• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men should dance, the more manly they are, the more they should dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/10664623/How-to-dance-like-an-alpha-male.html

“Then we filmed the men dancing naturally. We played this footage back, blurred out on a screen, so women couldn’t tell how physically attractive thee men were. They could only see the moves, and the women consistently rated the higher testosterone men as better dancers and more attractive.”

Dr Lovatt says low-testosterone dancing involves small movements, generally keeping within the frame of the body. High-testosterone men, however, co-ordinate bigger movements in different parts of their body, making their outline more interesting and spectators keener to watch them for longer...

“Men sometimes say they’ve got no rhythm as an excuse, because they think dancing’s not for them. Well, it is, it’s a display thing. Men should dance, and the more manly they are, the more they should dance.”

Get out on that dance floor next time, men of GAF.

Kinyou

8ec0690736.gif

Oddly enough, since I've had my daughter, I've danced more.

Maybe I'm just getting old and IDGAF how stupid I look or maybe I just feel less self conscious dancing with a 4 year old.

PreFire

I know how to dance, I just think it's s corny, personally. Makes me feel like a dweeb.. Even if I am dancing with the hottest girl in the room.

If I'm dating a girl who wants to go out dancing every weekend, it's over. I danced (choreographed) professionally in front of large audiences in Madison square garden and the paramount theatre. Those days are over.

I love music, but hate dancing but know how and absolutely won't unless I'm hammered.. Which then follows up with making out with an ugly girl, taking her home and having her do the walk of shame once I sober up and kick her out.

Seriously though, I don't like to dance. Idc what the study says about manliness lol

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I started taking dance lessons with my fiance for our wedding, and I really didn't expect it, but I'm actually quite enjoying it. Man it's hard though

highrider

Banned
I was actually in like a pop/break group back in the day so I can actually dance pretty good, but dancing with a female always makes me feel kind of self conscious. When I was stationed in Germany going to clubs people mostly danced by themselves. To me that's a better way.

Edit: I am bursting with testosterone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I love to dance, I'm just horrible at it. Then again, most girls I've met who thought they were good dancers were atrocious, they're just girls and guys don't actually care.

Dancing is the worst

Wait scratch that people who assume everyone likes dancing and they just need to let go are the worst

You can't make me dance

Leave me alone

dramatis

I think it depends. I don't think a man doing a waltz would necessarily be doing a lot of "high testosterone" movements, but he could be attractive to a lady still just through the grace involved in the dance.

Or maybe there's actually a lot of high testosterone movements in a waltz. Who knows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Need video.

Apparently, the trick is to have big moves if you want to woo the ladies with a subconscious display of your testosterone fueled manliness.

Isn't that the whole purpose of life?

I compensate for lack of actual skills by using some insane moves. I used to get a lot of surprisingly positive attention from girls for my enthusiastic bad dancing.

I honestly think they simply like the confidence to just say fuck it and do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom