• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megan Fox to play April O'Neil in Michael Bay's TMNT movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i'd rather april oneil
April_ONeil.jpg

The only answer.

Cheebo

Banned
Variety said she beat out Anna Kendrick and Elizabeth Olsen for it.

How?!?! Both are much better fits and far better actresses

Cheebo

Banned
The fact we nearly got Anna Kendrick as April which actually seems like a really great fit is just insane. How did paramount let bay pick Megan Fox over them? Ugh.

DJ_Lae

Good to see I'm not alone in thinking April O'Neil should play April O'Neil.

Excuse me while I go and do some photo and video browsing.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Teenage Alien Explosion Turtles will explode your beloved franchise with awesome Bayness!

Dr Prob

Banned
Casting Megan Fox is the only thing stopping this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film directed by Michael Bay from becoming an eternal classic.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Let's let Platinum Dunes' excellent track record explode for itself.

Gartooth

Fuck this movie, I swear it's almost comical at this point like Bay is trying to impress us with how stupid he can make this movie be.

Honestly I would be fine with it existing just to have a few laughs at the movie's expense, but this is the damn Ninja Turtles we are talking about and I would hate to see the property take a fall from this after the great resurgence of the property recently with the cartoon and comics.

I do think Paramount is in an odd position with the franchise.

As I understand it, the Nickelodeon show has been a hit, pleasing old fans, and building up a large fanbase of children. If this Michael Bay production was released a few months ago, then he could do anything and it would make bank no matter what and establish a new stage of the franchise. Now, they run the risk of either the show or the movie series hurting the other.

But yeah. TMNT isn't hard to adapt and have it work. It's really odd that Bay is going through so much trouble to put his own "twist" on things, when nobody seems to want one.

Gartooth

I do think Paramount is in an odd position with the franchise.

As I understand it, the Nickelodeon show has been a hit, pleasing old fans, and building up a large fanbase of children. If this Michael Bay production was released a few months ago, then he could do anything and it would make bank no matter what and establish a new stage of the franchise. Now, they run the risk of either the show or the movie series hurting the other.

But yeah. TMNT isn't hard to adapt and have it work. It's really odd that Bay is going through so much trouble to put his own "twist" on things, when nobody seems to want one.

My biggest fear is that the movie could turn kids away from the show, effectively killing it and the property. Or worse, the movie is popular and as such the property is changed to tailor to Bay's version. Either way we lose, and I was hoping that the movie would be outright cancelled altogether.

Colin.

Never even realized Michael Bay was doing a TMNT movie. He's already ruined one franchise, leave this one alone please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom