• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melissa Villaseñor, Alex Moffat cast on SNL, join new add Mikey Day (no Chris Redd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Figured I'd make a new thread rather than bump the previous one that also listed Redd:
http://splitsider.com/2016/09/mikey-day-alex-moffat-and-melissa-villasenor-join-the-snl-cast/
snl_42_featured.jpg

SNL just officially added three new featured players. The show announced on Twitter today that it’s added Alex Moffat and Melissa Villaseñor to the cast as featured players in addition to Mikey Day, whose promotion from writer to cast member was reported last week.
Moffat was cast in an untitled NBC sketch comedy show in 2014 and is a Second City, iO, and Annoyance alum, while impressionist Villaseñor was a semifinalist on America’s Got Talent and most recently competed on Dana Carvey’s USA series First Impressions. She’s also appeared in several videos for Broadway Video’s Más Mejor. Here’s the full SNL season 42 cast:

Vanessa Bayer
Beck Bennett
Aidy Bryant
Colin Jost
Kate McKinnon
Kyle Mooney
Bobby Moynihan
Cecily Strong
Kenan Thompson
Sasheer Zamata
Michael Che
Pete Davidson
Leslie Jones
Mikey Day
Alex Moffat
Melissa Villaseñor
Mikey Day was announced last week—in some reports alongside Chris Redd, but that turned out to be wrong. Official SNL announcement doesn't mention him.

Bunch of videos of their work in the article. Decent additions I think. Well, I know nothing about Moffat. But Day's been a writer for a while and should be semi-prepared. And I liked him in those David Blaine videos years ago. Apparently Villaseñor was very popular on AGT but I only know her from her hilarious Owen Wilson impression.

manakel

I had no clue Melissa Villaseñor is the one that did the Owen Wilson impressions. She is hilarious! Perfect fit for SNL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom