• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Deals Coming to XBLA Next Week

Lothars said:
Yeah one months work fine, I believe live is also having a promotion for 1 month of live for a dollar.
I just did this and went to remove my CC info on xbox.com and it said I couldn't. WTF?

Jay Sosa said:
Don't do it. Loved the first but stopped playing the second one today, the levels are way too big, there are like 500 different moves to remember, and being able to split up the two makes things even more confusing.

Yes.

Except not.

Banjo Tooie is the superior game.

blame space said:
I just did this and went to remove my CC info on xbox.com and it said I couldn't. WTF?
yeah it's some sort of trap that happens to people when they pay for live with CC instead of going prepaid
try calling them and make a fuss

LQX

RBH said:
Most of the deals in the OP are available for Silver members as well.

Crap thanks, should have read all the way at the bottom. Will finally pick up Castlevania and Bionic Commando.

claviertekky said:
Those prices need to stay that way forever.

Steam has totally owned XBLA in discounted games.

I agree. I know a lot of people who are interested in Arcade games but are put off by the price. It's ridiculous

FrankT

cjelly said:
I was abouts to buy TMNT 1989 and Keflings... then I remembered the Blowout Sale doesn't start till 16th.

Yea you're right just the first 5 from the deal of the week are up. The rest on the 16th.

Finguo

Which game is the most fun in 2P co-op? Castle Crashers? Splosion man? Anything else? Have only money for one game :( .

Santiako

Finguo said:
Which game is the most fun in 2P co-op? Castle Crashers? Splosion man? Anything else? Have only money for one game :( .

Both are amazing games, you can't go wrong with either of them, but for co-op i'd say Castle Crashers is better.

DasRaven

To Far Away Times said:
I'm considering getting Bomberman. Can anyone comment on how active the Bomberman online community is? Is it an online ghost town?

Community is still fairly active, but I wouldn't bother picking it up. Bomberman:Battlefest is due out soon (it was supposed to come out in Q1'10/Winter) and will kill both the Live(XBL) and Ultra(PSN) communities once released. There was just a developer blog about the new power-ups coming to Battlefest last week.

StayUp

Just brought Shadow Complex and Splosion Man, already have Trials HD. Will get Bionic Commando Rearmed and Castle Crashers, what else is worth getting? Is Alien Hominid HD any good?

StayUp said:
Just brought Shadow Complex and Splosion Man, already have Trials HD. Will get Bionic Commando Rearmed and Castle Crashers, what else is worth getting? Is Alien Hominid HD any good?
AH is bad. Get Geometry Wars 2 if you haven't already.

dangeROSS

Arrghh. My Gold subscription ended just the other day. I've been thinking of getting Shadow Complex but was waiting for a sale. What's the reasoning for limiting some of the deals to Gold memebers?

dangeROSS said:
Arrghh. My Gold subscription ended just the other day. I've been thinking of getting Shadow Complex but was waiting for a sale. What's the reasoning for limiting some of the deals to Gold memebers?
The reasoning is they want you to upgrade to Gold.

dangeROSS

I get Microsoft wanting people to get Gold Subscriptions. But if they want to sell these games I would think it'd be smarter not to limit the number of people available to buy them. It just seems counter-productive. They would still be making money either way.

Decado

Fuck! I thought Shadow Complex was for silver members, as well.

Still haven't managed to grab a decent deal on XBLA titles :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am a gold member, I even got Trials HD earlier for 540. It says:

You told us how much you loved our Inventory Blowout sale when we ran it in April, so we’re bringing it back to celebrate E3. You’ll find big discounts on top Arcade titles….don’t miss this one-week sale! June 16 – 22.

These prices will be available for All Xbox LIVE members starting Monday, June 14th

Which conflicts with itself...I guess I'll try again on the 16th.

