• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3: Prototype Version -Launch title for Nintendo E-Shop [Screens/Vids]

Wizpig

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Because it's a relatively minor (albeit pretty awesome) detail?

Not as far as I know, although I recall hearing that Capcom's looking into getting the first two games up on PSN.
Damn it, so i'm going to play Legends 3 without the first 2... :\

mega-man-legends-3_201v7hj.jpg

HNNG.... the wait for this game is getting pretty painful

GregLombardi said:
Wow they're going to co develop a game with fans?

That's a pretty damn innovative game idea, quite frankly. Regardless of how crappy it may have looked during some of that video.

the fans decicions have sucked so far...

Luigiv

Wizpig said:
200 yen is less than €2, I hope they price it accordingly here in Europe.
If it's, like, €5 when it launches here, i'm going to be pissed.
It'll be 200 Yen, US$2, €2, AU$3.

angelfly

lunchwithyuzo said:
I never played them, but what about the PC and N64 versions?
N64 port was inferior to the PS1 version in terms of quality. I didn't even know they ported to PC so I have no comments on that.

wwm0nkey

Solution to people that havent played 1 or 2, buy the game USED for like $20 to $50 on ebay and play with PCSX, problem solved :)

perfectnight said:
Um so is there any date on when this 3DS shop is opening for business?

As of early last month, it was scheduled for late May. We should get a date from the Nintendo investor briefing next Tuesday... unless, God forbid, it's been delayed until sometime after E3.

NewFresh

angelfly said:
N64 port was inferior to the PS1 version in terms of quality. I didn't even know they ported to PC so I have no comments on that.
I remember renting the N64 version and being pretty upset. it was not till years later that i played it on Ps1 and loved it.

The N64 port was supposed to make a number of gameplay improvements to the game, but the story goes that Sony told Capcom they have to make it a straight port from the PS1 version. Though this story would conflict with how RE2 was handled on the N64, so who knows.

Thoraxes

Oh my goodness.
My hype-levels went through the roof, and I don't have the medicine to control my jumping up and down with happiness sickness. Someone help me, I can't stop fist pumping in the air yelling "YES! YES! YES!".

I'm actually really stoked for this now too. I've never been a big purchaser of Wiiware/VC, PSN, or XBLA, but this game is day one for me. VERY excited!

On another note: Is it only going to be $2 here then? Or is there something I don't know about conversion rates? (EDIT: saw the posts above mine) OK.

Is it sad that this will be my next 3DS purchase? I never got into the first one since I was so young, but now that I'm older I dig the style of the game.

Akainu

StickSoldier said:
Is it sad that this will be my next 3DS purchase? I never got into the first one since I was so young, but now that I'm older I dig the style of the game.
Yes, you prick. Go buy a PlayStation and search for these games.

Thoraxes

wwm0nkey said:
As long as option C doesn't win we will be fine :lol
Judging by the art in the trailer, it was Option A.
There were none of the round hip joints and other little things in it.
Whether or not that was made before or after the poll, I have no idea.

Wizpig

Ookami-kun said:
I blame Japanese fans!
Yeah.
What about that Rockman suit design? i hope C doesn't win, ugh, Star Force design...

I voted B iirc.
"A" was Legends 2, right? pretty awesome, but i want a new design for a new game.

As for the new character i voted the one with the weird yellow hat or another one, i don't remember.

Aero with short hair is still better than the one everyone voted for though ;)

Glix

This looks pretty awesome. Paying for a real early version that we can have input on? I'm not sure if I love that idea or hate it...

I think of the recent Square interview where the guy said he thinks their games would be much better if they couldn't read the internet or see reactions to what they are doing....

Wizpig

Glix said:
I think of the recent Square interview where the guy said he thinks their games would be much better if they couldn't read the internet or see reactions to what they are doing....
Dude is probably right.

Nintendo wasn't reading the internet when developing Mario Galaxy.

Reallink

Ok I haven't read all 300 posts, so maybe I'm missing something--but on first glance, it looks like they're charging $2 for an Alpha demo whose intended purpose is to garner feedback for use directly in development? So basically you might say we're both paying for a demo, and paying Capcom for the opportunity to help design their game? Surely this can't be right. That would make this, by 10,000 country miles, the lowest and most shameless form of money grabbing in the entire history of videogames. By comparison, every ounce of unlock code DLC would now look like charity to homeless, wheelchair bound, mentally challenged, blind kids in a natural disaster stricken area.

Reallink said:
Ok I haven't read all 300 posts, so maybe I'm missing something--but on first glance, it looks like they're charging $2 for an Alpha demo whose intended purpose is to garner feedback for use directly in development? So basically you might say we're both paying for a demo, and paying Capcom for the opportunity to help design their game? Surely this can't be right. That would make this, by 10,000 country miles, the lowest and most shameless form of money grabbing in the entire history of videogames. By comparison, every ounce of unlock code DLC would now look like charity to homeless, wheelchair bound, mentally challenged, blind kids in a natural disaster stricken area.

no. it doesn't

Metallix

Banned
Reallink said:
That's pretty severe. This is a measly $2 to get to play a very early build, and help with the development to make the ultimate fan game.

I think this is one of the few times where such "money grabbing" is acceptable.

creid

Reallink said:
You don't need to play the prologue to help design the game.

FUCK.

I thought I could hold out on the 3DS purchase until this came out. I can't contain my excitement goddamnit, I'm buying a 3DS this May. Fuck you Capcom.
<3 you Capgod.

They better greenlight this shit.

wwm0nkey

SwiftSketcher said:
FUCK.

I thought I could hold out on the 3DS purchase until this came out. I can't contain my excitement goddamnit, guess I'm buying a 3DS this May. Fuck you Capcom.
<3 you Capgod

They better greenlight this shit.
With this I think its 100% green-lit.

wwm0nkey said:
With this I think its 100% green-lit.

If this actually looked like a polished, complete slice of something resembling a releaseable game - as with DR2: Case Zero and most publicly released game demos - I would agree with you. But based on what I saw on the livestream, I'm catching a distinct odor of desperation.

(At $2, I'll still buy, though, if only to send a message in support of greenlighting more commercially risky projects for 3DS.)

Top Bottom