• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men should dance, the more manly they are, the more they should dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower testosterone:
tumblr_m37ktrF6fT1r2umvdo2_250.gif

Higher testosterone:
ShepardDance.gif

Viewt

I'm just courteous enough to everyone else to not dance. My girlfriend likes to dance every now and then, and she used to want to see me dance, too. Then one night I got really drunk and danced with her at a karaoke bar. After that, she fully accepts me not dancing haha.

I would describe it as overly aggressive and unrestrained. It's like I'm trying to expel molten lava from my pours.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I used to really like dancing. Going out and having a good time on the dance floor was fun. I haven't done it in literally over a decade. But when I did, it was fun!

Somehow dance clubs got replaced by sports bars as a place to meet people, atleast in my corner of the world.

Coolluck

I get compliments on my dancing. But I know very little and don't know any actual moves. I think it's more that I'm usually a cold person but I'll get moving if I love the music or am drunk enough.

Some people don't like dancing though, and that's ok. You don't have to do it. But just awkwardly swaying back and forth never looks right either. If you do it, go all out. Who cares what you look like if you're having fun.

Dancing feels really good to me, and thankfully people like when I dance. I don't always do it, though. There has to music I like, which isn't always the case. But I will dance even if I'm all alone and the music moves me.

my brother once busted out a pogo stick on a club floor

You know, that dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

Not a fan of these studies that try to objectively weigh attractiveness like we (humans) are goddamn animals. I guess it's a starting point.

The studies aren't really the problem, often they reveal a complexity that is promptly excluded or mischievously unmentioned in articles and discussions in favor of insecure darwinist alpha males.

Not a fan of these studies that try to objectively weigh attractiveness like we (humans) are goddamn animals.

But we are and there are many layers of attraction from subtle cues like smell all the ways to evolution of our primal drive to find a partner with the resources to support offspring (wealth).

Sure, there's obviously lots of complexity in between and compatibility is another layer, but it all comes down to some very primal needs. You can think that you're above it, but all humans are subject to the same forces (to varying degrees).

Zhengi

I've been taking dance lessons with my SO. Never liked dancing before I started dancing with her. Now I totally have fun with her and want to keep dancing.

Dancing is great. The thing is , there's a fine line between good dancing / awakwardly-fun dancing / and cringe dancing. The gif posted of Ex-Machina shows the first two (she has some beautiful smooth moves , while him being so into it looks fun albeit stiff ).

tCgwkg4.gif

The rule doesn't really apply to hot girls though.

I've been taking dance lessons with my SO. Never liked dancing before I started dancing with her. Now I totally have fun with her and want to keep dancing.

I did that in the past and it was one of the most fun / sexy things i did with her. I'll honestly oblige any future girl i meet to go through dancing lessons with me eheh

Zodzilla

Once went to a friend's wedding. I was friends with everyone at the table except for one guy. We went up to dance because the bride and groom asked for people to come up to the dance floor. We tried to convince that one guy to dance, he wouldn't. Mind you, we're all goofy ass dancers, but we wanted to support the groom because he's a friend and paid for a DJ and a dance floor.

The one guy who wouldn't dance seemed to be convinced that he would be cooler if he didn't dance, so he sat at the table alone and drank alone. Sometimes the coolest thing is to act like a dork and just get some moves out.

I used to dance a shit load at weddings and always had a blast, until my then-girlfriend (now fiance) told me -- at the first wedding we went to -- that I was a really bad dancer. I knew that I was but I never cared and people used to tell me they loved how I didn't care and how fun it was to dance with me, but when she told me that I got really self-conscious and now I don't enjoy myself doing it and don't.

The few times I've loosened up enough to dance, I'm immediately the center of the room's attention. It's like a superpower. Haven't done it in years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom