• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3: Prototype Version -Launch title for Nintendo E-Shop [Screens/Vids]

Ookami-kun said:
First off, that's not what a Mary Sue is.

Second, I wonder how much you felt towards Bass.

Third, I bet you didn't even play X8!

My rage... it gives me power!
Bass wasn't playable when he first appeared.
Axl was crammed into the series to appeal to stupid yaoi fans and to imply some kind of homosexual love triangle going on between Zero, X and Axl so fujoshi will buy the game.

Anyways, this new character fits the definition of a Mary Sue for a 100%.
It's like some shitty fanfic character come to life stealing the spotlight for megaman.

This may just be a way to see the fan reception before actually going all out on the full title.

It isn't really a bad thing, I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to get some early content and look at the game.

Anyway, I had been under the impression that Nintendo wasn't allowing developers to announce 3DSWare titles, and didn't have a date for when they'd be available. Maybe it'll happen when the eShop launches next month after all... I can dream, can't I?

I'm down if it's only $2. Hopefully they can polish it up a bit.

Oh who am I kidding, this is Capcom... they'll find some way to fuck this up

wwm0nkey

Even though this is $2.50 for an alpha build you have to think this is the perfect way to get fan reaction, yeah its BS that it even costs but oh well.

Luigiv

GDGF said:
Wait so they are selling a demo or is the entire game small scale and selling at 200 yen?
It's a pre-pre-alpha build full of place holder assets and no polish. Content probably wont overlap with the final build by virtue of it being so damn early but it's still a terrible idea for an early teaser release. Even at 200 Yen it's ripoff (though, I'm still biting, because I'm foolish) and could end up harming the final games integrity as most people don't understand the concept of prototypes.

Apparently Rome was built in a day if some people are to be taken seriously.

Edit: One thing worth noting though, It could be that Capcom put a price on the demo that it would have a permanent spot in the shop. Remember, Nintendo cycles through demos.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I guess go blame Sony's GT5 prologue and SE's Dissidia prologue

Ahoi-Brause said:
Bass wasn't playable when he first appeared.
Axl was crammed into the series to appeal to stupid yaoi fans and to imply some kind of homosexual love triangle going on between Zero, X and Axl so fujoshi will buy the game.

Anyways, this new character fits the definition of a Mary Sue for a 100%.
It's like some shitty fanfic character come to life stealing the spotlight for megaman.

Except that you do know Trigger is stuck in outer space.

And are you implying that there haven't been any yaoi prior to Axl?

Metallix

Banned
Luigiv said:
It's a pre-pre-alpha build full of place holder assets and no polish. Content probably wont overlap with the final build by virtue of it being so damn early but it's still a terrible idea for an early teaser release.
I don't think this is really being intended as a teaser release.

More likely, the team needs the money, or Capcom wants to check fan reactions (via amount of people who pay for the demo) to see whether or not they should greenlight the project officially.

Father_Brain said:
Anyway, I had been under the impression that Nintendo wasn't allowing developers to announce 3DSWare titles, and didn't have a date for when they'd be available. Maybe it'll happen when the eShop launches next month after all... I can dream, can't I?

The Prototype version was rated by the OFLC in Australia so it's safe to say that is going to be happening pretty soon as a way to hype the service. However, it better not set a precedent that demos should be paid for either. >_>;

Luigiv

Metallix said:

More likely, the team needs the money, or Capcom wants to check fan reactions (via amount of people who pay for the demo) to see whether or not they should greenlight the project officially.
Well it's not like those two agendas are mutually exclusive.

Ookami-kun said:
Except that you do know Trigger is stuck in outer space.
And that's why the game should be about some new shitty friend?
This is like sonic.
Just bring back megaman, let Tron rescue him or whatever.
But introducing some shitty new friend who is totally jarring and doesn't fit the scenario is a bad idea. I personally feel trolled by capcom.

Ahoi-Brause said:
This is like sonic.
But introducing some shitty new friend who is totally jarring and doesn't fit the scenario is a bad idea. I personally feel trolled by capcom.

MM is playable though!

wwm0nkey

Ahoi-Brause said:
This is like sonic.
This is a prolouge dude. It probably ends with Megaman coming back.

Luigiv said:
It's a pre-pre-alpha build full of place holder assets and no polish. Content probably wont overlap with the final build by virtue of it being so damn early but it's still a terrible idea for an early teaser release. Even at 200 Yen it's ripoff (though, I'm still biting, because I'm foolish) and could end up harming the final games integrity as most people don't understand the concept of prototypes.

Apparently Rome was built in a day if some people are to be taken seriously.

Agreed. The right way to do a demo is to wait until you can release a polished slice of the game, but I guess MML3 really is in danger of cancellation and the team is doing this out of desperation. Either that, or they're just fucking stupid.

Still, I doubt I'll be able to bring myself to not buy it, if only as a $2 gesture of support.

duckroll

wwm0nkey said:
This is a prolouge dude. It probably ends with Megaman coming back.

I don't think so. Megaman isn't even going to be in it at all, because Megaman is still stuck in space. I bet this is going to be like DMC4, where half the game is Ballet working to rescue Megaman, and then after that they reuse all the same areas for another half of a game with you playing as Megaman to beat the real villains.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Metallix said:

They should have released the short trailer and announced this demo. Showing people what they're going to get beforehand might just have triggered a wave of negativity about the demo that snowballs into the cancellation of this project.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahoi-Brause said:
This is like sonic.

Making the rescue something like *snap* like that is the most unsatisfying thing to do, especially when the cliffhanger ends like that.

As someone said, they can fumble and end up doing a Raiden, but they can also do it good and make it more of a Zero.

If anything, you people tend to ruin Capcom games for being too much more of the same.

wwm0nkey

duckroll said:
I don't think so. Megaman isn't even going to be in it at all, because Megaman is still stuck in space. I bet this is going to be like DMC4, where half the game is Ballet working to rescue Megaman, and then after that they reuse all the same areas for another half of a game with you playing as Megaman to beat the real villains.
Guess we will have to wait and see on that one, I personally think he is going to come back at the end of the prolouge

Slime

Banned
I felt like what I saw was gave a decent impression of what the finished product will be like, but I'm also a lifelong Mega Man fan. I liked what I saw, but I also had to use a bit of imagination to get a grasp on what the final version might be like, and in that sense I'm hyped. But Average Joe 3DS Owner paying a couple dollars for this, hoping for a polished little demo or bite-sized game, could potentially just get disgusted and never even bother when the actual game comes out. Just seems like a bad idea to me.

21aba02.jpg

Welcome to Megaman Legends 3.
Now with more poochie

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they should have just conveyed the gravity of the situation over at Capcom on the blog and started a donation drive.
Might be the more effective strategy.

wwm0nkey

Slime said:
I felt like what I saw was gave a decent impression of what the finished product will be like, but I'm also a lifelong Mega Man fan. I liked what I saw, but I also had to use a bit of imagination to get a grasp on what the final version might be like, and in that sense I'm hyped. But Average Joe 3DS Owner paying a couple dollars for this, hoping for a polished little demo or bite-sized game, could potentially just get disgusted and never even bother when the actual game comes out. Just seems like a bad idea to me.
Well I am going to assume this will be released either in May or June, lets see if they can just add a little extra polish or not.

duckroll

wwm0nkey said:
Well I am going to assume this will be released either in May or June, lets see if they can just add a little extra polish or not.

Do they have any money left to pay employees to polish it up?!

duckroll said:
If I remember correctly, the developers said that Mega Man will be playable

Top Bottom