ME2 add on, is it just another squad mate + mission?

It's a series of missions on foot and Firewalker which will advance the plot, apparently.

ShogunX

Snuggler said:
Same here, but maybe I'll pick up Banjo or Portal or N+.

Oh shit, I forgot about Bomberman. I haven't played any XBLA/PSN Bomberman yet, will get.

Its a two and a half hour mission on a hub planet featuring the hammerhead tank and some evil AI. No new squad mates.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Shit, those are some killer deals right there - and I already have most of those...

People would be crazy to skip out on the top games in here...

And yes, please skip Turtles in Time HD, lucky I tried it before I bought it or else I would have been pissed...

Mass Effect 2 demo is one hell of a surprise though, if you own a 360 and don't own it, you better get that demo - easily GOTY-material right there.

BigMack

Struct09 said:
Tough choice, but GW2. Splosion Man has some amazing local co-op though.

Yeah, I agree. Go with Geo Wars 2. I like Splosion Man too, but can't seem to play it except in little short bursts. I can play GW2 for a couple hours straight though.

Hyunkel6

Struct09 said:
Tough choice, but GW2. Splosion Man has some amazing local co-op though.
BigMack9 said:
Yeah, I agree. Go with Geo Wars 2. I like Splosion Man too, but can't seem to play it except in little short bursts. I can play GW2 for a couple hours straight though.
Thanks. GW2 it is then.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Peff said:
It's a series of missions on foot and Firewalker which will advance the plot, apparently.

That sounds good, if it's some legit missions with a mix of vehicle and foot walking I will be please. More ME2 is a good thing.

Hyunkel6 said:
Thanks. GW2 it is then.

It's always the right choice to nab the game of the generation for $5. And while 'Splosion man does have excellent co-op (I can vouch for that) GeoWars2 also has fantastic local co-op modes for up to 4 players. The mode with 4 players and two ships (one player shooter and the other driver per ship) is mad fun.

bm1616

Will definitely pick up Splosion Man, which leaves me with another 400 points... so I'll probably pick up Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Wanted Trials HD but don't want another wad of points laying around, wish we could buy points on a 100pt scale instead of 1600 minimum. ugh.

One of these days I'll look into a thread and it will say that Super Puzzle Fighter 2 is on sale. But I'm copping Banjo Tooie and GW2. GAF always has nice things to say about it so why not.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bm1616 said:
Will definitely pick up Splosion Man, which leaves me with another 400 points... so I'll probably pick up Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Wanted Trials HD but don't want another wad of points laying around, wish we could buy points on a 100pt scale instead of 1600 minimum. ugh.

Maybe you already know this, but they changed the points around so that you can buy 5 (400) or 10 (800) instead of 6 or 12 so you won't have left over mspoints.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Definitely grabbing Trials and Symphony of the Night. Maaaybe Braid.

bm1616

Snuggler said:
Maybe you already know this, but they changed the points around so that you can buy 5 (400) or 10 (800) instead of 6 or 12 so you won't have left over mspoints.
Seriously? Best news I've heard all day.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bm1616 said:
Seriously? Best news I've heard all day.

Yep, you can now do 400 for 4.99 or 800 for 9.99(1 cent profit!). The funny thing about it is that I actually needed to add $6 in MS points when I first noticed it but the minimum had been changed to $5.

Much better deals list then 6 months ago, nice to see trials drop in price again too. Shadow Complex is easily worth that offer price, no questions asked.

ShogunX

Snuggler said:
Yep, you can now do 400 for 4.99 or 800 for 9.99(1 cent profit!). The funny thing about it is that I actually needed to add $6 in MS points when I first noticed it but the minimum had been changed to $5.

Isn't that still USA only though? No dice if your in Europe.

Top Bottom