• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Deals Coming to XBLA Next Week

Owzers

Sighhhhhhh the one game i want the most, Shadow Complex, is part of the " only for gold members" discount bracket. So incredibly lame i hate Xbox Live.

ymmv

Banned
somesayyea said:
"You must be an Xbox LIVE Gold member to access this special DOTW pricing which will start Monday, June 14, 2010."

Boo!

Yes indeed. I want to buy Shadow Complex but I'm not getting a useless (to me) Xbox Live Gold subscription just to get the game cheap.

Santiako

Will buy:

Alien Hominid HD 800 400 50%
Banjo Tooie 1200 800 33%
Bionic Commando Rearmed 800 400 50%
Bomberman LIVE 800 400 50%
Castlevania Symphony of the Night 800 400 50%
Contra 400 240 40%
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 800 400 50%
N+ 800 400 50%
Panzer General 800 400 50%
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment 1200 800 33%
Zombie Apocalypse 800 400 50%

All for less price than a new game, amazing.:D

sillymonkey321 said:
Sighhhhhhh the one game i want the most, Shadow Complex, is part of the " only for gold members" discount bracket. So incredibly lame i hate Xbox Live.
but without XBLM, you wouldn't be able to buy it at all!

Jucksalbe

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:

There's a one month of gold for 1€ promotion right now, or at least there was two days ago. Dunno if that's for the US, too. But with that you could get gold and still save a ton on Shadow Complex. (the promotion appeared in one of these XBox menus)

Also, is Symphony of the Night worth it if I already own the game on PSP (as part of Dracula X Chronicles)? The demo made it seem like a pretty bad port.

Owzers

Jucksalbe said:
There's a one month of gold for 1€ promotion right now, or at least there was two days ago. Dunno if that's for the US, too. But with that you could get gold and still save a ton on Shadow Complex. (the promotion appeared in one of these XBox menus)

Also, is Symphony of the Night worth it if I already own the game on PSP (as part of Dracula X Chronicles)? The demo made it seem like a pretty bad port.

I was thinking about that, i turned on my 360 to play some Alan Wake and saw it. Part of my " I hate Xbox Live" is still the fact that they try to lock you into auto-renewing after that month.

seady

Is the Bomberman Live the best version of Bomberman out there?

Same question for Castle Crashers and Braid.

Jucksalbe

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
I was thinking about that, i turned on my 360 to play some Alan Wake and saw it. Part of my " I hate Xbox Live" is still the fact that they try to lock you into auto-renewing after that month.

At least you can cancel that. Even if it's hidden somewhere deep on their website. I already forgot where again. :/

Arucardo

Awesome, there's no way can I miss out on Trials HD now :D .

Whew, just checked and I still have xbl gold left until the 19th.

Oh sniddely snaps! I've been waiting to nab Shadow Complex but I've been being cheap. This certainly helps. Also, If anyone wants to get into some Bomberman Live send me an invite --- LIVE=Bay Maximus

seady said:
Is the Bomberman Live the best version of Bomberman out there?

Same question for Castle Crashers and Braid.

I don't know if it's the best bomberman, but it's incredible, and definitely the best I've played. I've logged more time on BL XBL than just about anything, :lol

VALIS

TheFightingFish said:
If by any chance you are about to walk into a store next week and drop $60 on some new big budget game please think it over first.

Trials HD + Shadow Complex + Splosion Man + BC: Rearmed + Braid + Castle Crashers + Geometry Wars 2 + N+ + Marvel vs. Capcom 2
=
$50

And that's if you buy points at market price. Seriously that is so freaking much gaming for the money it's insane Orange Box style.

Many of the best games of the last 2 years in your list (IMO, obviously), so yeah, good point.

