• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3: Prototype Version -Launch title for Nintendo E-Shop [Screens/Vids]

Is Capcom actually going to release this commercially as Prototype Version? Yeesh... what's shown here doesn't look like it'd be worth $5.

Slime said:
The character does suck, but I was just relieved to see new DASH gameplay all these years later. Looks tight, though I'm kind of worried that some Raiden-level protagonist-switching business might be going on here...

In which case, fuck that shit.

Exactly what I was thinking... maybe the new character rescues Mega Man.

Metallix

Banned
Father_Brain said:
Is Capcom actually going to release this commercially as Prototype Version? Yeesh... what's shown here doesn't look like it'd be worth $5.
This is probably pre-Prototype... or at least, I hope so.

Father_Brain said:

Sometimes even demos get rated. It'll probably come to the Nintendo eShop or something as a free download.

Yay, posted it on my site.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its a very early build but is has some potential...open-world game on a handheld, cant wait for it.

edit:
bike segments are pretty cool.

[Nintex]

So is it greenlit yet?

It didn't look that bad but it didn't look great either, something like Kingdom Hearts DS mixed with Mega Man yawn.

duckroll

Hahahahahahahahahahha the framerate explosion. I'm really hoping this doesn't like... suddenly crash when they're playing it. Because it sure looks like it might!

Slime

Banned
Oh, it's definitely early. If they release anything commercially I imagine it'd be a huge step up from this. Looked too rough to be even approaching anything remotely viable.

I think it gave a decent idea of what to expect though, and I liked what I saw.

Edit: Oh shit, didn't realize this was still going on!

duckroll

DeathNote said:
Was it just a trailer or are they playing it right now?

I don't know how to sign up for this lol..

There was a trailer, then they started playing the pre-alpha build. They're showing a third mission now, a boss fight.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahoi-Brause said:
This new character is really terrible. Just like when they put axl in the x series.

Except Axl became actually likable in X8. Oh and Bass was put in Megaman 7 and he's popular!

I'm still on the fence, but I hope they treat the duality more like X/Zero rather than Snake/Raiden.

Bullet/Baret's voice is familiar.

wwm0nkey

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Are we getting MGS2'ed or is this guy just there until Trigger comes back?
Looks like until Trigger gets back. Again i am assuming there will be co-op in this.

Ookami-kun said:
Except Axl became actually likable in X8. Oh and Bass was put in Megaman 7 and he's popular!

I'm still on the fence, but I hope they treat the duality more like X/Zero rather than Snake/Raiden.

Bullet/Baret's voice is familiar.
I hated Axl, he was the final coffin nail for the X series.
Also I dont like how capcom cockteases us with Legends 3 and now out of the blue change the main character to that marry sue.

I don't want to play as that new guy.
And I most certainly don't want to see him doing anything with Tron and Roll while megaman is away.

duckroll said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA THEY ARE REALLY GOING TO SELL THIS AS 3DSWARE.

ROCKMAN DASH 3 PROLOGUE! ROFLMAO!

for what, $1? Good god - releasing anything in this state could actually harm interest in the final version. At least the boss battle didn't look too bad.

EDIT: 200Y/$2 isn't too bad, but I'm still convinced that it needs a few more months in development before a demo is releaseable.

LProtag

Maybe there's just been too much 'community development' and trying to let the players decide what will be in or not compared to... actual gameplay development.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahoi-Brause said:
I hated Axl, he was the final coffin nail for the X series.
Also I dont like how capcom cockteases us with Legends 3 and now out of the blue change the main character to that marry sue.

Stuff like this makes me want to kill people.

First off, that's not what a Mary Sue is.

Second, I wonder how much you felt towards Bass.

Third, I bet you didn't even play X8!

My rage... it gives me power!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
wow, easy as balls to sign up for with chrome's built in translator.

should i be seeing a guy in a tan jacket and black glasses?

[Nintex]

duckroll said:
Good news guys, now you can not only help design MML3, but you can help fund it too!!!!! Not enough lulz.
"Help me keep my job!"
"Buy Mega Man Dash 3! Let's do this for Japan and the glory of Capcom!"

*patriotic flag waving while Takeuchi ports RE4 in the background*

Luigiv

duckroll said:
Damn it, I'll actually let myself get ripped off here. Gameplay looks fun, even if it still reeks of early prototype.

I just want more icons on my 3DS home screen.

Top Bottom