Daigoro

Guts Of Thor said:
Is Zombie Apocalypse any good? I played the demo and enjoyed it but want to know if the fun is upheld throughout the game.

i enjoyed it a lot. it can get tedious towards the end of some stages, but i feel like it was worth it.

i didnt regret my purchase for full price.

Just picked up Braid (finally). I'm really craving some Geometry Wars, but the sale hasn't hit that game yet.

Edit: Price just dropped, don't know if that means all titles are marked down now, but just finished downloading Geometry Wars for 400 points.

loves me some XBLA deals -

'Splosion Man finally mine

I now own 3 copies of Castlevania: SOTN, maybe the achievements will finally encourage me to finish the inverted castle

and with the rest of my 1600 point card I decided to buy Rocket Riot.. can not wait to dig into that game

Braid is NOT a deal. It's been 800 points for some time now. It's part of the Arcade Hits, which automatically means a permanent lower price.

FrankT

BarrenMind said:
loves me some XBLA deals -

'Splosion Man finally mine

I now own 3 copies of Castlevania: SOTN, maybe the achievements will finally encourage me to finish the inverted castle

and with the rest of my 1600 point card I decided to buy Rocket Riot.. can not wait to dig into that game

Yea Spolsion man is certainly one I missed and need for the collection.

Jay Sosa

Finally at home, downloading Vandal Hearts, Splosion Man and Shadow Complex right now.

Will give Trials HD, GW2 and CC a try and maybe dl them as well.

Good for me that my console broke down last month and MS sent a 1 month Gold card as an apology.

Alien Hominid hate is crazy. That game is great. But that's why every XBLA game has a demo.

I suppose it's time I finally buy Shadow Complex and Trials HD, even though I'm still sitting on an untouched 'Splosion Man from the last time it was on sale.

Downloaded Geometry Wars 2 and Castlevania, already did Geometry Wars 1 and the trial of Castlevania and both enjoyed them. Having fun now with Geometry Wars 2. Am doubting about Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Castle Crashers and Splosion Man though. Shadow Complex doesn't look very appealing to me, hadn't that much fun with the trial of Trials HD, already finished Castle Crashers with a friend and am a pretty high level with almost everything unlocked and my brother has Splosion Man and I almost never play it with him. Probably just wait for Monkey Island 2 and keep the rest for some DLC.

Also don't get the hate for Alien Hominid, I love it.

seady

dangeROSS said:

Artificial way of pumping up the worth of gold membership.
Instead of adding features to Gold that would cost them to make, they are taking out features from non-gold players to make gold look worthwhile.

BTW, I don't have Bomberman Live, Castle Crashers or Geometry Wars 2 yet, which of them is the best?

Chris R

_dementia said:
The reasoning is they want you to upgrade to Gold.
I was able to use a $1 for 1 month of Gold which was offered on the Daashboard. Upgraded to Gold, purchased Trials HD, downloaded the Mass Effect 2 demo, and I'm currently trying to find a way to cancel the Gold membership online.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm thinking of picking up Alien Hominid HD. Quick question though, reading the gamespot review, they mention a save bug(prevents saving progress), did they patch/fix that?

Tomasooie

rhfb said:
I was able to use a $1 for 1 month of Gold which was offered on the Daashboard. Upgraded to Gold, purchased Trials HD, downloaded the Mass Effect 2 demo, and I'm currently trying to find a way to cancel the Gold membership online.
You can't cancel the membership: you paid for a month, you get a month. Just remove your credit card info and/or turn off auto-renew.

To remove a credit card:
xbox.com > Xbox Live > Xbox Live Marketplace > My Account > Manage Payment Options

To turn off auto-renew:
xbox.com > Xbox Live > Xbox Live Marketplace > My Account > Membership Level or Account Summary

GK86 said:
I'm thinking of picking up Alien Hominid HD. Quick question though, reading the gamespot review, they mention a save bug, did they patch/fix that?
I played and finished the game not too long ago and had no trouble.

Top Bottom