Greyvvolf

I'm planning to pick up:

Shadow Complex - 560
Trials HD - 560
Braid - 800 (Isn't it 800 right now? Maybe they will mark it down to 400.)
Mass Effect 2 (Both the Overlord and Kasumi add-ons.) - 1,120

Total = 3,040 Microsoft points

I've got 240 Microsoft Points on my account leftover, so I will need to pick up a 2800 card. Works out perfectly. I will finally be able to play all the XBLA games I've missed out on. I really hope they mark down Braid to 400; I would be able to pick up another XBLA game if they do.

Barakov

I'm definitely getting some Allards for this sale. Geometry Wars 2, Castlevania: SOTN and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are locks. I'll look at the list again to see if anything else catches my eye.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wished I waited to get Shadow Complex. Got it the first day and havent beaten it still. Oh well. So many good deals though!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I feel like I own literally every XBLA game (in reality I've only got about 100)... but I feel like I've hardly touched a lot of them because I'm constantly buying new games in these deals.

Wario64 said:
I wished I waited to get Shadow Complex. Got it the first day and havent beaten it still. Oh well. So many good deals though!
It's a great game and only a few hours long, how come you gave up?

Arucardo

Wario64 said:
Heh, same here. After reading this topic I fired up the 360 and finished the game :lol only had about 30-40min left but I'll def. go back to the game for another play through.

Vorg

Banned
wallet rape incoming :(

But seriously, Shadow Complex, MvC2, Trials HD, Splosion Man and GeoWars2 for 400-560msp... wtf. Moar deals like this, please!

sciplore

Crap I just bought Vandal Hearts a couple of weeks ago :(

Still thinking of picking up Magic but I will definitely get Crystal Defenders for that price
(unless psn gets a sale for it for the psp)
shame Yosumin was not in on this sale too.

Tomasooie

I've already made the $30 I spent on a year of Gold back on these deals, so it was more than worth it. Microsoft have really stepped up their deals.

sillymonkey321 said:
You can turn off auto-renew and/or remove your credit card info after you purchase the month of Gold right away on the website. It's hassle-free now.

Some great buys in there. Like Geometry Wars and Shadow Complex. I have both, great games. I might gobble up Castlevania for 400 points:D

RedSwirl

I'm thinking about Geometry Wars 2 and TMNT since I have 800 points lying around... but I don't actually own an Xbox and probably won't until at least 2011. (the points were for GFW content) Still worth it?

Dipper145

I'm surprised no one corrected the math for "47%" savings for Shadow Complex and Trials.

I probably won't get any of these because I'll forget.

Tomasooie

RedSwirl said:
I'm thinking about Geometry Wars 2 and TMNT since I have 800 points lying around... but I don't actually own an Xbox and probably won't until at least 2011. (the points were for GFW content) Still worth it?
Geometry Wars is, as I doubt it'll go any lower, but I've heard the TMNT remake is shit.

RedSwirl

Tomasooie said:
Geometry Wars is, as I doubt it'll go any lower, but I've heard the TMNT remake is shit.

You may be talking about Re-Shelled, the Turtles in Time remake. The one on sale I think is the original arcade game off of which TMNT II on the NES was based.

Geometry Wars 2 is a goddamn masterpiece. Buy it, add me, and join the arms race that is the local leaderboards.

Already have SC, SotN, and N+; thinking of picking up CC, Trials, and maybe Splosion Man. Is SM fun even without a partner?

bkw

Hmmm... I'd probably jump on Shadow Complex now... but I'm not a Gold member.

Quick question. The 48hr Live trials are multiplayer only and doesn't let you buy the Gold deals, but the one-month ones do? Correct?

If so, I'll probably burn this month code I have just for Shadow Complex.

Lothars

bkw said:

Quick question. The 48hr Live trials are multiplayer only and doesn't let you buy the Gold deals, but the one-month ones do? Correct?

Yeah one months work fine, I believe live is also having a promotion for 1 month of live for a dollar.

Oli

bkw said:

Pretty sure you're correct on that.

Foil

The free XBL Gold weekend should be starting on the 11th, atleast here in Canada?

June 11-13th or something like that?

Top Bottom